Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

AradoBalanga posted:

Because, unlike the Divine Crusaders, we effectively kill ALL of the Shadow Mirrors (both human and W-Series soldiers) in this game, save for one transport ship that gets destroyed in 2nd OGs.

And that one transport ship that got away and ended up somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Regarding the Shadow Mirrors, no, they have surprisingly not done that yet.

Isn't Selena effectively a 'retcon Shadow Mirror" considering everything? Not in terms of being forced into being one when she wasn't but still a loophole for Shadow Mirroring

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't Selena effectively a 'retcon Shadow Mirror" considering everything?

That was a weird fan rumor that kept sticking around despite no basis in canon. A little like Time Diver stuff.

Selena has shown up in OG and no, she's not Shadow Mirror.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

That was a weird fan rumor that kept sticking around despite no basis in canon. A little like Time Diver stuff.

Selena has shown up in OG and no, she's not Shadow Mirror.

I didn't play Dark Prison out of disinterest but my friend who did say they skirted around giving clear information. Is that inaccurate?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

ImpAtom posted:

I didn't play Dark Prison out of disinterest but my friend who did say they skirted around giving clear information. Is that inaccurate?

Clear information about what? Where Selena comes from? Last I checked she's EFA Special Forces, just like she was in the Alpha 3 background. Is that not good enough? Because I don't think Banpresto is going to work that hard to debunk a Western internet rumor they probably have no idea exists.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

Clear information about what? Where Selena comes from? Last I checked she's EFA Special Forces, just like she was in the Alpha 3 background. Is that not good enough? Because I don't think Banpresto is going to work that hard to debunk a Western internet rumor they probably have no idea exists.

Selena's backstory is intentionally vague even in Alpha 3. She is part of a destroyed Federation special forces that that is never clarified or detailed which is pretty unusual for SRW. It doesn't mean she's Shadow Mirror but her having a vague backstory that intentionally frames her as a dark hero is an intentional point of the character. It is why she goes and hangs out with ZAFT and stuff in Alpha 3. They even associate her with a version of Detestable Visitor at one point.

This isn't any proof of her being a Shadow Mirror which is indeed just a fan theory but if they decided to do something with her in OG they'll probably develop her in some way. Admittedly they need to because her A3 story is boring as hell aside from the Viletta mystery-notmystery.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 4, 2016

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Selena's backstory is intentionally vague even in Alpha 3. She is part of a destroyed Federation special forces that that is never clarified or detailed which is pretty unusual for SRW. It doesn't mean she's Shadow Mirror but her having a vague backstory that intentionally frames her as a dark hero is an intentional point of the character. It is why she goes and hangs out with ZAFT and stuff in Alpha 3. They even associate her with a version of Detestable Visitor at one point.

This isn't any proof of her being a Shadow Mirror which is indeed just a fan theory but if they decided to do something with her in OG they'll probably develop her in some way. Admittedly they need to because her A3 story is boring as hell aside from the Viletta mystery-notmystery.

Okay, but I was arguing against the idea that she was a Shadow Mirror, which is a weird and baseless fan theory.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
You know, now that I think about it, I am not sure if I should be happy or disappointed that Shadow Mirror isn't made up of the counterparts of our guys.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe VIndel could live on THROUGH THIS ARM!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ashram posted:

You know, now that I think about it, I am not sure if I should be happy or disappointed that Shadow Mirror isn't made up of the counterparts of our guys.

Are you so sure it's not? They're just not direct 1:1 evil twins. Someone in-thread already likened Axel to "rear end in a top hat Kyosuke" already, Lemon's last name is Browning (Same as Excellen's), Vindel stole Masaki's hair dye...

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ashram posted:

uhm... How do I break it to you?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

KataraniSword posted:

Are you so sure it's not? They're just not direct 1:1 evil twins. Someone in-thread already likened Axel to "rear end in a top hat Kyosuke" already, Lemon's last name is Browning (Same as Excellen's), Vindel stole Masaki's hair dye...

Did you miss that there's an actual, evil Shadow Mirror-universe Kyosuke that Axel has a hate boner for?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Son Ryo posted:

Did you miss that there's an actual, evil Shadow Mirror-universe Kyosuke that Axel has a hate boner for?

Absolutely not! But the other Shadow Mirrors have more or less blatant similarities, even if they aren't the same people. And don't worry, we'll get to meet Beowulf soon enough. There's a reason I called Axel "rear end in a top hat Kyosuke" instead of "Evil Kyosuke" like the post I was referencing did. :unsmigghh:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 5, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KataraniSword posted:

Absolutely not! But the other Shadow Mirrors have more or less blatant similarities, even if they aren't the same people. And don't worry, we'll get to meet Beowulf soon enough. There's a reason I called Axel "rear end in a top hat Kyosuke" instead of "Evil Kyosuke" like the post I was referencing did. :unsmigghh:

Axel is still pretty evil given Shadow Mirror's Goals

Wounded Land
Nov 27, 2007
Living in a greenhouse, growing crops that we can't eat...
...Actually, the longer this game goes on, the more I kinda hope Lee doesn't do the inevitable but instead sticks with us for the entire game, getting angrier and angrier at our antics, until he just quits altogether in the middle of the final stage and goes to live on a farm or something.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

No, I do mean the exact counterparts from the Shadow Mirror universe.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Mission 27, Aviano Route

We just got to Italy, I'm not planning on leaving already.

Sean: "Then, the fortunes of war go with you, Captain."
Daitetsu: "Mm. To you as well."

We have an unexpected three-way tie on the killboard. Viletta gets first place because <make up your own reason here>.

Some quick reassignments, since the game stuck everybody in a Gespenst (again). Kai goes back in the Wildschwein, Leona was already assigned to Ring's Huckebein, and I move Radha over to Leona's Guarlion Custom. I neglect to do any upgrades or equip items, which will bite me in the rear end later.

Intro

quote:

Ibis helps Tsugumi withe the Gold and Silver frames she brought from Tesla. Tsugumi has misgivings about letting a child pilot go into war piloting a mech, but Ibis can at least understand Shine's dedication to protecting what's important to her. Hearing this, Tsugumi decides to set her feelings aside; she'll protect Shine by giving her the best mech she can produce.

Ring gives Leona the Huckebein 008L for use while she's away in Paris. Leona reluctantly agrees to take it, but she, Radha, and Irm all know that Ring is planning to return and rejoin the fight.

The briefing commences for the liberation operation. The Shirogane will draw away the NDC forces while the Hagane attacks from over the Mediterranean. The Hagane's forces will likewise be divided, with a main force drawing the remaining defenders out of the city while a high-speed strike force assaults the enemy flagship. Shine unexpectedly enters and asks to be allowed to participate; Tsugumi enters with her and unveils the Fairlions, a pair of synchronized units developed for Riksent's use. The system will enable Shine and a skilled pilot to benefit from each other's abilities, and it's clear that Latooni was the one in mind while they were designed. Latooni doesn't hesitate to agree, and Daitetsu likewise consents to Shine's involvement in the mission. She, Latooni, Ryusei, and Rai will be in the strike force.

In Riksent, the NDCs detect the approaching forces. Archibald orders the roads blocked, knowing that it will leave the citizens trapped in the city.

Yuuki notices a group of soldiers moving a container to the shelter, on Archibald's orders. They tell him it's food, but say that Archibald has forbidden anyone to look inside without permission.

The NDC troops mobilize to repel the Hagane. Carla is furious that the civilians haven't been evacuated, though that's nothing to the discovery that Archibald intends to use them as human shields. When she starts to speak up, Yuuki reminds her that she's well past the point of no return - all they can do is fight to be sure that Archibald's "contingency" plans are unnecessary.

Mission 27: Supersonic Fairy

So, our objectives. Kill all the Randgriths within five turns, within four for the mastery. If any of our people step inside the city walls, it's a game over.

It's been a while since we were at Riksent. We have a small army of Randgriths inside the walls. Outside we have a few Rhinos backed up by Landlions and Barrelions, as well as a Killer Whale off to the north with a pair of Sealions (haven't seen those for a while) backing them up.

We need to lure the Randgriths out, and they have a max range of eight spaces, so we mark off a do-not-cross line.

Ibis takes point, and will keep the first Rhino occupied for a while.

I gave Radha a Shishioh Blade as well. This is probably the most damage she's ever done.

Everybody else moves up to engage the Barrelions.

On the first enemy phase the Randgriths don't move an inch. My luring strategy isn't going to work if you don't play along, guys! :mad:

We content ourselves by killing the first Rhino and its buddies.

On the second enemy phase, the enemies get with the program.

Thankfully, firing a giant graviton cannon at mechs standing in the city apparently doesn't count as fighting in the city. No complaints here.

This is why I gave Radha the Shishioh Blade.

The others all move up and we chip away at the closest ones. At this point it takes two or three attacks to kill a Randgrith, so with two full turns left for the mastery we should be pretty well placed.

Also, Tetsuya yells at you periodically to hurry it up. :byodood:

It's now Turn 3 and we are going to kaboom the gently caress out of these guys.

Awwww yeah. I love this weapon.

At this rate we'll have these guys cleared out in no time!

Wait, what?

So that one corner of the wall that Kai stepped onto counted as entering the city. :psyduck: Riksent is a no-fun zone.

Once more, with less failure.

The Huckebein is unfortunately not working wonders for Leona without upgrades. I seriously need to shift the Cyberbrain over to her or something.

But at least she can hit things with a big metal ball.

The killing continues. The Killer Whale up in the north is starting to move towards us, so I send Arado out to intercept.

Turn 3, enemy phase:

Archibald: "Heheh... it seems the Hagane won't move on the city."
Yuuki: (Are we sure about that?)
Archibald: "Continue, everyone. I'll reward the one who sinks that ship."

We clear out a couple more, but those Randgriths in the back row are just out of range of our better weapons.

Which is annoying as hell, and Leona dies once or twice trying to bring them down.

Eventually it's the Hagane, Radha's railgun, and the Gustlander's long-range cannons that save the day for us.

:toot:

Scene

quote:

The Fairlions arrive and cause quite a stir by making short work of first enemy to try and stop them. Ryusei and Rai arrive shortly thereafter; Archibald taunts Rai, but Rai ignores him and follows Shine and Latooni into the city.

When he discovers that Shine is piloting a Fairlion, Archibald decides it's time to unveil his trump card. He orders the Hagane's pilots to disarm at once, or he will detonate the bomb he's placed within the city. He's unmoved by accusations of cowardice, or even the discovery that Arado is still alive after all. In fact, everybody's horrified reactions only excite him, and he decides to detonate the bomb anyway.

Or try, anyway, as it immediately turns out that the detonator has malfunctioned. Without missing a beat Yuuki moves to engage the Hagane's forces, leaving Archibald no time to respond - though he doesn't miss the implications.

Well, that was something. Our new objective is to destroy Archibald's Rhinoceros, and I guess Shine has now given us permission to fight in her city, so we can move around with impunity. In addition to the troops we've been trying to clean up, we now have another pack of R-Eins and Heavy Barrelions in the middle of the city.

Here we have our lovely Fairlions. They're probably the smallest and lightest units in the game outside of the basic fighter ets, but they're also among the fastest - and on top of that, they have an E-Field to reduce damage, After-Image for avoiding attacks, and a Jammer for disabling missiles, which all combines to make them very hard to kill once they get going. Shine and Latooni both entered with 130 morale, so we can take advantage of their defensive abilities from the outset.

Speaking of Shine, she has Foresight (dodge bonus on the enemy phase), Fortune (extra money from kills), and Mental (cheaper spirits), along with Support Attack.

As we've seen, the Fairlions also have our first new combination attack of OG2, Royal Heartbreakers. This attack is great and I will hear no disagreement. :colbert:

That said, we won't be using it again this mission, because the Fairlions are already going to exhaust their limited weapon energy in no time.

The Rolling Cannon is ammo based, and does a decent amount of damage for being their weakest weapon.

While the Vostok Laser has better damage and longer range, but is also quite an energy drain.

The Hagane still has that last Rhino and Killer Whale to deal with, but a turn of focused fire will take care of them, and then they can join the fun.

The guy who's in the most danger, as usual, is Rai, since he can't dodge or tank worth poo poo in the R-2. Latooni and Shine will basically dodge-tank the entire enemy formation for him, with Ryusei providing some incidental punchy support.

There's virtually no risk of the girls being hit, but they are nearly out of energy after only a turn. Luckily, they've done some reasonable damage in the process (and the Roll Cannons can still be used to finish weak enemies off). So we whittle away the Barrelions and R-Eins for a couple turns.

Shine's taking to the whole stabby-stabby thing remarkably well.

Through all of this, Archibald is chilling in the back in his Rhinoceros.

Shine: "Now get out of my kingdom!"
Archibald: "Heh, heh heh... such an impudent child needs to be punished. I'll smash you, and your shiny new toy!"

No real risk there.

We're actually not going after Archibald here, though, for special reasons.

Instead we're going after Yuuki. Knocking either him or Carla (or Archie) below 70% will end the mission, which can be a bit annoying when you lose track of which R-Eins in the sea of R-Eins is theirs and counterattack when you didn't want to.

But that's not a problem here.

Secret Mechs (complete)
Step 1: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 8
Step 2: Force Yuuki and Carla to retreat on Mission 8
Step 3: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 9
Step 4: Have Bullet fight Yuuki on Mission 13
Step 5: Shoot down Yuuki or Carla on Mission 27 (Aviano route)

Yuuki: "Tch, at this rate we'll be overwhelmed!"

Archibald launches in an R-Eins.
Archibald: "So disappointing. Princess Shine finally returns, and I'm betrayed by my own subordinate."
Carla: "Huh!?"
Yuuki: "....."
Archibald: "All units, I'm afraid we must abandon the Duchy of Riksent. Withdraw from the combat zone at once."

Rai: "...! Archibald!"
Archibald: "Activating ASRS. Another time, Raidiese."

Archibald withdraws.
Carla: "Major!?"
Yuuki: "We need to go too, Carla."
Carla: "But---"
Yuuki: "This battle was lost the moment we decided to rely on that trump card."
Carla: "Yuu. You didn't..."

Yuuki: "...Let's go."
Carla: "O-Okay!"

They withdraw as well, and Daitetsu orders the pilots to let them leave. The safety of the city and palace are the first priority.

There are actually a large number of battle quotes here, but nearly all of them involve people who start at the opposite end of the map from the person they're supposed to fight.

Yuuki

quote:

Rai: "The detonator. Was that you?"
Yuuki: "Did you say something? I fight enemies, I don't talk with them."

quote:

Yuuki: "I never I thought we'd find you alive."
Arado: "Lieutenant Yuuki, stand down! I don't want to fight you!"
Yuuki: "Don't lower your guard to the enemy. This time you really might die."
Arado: "Ugh..."

Carla

quote:

Carla: "Arado! What are you doing on the Hagane!?"
Arado: "I've got to free Seolla too... but that's not the only reason! I can't let that Archibald guy do whatever he wants!"
Carla: "A-Arado?"
Arado: "You know what I mean, don't you, Lieutenant Ricarla!?"
Carla: "...!"

Archibald

quote:

Ryusei: "You're out of tricks! Time to pay for your crimes!"
Archibald: "That may be true... for today. But I have no intention of dying here."

quote:

Rai: "For my sister, and everyone you've killed... It's time for a reckoning."
Archibald: "Such a sad misunderstanding, Raidiese. After all, I wasn't the one who killed your dear sister-in-law. And who are you to lecture me on the deaths of others?"
Rai: "....."

quote:

Leona: "You... what you've done can never be forgiven!"
Archibald: "Oh? Do you have a vendetta against me as well?"
Leona: "Have you forgotten Elpis?"
Archibald: "Ah, a colonist, then. Or a member of the Branstein house?"
Leona: "Yes. Leona Garstein!"
Archibald: "Of the branch family, then... I suppose it's only natural, in that case."

quote:

Archibald: "It takes admirable courage to defy your old superior, Arado Balanga."
Arado: "I'm not afraid of you!"
Archibald: "The penalty for treason is death. But perhaps an opportunity awaits us both, should we meet again..."
Arado: "What? What are you talking about!?"
Archibald: "No, that's enough of that. For now, show me how you've grown..."

quote:

Latooni: "I will keep the princess safe!"
Archibald: "...! Now I see. I thought it strange that the Princess could pilot a mech, but you've been guiding her by a thread all this time."
Latooni: "....."
Archibald: "Then I'll deal with you first!"

Closing

quote:

Shine runs to find Joyce, and is relieved to learn that her people are safe. However, she knows that the NDCs will be moving on other countries in the future, and because of that, she has another request...

The pilots marvel over the Fairlions, and "marvel" over their design. Latooni doesn't seem sold on piloting it, but abruptly changes her mind when Ryusei tells her that the mech suits her. The two of them get their picture taken with the mech, to Irm's great interest.

The Hagane has lost track of Archibald's forces, but will most likely be pursuing them as their next move. Shine asks Daitetsu to let her join the crew; she can't sit by while other countries are at risk, from the Divine Crusaders or the alien invaders. After making sure that she's aware of the implications, the captain agrees.

Aboard their submarine, Archibald asks Yuuki for an explanation for what just happened; Yuuki's only response is that he was obeying Colonel Van's instructions. Archibald has him put in solitary confinement, and swears that he will have his revenge - both on the Hagane, and on Shine.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
"Shine's taking to the whole stabby-stabby thing remarkably well."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4fpoLiSxE&t=34s

I love how even the psychopathic Archibald is all "What the gently caress am I even looking at?!"

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Despite their goofy popstar attacks (that looks like a Sailor Moon attack with robots), Latooni and Shine's Fairlion theme is one of my favorite tracks. I had forgotten it'd taken this far into the game to see it.

I also like how Archibald's just kind of "whatever" to both his detonator malfunctioning and Yuuki's betrayal. Lee would be making GBS threads kittens if he was in that role.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I love the mission briefing for this stage. You can just hear everyone's brains slamming on the brakes when Shine says she's joining the mission as an active pilot. :allears:

My only minor nitpick with this stage is that Lee is stuck being the distraction off-screen so we don't get his reaction to the Fairlions. When I first played this, I expected that he'd be part of Shine's group, but no, he's off doing his own stuff during this mission.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Shine basically used her kingdoms vast wealth to buy super tricked out stab fighters. Fragile but loaded with as much advanced poo poo as possible so they are surprisingly strong. really have to upgrade their energy and put on energy boosting items for max good.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

AradoBalanga posted:

My only minor nitpick with this stage is that Lee is stuck being the distraction off-screen so we don't get his reaction to the Fairlions. When I first played this, I expected that he'd be part of Shine's group, but no, he's off doing his own stuff during this mission.

On the other hand, it's funny how Lee's role finally goes off without a hitch when none of our people are involved. Let's face it, we're bad luck.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

The Fairlions' biggest, biggest problem is range. Rolling Cannon and Volstok Laser are both too weak to rely on in the endgame and their Sonic Driver is range 1, so it's worthless for counters. RHB ends up being their grunt sweeper, which means they run out of juice really fast.

...so I usually end up giving them the Boost Hammer and the G-Impact Stake. No one else needs them as badly, and since Latooni and Shine are both melee-focused they can get some good use out of them. Just make sure that Latooni ends up with the G-Impact Stake so you're not cratering Shine's will with constant resupplys.

By the way, a note for the future. Shine has that big crush on Rai (level 3 Love, completely one-sided) and she gets that bonus even if Rai's in the SRX. Subpilots count for relationship bonuses, I tested it pretty thoroughly. Use this to your advantage.

And yeah, the original Huckebein really took a beating from the nerf bat when it became a regular unit instead of a secret one. Losing all those S ranks hurt. It's still got Double Image and Leona's the best one to get up the will quickly to use it, but she'll die in one or two hits. So...have fun with that, she's not getting a better unit for a long, long time.

MarsDragon fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 7, 2016

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Hell, I just give the Fairlions a rifle of some sort each (sometimes a Machine Gun, if I'm feeling particularly :black101:). Another big weakness of that pair is that until you bring her up a few levels - Shine is not a very good pilot. I found her to be worse than Ibis at dodging. :sigh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MarsDragon posted:

The Fairlions' biggest, biggest problem is range. Rolling Cannon and Volstok Laser are both too weak to rely on in the endgame and their Sonic Driver is range 1, so it's worthless for counters. RHB ends up being their grunt sweeper, which means they run out of juice really fast.

...so I usually end up giving them the Boost Hammer and the G-Impact Stake. No one else needs them as badly, and since Latooni and Shine are both melee-focused they can get some good use out of them. Just make sure that Latooni ends up with the G-Impact Stake so you're not cratering Shine's will with constant resupplys.

By the way, a note for the future. Shine has that big crush on Rai (level 3 Love, completely one-sided) and she gets that bonus even if Rai's in the SRX. Subpilots count for relationship bonuses, I tested it pretty thoroughly. Use this to your advantage.

And yeah, the original Huckebein really took a beating from the nerf bat when it became a regular unit instead of a secret one. Losing all those S ranks hurt. It's still got Double Image and Leona's the best one to get up the will quickly to use it, but she'll die in one or two hits. So...have fun with that, she's not getting a better unit for a long, long time.

Oh, I don't know, she's got at least one good unit coming before too long. If only good for a very specific weapon/spell combo, if one that is less valuable in OGs.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Shine is not a pure combat pilot. She's combat support. She's got Bless/Cheer/Rouse, tons of SP, and a dodgy machine loaded with defense abilities so she's hard to kill. She's not a shitwrecker, she's there so you can decide if you want to deploy her and get a light combat pilot who can also cast Bless/Cheer, spend more deployment slots on Russel+Radha to get more support spirits at the cost of less actual damage, or deploy another combat pilot at the cost of losing money/exp.

She does have problems - her will gains are garbage in OG2 and don't get fixed until OGG, her stats are low, her spirits are expensive, and she doesn't have many free skill slots. On the other hand, her natural skills are good, she gets three levels of support attack, Synchro is there to fix her stats (pair her with Latooni for a dodge bonus, Arado for a melee bonus), decent relationships, Bless/Cheer, and RHB is only 110 will. She does get a lot more stats at higher levels, but OG2 and OGG have a low enough level average you're not going to get much benefit out of that. It does help in 2ndOG, though.

I did some tests on the final boss and playing with her bonuses. I think over the course of a turn her four RHBs (three supports, one from her), if you stack on all the bonuses she can get, will get her over the damage Sanger can do in one shot. (that was after twinning with Sanger and using Synchro, so +5% melee damage and Sanger's melee stat, plus a 16% bonus from being next to the SRX, but RHB wasn't fully upgraded and Sanger was)

EDIT:

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I don't know, she's got at least one good unit coming before too long. If only good for a very specific weapon/spell combo, if one that is less valuable in OGs.

Yeah, Kai's the better choice for that until he gets his secret unit, and by then you have Leona's upgrade which is more useful than that combo in the long run. You'd need the Graviton Launcher on the secret unit to make it suit Leona anyway, but then you might as well put Leona back in her Guarlion with the upgrades that carry anyway.

MarsDragon fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 7, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Viletta's at the top of the kill chart cause she's the best :colbert:

...although I still wish I could put Time Diver as her music, like in Alpha/Alpha Gaiden.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
The Royal Heartbreaker is the greatest combination attack, and the Fairlions are amazing. :allears:

Also Latooni's crush on Ryusei is cute, and I'm glad it never gets creepy.

...Meanwhile Carla and Yuuki are the dumbest. Hey, you're working for a terrorist who was about to blow up a city just because. YOU ARE NOT THE GOOD GUYS.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 7, 2016

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

legoman727 posted:

The Royal Heartbreaker is the greatest combination attack, and the Fairlions are amazing. :allears:

...Meanwhile Carla and Yuuki are the dumbest. Hey, you're working for a terrorist who was about to blow up a city just because. YOU ARE NOT THE GOOD GUYS.

Agreed on all counts. I'd go so far as to say that ANYONE who associates with Archibald is either pure evil, or just the densest motherfuckers on the planet. Dude would be more at home chilling out with Killer the Butcher than the DCs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

legoman727 posted:

I mean, Carla does keep trying to call Archibald out every time he does anything ever and even tried calling Yuuki out for going along with it this time. She still doesn't actually do anything about it but she at least seems to realise her team's not one of the good ones.

Also, Shine is cool and this seemed like a very silly chapter in all the best ways. :allears:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

And the Inspector anime continues the tradition of making these scenes even more ridiculous than they were in the game, this time by giving Archibald an ugly-rear end machine not seen anywhere else.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I don't think I have ever seen so many screenshots for a single attack animation. Royal Heartbreaker gets the treatment it deserves. :allears:

As for the W-I^3NK System's name (what does that acronym even mean?), I'm half expecting an upgrade some day that gets the KIRA^2 or kirakira system.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just in case you made the mistake of starting to take OGs seriously, the Fairlions are here to fix that. :allears:

legoman727 posted:

Like I've said before, Sunk Cost Fallacy. Massive, massive sunk costs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fair warning: an unit that will appear in the game but has not appeared yet gets a cameo in the video. It's easy to miss, though.

Also IIRC the Gravilion (yes, it is called that, and yes, it is a reference to that) was meant to appear in OGs but it never did for some reason.

And Royal Heart Breaker is amazing. There's one thing I like better but...we'll see it later.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

GimmickMan posted:

I don't think I have ever seen so many screenshots for a single attack animation. Royal Heartbreaker gets the treatment it deserves. :allears:

As for the W-I^3NK System's name (what does that acronym even mean?), I'm half expecting an upgrade some day that gets the KIRA^2 or kirakira system.

Careful what you wish for, you might get the LOVE^2 System instead.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Then there's that video on youtube where someone hacked Sanger and Ratsel into Shine and Latooni's places and had them use RHB. It's the most magical goddamn thing there is. Might be a little spoilery, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz0nBQyWOsA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

I don't think they've ever given it an official meaning beyond the whole reference-to-an-idol-group joke. I guess you can assume the W is Double but no idea beyond that.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

legoman727 posted:

Dr Pepper posted:

Like I've said before, Sunk Cost Fallacy. Massive, massive sunk costs.

There is another, decent way to explain it: they both know Colonel Van is a good person, and so they're both probably hoping that he'll step in and arrest Archibald once he fails to sufficiently cover up his whole "murder everything" shtick; alas, they don't know just how much pull people other than Van actually have with the DC, and so they don't know that Archibald has enough support to ditch the DC and go murder people for someone else if he really wants to.

Besides, it isn't like the Federation doesn't have its own poisonous elements to discourage people from joining, considering that they're planning a coup right now. Everyone who isn't an rear end in a top hat is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place at this point.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also IIRC the Gravilion (yes, it is called that, and yes, it is a reference to that)

You say that, and yet my mind keeps parsing it as "Gravy Lion" because the thing is about as good looking and useful as a goddamn gravy boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also IIRC the Gravilion (yes, it is called that, and yes, it is a reference to that) was meant to appear in OGs but it never did for some reason.
It was supposedly meant for the original GBA games, but due to a variety of possible reasons (we have never found out the official reason, like many things in this franchise) ranging from time to cartridge limitations to basically being a pathetic Granzon-lite, it got cut. How it would up in Obari's lap for The Inspector is also a mystery. Of course that didn't stop Obari for going to great lengths when adapting a later mission in OG2 to make a one-off joke about the Gravilion, up to and including casting two specific voice actors in cameo roles.

• Locked thread