Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Matlock posted:

Has SAS seen anything of this level since Benoit?

I remember the Pistorius threads were pretty big around the time of.

Granted it was mostly thirty posts a minute making variations on "he doesn't have a leg to stand on" but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

SporkOfTruth posted:

Some internet sleuthing done by someone else seems to indicate he's actually 20 and his website hasn't been updated in a few years.

I suppose that's slightly better, in a minuscule cosmic way. :smith:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I wonder how that even works. You know none of your talent is at work at 2 am for a breaking story like this, do they just find some schmuck intern to read the prompt or is there a bullpen of JV anchors waiting for their big chance?

My understanding is that news networks have a skeleton crew on staff at all times with the ability to call in more staff in an emergency, and that will include an anchor/reporter for on camera stuff. I would assume espn would do something similar or piggyback off of abc news's setup.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I don't remember what event it was, but when the on call system fails you get Anderson Cooper broadcasting live from his apartment or some poo poo.

Now I wanna look that up, I swear that's happened before.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

To me this reads like hospital speak for "welp he's dead but we can't say anything"

That would be the line they would use before notification and confirmation. He's probably dead, if the helicopter cancellation is true.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

There will be other angles. I reckon they won't show up on YouTube, but will show up at trial.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I don't know what's more sad, that someone wrote that about Benoit or that you saved it.

Nah, it's the guy who wrote it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Anyone who thinks tony wanted to murder that guy is stupid.

If he is indeed dead.

Wanted to kill him is irrelevant. He killed him, and appeared to intentionally divert to at least scare him. He's going to jail or he's going to kill himself tonight.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Emanuel Collective posted:

I'm not a fancy NASCAR driver or anything but if I had just killed someone at my job I'd probably not go in the next day

Vince Russo worked the Raw after Over the Edge so I think it's ok??

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine Tony racing tomorrow. And winning.

His lawyer would absolutely not let him do that.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

davecrazy posted:

If I'm the DA in bumfuck upstate New York I wait till he's in his car on the starting line then seen the local law man onto the track to arrest him.

That'll be what happens in the made for TV movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

priznat posted:

Approximately how many jumps are there on the Glen? Not enough I'm sure.

The other drivers will just have to contribute for the sake of spectacle.

• Locked thread