Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Welcome to Murder Aboard Spaceship Nu, a murder-mystery type game for 13 players invented by my good friend Jon Joe. Below you will see an image of Spaceship Nu, on which will take place a murder. In this game, twelve players will be innocent and one will be a murderer. The murderer could be anyone besides the cyborg and will have a list of 3 non-cyborg targets. The murderer wins when all three targets are eliminated, and then gets to the Cargo Hull or Navigation section of the ship for an Escape Pod without dying (additional kills don't matter). All other players win if they are alive when then murderer dies. Play is simple:

Each turn you have a single action which is submitted privately to me:
*Move, wherein you move from one section of the ship to another. As part of this action you will be told all players you pass by (exit from the section you're entering to, to the section you're exiting from) and all players in the section you entered (either people who are still in there, or just moved there). Attempting to move through a door that you can't move through will cause you to stay in your current room.
*Kill, by which you select a player currently in the room with you and they die, regardless of what they used their action for.

You will also be told all players who enter or exit a room (or who stay in that room with you) if you stay in a room. That's the very basis. There are things to spice things up:

First, player type. Along with either being the murderer or not, you will be one of four possible types:
*Basic Crew, who can only go through black doors. (6 players will be basic)
*Maintenance Crew, who can go through black and green doors. (3 players will be Maintenance)
*Security Crew, who can go through black and red doors. (2 players will be Security)
*Cyborg, who cannot be the murderer, has no Kill action, but can be killed and can go through black, green, and red doors. (1 player will be Cyborg)
*Captain, who can go through all doors, including the blue captain door and the secret tunnel between Captain's Quarters and Security. (1 player will be Captain)

You can move through a door you don't have access to if, on the same turn, a player who does have access moves through it.

If you kill a player you automatically steal their access card, meaning you can access all places they can access. The exception is the Cyborg, whose access card is built in.
Furthermore, a few locations have special actions:
*Navigation and Cargo Hull have the Escape Pod action, which can only be used by the Murderer after killing the three targets, causing the Murderer to win.
*Control and Security have the (Un)Lock Door action, which lets you set a door's status to 0, 1, or 2. 0 means anyone can use that door. 1 means only those with proper access can use it, which is the default setting for all doors. 2 means nobody can use it. The secret tunnel is not considered a door.
*Security has the Remote Camera action, which lets you view all activity in target room.
*Storage, Supply, and Cargo Hull have the Hide action. Nobody can see you in the same turn you do this, although they can still target you with a generic action (Kill Hiders) if they think you are in the room.

Finally, the Murderer has access to various tools to accomplish the mission. Note that using these do not look suspicious, only causing you to stay in the same room. The murderer may pick 2 of any of the following tools at the start of the game:
*Remote Control: Use the (Un)Lock Door action from anywhere, infinite uses.
*Poison: 1 time use that's like the Kill action, except it takes 3 turns (including the turn you used it) to kill the target and you don't get their access card.
*Camera Jammer: When used, nobody can use the Remote Camera action for the rest of the game.
*Cyborg Hacker: Can only be used in the same room with the Cyborg. The Cyborg now wins when you win, instead of with the crew.
*Teleporter: 2 time use, teleport to any section of the ship. (Note: This is the only object that doesn't cause you to stay in the room you're currently in.)
*Grenade: 1 time use to kill everyone else in the same room as you. Does not include people who enter into the room.

You can communicate in this thread at any time unless you are dead. You can also privately message any player in the same room as you, but you are expected to no longer talk to this person if you're not in the same room. To submit you action for a turn, PM me it. Actions are resolved at the same time after all actions are received.

Oh, and a quick anti-abuse rule: Intentionally locking yourself in a room for a long period of time can lead to negative health consequences, such as death.

Who wants to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Players

code:
Opopanax		CAPTAIN			Captain's Quarters	
tearshed		SECURITY		Security
kaschei			SECURITY		Main Hall
winvirus		RED SHIRT		Secondary Hall
CapnAndy		RED SHIRT		Showers
uranus			RED SHIRT		Navigation
GulagDolls		RED SHIRT		Kitchen
Hal Incandenza		RED SHIRT		Crew Quarters
knaelidos		RED SHIRT		Medical	
JakeP			MAINTENANCE		Secondary Hall
mr.capps		MAINTENANCE		Engine
CapitalistPig		MAINTENANCE		Maintenance		
yuming			CYBORG			Cargo Hull

Mills fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 9, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

kaschei
What is a spaceship

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This isn't even a new spaceship

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mr.capps posted:

This isn't even a new spaceship

did you fix the problem with this game being broken

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'll try a thing again.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

did you fix the problem with this game being broken

i had nothing to do with this one and it looks like mills changed nothing

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The problems with the existing setup are some of the funniest things about this game. :shrug:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

nice choice

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Party in the showers, boys

edit: what is quarn

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello. im here to fart up the game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mr.capps posted:

i had nothing to do with this one and it looks like mills changed nothing

well, i meant old spaceship was broken.

ill play and break it again, i guess

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Confirming presign

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
hello

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's me, the opopanax in the OP

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am a stowaway

knaelidos
Dec 29, 2012
Sounds fun, let's get our 7 days a skeptic completely unrelated idea on.
Count me in.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Waiting for wins and Andy to confirm and then we have 13. If I don't hear from them by the time I wake up (10 hours from now), I will take anyone else who has signed up! Game starts then.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

knaelidos posted:

Sounds fun, let's get our 7 days a skeptic completely unrelated idea on.
Count me in.

I will need some way to contact you if you don't have PMs.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

hello i am here.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Make sure you at least start everyone in different places.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I wanted to play :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Oh good I have a reserved spot, I want it :)

So if we're in a room with somebody and they kill someone else, do we see them do it? It feels like that's something we ought to be able to notice.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aw man I never see these in time to sign up.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

CapnAndy posted:

Oh good I have a reserved spot, I want it :)

So if we're in a room with somebody and they kill someone else, do we see them do it? It feels like that's something we ought to be able to notice.
Yeah you do.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

yuming posted:

I wanted to play :(

You can play for me :sun:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Tremendous Taste posted:

You can play for me :sun:
Yaaay thank you you're sweet :sun:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

yuming posted:

Yaaay thank you you're sweet :sun:

yuming lets promise not to kill each other

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i will kill any players with such a deal

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Hal Incandenza posted:

yuming lets promise not to kill each other
Deal!!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

JakeP posted:

I meant to make my post like hour ago, but rude!!!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

Let's make a deal to kill any players that make a deal not to kill each other, then after we've killed all of them, we can kill each other.

Deal?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CapitalistPig posted:

Let's make a deal to kill any players that make a deal not to kill each other, then after we've killed all of them, we can kill each other.

Deal?

I am in

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

JakeP posted:

I am in

I got this notarized so you better not back out.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

yuming posted:

I meant to make my post like hour ago, but rude!!!

I meant to make my post like 3 hours ago, just a happy coincidence I guess :agesilaus:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I've updated the second post with your roles and starting locations. I am now messaging ~the murderer~ for him to pick his 2 special powers.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Im just going to stand right where I am all game, and if anyone tries to go from the front of the ship to the back, or vice versa, and I don't like the look in their eye im gonna kill them

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

ok mills my pms are no longer full

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Meezus posted:

I am now messaging ~the murderer~ for him to pick his 2 special powers.

Well, I guess we can rule out yuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and me, I am a Xim

• Locked thread