Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Latest real world mod for TEW16’s been released, just in time for the AEW launch. Haven’t given it a spin but afaik it’s been made from scratch with avoiding the balance issues of the old cpt_charisma database specifically in mind (though apparently there’s been a cockup on the Japan side of the mod that will be fixed within a week). An interesting place to start a game of challenging WWE, with KENTA free from his contract and WALTER on a PPA deal ripe for the poaching.

I’ve half a mind to start up my dumb rear end magical realist Let’s Play again

Ugh now I need to resist the urge to bail on the TEW scenario I've been playing for 9 months to try the hot new thing. I need to keep my WCW scenario going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

For those cursed to be alone or blessed to have a SO that doesn't care about Valentine's Day:

Tonight @8:05 EST(01:05 GMT)GAME Pro Wrestling!
-In the main event, Ayla faces Zangeif for the number-one contendership of the PCGP World Championship!
-Mettaton & 2B defend the PCGP Co-Op Championships against Smough & Ornstein!
-Plus, The Super Mario Bros vs Duke Nukem & Solid Snake! Dracula vs Megaman! And much, much more!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is the status of mike haggar

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Mike Haggar is the chairman of the Pan-Console Grand Prix Executive Committee. AKA Face Authority Figure. Was most recently seen two weeks ago when he fired all of Wily-Gun when they threatened to 'take over' the company. That plan seems to have backfired as this week's show was rife with Wily-Gun interference.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
https://www.twitch.tv/doctordelaware

New stream starts in a few minutes.

Rust Belt Wrestling presents
STRONGER THAN STEEL

MAIN EVENT
NWC World Title Match
Matsuko Yoshida (c) vs. "The Hooligan" Mike O'Malley

RBW Heavyweight Title Match
"Totalitarian Librarian" Theodore Fischer (c) vs. "Flawless" Jack Diamond

"Total" Lee Amazing vs. "The Shark" Russ Laughlin

RBW Tag Team Title Match
Soldiers of Fortune (c) (w/ Alexander Fortune) vs. Colton Cousins

RBW Motor City Title Match
Big Fat Naked Guy (c) vs. Dragon Mask

Free Mexican Air Force vs. The Robber Barons

Kevin "Ricksaw" Reed vs. The Amazing Rando

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

Latest real world mod for TEW16’s been released, just in time for the AEW launch. Haven’t given it a spin but afaik it’s been made from scratch with avoiding the balance issues of the old cpt_charisma database specifically in mind (though apparently there’s been a cockup on the Japan side of the mod that will be fixed within a week). An interesting place to start a game of challenging WWE, with KENTA free from his contract and WALTER on a PPA deal ripe for the poaching.

I’ve half a mind to start up my dumb rear end magical realist Let’s Play again

You have my views

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IcePhoenix posted:

You have my views

This just inspired an idea I have no interest on actually putting any effort into:

Do like a Critical Role style show but with TEW. Book a show, get a few people to read the promos, do B&V style recaps of the matches, etc. Stream it on twitch or whatever. It'd be super nerdy and/or stupid funny.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

jesus WEP posted:

that was the most terrible game i played the hell out of

Warzone was my first wrestling game, and there's one CAW I first made there who I've remade in pretty much every wrestling game I've owned since. Lightweight flippy guy who started out as a medieval/fantasy masked bandit, was some sort of cyborg by HCtP, and I think in his most recent incarnations was a luchador with the same red/green color scheme as his Warzone gimmick and a spiky mask that made him look vaguely like some kind of strange human sex toy.

In the event they ever make another WWE game that isn't still missing features from WWE 2014, I intend to celebrate by making "Mercurius" Marcus Cortez live again. :kiddo:

...or I suppose I'd settle for another WWE game with Beans Mode.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

coconono posted:

This just inspired an idea I have no interest on actually putting any effort into:

Do like a Critical Role style show but with TEW. Book a show, get a few people to read the promos, do B&V style recaps of the matches, etc. Stream it on twitch or whatever. It'd be super nerdy and/or stupid funny.

all the booking & promo writing with none of the tedious match writing that kills this concept every single time? this one might have some legs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the promo writing still kills it

turns out writing promos for a weekly show is hard

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Especially once it dies down and you wind up writing promos for like 1-2 people, one of whom is yourself. It's very demoralizing.

There's a reason that even when WWF wasn't writing promos Immortal had full descriptions. They were quick to write and just very easy jokes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IcePhoenix posted:

the promo writing still kills it

turns out writing promos for a weekly show is hard

yeah you'd need like 3-4 improv types that have good chemistry to bounce ideas around. Or a gimmick like Cards Against Humanity kind of thing.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST(01:05 GMT)GAME Pro Wrestling!
-It's the Penultimate Episode!
-In the main event, Rainbow Mika and Tina Armstrong face off yet again, this time for Cross-Platform Championship title shot!
-Last week saw several matches disrupted by the previously fired Wily-Gun. PCGP Executive Committee Chairman Mike Haggar has invited Dr. Wily on to the show to attempt to bring an end to the rogue robot invasion.
-In another number one contenders match, Billy & Jimmy Lee vs The Mystical Ninjas with the winners facing Mettaton & 2B for the Co-Op Championships next week!
-Plus, Kirby vs NEMESIS, Dracula vs Solid Snake, Duke Nukem vs Link and much, much more!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So I downloaded the new modern-day patch for TEW 2016 so I could play AEW.
I do what I usually do the first thing and search for 'wrestlers under 29 to hire'
I look at the list and...I don't know any of these workers.
I can't even use their profile as a base because most of them just have a boilerplate.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who do you wanna know about

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't even know. There are lot of them and few of them stand out.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

That's kind of a common problem with modern TEW databases. Between the volume of workers and the timeframe they try to put the databases out, a lot of indy wrestlers end up very little detail to them.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Steam page for Fire Pro Wrestling World - Fire Promoter DLC

https://store.steampowered.com/app/775630/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World__Fire_Promoter/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Awww yeah. I hope it’s good.

. . . poo poo, I need to make more Edits.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It's probably still a trick. I didn't see a price on the store page. Is it going to be free or did it just not render correctly on my phone

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh hell yes. loving finally.

Did someone get that camera mod working again?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder when it drops for PS4. I need to figure out how to turn Kenny Omega into a midcarder like he deserves.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

coconono posted:

I wonder when it drops for PS4. I need to figure out how to turn Kenny Omega into a midcarder like he deserves.

Supposed to be same day.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

A wrestler is only as good as the match you book them in. Who do you push as the next champion? Who do you partner together as an unstoppable tag team? Just remember—you may call the shots, but not everyone has to agree to listen

they're gonna shoot on me if i piss them off :swoon: mode of the year

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

they're gonna shoot on me if i piss them off :swoon: mode of the year

I hope that when New Jack kills you because you made him wear a lobster costume it locks out your file and you're not allowed to play Fire Promoter anymore. Because you're dead.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That actually makes me wonder if you do get to book who (is supposed to) win.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope that when New Jack kills you because you made him wear a lobster costume it locks out your file and you're not allowed to play Fire Promoter anymore. Because you're dead.

Doki Doki Bullet Club.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gavok posted:

Doki Doki Bullet Club.

Dang. Thats a quality joke.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That actually makes me wonder if you do get to book who (is supposed to) win.

*Fixed bug where choosing opponent to win was possible in matches featuring Minoru Suzuki.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder if that means you can have your wrestlers actively rebel against the booking and somehow make a profit.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gavok posted:

Doki Doki Bullet Club.

This exists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqZSHleRLdo

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

Oh hell yes. loving finally.

Did someone get that camera mod working again?

The camera mod, and many others, are working.

Everyone should temper their expectations for Fire Promoter. Unless the final patch for it changes things radically from what code is already in the game, it's going to be pretty limited. No record keeping or history, nothing to support feuds or storylines, and if you want to use a gimmick match(cage match, deathmatch, battle royale, or one of the MMA modes) every match on the show has to be that kind of match.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Takuan posted:

The camera mod, and many others, are working.

Everyone should temper their expectations for Fire Promoter. Unless the final patch for it changes things radically from what code is already in the game, it's going to be pretty limited. No record keeping or history, nothing to support feuds or storylines, and if you want to use a gimmick match(cage match, deathmatch, battle royale, or one of the MMA modes) every match on the show has to be that kind of match.

I mean this basically sounds like what exists in Final Fire Pro, but just from screenshots I've seen some QoL improvements, so who can say, really

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

You guys can try to make me not like Fire Pro all you want, it won't work

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'm going to try and engage in wcw level antics where i try to convince the fans that the show is like three separate levels of shoot and also try and work the boys and also also try to work the people signing my checks. Should turn out swimmingly.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

You guys can try to make me not like Fire Pro all you want, it won't work

I mean I'm still optimistic, even if it's just an updated version of Final Fire Pro's Management of the Ring mode I'll be happy.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
In the previous games, were you able to see what your competitors are doing? Like, can you see what matches they're putting on, etc.?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm definitely going to use it to bury Baron Corbin, as is deserved.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to run an entire promotion of nothing but Yakuza characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

I'm going to run an entire promotion of nothing but Yakuza characters

so, new japan?