Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yeah I'm liking this thread. bring it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I'm still trying to decide what's funnier - in-depth analysis of Robocop shooting a guy in the dick, a huge slab of beef going 'bring it', or tanky support hecarim

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

SirSamVimes posted:

Okay, so I'm pretty new to league, but how can a team this bad exist? :psyduck:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1485058609/91111

A Tale of Two Yis

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Phuzzy posted:

Ahaahahahaahahahahaha someone in the AMA thread for the Twitch Streampocolypse put down an essay on 'why haven't you banned Kaceytron' instead of asking a good question.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2cwfu2/i_am_twitch_ceo_emmett_shear_ask_me_almost/cjjocnw

jesus christ, do nerds really think it's 'indecent' to wear a low cut top

kacey owns

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Darth Windu posted:

"Dragon Camp"

please don't be so homophobic towards the monsters on summoners rift

thank you

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

Quinn and Poppy is one of the strongest bot lanes in the game. No one will play it because of prejudice against the two best champions in the game.

It's true. The proof is everywhere. Quinn it to Win it, Once you Pop you can't stop.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

d0grent posted:

So currently whenever I'm forced into top lane I cheese it with kayle or karma (unless I can get a decent match-up for pantheon). I was thinking about picking up Fiora to have in my back pocket for when this happens; is she worth the 6300?

No doubt. She's easy to play you can dunk the gently caress out of people

e: vvv yeah Fiora mid is good too, yasuo especially is a free win for her. you can still beat bruisery assholes as fiora though. except panth. gently caress that guy. vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 11, 2014

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Alris posted:

SirhcEz literally only plays Singed and Nasus and he's consistently in the top 10 streamers on Twitch in the period he's on. Pulling in good numbers is like 40% skill 40% personality and interacting with the community.

So I am sweet out of luck. :negative:

it also helps that he has the voice of an angel

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
AP Sej is loving fun as shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
never not don't get zhonyas

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I don't actually think it is ok though

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Gnar is so cute that it makes me want to kill myself

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
imo silences in league need to be re-worked because their current function is kind of stupid. silences are supposed to counter mages and prevent them from casting spells, but because all abilities are considered spells it just counters everyone. they should sort all the abilities into physical/magical. change that, and then give LB hers back.

it makes sense that a silenced Syndra can't do her magic sphere poo poo, but it doesn't make sense that a silenced Darius can't swing an axe at you.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Giodo! posted:

I think as a game mechanic it's way easier to understand that silence = no abilities than to try to suss out what is a physical and what is a magical damange ability, or to try to apply an ultimately irrelevant logic test to it ( since Riot has never even attempted to have the physical/magic damage thing make sense based on the ability itself. Is Zed's Death Mark really any less a spell than Syndra's ult? Why is buster shot or Mundo's cleaver magical?). The latter places a pretty large burden of knowledge on players, and gives you weird edge cases with mixed damage champions.

I guess it does, but I just think that's the only way that silences can achieve their intended purpose (countering mages) without being completely retarded, like LB and Kass' silences were. That's what WoW does anyway and it makes total sense in that game at least.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Tonetta posted:

Players: y r u doing dis
Riot: she can never be.... viable
Players: noooo

lol ffs

but anyway let's just all play AP pig jungle because it's fun as poo poo

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

KidDynamite posted:

What are you guys doing when Fiora's ult is down? I find I can get ahead top with her but I can't close out games because teamfights either happen too quickly or my team doesn't engage with me.

You can't really use it as an engage unless
- you're sickeningly fed
- you've caught a squishy target out and can one-combo them
- your team has really good follow-up cc

wait until the right moment to go in, so then by the time you've used it, you should be able to finish off people with Qs and stuff.

Build CDR so you can stick on people else you're going to run around being useless waiting for your Q CD

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

glomkettle posted:

This gets brought up every time Fiora is mentioned but you're usually much better off maxing Q first. +50 base damage and -2 seconds cooldown on your mobility skill are going to be more useful than +5 ad and -1 second cooldown on riposte.

and if you're playing against Gangplank as Fiora he will be dead 90% of the time anyway

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Top Gnar seems super easy to kill in little mode but my god don't go near him if mega Gnar is nearly ready/up holy poo poo.

loving word, just had a sick game on him by repeatedly baiting people when I had transform ready to pop. lead them into a bush, transform, slam them into the wall, seeya later.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I just wanna bounce off poo poo with his jump all day

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Shankel Magnus posted:

How about building Gnar as a split pusher?

You can throw boots of go fast and a hurricane on him and use it's ability to quickly trigger his hyper, push lanes, and then run (or hop) away into the jungle when they come for you.

he can be good at pushing but you can't build hurricane because it's a bad item and you will transform after like 2 waves and then it does nothing

better would probably be getting ghostblade for that

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
when I'm drunk I always win playing the weirdest poo poo like AD Janna top and I never know why or how this happens

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Riot should add a big flashing warning saying DO NOT DO THIS when people try to ult into the middle of teamfights as Quinn and maybe then she wouldn't have such a bad rep

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
jumped into the fight as if I were a slab of beef, but alas, I was merely a pigeon

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that game owns, I just watched a penguin running for its life against Ghost Fiora

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

theflyingorc posted:

OK, a friend of mine is posting that he thinks Runaan's will be great on Gnar, because you can transform super quick even though you don't get the bonus attacks when you're Mega Gnar. I say it's not worth it. Am I crazy or is he crazy?

It just seems like the dumbest idea to me. Triforce + BotRK is perfect with both parts of his kit. Why waste 2400 gold just for a quicker transform when you could get something that works with everything?

e: vvv yeah, true. both or one is fine it just depends on the situation. vvv

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 14, 2014

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm thinking I might try SotD on Alistar. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.

anything is possible when you believe in yourself

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

Not sure what's going on with that head, but drat, finally.

that looks loving cool

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
there's a bunch of skins where it's not immediately obvious who it is

like, who the gently caress is this? i think it's ahri. no idea

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
at first the skin had less armor and was more easily recognizable as Caitlyn but then everyone complained about that so..

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Minrad posted:

Do you have Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

my pog boyfriend posted:

League of Legends S4.5: Introducing Autism, the Asperger's Syndrome

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
man qtpie is slaying people on the zeke's herald rush Gnar adc right now

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

You can remove the Gnar points out of this post and it applies to pretty much any Nightblue game I've seen, I don't really get the thing of people watching him play. His original unranked->challenger stream was decent though when I saw the vids on youtube. Lot of good information in them.

that pretty much sums up NB

all he ever does now is whine passive-aggresively and blame everyone like some kind of unironic challenger version of Kaceytron

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
shyvana also doesn't randomly hulk out while killing small wraiths

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
kacey's stream last night was so good, she randomly broke character and busted up laughing like crazy during an inspirational speech talking about how she was more important than rosa parks or something

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Phuzzy posted:

Tell me there's a video of this, I need this in my life. :allears:

twitch's dumb new muting thing hosed the vod up so sadly not :(

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

psymonkey posted:

fkls;ahnlkuweuifkhnweraufikl hwefunweukweufknweaukhnwef uihgknwerguk lnfergmfdsl;ceasjdfrjpgnmhilvbndrfkgbvndfgujkhe4rftilghjoihklnwe3ofjkv mewi hgwoil ghbnerklhqw3oe;j rfnwoe4ia hgnwefqw3eoi hlfr woi;hjg gently caress this game man
say it loud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bvwFTLOAtc

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
swain top has been played a bit recently as a maokai counter and is okay

he also turns into a bird, and bird crew must be respected

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

fnox posted:

Why do people build Spellvamp on her

they don't

(unless they are using the recommended items which are obviously bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
on katarina builds, lol overpow owns: http://www.probuilds.net/guide/EUW/1532318127/19479122

I AM BRAWW posted:

Hello, I would like to start playing this game like a pro player, how and where do I start?

ask riot super nicely to flag you for wins

• Locked thread