Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't know, I do think Stewart needs to take a step back, and consider where to go from here in the event that this isn't as bad on his part as we all believed.

I do believe that maybe the guy should consider hanging it up in that department. He's gotten seriously injured in one race last year, and now he's killed someone (directly or indirectly). His love for dirt track racing could be shown in the ways he's already shown. Fielding teams for other drivers and running Eldora. He doesn't truly need to run in events like this any more.

If it's something like "The Chili Bowl" or something? Sure I can see that, but aside from that...dude's not putting himself in a good situation.

I still get the vibe from Ward that there's a good chance that Stewart was his racing idol growing up. I think that makes this whole situation all the more sad really.

One can also say "Well death is a part of racing". True, that doesn't instantly make any type of loss we see within the community any less painful.
This is what happens when someone Just Doesn't Understand Indianapolis.

On another note, the CBC did the best job of explaining the incident and not sensationalizing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

You're right, he could be doing more productive things with his time.

Like learning to fly a helicopter ala Davey Allison, or going to a bar, like Rob Moroso.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

you keep bringing up the Indy 500 like it's some kind of massive thing to win

it is, but things like the Kings Royal or the National Open or some poo poo are way bigger

also you know man, the Indy 500 is still loving dangerous

[urlhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgoBHr3BWgE]dude only broke his back a little bit here[/url]

• Locked thread