Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«404 »
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

Latest real world mod for TEW16ís been released, just in time for the AEW launch. Havenít given it a spin but afaik itís been made from scratch with avoiding the balance issues of the old cpt_charisma database specifically in mind (though apparently thereís been a cockup on the Japan side of the mod that will be fixed within a week). An interesting place to start a game of challenging WWE, with KENTA free from his contract and WALTER on a PPA deal ripe for the poaching.

Iíve half a mind to start up my dumb rear end magical realist Letís Play again

Ugh now I need to resist the urge to bail on the TEW scenario I've been playing for 9 months to try the hot new thing. I need to keep my WCW scenario going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

For those cursed to be alone or blessed to have a SO that doesn't care about Valentine's Day:

Tonight @8:05 EST(01:05 GMT)GAME Pro Wrestling!
-In the main event, Ayla faces Zangeif for the number-one contendership of the PCGP World Championship!
-Mettaton & 2B defend the PCGP Co-Op Championships against Smough & Ornstein!
-Plus, The Super Mario Bros vs Duke Nukem & Solid Snake! Dracula vs Megaman! And much, much more!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STONE COLD 64
Oct 20, 2006

austin 3:16 says shut up. shut hte fuck up. where is my beer. i need hel

what is the status of mike haggar

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Mike Haggar is the chairman of the Pan-Console Grand Prix Executive Committee. AKA Face Authority Figure. Was most recently seen two weeks ago when he fired all of Wily-Gun when they threatened to 'take over' the company. That plan seems to have backfired as this week's show was rife with Wily-Gun interference.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/doctordelaware

New stream starts in a few minutes.

Rust Belt Wrestling presents
STRONGER THAN STEEL

MAIN EVENT
NWC World Title Match
Matsuko Yoshida (c) vs. "The Hooligan" Mike O'Malley

RBW Heavyweight Title Match
"Totalitarian Librarian" Theodore Fischer (c) vs. "Flawless" Jack Diamond

"Total" Lee Amazing vs. "The Shark" Russ Laughlin

RBW Tag Team Title Match
Soldiers of Fortune (c) (w/ Alexander Fortune) vs. Colton Cousins

RBW Motor City Title Match
Big Fat Naked Guy (c) vs. Dragon Mask

Free Mexican Air Force vs. The Robber Barons

Kevin "Ricksaw" Reed vs. The Amazing Rando

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

Basic Chunnel posted:

Latest real world mod for TEW16ís been released, just in time for the AEW launch. Havenít given it a spin but afaik itís been made from scratch with avoiding the balance issues of the old cpt_charisma database specifically in mind (though apparently thereís been a cockup on the Japan side of the mod that will be fixed within a week). An interesting place to start a game of challenging WWE, with KENTA free from his contract and WALTER on a PPA deal ripe for the poaching.

Iíve half a mind to start up my dumb rear end magical realist Letís Play again

You have my views

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

IcePhoenix posted:

You have my views

This just inspired an idea I have no interest on actually putting any effort into:

Do like a Critical Role style show but with TEW. Book a show, get a few people to read the promos, do B&V style recaps of the matches, etc. Stream it on twitch or whatever. It'd be super nerdy and/or stupid funny.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.

jesus WEP posted:

that was the most terrible game i played the hell out of

Warzone was my first wrestling game, and there's one CAW I first made there who I've remade in pretty much every wrestling game I've owned since. Lightweight flippy guy who started out as a medieval/fantasy masked bandit, was some sort of cyborg by HCtP, and I think in his most recent incarnations was a luchador with the same red/green color scheme as his Warzone gimmick and a spiky mask that made him look vaguely like some kind of strange human sex toy.

In the event they ever make another WWE game that isn't still missing features from WWE 2014, I intend to celebrate by making "Mercurius" Marcus Cortez live again.

...or I suppose I'd settle for another WWE game with Beans Mode.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

This just inspired an idea I have no interest on actually putting any effort into:

Do like a Critical Role style show but with TEW. Book a show, get a few people to read the promos, do B&V style recaps of the matches, etc. Stream it on twitch or whatever. It'd be super nerdy and/or stupid funny.

all the booking & promo writing with none of the tedious match writing that kills this concept every single time? this one might have some legs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

the promo writing still kills it

turns out writing promos for a weekly show is hard

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

Especially once it dies down and you wind up writing promos for like 1-2 people, one of whom is yourself. It's very demoralizing.

There's a reason that even when WWF wasn't writing promos Immortal had full descriptions. They were quick to write and just very easy jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

IcePhoenix posted:

the promo writing still kills it

turns out writing promos for a weekly show is hard

yeah you'd need like 3-4 improv types that have good chemistry to bounce ideas around. Or a gimmick like Cards Against Humanity kind of thing.

«404 »