Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Seyser Koze posted:

Support Attack first, given that I'm already running into aces who I could shoot down if I could chain more than two attacks together. The early missions end so quickly that running out of SP isn't a major problem.

Fair enough, I usually prioritize SP Regen because I know I'll want it on literally everyone and I don't want to forget.

And should I do the background post on Archibald's ancestors now, or wait for the thing they're related to to show up first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
So did they tone Arad's wackiness for this? I remember in Alpha 2 (in which he and Seolla were part of a pathetic attempt at a Titans resurgence by Yazan & his cronies) he had the most extremely goofy faces, including one that looked like his eyeballs had fallen out of their sockets.
And I can kind of buy the Falken being a Weiss-line, but I don't remotely believe that the Wurger could be in any way related to Alt.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wounded Land posted:

So did they tone Arad's wackiness for this? I remember in Alpha 2 (in which he and Seolla were part of a pathetic attempt at a Titans resurgence by Yazan & his cronies) he had the most extremely goofy faces, including one that looked like his eyeballs had fallen out of their sockets.
And I can kind of buy the Falken being a Weiss-line, but I don't remotely believe that the Wurger could be in any way related to Alt.
Pretty much all of Arado's portraits made the jump from Alpha into OG, with some new ones added here and there related to OG-exclusive content. You'll see his more goofier portraits as things move along. The boy does not disappoint when it comes to facial expressions, that is for sure.

As for the Wurger's similarities to the Alt...remember that Marion Radom is the person in charge of the project. And she thought a pneumatic piledriver was a perfectly functional weapon for a giant robot to use.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Maybe it's the complete lack of giant gumball dispensers, but the visual resemblance isn't there at all.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Wounded Land posted:

Maybe it's the complete lack of giant gumball dispensers, but the visual resemblance isn't there at all.

No the visual similarities totally aren't there but "Assault and Sniper type team mecha" as a concept is definitely there.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

turned into

which turned into

You don't need to be visually similar to be a successor unit.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 7, 2015

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Seyser didn't cover this, so I think I'll do. Arado's stats for this stage is... special.

Arado what in the world are you doing

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
The other thing that makes the School storyline so damned annoying, besides being drawn out for so long:

It could have been resolved much quicker if Seolla hadn't been a stupid rear end in a top hat and actually -listened- when Latooni tried to tell her "I'm here by my own choice, no one is forcing me". The whole thing, drawn out melodramatically because of poor characterization on Seolla's part that made her all over-emotional upon seeing Latooni and making a bad decision at speed.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Grashbar posted:

Seyser didn't cover this, so I think I'll do. Arado's stats for this stage is... special.

PUNCH THE MANS IN THE FACE.

EDIT: For those who can't read it, Arado has much higher Melee and Defense than a real robot pilot should have. He is essentially an SR pilot who the DC have shoved into a Lion and then said "drat it! why can't you fight like all our other mooks?! Are you defective?"

Onmi fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 7, 2015

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013

Grashbar posted:

Awww...he wants to be a Super Robot pilot when he grows up!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
That's pretty garbage defense for a super pilot. And his terrain rankings are all Bs besides water, which is C. It's more just terrible stats in general.

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Clearly Arado and Ibis should hook up.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Grashbar posted:

OG does this with a bunch of pilots. Look at Katina and Russel, for instance. She's initially built as a ranged-focused character and he's built as a melee/defense-focused character in OG1. This game rebalances their stats into fitting more along the lines of their in-game personalities; Katina slowly becomes more melee/offense-focused while Russel becomes more defense/support-focused.

And then you have Arado and Ibis, both of whom have pilot stats that just make you stop for 5 minutes and stare at the sheer lopsided distribution. The catch is that while Ibis' stats look that way on purpose and are connected to her plot....Arado's stats are the result of science fuckery followed by the scientists failing to realize what they hosed up, and blaming everything else in the room when the answer is right in front of them (i.e., the scientists themselves).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also worth pointing out these aren't the stats Arado comes with when we inevitably recruit him (SPOILER!) It's very much a case of the DC trying to hammer a triangle peg into a line hole then screaming "This doesn't work! he's defective!" when he A. shows no god damned interest in what they have him doing and 2. isn't very good at it.

That's the other hilarious thing. Arado never hides that the mechs they've got him using aren't his style or what he wants to do but literally everyone is bloody determined to tell him he's an idiot and that he needs to do it exactly by the book.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Going with the fact all I know about any of this is what I've seen in the thread?

I'm gonna say the LOGICAL reason they are pushing on ranged stuff, is that the DC was spoiled by the Barrelions.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure my stats are better at close range."
"That's CRAZY TALK son! Name one close range filler mech we could throw you into the player gives a poo poo about"
"uh-"
"THAT'S RIGHT THEY WERE ALL GARBAGE! Now name a ranged filler mech they hate with the fury of a thousand suns"
"Barrelion"
"See? It's science! Ranged good close bad. Therefore, you are bad."

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Section Z posted:

Going with the fact all I know about any of this is what I've seen in the thread?

I'm gonna say the LOGICAL reason they are pushing on ranged stuff, is that the DC was spoiled by the Barrelions.

"Guys, I'm pretty sure my stats are better at close range."
"That's CRAZY TALK son! Name one close range filler mech we could throw you into the player gives a poo poo about"
"uh-"
"THAT'S RIGHT THEY WERE ALL GARBAGE! Now name a ranged filler mech they hate with the fury of a thousand suns"
"Barrelion"
"See? It's science! Ranged good close bad. Therefore, you are bad."

They have a point. Close combat has been phased out since the rise of firearms; and if mechs existed in real life they'd just be glorified artillery platforms.

What the DC doesn't realize is that they're in an anime. :v:

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Or that a big gun doesn't do much good if they're right up against you, ripping out your guts.

SorataYuy fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 8, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

They have a point. Close combat has been phased out since the rise of firearms; and if mechs existed in real life they'd just be glorified artillery platforms.

Counterpoint. Literally the entire SRX in the last war. I refuse to believe they know about the Hagane and didn't know about their giant super robot kicking everything in half.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SorataYuy posted:

Or that a big gun doesn't do much good if they're right up against you, ripping out your guts.

Or if they teleport in reaction to all ranged weaponry, before you pummel them enough in close combat to actually hit them with guns and missiles :downs:

Oh lord, why do I have such a soft spot for Robot Alchemic Drive? Also does anyone know of an attack more useless and detrimental than "You just threw your rear end at them like tomahawks... Which were your tank mode beam cannons, so you can't use those anymore." You know, outside of fruitless kamikaze attacks.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

The SRX is really more of an all-range monster than anything else. Blade Kick and the sword for close combat, Hi-Finger Launchers, Gaun Genocider, Dominion Ball and SPOILERS for ranged. The Grungust series is better for good melee focus in OG1, since Irm single-handedly slashed something like half of the DC's forces, up to and including Bian and Shu, right in half.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MarsDragon posted:

The SRX is really more of an all-range monster than anything else. Blade Kick and the sword for close combat, Hi-Finger Launchers, Gaun Genocider, Dominion Ball and SPOILERS for ranged. The Grungust series is better for good melee focus in OG1, since Irm single-handedly slashed something like half of the DC's forces, up to and including Bian and Shu, right in half.

Also they had Sanger on their side.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Grashbar posted:

I never noticed this. This is precious. :allears:

Also:

Seyser Koze posted:

Bullet: "You're always saying the same things!"
Yuuki: "That's my line. Talking to you is a waste of time."
Bullet: "What was that!?"
Yuuki: "Nothing I say will get through to you. Maybe combat will make you understand."
Bullet: "Don't act like you understand anything!"

Really though, just gently caress this stage. I could forgive all of the problems with the writing if the battle mastery wasn't one of the worst we've seen so far. If you don't know about the secret in advance, odds are you'll rush for the battle mastery and miss on making either of Yuuki or Carla retreat. It is a dick move.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Mission 10

Initial housekeeping. Excellen and Lamia pick up Support Attack. It'll be a little bit before Kai, Rai, and Latooni have picked up enough PP to catch up.

Incidentally, this is as good a time as any to point out a difference between the original OG1 and 2, and how that translated into a game that remade both at once. Original Generation 1 had a single support skill, just called "support." By the time OG2 rolled around, Banpresto divided this into two separate skills, Support Attack and Support Defense, which had since become the standard for Super Robot Wars games. As a result, OG2 characters typically had one or the other (or neither). For whatever reason, when they remade the games, instead of treating OG2 as an overall improvement on the first game, they took OG1's design as a deliberate decision to be preserved - and thus, while Original Generations has separate Support Attack and Defense skills, in OG1 every pilot who had Support in the original had both skills now. But in the remade OG2 they went back to their original OG2 skillsets, and so we have Excellen starting out with just Support Defense and no Support Attack because derp.

Anyway, where were we? Ah, right. Against my better judgement I drop a bunch of money on the Huckebein Mk. II, maxing both its mobility and the attack power on Chakram Shooter. This is for secret-gaining purposes more than anything else, because (spoiler) Bullet gets a better mech and we'll never look at the Mk. II again. Oh, well.

"Hey, Russell! Go take on that army over there! What, are you more afraid of them, or me?"

Intro

quote:

Lee is awakened from a nightmare about the Aerogater assault on Beijing just in time for a call from Kenneth; the Aggressors are being reassigned to the Shirogane for the search, and he will be expected to join up with the Hagane as well. Lee isn't happy with either of these arrangements, but has no choice but to accept.

Latooni finally tells Kai and Rai about her encounter with Seolla. After confirming that other School members are probably in the DCs as well - Seolla's partner Arado Balanga and their "sister" Ouka Nagisa - Kai warns Latooni that they will meet again, but intends to support her in her desire to rescue them. He orders Rai to keep the infromation to himself for the time being.

The enemy attacks, but their tactics are different from usual; given the stealth they've used until now, it's clear that this time they intend to be seen.

Mission 10: Indelible Memory

Objective: Wipe out the enemy, in four turns for the mastery. No problem there...

...Wait.

WATER MISSIONS! :argh: It's like Ryusei's route all over again. All we need is a wall of Barrelions to fight through. Fifteen enemies; five Schwert jets, five Sorpresas, and five Sealions. Nothing too serious to worry about.

The Neo-Aggressors have joined us - Kai in his green Gespenst, Rai in an MP Huckebein, and Latooni in the Wildraubtier. Kai can handle underwater while Rai and Latooni can fly, so we're safe with putting the Screw Module on the Huckebein. We also can't actually move the Shirogane for this mission.

:eng101:In the original you didn't get the Wildraubtier again, and Latooni starts in an ordinary Schwert jet. Good riddance.

Off we go. Full disclosure: I restarted this mission because I didn't upgrade Bullet's mech beforehand. Here, we demonstrate why Lamia needs to cast Guard all the time until she has some decent upgrades.

A significant chunk of her health gone (no Guard) and she didn't even kill the target. :sigh:

And here's why Bullet needs upgrades. He doesn't have Focus, remember.

Grit can only protect you for so long, and pretty much the entire enemy team goes for either Bullet or Lamia.

Yeah. Time to restart.

Trying again, with a properly upgraded Bullet. Well, his dodge rate still sucks.

On the other hand, Chakram Shooter's damage is through the roof.

And Lamia's taking more reasonable amounts of damage, too.

If you're wondering why I'm going through this trouble, this mission (just grunts, no bosses, no pressure) is an ideal situation to farm kills on Bullet and Lamia, who both need them for secrets. Bullet ends up gaining eight kills on this mission, putting him at 24. Of course he still needs another 20 or so more, but he has ten missions in which to get them. Lamia has a more generous deadline, so I'm not too worried about her yet.

Anyway, if you're not trying to farm kills on an unupgraded Bullet, this mission is strictly filler. With a couple of upgrades, this mission can easily be wrapped up on turn 3. I hold off until turn 4 begins, because reasons.

:toot:

The enemy have been eliminated, and another group has been detected at 11 o'clock, three minutes away. Lee prepares to engage...

...When a group of Barrelions (:argh:) suddenly erupt from the sea surrounding the Shirogane.

Lee orders evasive maneuvers and countermeasures deployed, while Lamia observes that it's the same as when the Wildfalken was taken. The ASRS is showing its worth. Rai reacts to her reaction, but says nothing, while Kai yells for everyone to get back to the ship.

Anyway, there's nothing left to do but deal with the Barrelions. They'll all focus on the Shirogane, and the mission will end automatically once it hits 70% health, but I'm bloodthirsty.

So Kai Valor-punches one, followed by Latooni for a finish.

Kyosuke stakes another one.

And Excellen Rampage Ghosts the last.

Killing three Barrelions will also trigger the mission end, hence why I waited until turn 4 to clean up the first wave when I could easily have done it in three. And that's a wrap...

Closing

quote:

The Hagane arrives (to Lee's displeasure) and shoots down the remaining Barrelions. A wing of enemy Lions (the unit they detected originally, before the Barrels arrives) appears, but then withdraws just as quickly. Lee intends to pursue, but Daitetsu warns him otherwise, and he unwillingly backs down.

Back at Hickam, Lee gets bad news; he's being called off the hunt for the DCs to return to Langley for repairs, where he'll be preparing for the Shirogane's new role as an evacuation vessel for Federation brass. His pilots will be transferred to the Hagane, which will pick up the mission where Lee left off. Lee is furious at this turn of events, but can't do anything about it.

Immediately after this, Tetsuya encounters Lee in the corridor, addressing him as "Mr. Perfect," as the cadets called him at the Academy. Lee immediately tells him off for his lack of decorum. Exasperated, Tetsuya tries again - he'd heard Lee had some wasn't part of the L5 campaign, and wanted to know why. Lee is unsurprised that he hadn't heard the news - he was injured during the Aerogater attack on Beijing, when Ingram defected to the aliens and devastated his hometown. Stunned, Tetsuya tries to apologize, but Lee refuses to hear it, only saying that Tetsuya isn't fit for his post.

Excellen is getting properly settled in on the Hagane again (teasing Eita about Eun, pestering Daitetsu for booze, etc.) when Tetsuya enters; he's too subdued from his encounter with Lee to banter. Daitetsu says they'll be heading back to the Far East base for the time being.

Lamia has a look around the Hagane, a bit surprised that she's managed to get on it so quickly. Rai confronts her about her slip during the mission, mentioning the enemies' new ECM when the Barrelions ambushed the ship. Again, she plays dumb, but thinks yet again that she still needs her new orders - what's taking them so long?

Archibald's submarine receives a shipment of supplies from the Earth Cradle, including a new mech: the Type-30 Randgrith. Of more interest is Echidna Iisaki, the woman overseeing the delivery; she claims to have a mission of her own and will be accompanying them for the time being, and isn't deterred when Archibald points out that they're facing the Hagane. With that out of the way, Archibald has no objections, but Yuuki finds himself unnerved by her robotic demeanor.

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 13, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So yeah.

Lee's a douchebag, yet he has some understandable frustrations with life.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

Lee's a douchebag, yet he has some understandable frustrations with life.

I like him. He's an rear end in a top hat but he's an rear end in a top hat to everyone, even his bosses, and he hasn't been cruel or too much of a dick when in combat or anything. I'm going to be upset when he inevitably betrays everyone or dies after proving he's not that bad after all.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like him. He's an rear end in a top hat but he's an rear end in a top hat to everyone, even his bosses, and he hasn't been cruel or too much of a dick when in combat or anything. I'm going to be upset when he inevitably betrays everyone or dies after proving he's not that bad after all.

Well, he has a different fate here than in OG2.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The change of units in the remake of OG2 might be my favourite part of OGs entirely because of one incredibly frustrating mission later that becomes a lot easier. But well, all on its own time. At the very least, it is really good that they use the fact that the OG1 mechs are already in-game to have them appear in OG2 instead of generic things like more MP Huckebeins.

Is the Chakram Shooter an equippable weapon? I don't remember it being and if you aren't going to use the Mk-II for long (and in this game, there's no reason whatsoever to do it, beyond wanting to do a challenge run), it'd be better to use that money on a weapon you could reuse, right? Too bad you don't get a Shotgun yet (I think...I don't remember poo poo about OG2, I need to replay it), those are great and always worth putting money in.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

The change of units in the remake of OG2 might be my favourite part of OGs entirely because of one incredibly frustrating mission later that becomes a lot easier. But well, all on its own time. At the very least, it is really good that they use the fact that the OG1 mechs are already in-game to have them appear in OG2 instead of generic things like more MP Huckebeins.

Is the Chakram Shooter an equippable weapon? I don't remember it being and if you aren't going to use the Mk-II for long (and in this game, there's no reason whatsoever to do it, beyond wanting to do a challenge run), it'd be better to use that money on a weapon you could reuse, right? Too bad you don't get a Shotgun yet (I think...I don't remember poo poo about OG2, I need to replay it), those are great and always worth putting money in.

It was in the GBA games.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I was thrilled to get the Wildraubtier and the Wildschwein back. I'm wanting a new Wildschwein for the next OG game, like we got the new Wildraubtier in OG 2nd.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Hunter Noventa posted:

I was thrilled to get the Wildraubtier and the Wildschwein back. I'm wanting a new Wildschwein for the next OG game, like we got the new Wildraubtier in OG 2nd.

I don't think you get the Wildschwein for OG2? IIRC it was kind of a bust at its intent of being a proto mass produced unit for being pretty expensive and not that much better than a Gespenst, so they scrapped it later on. Really all it even is is a Huckebein with a disc thingy strapped on, which is kind of unique but eh.

Though apparently in The Inspector, Bullet and Arado were in mass-produced versions of it? That don't look much different from the MP Huckebein and don't actually seem to have the disc cutter?

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Oh poo poo, I forgot all about Echidna :eek:

edit: I forgot to mention, I really hate Lee. And not in the sense of one of those "love to hate" guys, but in the general sense of I think he's a dirtbag and no more. (Archibald might fill the "love to hate" spot, though)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gyra_Solune posted:

I don't think you get the Wildschwein for OG2? IIRC it was kind of a bust at its intent of being a proto mass produced unit for being pretty expensive and not that much better than a Gespenst, so they scrapped it later on. Really all it even is is a Huckebein with a disc thingy strapped on, which is kind of unique but eh.

Though apparently in The Inspector, Bullet and Arado were in mass-produced versions of it? That don't look much different from the MP Huckebein and don't actually seem to have the disc cutter?

This is all second-hand and stuff you hear on the internet but Bandai doesn't like how Gundam-y the Huckebein stuff looks so for the anime releases they changed stuff up, so the Wildschwein gets a MP version. The end result's the same, just some cosmetic differences.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know, I get real sick of all these characters telling the heroes "You can't protect the Earth" and not one them responds with "BITCH MY SQUAD STORMED THE WHITE STAR AND SINGLE HANDEDLY HALTED THE ALIEN INVASION! DON'T REMEMBER SEEING YOUR rear end THERE!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So the most important thing I learned from all this, is that Lee sleeps with his hat on.

It is a Nice Hat, so that is perfectly understandable.

Alacron posted:

You know, I get real sick of all these characters telling the heroes "You can't protect the Earth" and not one them responds with "BITCH MY SQUAD STORMED THE WHITE STAR AND SINGLE HANDEDLY HALTED THE ALIEN INVASION! DON'T REMEMBER SEEING YOUR rear end THERE!"

I can totally understand this. Plus it's the fact it's all these soldier types all aghast there were any losses at all when the planet is being invaded by doomsday poo poo (which, again, they did absolutely nothing about except go 'well, we could TOTALLY do a better job!').

Lee's being a bitch but at least he's also one (apparently) trying to do that job while sassing people, compared to "Why yes, we shall totally protect the world. Right after I enjoy my tea that reminds me of murder" running the Bian Fanclub.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Section Z posted:

So the most important thing I learned from all this, is that Lee sleeps with his hat on.

It is a Nice Hat, so that is perfectly understandable.

I can totally understand this. Plus it's the fact it's all these soldier types all aghast there were any losses at all when the planet is being invaded by doomsday poo poo (which, again, they did absolutely nothing about except go 'well, we could TOTALLY do a better job!').

Lee's being a bitch but at least he's also one (apparently) trying to do that job while sassing people, compared to "Why yes, we shall totally protect the world. Right after I enjoy my tea that reminds me of murder" running the Bian Fanclub.

Also Lee had his family killed by Ingram's bullshit. It's not like he wasn't fighting during the war either he was just too injured to make Operation SRW.

Seriously the Neo DC are ridiculous, they chose to hide when the aliens actually arrived (when they weren't fighting the federation with the aliens knocking on the door) and now the remnants crawl out of the dust to go "You guys can't protect the earth!"

We did a drat better job of it than they did.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
So yeah. Here is what "bombing the city" looked like in the manga:

I think Lee's rear end in a top hat-ness towards the Hagane is a little justified (just a little).

So yeah...that support thing. Why exactly did anyone think it would be a good idea to give Excellen Support Defense instead Attack?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Because hidden personality depths or whatever.

The main thing that annoys me about Neo DC in OG2 is that the non-crazy peoples' reasoning only makes sense if you treat OG1 and 2 like literal video games. From that perspective, the team in OG1 only managed to stop the White Star last game because they were at endgame levels. Come OG2 and now they've on average level 5 or so, and thus the Neo DC crew are able to put up a solid fight against them and have some legitimate basis for their claims that they could have done the same thing were they there.

Any reasonable version of this plot would have the ATX team utterly wipe the floor with Neo DC as soon as they meet up, but nope they flip the bird and then retreat. Which you'd think would still make them reconsider their opinion of the L5 veterans but hahahah nope this is SRW, if the boss retreats he may as well have won.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

I just really like the Disc Cutter. And I thought you got it in this version of OG2, it's been a while since I played my copy and my JP PS2 isn't hooked up to anything at the moment or I'd check.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

I just really like the Disc Cutter. And I thought you got it in this version of OG2, it's been a while since I played my copy and my JP PS2 isn't hooked up to anything at the moment or I'd check.
Yes, you do get the Wildschwein in this game, very soon IIRC. The original GBA version did not have it for some reason. Same goes for the Wildraubiter. What I usually did for this stage was dump Rai into the F-32 and let Latooni run wild with the MP Hucky because Rai gets something nice after the next stage.

Probably the most bizarre thing about the F-32 is that in 2nd OGs, Banpresto still gives you that piece of crap thinking someone wants to use it (and follows Latooni wherever she goes). And the kicker? It is the only F-32 in the game. Not even enemies are using it anymore! I do not understand why the F-32 is still around two games after this one, while the equally lovely SF-29 (that little space jet thingie from OG1) got dumped immediately after OG1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

I'm guessing some variation on cart space/time and effort as for why the Wildraubtier and Wildschwein weren't in GBA OG2. And, well. they're better than MP Huckebeins, but OG2 is when everyone starts getting their custom machines that are better than any grunt unit, so they're not terribly useful in the long run.

And speaking of Huckebeins...I think I just put Bullet in the Alt or something the one time I bothered to get that secret. (it is really, really not worth it unless you are doing insane completionist poo poo) It's something you actually want to upgrade, and if there aren't any retreating bosses around you don't really need Rampage Ghost that much.

• Locked thread