Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

Latooni Then Rai into the Huckebein and Aya into the Schutzwald

Is Rai the only pilot who has Hit & Away? Because whoever's in the Schutzwald needs that skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Alacron posted:

Is Rai the only pilot who has Hit & Away? Because whoever's in the Schutzwald needs that skill.

Giado has it too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I always give it to Latooni so clearly you should give it Ryoto. Spice things up.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I've taken to giving it to Aya so I vote you do the same.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Seyser Koze posted:

Latooni (Huckebein Mk. II)

It seems like everyone's voting for Latooni anyway, and I will too, but isn't that the Huckebein 009 instead of the Mk-II? If it were actually the Mk-II it'd probably be better to leave her in it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I say Ryoto because hey, the kid's alright.

But yeah I love Ryoto's character arc, his personality, his voice and the mechs he gets over the course of the games. His interactions with Rio are part and parcel of that, they make a nice combo.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I always put Latooni in it.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
Ryoto.
Also, Rio's shouting face looks like she's drunk, which is hilarious.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Alacron posted:

Rai and Giado come with it, Aya is going to want it eventually. You get the SRX too late to make her just a subpilot. That said, whoever is in the Shutzwald ALSO needs Accel, because that mech is slow as poo poo. Rai's terrible in it, but he also can't leave it because the only possible replacement for him is an awful pilot.

So...I'm gonna vote Aya for the Wildraubtier. I don't usually put her in it, so let's try something new!

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Seyser Koze posted:

Giado has it too.

For this reason, Giado needs the Lion (to use the railgun on the move), Ryoto should get Lat's Huckie, and Latooni should get the Rauptier.

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014

Seyser Koze posted:

Luckily the barrier is just a flat damage reduction as opposed to something percentage-based.

Let me correct you on this. The Warp Field, the Valsion and Granzon's barriers, reduces all damage by 50%, unless you use a barrier piercing weapon.

I heard it's a reference to the classic era, where Bian was the final boss in SRW 2, and could not be harmed outside range 1. Don't quote me on this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hivac posted:

Garnet. :shepface:

Some may laugh, but this is my MO in every single one of my playthroughs. Making your support character basically invincible (because good luck hitting a flight mode Raubtier) is actually really, really useful.

As such, I also vote for Garnet.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
That would involve actually using Garnet though.

Put Latooni in it instead.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Latooni for sure. Parked on something that gives energy regen she can solo entire maps in that thing.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Let's vote for Ryoto just to be different. Pilots wackily out of their canon mechs is always fun since OG1 is one of the only games that really lets you freely do that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

Let's vote for Ryoto just to be different. Pilots wackily out of their canon mechs is always fun since OG1 is one of the only games that really lets you freely do that.
I always put Fa in the Nu Gundam in Z2, just because she's voiced by Satomi Arai. It was amazing.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gyra_Solune posted:

This is a good idea.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Yeah, I'm willing to change my vote to whoever ends up with the most votes that isn't Latooni. Let's mix it up.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Son Ryo posted:

It seems like everyone's voting for Latooni anyway, and I will too, but isn't that the Huckebein 009 instead of the Mk-II? If it were actually the Mk-II it'd probably be better to leave her in it.

Yeah, it's the 009. Fixed, although I imagine everybody who knew the difference knew what I meant anyway.

Grashbar posted:

Let me correct you on this. The Warp Field, the Valsion and Granzon's barriers, reduces all damage by 50%, unless you use a barrier piercing weapon.

Upon further investigation, looks like you're right. I think I just looked up the explanation of Gravity Territory, which is what Shu had in the Alpha games. Somehow this is worse, because that means Rio legit did under 1000 damage with Valor cast.

MarsDragon posted:

Ryoto is very important because his Twin Spirit is Soul and 2.5 damage Darkness Slash is just TOO GOOD.

...other than that I barely pay attention to him. His Lion comes with a few upgrades if I remember right, and it'll hold you for a long time if you put some good weapons on it. Not quite endgame material, but good.

I tend not to use Soul just because of its relative inefficiency compared to Valor. Especially since once he hits his Ace Bonus, Irm can cast Love for less than Soul would cost.

I miss Alpha's Soul, which did 3x damage instead of 2.5. :(

In any case, the Wildraubtier standings are now...

Garnet - 3
Latooni - 10
Ryoto - 7
Aya - 1

I guess I should point out that Latooni in the Raubtier is somewhat overkill, since it tends to get really low dodge rates no matter who's piloting it and thus doesn't benefit from her Genius skill as much as another mech would.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm going to vote Rio. For no particular reason.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm going to vote Rio. For no particular reason.

She certainly needs the help. :iceburn:

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Ryoto because as you mentioned, Latooni in the Raubtier is overkill. Whenever I used it, I constantly kept it in Jet mode, which meant its best attack was post-movement. But Lat has (or had, on the GBA version, not sure about this one) Assail, so she didn't really need a powerful post-movement attack. Ryoto doesn't, though, so putting him in the Raubtier generally worked out better for me. Lat's not bad in the Lion F, either, though the 009 is probably a bit better for her, unless to really want her to be flight-capable (which is fair given all of the water in this route).

Also, I have to agree, putting characters into really odd robots is the best part of the OG series.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ryoto, unless he is actually better off in his old ride or something. But he'd probably want to distance himself from Tenzan on the Gamer Pilot front.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

TheBystander posted:

Also, I have to agree, putting characters into really odd robots is the best part of the OG series.

It would be cool to mix everyone up for a stage and show that off. Maybe sometime in the 20s?

Latooni in the Grungust! Kyosuke in the Weissritter! The possibilities are endless.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
gently caress it, okay. Let's let this poor sap have some fun. Changing my vote to Ryoto.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 15, 2014

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014

MarsDragon posted:

Latooni in the Grungust! Kyosuke in the Weissritter! The possibilities are endless.

Excellen in the Alt.

It's mandatory to do this and use Revolver Stake once with animations on.

Edit:

Seyser Koze posted:

I tend not to use Soul just because of its relative inefficiency compared to Valor. Especially since once he hits his Ace Bonus, Irm can cast Love for less than Soul would cost.

I miss Alpha's Soul, which did 3x damage instead of 2.5. :(

Soul will affect both units in a squad. That's part of how it works as a twin spirit.

Souled Darkness Slash and Cosmo Nova.

Grashbar fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 15, 2014

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Grashbar posted:

Soul will affect both units in a squad. That's part of how it works as a twin spirit.

Souled Darkness Slash and Cosmo Nova.

But both pilots are still paying the full 70-ish SP. If the cost was split that would be one thing (and Irm would never cast Valor again), but as it stands you only use it when an enemy flees at high health and you really need to do a ton of damage in a single encounter.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Yeah, but you don't have enough Zeal casters to spread out across all your heavy hitters. Someone's only going to be hitting once, and when you do it might as well be for 2.5 damage. Usually there's only one boss you want to go down anyway.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
edit: totally posted a reply in the wrong topic

But since I'm here, Ryoto gets my vote as well, if I'm not too late

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ryoto in the Rabutier, Rio in the Lion.

overlordbunny
Feb 16, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Ryoto in the Rabutier, Rio in the Lion.

This man knows whats up.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Ryoto, cause I like the guy, and I want to see him kick rear end. Also, I put Latooni in it when I played the GBA version, so I'd like to mix it up.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Like many others I always gave the Raubtier to Latooni, so I want to see Ryoto in it now.

Giado in the Lion and Rio in the Huck sounds cool too. Aya needs her TT back.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Kyosuke Route, Mission 16

I upgrade Bullet's Chakram Shooter a bit.

Siebel contacts Adler, to the elderly DC commander's extreme displeasure. Given his flagrant failure regarding Columna, Adler is in no mood to listen to Siebel now - especially since Operation Huguenot will be taking place soon and Siebel will need to participate in the assault on Geneva. The battleship captain understands, but has one request to make of Adler first, regarding a plan he has to recapture Columna. Intrigued, Adler tells him to go on...

With Columna retaken, Excellen is trying to unwind a bit after the stress of the mission. Thanks to Gilliam's efforts, about half of the Federation comm satellites are back online, which should give the Feds a leg up on the Divine Crusaders. Kyosuke's satisfied over having won his bet with Tasuku, though Excellen is quick to point out the very long losing streak that preceded it.

Still, the Hiryu crew has its own concerns to worry about. They may have evened the odds for the Feds, but they're still alone up here in space and unlikely to receive reinforcements. And the colonies' actions are troubling Kyosuke: they're easily capable of bringing much more force to bear against the Hiryu, but they aren't. Kyosuke considers the possibility of a larger goal: perhaps they're allowing the Hiryu to continue in order to keep their attention away from some other plan. There are problems with that, though...

Anyway, look at the time - Excellen's off to learn some more beautifying/figure-maintaining yoga poses from Radha. She says that Kyosuke's in charge if she doesn't come back, leading Kyosuke to wonder why she goes along with it. It's not just her, either - Katina and Viletta are doing it too!

Excellen skips out, and the Kyosuke grumbles that he doesn't understand women. (And how!) Bullet, however, has a bad feeling about all of this.

On the bridge, Eun receives a distress call from a Federation Tausendfussler. It was dispatched from Aviano to resupply them, but came under fire from colonial forces en route. Sean immediately voices his reservations and asks for more information; the transport's IFF codes check out, but they've received no communications from Aviano telling them about the delivery. Sean doubts the Federation has the supplies to spare for them. Regardless, Lefina isn't willing to risk letting allies be destroyed and orders all units to stand by.

Mission 16: Cursed Container

Curtain rises just as the enemies catch up to the transport; a well-placed shot disables its thrusters, leaving it on an irreversible collision course for Columna stationary in space. Lefina orders the PTs to sortie and protect it...

...and doesn't get the expected chorus of acknowledgements. Radha, Excellen, Katina, and Viletta are unable to fight, for some reason. Sean has an inkling, but there's no time to worry about it now; Lefina yells for the machines that can launch to do so, immediately.

The long odds have actually got Tasuku's blood pumping, to Russell's surprise. Bullet's earlier misgivings are even stronger now - is something... off... about that transport? Kyosuke tells him to focus up, and the group discusses the objectives; we have to keep the enemies out of Columna, no matter the cost!

Aaaand that's pretty much our objective - keep the enemies out of the glowing area. Oh, and protect the transport. No sign of the mastery requirement yet.

Same map as last time, different direction. The Tausendfussler is pretty close to Columna, but won't move. Just past it, we have six trash Cosmolions, three Barrelions, and three upgraded Barrelion-Vs, which are more or less Barrelions with a few hundred more health (and another little feature).

Per standard operating procedure, Tasuku gets to stand in front and get shot a lot.

Tasuku's experience level is doing just fine, while Bullet is falling a bit behind, so Bullet's going to be sniping other people's leftovers on this mission. He casts Gain and picks up a level.

Kyosuke not-quite-kills a Barrelion, and gets hit in return. It's not serious by itself, but with six Barrelions it could get ugly very fast.

So I have Russell cast Guard and move up alongside, which should draw the fire of most of the other Barrels.

Gilliam tags along behind, but isn't a major priority for killing things on this mission. Meanwhile, the Hiryu hangs back because I honestly forgot where enemies popped up on this mission and wanted somebody to mind the fort.

Enemy phase. The Barrels go for Russell, and we can see that even with Guard, he'll be in serious trouble after a few of these shots. He returns fire against the first couple, but the rest are far enough away that it's not worth the effort. He does level up to 15, though.

Then he support-defends Kyosuke against one that goes for him. Kyosuke kills the Barrel on his counterattack.

The next couple are outside of his useful range, so Russell dodges. The last Barrelion-V goes for Tasuku, for some reason, and accomplishes approximately nothing.

Tasuku kills a Cosmo and hits level 17, then sits around and basks in the missile fire from the others.

Turn 2. I don't want Russell and Kyosuke absorbing another full round of Barrelion fire, so the Giganscudo moves up to take the heat off them.

Bullet and Kyosuke double-team another, and Bullet levels up again. Kyosuke's been hogging the field so heavily that a bunch of his comrades are falling behind, so we'll see if we can't do something about that.

Russell offs the last Barrelion.

We can count on the Cosmos to kill themselves, so Gilliam comes over to start in on the tougher Barrelion-Vs. Kyosuke starts in on another one. Gilliam's Gespenst-R is a sweet mech, but it doesn't have the Alt's built-in destructive power. And of course I put the good guns on the R-GUN. :doh:

Enemy phase. Kyosuke falls just short of killing the guy he hit last turn, who was at low health. Then he crits the everliving gently caress out of the guy Gilliam hit and get a kill.

Unexpectedly, a Cosmo ignores everybody and rushes past us. He goes for Russell, who didn't cast Guard this turn, but I decide to risk it.

It doesn't really pay off, although he does get the kill. I assume the Cosmo was actually making a break for the target area and Russell just happened to be in the way. The alternative is that the computer is wising up and I might have to play more competently.

Tasuku clears out the remaining Cosmos, meaning we have just the one Barrelion-V left.

Turn 3. Because I still don't remember what all happens on this mission, I move Russell and Tasuku back towards Columna before Gilliam bumps off the last Barrelion.

And right away, more bad guys show up. Siebel laughs that their repeated encounters must be fate. Kyosuke asks what he's got up his sleeve this time, but Siebel says it ought to be obvious - he's here to take Columna back! Kyosuke says he's welcome to try, but already he's looking for the enemy commander's angle. However, Siebel just orders everybody to rush the station. Things aren't looking good for our outnumbered crew...

Excellen announces the return of the ladies, amongst assorted groans of pain and the melodious popping of joints. Kyosuke demands to know what took them so long, and she confesses that they were all passed out - not something they'd like anybody to see. Katina cheerfully tells Russell that she's come back from the depths of hell, and Radha has to apologize for overstraining everyone (Tasuku freaks out at the horrible and awesome power of yoga).

In any case, Excellen airily says that they're back now, and right in the nick of time! Plus, her skin's more beautiful than ever! Kyosuke has to have a brief conference with Bullet on whether yoga would actually work that fast, but finally he tells her to just get to work already.

Meanwhile, Viletta's been completely silent through all of this. Excellen commends "ma ame soeur" (Atlus again) on her ability to play it cool. Only Viletta knows that talking just makes her neck hurt too much...

Our objectives haven't changed, although now we can see the mastery - bring Siebel's Peregrine below 25% health within 7 turns. Unusually, we don't have to actually destroy it, but naturally we're going to do so anyway.

On the enemies front, we have a line of six Cosmos, a line of six Barrelion-Vs, and Siebel. We do have the girls now, but they're way the hell in back (even farther back than Kyosuke and Tasuku, who I sent away from the action in my genius), so the guys are going to have to at least hold the line for a bit.

Bullet to the rescue! He one-shots a Cosmolion, and should be able to hold the line against the rest of the group.

Enemy phase. Radha has a premonition of... something. Malice? She can't be sure, and tells Viletta it's nothing when she asks what's wrong. Meanwhile, Bullet has a similar feeling... something warning him not to let the transport come near Columna.

The Cosmolions make their move on Bullet, and he takes out three more of them in response.

The Barrelions rush for Columna before attacking anyone. Bullet is almost out of energy thanks to his Chakram Shooter spam (I need to upgrade that too), but his photon rifle can at least get a start against them. The Huckebein has high enough evasion that the AI is using a Spider Net to attack, which has higher accuracy. It still doesn't help the enemies' chances, but if it connected it would reduce Bullet's movement on the next turn.

On the other hand, a couple go for Katina and Viletta support-defends her. And then another one parks itself right in front of Bullet and hits him on a 7 percent chance. :argh:

Turn 4. We've got us a nice cluster of enemies here; Bullet hobbles out of the way so Tasuku can Accelerate over and MAP them all (almost).

It doesn't do much damage, but it adds up against this many targets, and it's enough to take out the remaining Cosmos and one Barrel.

Everybody else just sort of plows through the remaining Barrels. Nothing too exciting happens, although we do get to see the main way the Barrel-V is an improvement over the basic model: it can use its main railgun point-blank instead of having a blind spot. Russell, Excellen, Katina, and Kyosuke all get kills, leaving one enemy mech still to go.

Enemy phase: Siebel attacks Gilliam. "The Aggressors are just a ghost from the past!"

His Peregrine has a whole thousand HP more than usual. It doesn't make him not take almost 5000 damage on a counterattack.

The last Barrelion keeps approaching the station and stops near Radha. She's... level 12? No Accelerate and not being able to fire the Schutzwald's cannons on the move is really costing her. I should switch some boosters over to her instead.

Turn 5. We'll take out the easy target first (also I'm liable to forget he's there if I focus on Siebel.)

Radha finishes the Barrelion and hits level 13. Baby steps.

Nothing left but to beat Siebel down now, so everybody piles on.

Tasuku...

Kyosuke...

"You're no different from Sanger. An incompetent weakling..." Dick.

Excellen...

"Heh heh heh... it seems that's all a woman can accomplish..." Dick.

"Airheaded woman! I'll put you back in your place!" Dick.

And then Gilliam leaves him juuuust shy of the cutoff.

Turn 6. Katina could use a few more levels, so I buff her up, cast Valor, and move in.

"Ungh...! Wretched woman! You'll regret that!" Dick.

"Impudent woman. Die!"

I didn't expect Katina to dodge that (87%), but anything that rubs more salt in Siebel's wounds is fine with me.

And then Kyosuke supports and finishes him off.

"Heh heh heh... don't think you've won. Goodbye... we won't be meeting again."

:toot:

Siebel withdraws - suspiciously quickly. The Tausendfussler is still intact and requesting help. Lefina orders it towed into the station's landing bay... but Radha interrupts.

She can't explain why, exactly; it's just a sense that she has. But Bullet backs her up, and when Katina doesn't believe either of them, Tasuku chimes in on their side as well. Opting to play it safe, Gilliam volunteers to board the ship with Viletta and inspect; Lefina gives them both permission.

The Federation pilot thanks Gilliam profusely for the help; Gilliam's just grateful that this man was willing to put himself at risk to bring supplies all this way. Confused, the pilot asks if he doesn't want to inspect the cargo. After all the trouble, Gilliam is willing to take the man at his word.

Amazed at his luck in being boarded by someone so gullible, the pilot draws a weapon and fires...

...only for Gilliam to dodge, having expected this from the beginning. An interrogation would take too long, so he just played along and waited for the man to give himself away. Viletta emerges from the ship's cargo hold, reporting that their guest has brought them quite a gift.

Fun fact: "gift" is German for "poison."

The transport was carrying biochemical weapons - specifically, a container of poison gas. Had it been brought aboard the station, everyone there would now be dead; Radha's premonition saved all their lives. (No credit for Bullet. Poor Bullet.) This is troubling, though, because attacks against a people's air supply are particularly despised in the space colonies. Given that the transport was stolen from the Earth's arsenal and departed from there, it seems likely that Siebel kept this from his superiors in order to claim credit for the victory. It would appear that the colonial military union isn't quite as united as we thought...

Our omniscient camera powers demonstrate this further, as we pop in on Siebel just in time to see Sanger punch him out. The former Aggressor is furious at the man's tactics, ones that nobody from the colonies should ever adopt. Siebel tries to bluster that an outsider has no standing to tell him what to do, but Sanger just roars that if he's forgotten the Elpis Incident after only two years, he's a disgrace to the colonies. Siebel storms out, vowing not to forget this insult.

Radha tries to apologize to Excellen for the yoga incident earlier, but as far as Excellen's concerned, saving all their lives more than made up for it. Enough about that; how did she know that something was wrong? Kyosuke just recognizes trouble by instinct, but that doesn't explain Radha and Bullet's warnings. Radha doesn't have any special powers, just a keen intuition. Bullet, on the other hand, may be one of those individuals...

At that point Bullet bursts in; he's been looking all over for them. Excellen jokes that it's not what it looks like, they're just meeting together in secret, but Bullet won't let himself be distracted (much). Sensing that it's serious, she sobers up and asks what's the matter.

He wastes no time: the colonies' main fleet has departed from Elpis and is moving to invade Earth.

------

"Nnn? What? Why am I here?"

"I need to say a few words? Hmm... all right."

"Greetings, from Hero Chronicles!"

"Ugh, that was pitiful..."

Gilliam's first appearance was in the 1992 game Hero Chronicles: Project Olympus, a Gundam/Ultraman/Kamen Rider crossover. It was also the first appearance of the Gespenst. This will make more sense about one-and-a-half games from now.

Next time: false advertising.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Final voting results:

Garnet - 3
Latooni - 9
Ryoto - 15
Aya - 1
Rio - 1

So Ryoto gets the Raubtier. We'll see who ends up in the Lion long-term after next mission.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The guys with psychic powers in their skill list have psychic powers. Who'd have thought?
Joking aside, Rhada, you're an horrible Joga teacher. If your pupils pass out during the first lesson it's clear you have to tone it down a bit.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Omobono posted:

The guys with psychic powers in their skill list have psychic powers. Who'd have thought?
Radha is a bit of a weird case, however. She's not a Psychodriver like Ryusei and Bullet, but somehow has some vaguely defined form of ESP that rarely amounts to much at all. This little bit here is probably the most that her "powers" get used outside of "I'm sensing enemy reinforcements/random vagueness the plot tells me to sense".

What's even more strange is that in OG2, we get a little information on why Radha has this, but then it gets dropped for other plots to happen instead and essentially turns into background noise.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Well, there is one other character who has similar vague ESP powers in effect, even if the game doesn't actually say they're the same. If there's one person with random other psychic powers that aren't TK, why not another?

Seyser Koze posted:

Our omniscient camera powers demonstrate this further, as we pop in on Siebel just in time to see Sanger punch him out. The former Aggressor is furious at the man's tactics, ones that nobody from the colonies should ever adopt. Siebel tries to bluster that an outsider has no standing to tell him what to do, but Sanger just roars that if he's forgotten the Elpis Incident after only two years, he's a disgrace to the colonies. Siebel storms out, vowing not to forget this insult.

I can only assume the reason Siebel didn't face a firing squad for this is because all of Sanger's reports upstream are "I HAVE CLEAVED THE EVIL" and Lily's just been round-filing them since day one.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AradoBalanga posted:

Radha is a bit of a weird case, however. She's not a Psychodriver like Ryusei and Bullet, but somehow has some vaguely defined form of ESP that rarely amounts to much at all. This little bit here is probably the most that her "powers" get used outside of "I'm sensing enemy reinforcements/random vagueness the plot tells me to sense".

What's even more strange is that in OG2, we get a little information on why Radha has this, but then it gets dropped for other plots to happen instead and essentially turns into background noise.

I had always assumed that Radha's deal was that she was some magical Yoga Master that could just do inexplicable things because of yoga, the same way Dhalsim could.

Video games taught me bad racial stereotypes. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

MarsDragon posted:

I can only assume the reason Siebel didn't face a firing squad for this is because all of Sanger's reports upstream are "I HAVE CLEAVED THE EVIL" and Lily's just been round-filing them since day one.

But Siebel looks decidedly uncleaved? :confused:

• Locked thread