Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
1. Miatas
2. Dead hooker smell.

--or--

1. Miatas are the best cars of all time.
2. Dead hooker smell is the hardest thing to clean out of your car.
You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, August 16th (0600 UTC on Sunday, August 17th) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be done question by question in this thread at 6pm Pacific Time on Sunday, August 17th (0100 UTC on Monday, August 18th), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day!

Without further ado, the questions:

1. There are lots of irritating or stupid things other drivers do, but _____________ makes me angriest of all.
2. When you consider how good the rest of <insert brand>'s cars are, the _____________ is the car they would most like you to forget about.
3. I would never admit it to my friends/family, but I have an irrational love of this car company.
4. I hate having to go to the auto parts store to buy _____________; it's seriously embarassing.
5. Sure, AI thinks this car or that car is the best, but that's just because they've never driven a/an _____________.
6. Every time I see a _____________ on the road, I wonder where their parents went wrong.
7. Everybody thinks that _____________ owners are terrible people, but they're actually cool as heck.
8. Conversely, everybody thinks that _____________ owners are awesome, but I wouldn't piss on one if they were on fire.
9. This is the figure from automotive history I would most like to have a beer with.
10. When gearheads argue about which car is the best, this statistic they quote makes me question their intelligence more than any other.
11. Look, I'm a pretty handy guy/gal/otherkin, but I will leave _____________ repairs to a mechanic, thank you very much.
12. This feature/option makes me fear for the very future of humanity.
13. Arguably, this is the second-best road car engine ever produced.
14. On the topic of engines, I just don't get why people like this engine at all.
15. I am really intrigued by this emerging automotive technology.
16. Sure, everyone's toolbox has wrenches, hammers and whatnot, but no self-respecting gearhead should be without _____________.

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, August 16th (0600 UTC on Sunday, August 17th). See you all for the reveal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Submitted. I think a few of those will be pretty damned tricky.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I wonder how much driving slow in the passing lane-er, subliminal messaging we can get away with in our Ferrari Mondials-sorry, replies-to influence the outcome.

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Mines in. This is going to be hilarious.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

Screw this, I provided the MOST CORRECT answers :colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Heh, I'll have to make a note to do this when my brain isnt full of MTB racing

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I just checked the email, and there's way more answers than I expected. Keep 'em coming guys! Also I should mention that the game is absolutely open to lurkers too...the more the merrier!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This looks like fun, I'll fill out my answers tomorrow night when I've got time.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Gave a good mix of opinion and what I think will be popular. Curious to see the results.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What prevents people from giving relatively the same answers (with some random ones in there to throw it off) from different emails claiming different SA user names? If the user doesn't have PMs how will you verify the claimed user is the one who actually submitted the answers? It seems posting in this thread to verify you are a "submitting user" would make sense.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Extra posted:

What prevents people from giving relatively the same answers (with some random ones in there to throw it off) from different emails claiming different SA user names?
I sincerely hope no one here is that sad of an rear end in a top hat who would try and cheat to win at a game for non-existant internet points.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Extra posted:

What prevents people from giving relatively the same answers (with some random ones in there to throw it off) from different emails claiming different SA user names? If the user doesn't have PMs how will you verify the claimed user is the one who actually submitted the answers? It seems posting in this thread to verify you are a "submitting user" would make sense.

Well, I will post a list of usernames as the day approaches, mostly as a double-check to make sure I've got everyone's submissions entered properly. But yeah, that seems like an awful lot of effort to spoil a bit of harmless fun.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
The winner of "irrational car company love" has to start a thread on said car company so that we can discuss it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Answers in, although question #4 is kind of odd because I couldn't really think of anything embarrassing in an auto parts store.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

leica posted:

Answers in, although question #4 is kind of odd because I couldn't really think of anything embarrassing in an auto parts store.

I think it means in like a "I dont know whatnim talking about way" not sure though.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

AcidRonin posted:

I think it means in like a "I dont know whatnim talking about way" not sure though.

Like I said in the OP; some questions are deliberately vague, it's up to you how best to answer it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

AcidRonin posted:

The winner of "irrational car company love" has to start a thread on said car company so that we can discuss it.

..but its one you don't share with friends and relatives? Other than Morgan, welp.. what is there? :confused:

Tommychu posted:

There are lots of things you can buy at a parts store that exist solely for the purpose of fixing embarrassing fuckups.

From personal experience 20-some-years-ago, oh.. OIL DRAIN PLUG comes to mind. Those fuckers like to round. Easily.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 10, 2014

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

leica posted:

There are lots of things you can buy at a parts store that exist solely for the purpose of fixing embarrassing fuckups.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK, so after the first couple of days, I have 12 entries. Not too bad, actually - more than I was expecting considering this was over the weekend. So far, I've heard from:

AcidRonin
Bajaha
Freelop
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
JDAMS CURE PASHTUN
KozmoNaut
leica
MonkeyNutZ
Seat Safety Switch
SlimManFat
Tommychu

If you've sent an entry and don't see your name, please try again. Otherwise, keep those entries coming, guys!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
Very cool idea. I'm curious what you guys are buying at the auto parts store too!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Twerk from Home posted:

Very cool idea. I'm curious what you guys are buying at the auto parts store too!

Heavy duty lube :heysexy:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Sounds fun. Answers submitted!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

I started answering like a standard GM owner, and ended up with truthful answers. Guess I win for losing.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Submitted the correct answers. You may now grade the rest.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

This should be entertaining, horrible answers on the way.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

^^^Sometimes the one-pointers are the most hilarious.

Phone posting right now, but we've doubled the number of responses since Sunday night. Just a reminder, you have until Saturday at 11pm Pacific Time (Sunday, 0600 UTC) to submit your answers. Keep it up guys and gals!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Okay, I gave you guys a couple days to throw darts at it, but game playing is over. I just submitted the correct answer list.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

AcidRonin posted:

You can't win a specific question in this type of game though, you can only get the most points by having the same answer as everyone else. The winning only happens at the end when the points are added up.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

A quick observation - make sure you answer all the questions! As I said in my last post, sometimes the "black sheep" answers - those scoring only one point - take the game from being merely fun to gut-splittingly hilarious. In fact, I already have some answers that are pretty much guaranteed to get a laugh!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
My answers are waaaaaay too serious and a lot different from others I bet

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
I tried my best to balance FUNY JOEKS and what I thought would actually help me win. I don't think that I succeeded, but still.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I answered honestly, but I did have to think on a few.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Same here. Also sent two emails because I forgot my username the first time. :downs:

This is a cool game idea.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
All right, my answers are in. I went for a mix of serious and funny, some of the questions were real stumpers.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I put my username in the subject, leaving the body for my gimmick that includes a lame inside joke for SAS sheep games. I REGRET NOTHING

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Got mine in just under the deadline. :)

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Just submitted my answers. Answered them honestly, couldn't think of many witty responses.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Mine are in as well.. I couldn't think of anything better. :sigh:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

OK, sorry for the delay; all the entries are tabulated, and I got a total of 42 players:

AcidRonin
angryhampster
Bajaha
Boaz MacPhereson
BrokenKnucklez
CannonFodder
Cat Terrist
Devyl
DrPain
Eaterofpoptarts
Elephanthead
Freelop
Fucknag
Geirskogul
Godholio
HotCanadianChick
iForge
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
jamal
JDAMS CURE PASHTUN
Knobjockey
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
leica
Measly Twerp
meatpimp
MonkeyNutZ
NitroSpazz
piss boner
Previa_fun
sadnessboner
Seat Safety Switch
SFH1989
Sinestro
SlimManFat
Somewhat Heroic
Terrible Robot
Tommychu
Twerk From Home
Two Finger
Viggen

If you don't see yourself on this list and should otherwise, let me know ASAP. If you haven't sent in an entry and you still want to, do it quick! Otherwise, see you all at the reveal tonight at 6pm Pacific Time (0100 GMT)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

• Locked thread