Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nancy_Noxious
Apr 10, 2013

by Smythe
Good to see SBBQ is back! I read the playest document a while ago and it really seems to be a fun (and functional) system.

I'm in the planning stage of a campaign with my group, and I'll definitely present Strike! as a system option (along with 13th Age and 4e Trifold).

There are some things I'm not crazy about :

1. The "funny" tone of the fluff. All that stuff about "the deal with dragonborn is boobs".

I heard that there will be a Kickstarter for this game, and I'll put as much money in it as my finances allow, but I have to ask — is there going to be a plain-mechanics SRD-like document available? I'm afraid the "funny" tone will really turn my players off — a fluff-neutral document has a better chance of being accepted.

2. Layout and the icons. The legibility of the icons is quite bad IMO — plain black over a white background would work better than grayscale over a black background.

And I have a question about licensing — will this game be OGL or something like that? I really like the engine for this game, but would prefer if there were more options — like some setting/genre book that isn't "funny", and different mechanical options (like classes that aren't decoupled from role — one of the things I like in 4e is the variety of ways the same role can be expressed mechanically).

Can't wait for the Kickstarter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread