Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«415 »
Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah, what Steve said.

It's mainly the WWE Rules and Grand Entrance abilities that are blowing my mind. Free movement in Heroclix is always good to have, and forcing an opponent to come fight you face to face instead of sniping away like a coward is really, really strong.

Screw your Omega Beams, Darkseid. You're facing the Macho Man up close and personal or you're not facing him at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

HANG ME HORSEMAN

This seems like a convoluted way to prove that Jean Luc Picard can beat Hulk Hogan in a fist fight

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the Direct of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame the joy of Sakurai?

I'm boggled that Heroclix is still around. I remember playing the Marvel one with my brothers eons ago and wasn't even aware you could legally play games with DC/Marvel//WWE all in one team

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

coconono posted:

This seems like a convoluted way to prove that Jean Luc Picard can beat Hulk Hogan in a fist fight

Only if Hogan gets his win back.

Vandar
Sep 13, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DLC Inc posted:

I'm boggled that Heroclix is still around. I remember playing the Marvel one with my brothers eons ago and wasn't even aware you could legally play games with DC/Marvel//WWE all in one team

Would it boggle you even more to learn that the following properties have been represented in Heroclix?

Star Trek
Lord of the Rings (with like seven sets)
Lone Ranger
Yugioh
Pacific Rim
Street Fighter
TMNT
DotA 2

With several others Iím probably forgetting.

They went crazy for a few years and starting licensing everything they could get their hands on for the game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Vandar posted:

Would it boggle you even more to learn that the following properties have been represented in Heroclix?

Star Trek
Lord of the Rings (with like seven sets)
Lone Ranger
Yugioh
Pacific Rim
Street Fighter
TMNT
DotA 2

With several others Iím probably forgetting.

They went crazy for a few years and starting licensing everything they could get their hands on for the game.

Kick-rear end is another one. Halo is another.

Technically, come August or so, Sasha Banks can team up with The Dark Lord Sauron and the Starship Enterprise to take on Hit-Girl, Old West Doctor Octopus, Muhammad Ali and Andre The Giant.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

coconono posted:

Alas, Hulk Hogan has not been announced yet - depends on how well the first set does.

Only 80s era guys are Macho Man and Andre The Giant, unless you count the Undertaker as well. And I guess Ric Flair, but he seems to transcend chronal classification.

Attitude has Taker, Kane, Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Trish Stratus. Big Show.

Modern era has Finn Balor, Asuka, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Roman Reigns, Ronda Rousey, John Cena, AJ Styles.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

This reminds me of some stoner joke fan fiction I found a couple years ago where Matt Hardy hits Voldemort with the twist of fate.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

WatermelonGun posted:

This reminds me of some stoner joke fan fiction I found a couple years ago where Matt Hardy hits Voldemort with the twist of fate.

And that reminds me of my favorite one of those "Downfall" memes that could never live up to its title. Hitler Mad at Matt Hardy's Face Turn

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Finally I can book a match where Trish Stratus goes face to face with Harley Quinn the way God intended.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

She had a match against Alexa Bliss last year?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the Direct of the night;
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame the joy of Sakurai?

I'd rather see Raw Deal brought back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Maybe she has no parents and was raised by dogs?

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather see Raw Deal brought back

I still have my Raw Deal championship belt card somewhere. That was a fun game.

«415 »