Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

abagofcheetos posted:

So is the Microsoft conference over now?

Been over, unless you consider talking heads to be part of the conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
So about the most interesting game of that sad conference:
What are the chances ScreamRide will make it to PC?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
1 hour and half for the sony press conference

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

sauer kraut posted:

So about the most interesting game of that sad conference:
What are the chances ScreamRide will make it to PC?

Sorry, but ScreamRide is an Xbox One exclusive in 2015 on Consoles in Boxed Form with all full content while called ScreamRide: GreatRide Edition.

(I don't know)

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

ImpAtom posted:

The problem with this argument is that there are plenty of examples of more ambitious multiplatform titles that didn't need to subsidize their launches. It doesn't speak well of Square-Enix if they end up having to do that, much as Titanfall was not really an example of a well-managed game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRr8jVrMlJU There was even a PS4 trailer for it.

So this exclusivity happened in the past couple of months.

Hasn't that been the story of Square-Enix recently? They've typically had a very difficult time preparing for next-gen platforms and needed outside assistance. Even during the aftermath of The Spirits Within/Square Pictures's failure, the company required funding from Sony in the form of a non-voting stake for R&D since the company kept so little cash on hand.

During their transition into the PS3/360, the company's R&D and marketing costs skyrocketed. However, key titles were delayed or stuck in development hell, big budget titles swallowed up smaller teams, they failed to launch new IPs, and their in-house Japanese next-gen game engine was still a work in progress. So, they tried to combat their problems by licensing Unreal Engine 3 (in spite of having multiple in-house next-gen engines) and accepting Microsoft's exclusivity/co-marketing deals.

Now, we have seem to have a repeat of this difficult transition into next-gen. There have been games stuck in development hell on both sides of Pacific (Thief 2014/FFXV), their MMO reboot swallowed up the small teams, their NA/EU developed games have had mixed results, and their in-house Japanese next-gen engine is no where near completion. Even their response is eerily similar in that they became the very first publisher to publically license Unreal Engine 4 (in spite of having multiple in-house next-gen engines) and have now accepted a exclusivity/co-marketing deal from Microsoft.

It's like poetry. It rhymes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

idk about you guys but I'm desperately hoping the rumors about a Dishonored 2 preview at gamescom is true

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Rookersh posted:

I doubt it will be.

Internet gamers realize it's timed, and are willing to wait. We have access to threads that'll stay up, and word of mouth marketing to remind us it exists long after launch. For most of us, March/Junish 2016 isn't that bad of a wait to play TR2.

To bad we make up less then 10% of the total gaming population, and the other 90% is dumb as loving rocks. As soon as ads stop playing for TR2, they won't know it exists, and when it sneaks out a year later, none of them will want to buy it because of xyz other game they are playing. That's if Microsoft/SE are even willing to run another strip of ads for it's 2016 multiplatform launch ( haha no, it's just going to show up on shelves all of a sudden. ).

TR2 will sell worse then TR1, even when it goes multiplatform, and SE will use it as an excuse to kill Crystal/the reboots.

No I meant as a good business move for SE. Now they have a shared partner for making and advertising the game, so their risk is diminished. They'll have to pay for their own marketing when/if it becomes multiplatform.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So is Sony going to be showing any of the Atlus/Sega stuff?

Because all that Atlus showed at E3 was bare minimal and stuff we saw already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

So is Sony going to be showing any of the Atlus/Sega stuff?

Because all that Atlus showed at E3 was bare minimal and stuff we saw already.

It's remarkably unlikely we'll see Persona 5 before TGS.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

THIS IS FOR THE PLAYERS

#PlaystationGC

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ImpAtom posted:

It's remarkably unlikely we'll see Persona 5 before TGS.

I'm not talking about Persona. I wanna see what the results are of Atlus getting the keys to all of Sega's dead franchises.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kirios posted:

THIS IS FOR THE PLAYERS

#PlaystationGC
The WiiU and PS4 have been scrapped and once again Sony and Nintendo are working together. All hail the Playstation Gamecube!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Please have replay value of the greatest caliber, 1886.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Please have replay value of the greatest caliber, 1886.

Not a chance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this conference just trailers?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

1886 looks fantastic. I just hope the gameplay's solid to support the graphical prowess.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish the LBP games didn't have terrible floaty platforming because the level creation stuff actually seems pretty good

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I said come in! posted:

yes, they sat down a couple hundred journos just to watch trailers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No, this is just pre-conference startup. Microsoft did the same thing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
They know their European gamers, opening with Bloodborne.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
holy poo poo bloodborne looks insane

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress Bloodborne is going to be fantastic.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
GTA 5 looked amazing just now. I almost thought it was a real life video.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did I just see League of Legends in that trailer montage?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Did I just see League of Legends in that trailer montage?

Probably Smite, Microsoft had it too.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

these stock photo people holding controllers are the worst

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

hahaha scee ceo dude not looking into the lens

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
10 million PS4s sold to consumers

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

haha "proud to have launched the ps4 everywhere in europe" nice slam on microsoft

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

"And to be clear, that's sold through to consumers"

:iceburn:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Whats the last number MS gave on bones?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
sold through take that XBOX. Oh hey Andy House.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Don Lapre posted:

Whats the last number MS gave on bones?

at last report? 5 million

heh

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

none of these sony people have media training and I kinda love it

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is the most European game.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
1960's Soviet Minecraft?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Soviet Minecraft Pacific Rim?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
10 million PS4's sold before the system has any games. Can you imagine the numbers when they get real games on the system? :allears:

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Wheany posted:

Soviet Minecraft Pacific Rim?

Made me think more dungeon keeper, like a sim game of sorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, it's 60's eastern european cartoons: the game.

...I'm sold.

• Locked thread