Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«399 »
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

KoldPT posted:

.net core is real
i mean sure but the majority of the work in a rewrite would be recreating the ui and core won’t help with making that cross platform, you’d still need to write the frontend in electron or w/e

E: maybe you could do the whole thing in xamarin? idk

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at Dec 10, 2018 around 13:31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

TEW2020 update 1: Child Companies mode (aka NXT/Evolve/etc mode)

quote:

#1: Playing as child companies

A new addition to the game is the ability for the user to play as the owner or booker of another promotion's child company. This mode works in the same way as running a normal company, except that the player must deal with several extra challenges - primarily that the parent can send workers there for development, call workers up, fire workers, and has the final say on all matters which means that they can, for example, block certain actions that the child company wishes to take. They do, however, have the advantage of not having to worry too much about finances (as any profit or loss is absorbed by the parent and so it's impossible to go bankrupt), although the parent is not going to be happy if the financial performance is overly poor.

The child company has the option of whether to proactively sign talent or just utilise the workers they are provided with by the parent. However, they have no power to fire workers who have been sent there on developmental contracts and so must be very careful about roster management, especially when it comes to negative influences.

This mode is unrestricted in that the player can run a child company regardless of whether the parent is human or AI controlled. If the parent is AI controlled, they will always give the child a warning ahead of time if they are planning to call someone up, giving the user time to switch any titles, do a farewell match, etc. If the parent is human-controlled then it is entirely up to that player - they are free to do things without warning if they so wish.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It'd be cool if the owner's personality determined how much(if any) warning you got before a call-up.

My biggest wish for the new TEW is to finally be able to do block TV tapings, like literally every company(including WWE) has done at some point.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Really needs a name other than "child promotion".

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Tbh there are worse terms. One of my first exposures to smarkdom was some Youtuber who had a lot of strong feelings about how the best young boys come from Japan

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I assume the term “young lion” is a more polite translation of the same word

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Davros1 posted:

Really needs a name other than "child promotion".

Mat rats?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HUSS
HUSS
HUSS

would like to see an LP or something where a person runs the developmental promotion and someone else runs the parent promotion and possibly messes with the former's booking

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

would like to see an LP or something where a person runs the developmental promotion and someone else runs the parent promotion and possibly messes with the former's booking
can i interest you in Real Life WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman McMahon
Sep 6, 2011

Where the gently caress is Fire Promoter?!?

«399 »