Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Cowslips Warren posted:

But that policy changed yesterday. AHS released a notice that if any animal is turned into the shelter, even if the microchip reads for any rescue, they will not return the animal. They will keep the animal for the set time, or if they are full, will put it down asap. They won't let anyone know, and even if somehow we did find out, they won't release the animal to the rescue group. Because 'rescues are not owners, we will only return animals to owners.'

It's probably just a move to reduce legal hassles, and to 'get new owners to change the dogdamn chip registration'. Also probably for rescues to broaden their return policy, they might not all be so as liberal as yours.

They're probably just sick of scanning for microchips and getting 'XYZ Furbaby Rescue 12' half the time. It probably is a bit of a dick move, but state and county shelters can be full of bureaucrats and dicks. Heck, I would not be suprised if this was the part of some smartypants going all rules lawyer. I'd suggest having your rescue adoption process include mandatory microchip re-registration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Robbie Fowler posted:

Did my first unassisted shift last saturday, worked 5 hours cleaning pens, playing with dogs and cats, feeding them, checking them for tickets and other things that may be suss.

was good, really enjoyed it. although it's sad the animals are in there (including some that have spent the majority of their life in the facility (14 months old, been there just shy of 12 months), i guess by giving them attention and cheering them up as well as making their pen look presentable, it will hopefully help find them a home.

Keep that attitude up! You may be the very thing that gets these animals new, happy homes.

• Locked thread