Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yeah I wish they had a way to get a specific character. Like let me pay 2x as much cash or tokens so I can get a Luke Harper or whoever. Also wish there was a lower chance to get guys you already have, I swear something like half of my token boxes have been for Cesaro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I've had cesaro three times

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
is there a wwe champion tier list because I got cena at 2* silver but I pulled a bubba Ray at the same rarity and I'm not sure who I should be investing in. cenas 3 initial moves have good synergy and do good damage but bubba got protect gems and those seem strong

also bubba is attitude era which is needed for a couple things so maybe that's another in his favor

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's a tier list from Reddit. It's funny how some of the best characters are the free ones.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
So I did a stupid thing and decided to buy the $9.99 Shane McMahon thing awhile back.

But with the money I've been getting, I finally have a proper tag team after getting stardust like 3 times.

https://i.imgur.com/dYlRr6T.jpg

It's an interesting combo. I'll usually throw out bubba first because he has protect gems. I'll only take 1 damage a turn once that gets going. Then bring in D-von to clean up. His finisher takes so much to charge up though.

I also got the prime time players for my free pulls during the campaign. Not sure if I want to invest in enhancing them though now that I have 2*s

Lazer fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 18, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i hate that nxt rollins is so good b/c i already got striker rollins and i hate usin doubles. I got Kofi drawn at 2* gold tho so I guess he will be my focus acrobat. Shame about Orndorff tho

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

MotU posted:

i hate that nxt rollins is so good b/c i already got striker rollins and i hate usin doubles. I got Kofi drawn at 2* gold tho so I guess he will be my focus acrobat. Shame about Orndorff tho

Did they nerf NXT Rollins a little bit? I recall him being able to change three gems at one point instead of two.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got the Nathan Drake collecton because i bought the uncharted ps4 bundle on a sale.

Uncharted 1 loving sucks, the series gets better or should i trade the games and get persona 5?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I got the Nathan Drake collecton because i bought the uncharted ps4 bundle on a sale.

Uncharted 1 loving sucks, the series gets better or should i trade the games and get persona 5?

It gets a lot better but all of them combined aren't as good as Persona 5

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

It gets a lot better but all of them combined aren't as good as Persona 5

Thank you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

2 and 4 are the best, though I liked them all.

Really, though, there's little reason to play through them all as they're very samey. Just play 4 and you're good to go.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

all the uncharted games are good actually

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Uncharted is the happy medium between Metal Gear Solid/Soul Reaver levels of characters chattering constantly and mindless action games.

I am still not through Uncharted 1 in that collection but it's a solidly great game by 2007 standards, with some scenery work that still holds up.

Boy howdy I have murdered a lot of goons though. So many loving goons.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

dont even fink about it posted:

Uncharted is the happy medium between Metal Gear Solid/Soul Reaver levels of characters chattering constantly and mindless action games.

I am still not through Uncharted 1 in that collection but it's a solidly great game by 2007 standards, with some scenery work that still holds up.

Boy howdy I have murdered a lot of goons though. So many loving goons.

There is a point where cinematic story telling conflicts with gameplay and uncharted is basically right at that point for me. They are trying to tell this Indiana Jones style light hearted action adventure with a snarky hero and his on again off again girlfriend but his kill count approaches the level of minor wars. They were all pretty fun to play though, the first one being something of a slog though even when it came out.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just noticed a big update to Champions. The rewards from VS Mode are now much more generous. Even the lowest ranks give a lot of tokens. Getting into Lightweight League (which shouldn't be too hard for most folks) nets you two 2* tokens and eight to nine 1* tokens.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

There is a point where cinematic story telling conflicts with gameplay and uncharted is basically right at that point for me. They are trying to tell this Indiana Jones style light hearted action adventure with a snarky hero and his on again off again girlfriend but his kill count approaches the level of minor wars. They were all pretty fun to play though, the first one being something of a slog though even when it came out.

Yeah, later enemies in Uncharted 1 are bullet-sponges without them trimming down the amount of baddies to account for how much longer each is likely to stick around.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I can't speak on the older games, but my approach to Uncharted 4 was to stealth kill everything whenever possible in freeform encounters and run 'n' gun like a madman in forced encounters. The AI is pretty decent at flanking so sticking to cover for too long can be a death sentence.

Persona 5 is amazing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Delsaber posted:

I can't speak on the older games, but my approach to Uncharted 4 was to stealth kill everything whenever possible in freeform encounters and run 'n' gun like a madman in forced encounters. The AI is pretty decent at flanking so sticking to cover for too long can be a death sentence.

Persona 5 is amazing.

Nah, that's basically the way to play every one after 2, and The Last Of Us as well.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

EDIT - I just noticed the dates. "poo poo, we forgot Sandman!"

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
For anyone who bounced off of Champions, it feels like they've seriously fixed drop rates. I'm getting 2* and 3* tokens dropping from breaking boxes in game with far more frequency (still not super often, but even at all is a big improvement).

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Help, I've been playing 2k17 for Ps4 for a couple weeks and I'm a big dumb idiot who doesn't understand the new pinning system. Like, it's impossible for me to kick out.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Muddy Burphy posted:

Help, I've been playing 2k17 for Ps4 for a couple weeks and I'm a big dumb idiot who doesn't understand the new pinning system. Like, it's impossible for me to kick out.

Ever play golf games? Pretty much the same mechanic as most of them. Just press the button when the ball or whatever is in the shaded part.

EDIT - Forget the ball thing, I haven't played in ages I was thinking of previous years. But to kick out you have to press your button when the meter fills up to the shaded area. It's all timing, no button mashing. If your wrestler has one of the attributes (I wanna say "resilience" but, again, it's been a while), you can press another button during a pin to make the kick out target area on the meter larger so it's easier to hit. You can only use that once per match, IIRC.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 21, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

You can also upgrade resilience to do it twice in a match if your playing MyCareer. But yeah, just press X when the icon swings into the green (yellow?) area.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've had some good luck with Champions today. I unlocked Sticker Rollins, Striker Goldust and Sheamus. This game may be poo poo and cook my phone, but it has some good days.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

I've had some good luck with Champions today. I unlocked Sticker Rollins, Striker Goldust and Sheamus. This game may be poo poo and cook my phone, but it has some good days.

striker rollins is stupid good hes been my MVP since i got him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

You can also upgrade resilience to do it twice in a match if your playing MyCareer. But yeah, just press X when the icon swings into the green (yellow?) area.

Green most of the time, it's yellow when the pin is a cradle or something that could be reversed into your own pin, because then there's also a very narrow green bit that if you hit, causes the reversal.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MotU posted:

striker rollins is stupid good hes been my MVP since i got him

Bleeding status is OP :argh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Got another good pull with Trickster Ambrose. I nearly doubled my 2* bronze count in a day.

Also, someone made a website for the game. It's in progress, but you get to see some unreleased characters.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Liar Lyre posted:

Got another good pull with Trickster Ambrose. I nearly doubled my 2* bronze count in a day.

Also, someone made a website for the game. It's in progress, but you get to see some unreleased characters.

lol Striker Rollins + Trickster Ambrose is like the best combo because both are ridiculously good cards + the tag bonus of additional damage from the Shield make Rollins obliterate everything with Gray gems

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Dropped another 400 cash on a pull because I'm desperate for another strongman and I'm too loving stupid to learn. OH BOY I REALLY NEEDED MORE loving TP FOR NXT REIGNS!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The Trickster Rollins in the Payback event is absolutely loving destroying me. It's impossible to deny purple when he's got 2 moves that generate it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sheamus has become my new go to character. Great damage, has a heal ability, quick charge on his moves. I love him

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The past three token chests I've opened have had Big Show in there, despite me already having him. If the next one I open has Show, I'm done with this game.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
This is the first match-three game I've ever played where getting a cascade is actually a bad thing. I've lost count of the number of times I've got an easily-kicked-out-of rollup and handed the turn to the opponent while having enough power to hit my own finisher.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Julio Cruz posted:

This is the first match-three game I've ever played where getting a cascade is actually a bad thing. I've lost count of the number of times I've got an easily-kicked-out-of rollup and handed the turn to the opponent while having enough power to hit my own finisher.

Yep. I've had extra turns stacked up but woah, wait buddy you gotta go for that 600 point schoolboy. An option to go for the pin would be nice, might add some strategy.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
They've added some really cool characters lately that I know I'll never get so that's just loving awesome. Samoa Joe and regular Finn have their actual moves! But no I'm stuck with COO HHH who uses diamond cutter and chokehold.

(HHH really is a beast though, his black gems hit for over 1000 each at level 50)

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like a Beta is going on for Champions. Nothing crazy to report, but here is a write up from reddit.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

My prayers have finally been answered! Token pull just got me another Powerhouse!

I mean its Titus, but I guess I can make the PTP now that I got both of them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

My prayers have finally been answered! Token pull just got me another Powerhouse!

I mean its Titus, but I guess I can make the PTP now that I got both of them.

Makin' moves, makin' moves, makin' triple gem moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Sent a faction join request as Halverine