Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«365 »
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

no get out of here trix rabbit

Just saw an interesting 2K18 glitch on nL's universe stream. Becky Lynch beat Carmella then after the match Carmella got attacked by a ghost and Becky ran said ghost off.

It's .... it's certainly something that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

Testekill posted:

Just saw an interesting 2K18 glitch on nL's universe stream. Becky Lynch beat Carmella then after the match Carmella got attacked by a ghost and Becky ran said ghost off.

Ghost Problems!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

PONYTAR
PONYTAR
PONYTAR

Don't worry, it was just John Cena

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

This is what I meant by randomized earlier. Destiny is a game feature and is always turned on, full stop. However, if you look at an individual worker in a database, you can see where they have an actual starting potential rating that can be set to none, low, medium, or high, and it has an effect on variance of their stats/caps as separate from the hidden "destiny" modifier.

Yeah, I checked their 'potential' settings, of the ones I checked, they were all set to 'random'.
I just never quite got how 'Destiny' was different than 'potential' mechanically speaking.

Edit: La Parka and Terry Funk have great chemistry as a tag team. This makes me very happy.
Also Rey Mysterio Jr. and Dave Taylor, but that's more of a curiosity.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2018 around 16:58

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Potential is about the degree to which their skills can improve, whereas destiny is about what the “floor” of their popularity is, iirc. That is, a character with high destiny will reach a high overness and stay there even when they’re not given a Hogan “win every match” push (or are out, as with injury or taking time off). I think you can still bury them but they’ll recover more easily.

As I understand it, the way you determine destiny is the Next Big Thing tab in fed overview. There’s a post on the TEW forums that goes over how to read those tea leaves (I think the game will only evaluate workers with midcard pushes and below)but I can’t remember where it is. All I remember is that “born to be the face of a company” indicates 90+ destiny. Those are the guys you want to build up to the high card.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

Yeah I've read and utilized that post extensively. I just figured that was part of potential.

Fauxhawk Express
Oct 28, 2007

I'M THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Testekill posted:

I thought that was loving hilarious. Watching them break 2K18 has certainly been more entertaining than playing that pile of garbage would've been.

almost as great was SURPRISE BRIAN KENDRICK on the SD episode afterward

Fauxhawk Express fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2018 around 02:30

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The recent 2k games are a sizable improvement over past years in all but one thing, they are still not very fun to play at all.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The loading times alone have reached Sonic '06 proportions. Like I'd honestly put up with a lot of this poo poo more easily if every single thing didn't require a progress bar.

(Yeah, I bought this thing. It was on sale. I know that is no excuse.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

Testekill posted:

It's just CIWW superstar The Invisible Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

So that WCW 2000 game probably just torpedoed.
Long story short: TNT and TBS won't negotiate with me, but because I'm under the Time Warner Media Group I can't negotiate with anybody with conflicting coverage.
Now I can edit things so TNT and TBS will negotiate but even then neither does PPVs and I can't negotiate with a PPV broadcaster in any region with conflicting coverage.
My lone option here seems to be to rewrite TNT and TBS to cover nowhere then make deals with other networks.

Or I can play the more polished WCW Lives mod, which is actually designed for TEW 2016 and is a better mod overall.
Torpedoes my plans of counter-programing WM 17 with La Parka winning the world title though.

«365 »