Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Just chiming in to say that I love this series, and it is good to see a translated LP to know what is going on in the scenes that are new or differ from the GBA games.

Also, I guess my name is technically a spoiler :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Silvergun1000 posted:

Excellen is easily my favourite character in the OGs series. Sure, some of the fan-service stuff is dumb, but her taunting enemies and making them lose their poo poo never gets old.

When she's not too busy getting mind controlled, she's probably the funniest character in the game is which the main reason I like her. Doesn't hurt that the Weissritter is one of the coolest looking mechs either.

I am obligated to agree with this, especially the last statement.

Still, she is one of my favorite characters in the franchise precisely for the reasons stated.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Perfect time to be catching up on the thread, it seems.

Silvergun1000 posted:

I'm not sure if they use the line in OGS, but in OG1, Excellen calling the impending nuclear strike 'celebration fireworks' is probably my favourite line in the game.

Makes me wonder what she will call a meteor strike.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Give Katina and Russel the R-Gun and the Giganscudo. They fit them pretty well.

Going with this!

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Ok this is pretty great. :allears:

It really is :allears:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Excellen getting all excited that she has a new friend to mess with is honestly one of my favourite parts of OG2, partially cause it's Excellen at her best. My favourite part unsurprisingly involves Ryoto.

It really is, especially since said new friend goes along with it not knowing any better.

MarsDragon posted:

You get the improved Angelg no matter what. Your choices are between a decent unit you can put anyone in or a monster only Lamia can have. Back on the GBA I liked the open unit better, but some changes in OGS make the other secret better now.

I actually prefer the Angelg for thematic reasons, though I am not sure how strong mechanically it compares to the secret units she gets.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I guess I can understand Filio's objection to weaponizing the project, but it seems he is against against any sort of weapons on it. It kind of makes sense you would want weapons on even what is supposed to be an exploration unit after the existence of hostile aliens are confirmed.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

I remember going into Alpha 3 blind and being very surprised when Battle 7 actually dodged attacks.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Lamia posted:

Come. You requested a combat test? I'm in a foul mood, after watching your manner. I don't know why this noise clouds my processes... so please don't hold this against me.

:black101:

They are definitely rubbing off on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Excellen :allears:

:smith:

• Locked thread