Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Faith. A belief in that which cannot be proven. Today we mostly associate it with a belief in the theological and supernatural, but throughout history mankind has held faith in any variety of ideas: faith in the authority of an autocrat; faith in the dominance of a culture; faith in a brighter tomorrow. Indeed, faith and hope often blend together, inspiring even in our darkest moments a genuine belief that what we do today will have consequences stretching into eternity.

But as with all human ideas, faith can so suddenly and so easily turn into a tool for hatred and violence. Yet, to lack any faith - to only believe what our limited minds can experience in our short and fleeting lives - leaves one helpless, standing alone in a cold expanse, waiting for the shadow of death to overcome them.

Faith is a rock on which we can stand and look out over the abyss. It is up to us if we choose to jump.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs, as I only check my email every other day or so.

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be honest about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Try not to post like an illiterate. I know capitalization and grammar are difficult, but you're all adults. A modicum of effort goes a long way. If your posting gets especially bad, you even risk being put on probation and then replaced. Neither you nor I want to have to deal with that.

Every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Anyway! This game is for 25 players. Players new and old are all welcome, however deferential treatment will be given to newer players.

Here we go!

1) kilran
2) merk
3) Rarity
4) JakeP
5)
6) CCKeane
7) Meinberg
8) chaoslord
9) Rascyc
10) Little Mac
11) Crazyeyes
12) Jamuraan
13) Tremendous Taste
14) CapitalistPig
15) Opopanax
16) wins32767
17) yuming
18) winvirus
19) QuoProQuid
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

Replacements:
-

:h: 25 / 13

:d: ?

:c:

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Reserved.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I am to play!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll play.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
In it to win it, baby!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'll play. Ok see you next month when this starts guys

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I presigned, I'll Fries-sign.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*burps loudly*
*hikes up pants*

Yeah yeah I'll play.

*farts*

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I swear to god, if you make me scum once again, I will throw a fit!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Rarity posted:

In it to win it, baby!

Count me in

##vote Rarity >=(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chaoslord posted:

Count me in

##vote Rarity >=(

Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful :dukedog:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yes

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wii would like to play.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I pre-signed up for this and am not on the list. What have I done to earn Ecco's ire?

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Crazyeyes posted:

I pre-signed up for this and am not on the list. What have I done to earn Ecco's ire?

You should know by now that pre-signing just means Ecco gives you the heads up :P

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

kilran posted:

You should know by now that pre-signing just means Ecco gives you the heads up :P

Didn't do that either :negative:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Why do you hate Crazyeyes, Stepmother?"

"Hate him? I don't hate him. How could anyone hate a pebble in her shoe?"

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
haha in your fuckin face crazyeyes

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

"Why do you hate Crazyeyes, Stepmother?"

"Hate him? I don't hate him. How could anyone hate a pebble in her shoe?"

:smithicide:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I will play in this crazy large game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:greencube:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:henget:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll join out of pity because of how sad Ecco made me in the discussion thread

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Opopanax posted:

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

You have my sword.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

:hehe: Works every time.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Ill play too~

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

*sigh* I guess it's time to put me in, chief

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
Hey Ecco, can I be in one of those Mason dealies with Yuming and Wins?

I haven't played for a while and I don't know if I want to spend days reading them argue, ktnxbye!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Much like Crazyeyes, I signed up for this but wasn't added to the list. :-(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Crazy's in! but not wins I fear?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I've just remembered I'll be travelling the 19th-26th, so if this game looks set to start before and during then, I'll have to give up my spot because I won't be able to get online for most of that period, sorry for sucking so badly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Gonna retool the game into something else if it doesn't fill up by this time-ish tomorrow; probably pulp genre fantasy themed, something really mindless and intellectually deadening.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Gonna retool the game into something else if it doesn't fill up by this time-ish tomorrow; probably pulp genre fantasy themed, something really mindless and intellectually deadening.

Hey that's our shtick

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

EccoRaven posted:

I refuse to co-mod such a game if this happens :colbert:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I am claiming "Hodor" as my role if this happens.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I am claiming "Hodor" as my role if this happens.

I will claim Gary Gygax if this happens

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ixtlilton posted:

I refuse to co-mod such a game if this happens :colbert:

Comods are only requested for complicated 20+ person games slash as opportunities for me to shove my arrogance in another's face more intimately; it is assumed in such a situation our contract expires

........|/
:vapes:

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Can I be a princess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted: