Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Disclaimer: I am prone to wild swings when it comes to the creative process and following through. This game has a non-zero chance of not even making into actual play, although I will do my utmost because I like this idea. Please keep this in mind.

This Godgame will be using Iamcommunist's Godgame PRIME rules. However, we are not quite to the point where you will need them. For the sake of curiosity, here's a link to the rules as posted in his prototype thread.

If you have any questions, you can reach me via PM, my username at gmail dot com, or in #OhGod on SynIRC.

There is only one thing: Creation. We are the Wills. We are Creation. Let us Create.

Phase One:

There is a city. This city has many customs, people, organizations, ideas. You are a Will. Post something about this city; it will Be. You are A Will, but what Will are you? Post a (single) Domain.

We are the Wills. We know there is something wrong.

Phase One Example:
"I am the Will of War. In the city, there is a holiday every year in which all doors, gates, etc. are left open for a whole day."

Be as broad or narrow as you would like for your one contribution to the city. Choose a single domain. :siren:THIS WILL NOT BE THE DOMAIN OF YOUR CHARACTER.:siren:

Deadline is the end of Phase Two. ALL SUBMISSIONS TO PHASE ONE WILL BE USED.

There is less now. The universe resonates with a chilling dirge. We are called to service.

Phase Two:
a) What is the city's name? One will be chosen.

b) Identify a key landmark of the city. All will be included.

c) Long ago, the world was besieged by a vast army outside of known time and space. Was the city affected by this siege? Did they win a fight, or did they succumb and were later recaptured when the outsiders were eventually purged? History will be the best-fit average of your answers.

d) There are legends of demi-human races in the lands far beyond the city, although none have been seen for ages. Tell a legend of one such race. All will be included.

Nothing is wrong.

Phase Two Examples:
a) The name of the city is Gruntyton

b) There is a great crater in the city, left by a magical assault. No construction lasts long there, and no plants will grow. There are whispers that it is the resting place of long forgotten Wills.

c) The city, being of no special value, was mostly underlooked. It changed hands without a fight and life went on mostly as usual. It was among the first lands reclaimed by the native resistance.

d) The Kalak-Tobr were a race of demi-humans that might be described as lizardmen. Like reptiles, they enjoyed basking in the warm sun and were cold blooded. Their penchant for basking meant they were often considered lazy and unreliable, but their slow metabolisms meant that they could spend less of their manpower in the raising of crops and livestock; that time and manpower was investing in various crafts and they became the most renowned craftsmen in the world.

Deadline is: Wednesday August 13th at 8 PM EDT. This is also the deadline for new Phase 1 submissions.

I am expecting there to be roughly Five Phases, with Phase Five being the standard character application process.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Each new phase will be listed in this post during the duration of that Phase, to prevent confusion. At the start of the next Phase they will be archived in the OP.

Phase Three: Under Construction

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 14, 2014

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Reserved.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'm the Will of Darkness. In the city, light is ubiquitous and darkness is a precious, tangible resource.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I am the Will of Spiders. In the city, spiders can fly and are also the size of cats.

You asked for it.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 9, 2014

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

I'm out of the house today so I'm extending the deadline by 24 hours to Monday, 12 PM EDT

Edit: A few words about that I'm doing with the Phases.

Applying for a game and not getting chosen kinda sucks. I've been there, done that. The Phases are a way for everybody to have an impact on the game world, even if ultimately they are not accepted. They also give me interesting ideas to build the world around, (hopefully) often ideas I wouldn't have come up with myself; this allows a more dynamic and exciting setting. Finally, while there is no hard and fast "point system" persay, when it comes to picking players (I am expecting to start with 5, maybe 6) it can only help your chance to have already contributed to the world.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Aug 11, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Snakes, Spiders, and Darkness! The city would also be a den of thieves for the Will of Grift would be alive in this place. A place where one could procure anything they wished for the right amount of 'dark'...

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 11, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
SNAKE CHURCH WILL RETURN IN PHASE 2!

I am the Will to Change. I am Fire. I am Creation and Destruction. Stagnancy is my foe; my ally is Innovation. For good or for ill, this city shall be ever-changing, forever destroying and remaking itself. My domain is Fire.

Two fire festival are held each year, one with the coming of spring, the other with the harvest. It is a ceremony in two parts. In the fall, they burn offerings. In the spring, the offerings are "returned" to the soil, ensuring a good harvest.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 12, 2014

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
There is a city.

It is a great city, a wealthy city, a powerful city.

Many people come to this city, and many leave.

But people remain.

In this city there is a Will to Work, to Labour. For the hope of a better tomorrow they work hard today.

However where there are people who will work, or can be made to work, there will inevitably be those who do not want to work.

Those who wish to benefit from the fruits of others labour.

That is the Domain of Greed

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Edited my post up there

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Final Phase One update!

Because I forgot to post in the recruitment megathread, Phase One applications will be accepted until the end of Phase Two. Phase Two will start later tonight.

I have this in the OP, but I want to be absolutely, positively crystal clear: The Phase One Wills (IE the holder of your posted domain) will be important to the world but :siren:they will not be your character. You will not control the Phase 1 Will or its domain.:siren:

Edit: Also, your city-fact and Domain do not have to be related.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 12, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I am the Will of Time. In the city, I flow in whatever speed or direction I desire.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

GruntyThrst posted:

This Godgame will be using Iamcommunist's Godgame PRIME rules. However, we are not quite to the point where you will need them. For the sake of curiosity, here's a link to the rules as posted in his prototype thread.

If you have any questions, you can reach me via PM, my username at gmail dot com, or in #OhGod on SynIRC.

It should be noted the attack stat is worked slightly differently in an updated ruleset. It allows it to be more flexible. It should be on the second to last page of the linked thread if anyone is curious.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Under the surface a primal urge infects those who would descend beyond view of the sky, it is the Will to Dig, an intense desire to excavate, to send tunnels slithering through the foundations of the metropolis. Ever downward, ever deeper.

Hermsgervørden fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 12, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hermsgervørden posted:

Under the surface a primal urge infects those who would descend beyond view of the sky, it is the Will to Dig, an infectious desire to excavate, to send tunnels slithering through the foundations of the metropolis. Ever downward, ever deeper.
If I lived in a city filled with cat-sized flying spiders, I'd want to hide, too.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Poison Mushroom posted:

If I lived in a city filled with cat-sized flying spiders, I'd want to hide, too.

Additionally, snakes have been known to frequent holes in the ground!

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Oh go on then. I've got a bit more free time recently.

Thousands from all over the world flock to the city; an endless horde of pilgrims who never leave the temple of cobblestone. I am the Will of Freedom. It is I who inspires those pilgrims to flee their old lives and to take up residence in these great walls. It is I who inspires revolutionaries and mavericks to abandon the degradations of the old and corrupt. It is I who inspires philosophers and artists to push the boundaries, dragging a stagnant society behind them. I am the Will of Freedom and my Domain is Freedom.

The Moonlit Meadow has been a staple of the nightly pub-crawl for 5 generations of Citymen. It's location appears to change with every passing night and not a trace can be found by morning, but anythat any who lay down for a night in the sweet smelling grass are visited by peaceful dreams and in the morning are completely refreshed, even though they awaken on hard cobbles. During sieges the Meadow was an important part of city defence, giving the militia's a quick of resting the hard-pressed soldiers. Nowadays, young children are often employed to scout around the city for when the Meadow resurfaces, so that the early risers and late drinkers are rested come the morning.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

There is less now. The universe resonates with a chilling dirge. We are called to service.

Phase Two:
a) What is the city's name? One will be chosen.

b) Identify a key landmark of the city. All will be included.

c) Long ago, the world was besieged by a vast army outside of known time and space. Was the city affected by this siege? Did they win a fight, or did they succumb and were later recaptured when the outsiders were eventually purged? History will be the best-fit average of your answers.

d) There are legends of demi-human races in the lands far beyond the city, although none have been seen for ages. Tell a legend of one such race. All will be included.

Nothing is wrong.

Phase Two Examples:
a) The name of the city is Gruntyton

b) There is a great crater in the city, left by a magical assault. No construction lasts long there, and no plants will grow. There are whispers that it is the resting place of long forgotten Wills.

c) The city, being of no special value, was mostly underlooked. It changed hands without a fight and life went on mostly as usual. It was among the first lands reclaimed by the native resistance.

d) The Kalak-Tobr were a race of demi-humans that might be described as lizardmen. Like reptiles, they enjoyed basking in the warm sun and were cold blooded. Their penchant for basking meant they were often considered lazy and unreliable, but their slow metabolisms meant that they could spend less of their manpower in the raising of crops and livestock; that time and manpower was investing in various crafts and they became the most renowned craftsmen in the world.

Deadline is roughly 48 hours from now: Wednesday August 13th at 8 PM EDT. This is also the deadline for new Phase 1 submissions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A) The city is old. So old that even the Will of Words has forgotten its name. The name of the city because the only thing anyone could ever remember calling it. The city.

B) There is a section of the city where back-alleys meet and cross, twist and bend and seem to have a life and will of their own. Those who wish to go unnoticed have learned the rhythm of this place. They call it The Snare.

C) Those who were outside of time did not siege the city for its value, but for its relationship with The Will of Time. With technologies and magics that are still beyond comprehension to this day, they built bridges across the twisting rivers of time, places where, if you knew how, you could step back and forward through the years as easily as through a doorway.

D) The Grimm were said to have been a race of short, stocky people with skin like stone. Due to their simple nature and physical strength, they were imported in droves, and used as slaves for many years. Scattered and rare documents make brief mentions of them throughout the past of the city. There exists no record of where they went, nor the reason for or nature of their disappearance.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
/ \/ \/\ /\
Edit: fancy that. Some our stuff meshes!

a) The name of the city is: Dystopia

b) There is a barren lot within the city. Known as The Truce. It is said no one may raise a hand at another nor do one harm while standing there in the open space. Bargains and pacts are made here, while grievances and grudges laid to rest. Just outside of it are red stains of terrible violence and aggression.

c) The city, while broken is filled with artifacts of a forgotten people.
Advanced forerunners now extinct, only their tools and marvels remain. Buildings and monuments to forgotten gods and magics and technologies from another time remain to be unearthed.

d) The Nast are a happy people. Leathery skin from a merciless sun and tough dispositions to boot. They often find work as guides and merchants. They are human in every respect but exceptional in that they practice a rare form of magic which can divine the location of what another truly desires. The product of a curse upon their people they can only find these things for others and not another Nast. Sometimes jealousy will see them lead a client to their hearts desire or sell them just such a thing only to rip it away or trick them out of it.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 12, 2014

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

a) The city is called The City

b) The best coffee and pastries in the city can be bought at Donut Joe's Donuts & Joe. No one knows how he makes them so good.

c) The city was captured and occupied during The War, and was only liberated after The Resistance cut the head off the Enemy's entire command structure by detonating an immensely powerful explosive device within the city walls. Half the city was leveled, and the rest caught fire.

d) There was a race of shark people who lived beneath the waves, known as Ravagers. They were most often encountered when they boarded sea-going vessels, eating the crew and looting the holds.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 12, 2014

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
A. The city is called Solverstend, a corruption of the older name Savior's Stand. Few remember what it was called before it was renamed to commemorate the eponymous Savior, and no one before that.

B. The Red Pillar looms over the city, ornately carved with an ancient-looking architecture that combines statuary and battlements. Inside the Pillar is an anchored refuge from the shifting of time in the city at large where time passes at a predictable rate. Several organizations make their home in the lower levels of the Pillar, from a monastic order to a safe place for foreign trade, but the general public cannot freely enter the refuge. Many claim to have seen the secrets of the top level of the tower, few of them credibly.

C. The outsiders conquered everything they saw within a generation, as we perceived it. The people of the city discovered the secret to driving them back, and they were the first to rise up and liberate themselves. The outsiders retaliated in fear with a weapon we didn't understand, leaving a kind of fallout that knocked the city off-kilter from time. The rest of the world received the secret nonetheless and carried on the fight, respecting their great sacrifice but tending to be wary of entering the unmoored city themselves.

D. The Corax are birdlike nomads who travel on the winds, trading news and goods but never stopping in one place for long. According to their storytellers, they are the descendants of the first people in the world, who arose independently of the gods. Feeling no loyalty to the divine powers, they committed some truly depraved sin (in the gods' eyes at the very least) and were cast into ruin. To hear the Corax tell it, their ancestors told the gods what had been done, and so were only punished with a curse to never touch the ground and never stay in one place more than two sundowns. Why the pack of thieving, rootless birds would tell such an unflattering story is beyond most scholars, except perhaps to distract you while they steal your wallet.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
A) The City has gone through many names during it's long existence. No one name has any real legitimacy over the other and outsiders refer to it as The City, to avoid confusion.

B) The Moonlit Meadow is pretty landmark like, so I'll add a fact about the city instead. All the water in The City is pure blue. No matter how much rubbish or sludge is thrown in, within 5 minutes it is perfectly safe to drink from, swim in or fish from, although all that can be caught are fish from the sea and the water has a slightly salty taste. On occasion, Dolphins are seen in the larger lakes and canals and a great Whale makes a regular appearance every year at the largest of the inner lakes; It's appearance marks 3 days of celebration. This is all in spite of the fact that the city is completely landlocked. It should be noted, that anyone who swims too deep in the water, is never seen again.

C) During the first years of the siege, day-to-day life was not too badly affected. With the ability to support itself with food and being large enough to have it's economy unaffected, the common folk were only peripherally aware that a siege existed. Suddenly, with no warning from the walls, the outsiders were in the city. When the soldiers flocked from the walls and sally-ports to protect the citizens, the outsiders launched a final attack on the outer walls and took The City for themselves. No one knows by what magic they first entered the city, or if they could do so again.

D) The Genma are supposedly a race of tall, thin and pale humanoids. Short lived at around 30 years, they are said to spend their entire lives underground in magnificent vaults to best ensure their short lives are lived to the fullest, away from the dangers of the world. As they spend most of their time underground, they are said to be wondrous architects and craftsman, to ensure their homes are beautiful enough that none regret forsaking the light of the sun. One of the legends surrounding them is that they crafted the grandest sword in history. So finely crafted, the enemy beyond time and space could not hope but stand paralysed in awe. The sword would be moved around the City walls by blind soldiers, causing entire enemy regiments to become easy pray as soldiers cut them down.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Oh I love co-operative God/City building exercises! And I am looking for an excuse to put off doing paper work for just a bit longer. Good thing I found it before the deadline

Phase one

I am the Will of Ambition.

Our city is at the turning point, of a new dawn, a new century, it stands at the doors of many great civilizations, a center of trade, culture, and science. The capitol of the world.

I am the Trader, the Philosopher, the Architect, the Alchemist, the Warrior, the Thief, the Man. I am the will to better ones self, and ones standing, I am the will to take charge, to build, to innovate. For prosperity cares not for character of the man who seeks to grasp it, only that they grasp it. Yesterday is for Mice and Gods, now is the time for greater men with greater ambitions.

Phase 2

a) The City, is it's more, common name. It is known for those in the echelons of power, as The Most Serene City

b) The Grand Wake is one of the largest ports in the known world, due to the Cities' place at the mid point between many trade routes. It is active with the voices of many people, and the thrumming hive of the trade business is alive and well in it's midst. If there is something that exists in this world, and it can be paid for with coin, a savvy man can find it here.

c) The City was taken, and retaken, and retaken again. It was one of the areas where the fighting was concentrated the most, neither side ever being able to establish a permanent foothold on the city, until the very end of the war.

d) Their have been rumours of vast ruins, belonging to a long dead civilization in the far north, seemingly uninhabited, and untouched by the world. It is untouched for the presence of the Geists that linger there, bitter, ethereal creatures, clinging to the remnants of their lands, viciously lashing out at any who get too close to what they perceive is theirs. No one particularly knows, who these creatures were originally, or what they may be holding in their vast, crumbling citadel, but most attempts to breech those cold northern lands, have ended in disaster, to the point that nearby nations have walled off the forgotten kingdom from their lands, and left those wraiths to their solemn silence a midst their broken, decrepit ruins.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 14, 2014

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Phase One

I am the Will to Laugh. Within the City a Guild of minstrels cavorts about, for hire or freelance to bring laughter to any and all.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
a) Avalon is what the city is called. It had an older name in the savage tongue, but that has not been used for over three millenia.

b) One of the most important parts of the city is the Van'ei Dock, with facilities for vessels both sea and airborne.

It was refurbised seventy years ago when the old one was no longer sufficient for the city's needs.

c) Long ago now, beyond the reckoning of any creature alive save for the few rare titans of the world the city was sieged. It did not last long and it was brutal, the invaders had weapons of light and armour that deflected the bows and spears of our ancestors. It was barely a city back then, being more of a village and a collection of huts with a meagre stone wall to keep out the beasts and beast tribes. Our primitive ancestors did not know the important of the site they had settled only, only that it was chosen by their gods. Our less primitive ancestors took upon the burden of uplifting the savage people who lived in that place and so the city was truly born.

d) The Oni were a race that terrified many. They were strong, they had a monstrous appearance and they ate the flesh of beasts. But they were also incredibly kind, clever and compassionate. The Oni had a culture of thought and reflection, favouring puzzles, riddles and song. Among the races of the world they alone were closest to perfection of the Word and mastering its myriad power. No one truly knows what happened to them, but people often blamed them for the predations of other races or beasts. Although they tried to defend their homes, and they were strong, most did not have hearts that were hardened to battle and to murder. The last Oni was seen over a hundred years ago, helping rescue a small child and her mother from their boat that had sunk in a river.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
The city is vast. It contains multitudes. From all over the world, people flock to it. If you walk down the street, you hear a babble of endless tongues, see men and women in all sorts of dress, smell the odors of numerous lands, masses of cultures, living together, not always in harmony, but not at war either. People who in their homelands would be at each other's throat tolerate each other. I am the Will to Accept

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is an insatiable longing one feels while alive. A craving to find oneself in possession of their most worldly desires no matter the result or affects it may have on their surroundings. I am the Will of Hunger.

a) The city is known as Iron Keep.

b) A notable landmark is the sewer system that the city rests upon. A vast and intertwined network of tunnels that few know where they all lead to.

c) During the age of war the Iron Keep was attacked by ravenous creatures. The people were unaffected so long as they did not venture beyond the walls which protected them. Warriors of the city. Over time the attacking force were able to sneak their way in and take the city, only to lose it after they controlled it for centuries. The only constant within the city is the city itself, as the inhabitants have been forced to leave time and time again.

d) Legend tells of a race known as the Arachna who live beneath the city. These demi humans supposedly maintain the city's sewer system while living off the scraps of meat, and occasional wanderer who enters their domain without protection. No one has ever seen them in the sewers, but there are always some who claim they have evidence of their existence yet fail to provide it.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 13, 2014

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Phase one

I am the Will of Harmony.

If someone speaks the right phrase to a family in the city then they must be adopted into the household for the next year and a day. If they attempt to damage the family during that time then the city itself rejects the offender completely. The same is true for any family who rejects someone attempting to speak the true phrase to them.

Phase 2

a) The City is known as many things, the fortress on the hill, Ironwall and The Grave for some. But it is known on maps as "The Eternal City"

b) The most imposing thing of the city is its walls. Each area of the city is divided between walled precincts, each with their own colours, banners, markets, traders, taboos and gods. All pay homage to the city and good natured competition is rife between most. The walls are of iron and stone, merging into one another and cut with friezes showing battles, conquests, feasts, processions and the Gods themselves.

c) The city broke the back of the invasion. Time and again the defenders sallied out, bleeding themselves and their foes dry on the hard baked earth, ruining siege engines, shattering towers and locking up sections that fell to the enemy and burning them out with cleansing fire. In the end the enemy left, its forces spent on trying to crack the cities ruthless and irrepressible spirit.

d) The current rumour holds that far to the north there exists a tribe of squat blue people, who have recently learned how to fashion the ice of their homeland into weaponry as sharp as bronze and iron. They ride and tend to the mammoths of their planes and speak longingly to their gods and ancestors in sacred pools. The are mainly known as the Druzul and they are renowned for their hospitality, their forgiveness and their grinding implacability in war.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 13, 2014

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!
I am the will to Survive. The city is surrounded by ice and cold, but the bay brings riches from furs and fish and blubber.

a) The city shares a name and a purpose, it is known to those who inhabit it as Shelter.

b) The Watch Fire, a giant flame on an artificial mound near the bay, guides ships and caravans alike by both day and night. In a land where landmarks are shifting and unreliable, the smoke and the light are a vital signal, and a heartening sight for the cold and weary.

c) Long ago, the world was besieged by a vast army outside of known time and space. Was the city affected by this siege? Did they win a fight, or did they succumb and were later recaptured when the outsiders were eventually purged? History will be the best-fit average of your answers. The city survived, though it suffered terribly. Whilst its isolation, and lack of importance, spared it the attentions of the others, the rest of the world was savagely assaulted. Refugees crossed the wastes in their hundreds, bringing nothing but hunger and tales of pain and misery. Bereft of trading partners, the city starved.

Eventually it had to close its gates, condemning those outside to starvation and death, though this was a fate that many inside the walls shared too. By the end of the war, the city had come as close to death as it was possible to be, and the populace had seen sights that hardened them to stone. Whilst the city recovered, the attitude remained, leaving the city with a reputation for being dour, pessimistic and holding on to a vein of fatalism (that they see as realism) known to all the lands of the world.

d) Legend speaks of a demi-human race known as the Ursii. They roam the wastes seemingly without purpose, travelling from place to place, never stopping for long. Their routes are unerring, and history speaks of human settlements wiped out by the migrating packs, for they also have a reputation as flesh-eaters. Though they are ursine in appearance, they walk on two legs, and carry crude tools of bone and flint. They shelter in tents made of the hides of mighty beasts not gazed upon by man, and their language is said to consist of nothing but grunts and howls. The Ursii have not been seen since the great war, some say they left due to the lack of human flesh to consume, others that even they recognised the great thread and headed south to fight (where they were wiped out by the terrible power of the invaders). Recently however, farriers and fishers have been going missing, and some old wives preach of a return of the ursii, though this is of course dismissed as mere fantasy...

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Phase One and Two end in roughly 6 hours and 45 minutes at 8 PM EDT. Make sure you apply or make any changes you want to your app by then.

Edit: Phases One and Two complete.

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 14, 2014

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
a) The City is has had many names. There has always been a City. There shall always been a City. However, it may not be this City. This incarnation of the City is known by the multitudes as Bon Tal. It is not the first of its name, nor will it be the last.

b) The Catacombs extend further below the city than even the highest parapets on the grandest temples above reach into the sky. They are not lightly called catacombs, for they are the grave of the ages, where the history of the City lies buried. Nothing is every destroyed here, simply forgotten, buried. Everything that was, lies below what is. Everything that is, shall lie below, when the time for the next City comes.

c) It is said that the first City, its name long lost to time, was built from the bones of a terrible giant, slain by its first king. He ruled the people with justice and wisdom from its skull for a hundred years.

d) Far beyond the pines, beyond the mountains, beyond the bleached white hills of Par Dell, they say the scions of the great wyrms live on, the Serpents of Ouroboros. Immense, intelligent, yet elusive, they have little interest in the affairs of men, preferring to explore philosophy.

I Am Fowl fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Aug 14, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mr. Fowl posted:

a) The City is has had many names. There has always been a City. There shall always been a City. However, it may not be this City. This incarnation of the city is known by the multitudes as Bon Tal. It is not the first of its name, nor will it be the last.

b) The Catacombs extend further below the city that even the highest parapets on the grandest temples above reach into the sky. They are not lightly called catacombs, for they are the grave of the ages, where the history of the City lies buried. Nothing is every destroyed here, simply forgotten, buried. Everything that was, lies below what is. Everything that is, shall lie below, when the time for the next City comes.

c) It is said that the first City, its name long lost to time, was built from the bones of a terrible giant, slain by its first king. He ruled the people with justice and wisdom

from its skull for a hundred years.

d) Far beyond the pines, beyond the mountains, beyond the bleached white hills of Par Dell, they say the scions of the great wyrms live on, the Serpents of Ouroboros. Immense, intelligent, yet elusive, they have little interest in the affairs of men, preferring to explore philosophy.

I really really like this. Ties many things together honestly.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Phase One Complete!

Phase Two Complete!

Phase Three commences sometime in the near future when I'm done collating all this data.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

GruntyThrst posted:

Phase One Complete!

Phase Two Complete!

Phase Three commences sometime in the near future when I'm done collating all this data.

Magical chainsaw hands?

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Why use magic when you can use science?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
How did he put those pants on?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wentley posted:

How did he put those pants on?

Skill.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Who ordered a handy man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Am I late to the weirdhands party? please come back gruntythirst

Youth Pastorconda Mike always said that it was alright to handle snakes once in a while, but if you handled them all the time your arm would turn into a deadly viper! I never thought it could actually happen. Also, I thought he was talking about masturbation, not snakehandling. Not that I can do much of either now. You know, because my arm is a deadly, hateful serpent.

• Locked thread