Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kewpuh posted:

Okay sorry but I'm kind of tired of discussing this hypothetical situation that hasn't happened before. Like seriously I've put way more effort into this subject than there needs to be. If someone posts a thread and it gets relentlessly trolled for absolutely zero reason at all then it will be taken care of. I honestly have no idea what more you want me to say on this subject.

I remember several attempts in the past to make a "Women and Gaming" or "Gaming and Feminism" or some thread along those lines and watching it get relentlessly shitposted to oblivion before being mercifully gassed, so there's that as an example I guess? I dunno, if people knew for certain what sorts of topics were taboo to post about, they might have an easier time thinking of threads to post that won't get horribly mocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OG Necromancer posted:

I also like the chill atmosphere although i don't know why people seem to think it isn't chill enough. If posting expectations get too relaxed Games would just become a redundant Imp Zone.

Some folks won't be satisfied until the forums devolve into a complete clusterfuck, I guess.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Noted. Very interesting. I'll file that under "who gives a poo poo" along with every other piece of trivia about a Games poster.

Like you guys talking about how people posting in those social justice threads or w/e "don't have qualifications" and poo poo are loving crazy weirdos, how can you possibly have the time and the space in your brain to care about the personal identities and histories of individual posters? And those same social justice people keep trying to doxx the FYAD people and trolls in the Gamers.txt in weird and embarrassing ways and like. Gross.

Some people sperg about video games. Others sperg about early 20th century dishwashers. And some sperg about the SomethingAwful internet comedy forums, because sometimes you just don't get to pick the weird poo poo your brain thinks is cool and interesting. :spergin:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Well, at least kewpuh hasn't gone insane? That's good.

He's a mod, so there was never a question of sanity in the first place.

• Locked thread