Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

They posted another one later with him way more clothed

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1309651751339917312

These character models look like someone took Oblivion and applied a really unflattering shader to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That weird lighting was in earlier games as well-maybe for that whole PS4/XBone generation. Part of it is just the way the “skin” reflects but it gives everyone very sunk-in faces.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

jesus WEP posted:

yeah it didn’t read as wrestling gear at all, it looked like he was just standing around in his underwear

Fire me. I’m already fired. Fire me, I’m already fired!!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat this thread fell back.

Anyway Spike Chunsoft's having a Midweek Madness sale on Steam, you can get Fire Pro for $6 and all the DLC's discounted pretty heavily too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/EverythingAEW/status/1326235284032335875

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

console game? holy poo poo

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I hope that's the name of the game and it kinda becomes a brand so when they are a couple instalments in we'll just say poo poo like "Yeah, Console Game 3 is probably the best, but Console Game 4 has more accurate Orange Cassidy Pocket Physics.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

There are three games apparently...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The DoN one is obviously gonna be some kind of mobile slots thing, and the GM thing could be part of the console release or it could basically be slapping the license on TEW or whatever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

based on the trademark registrations, EGM looks like its an android/ios game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'll probably post a new games thread after the infodump tonight.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Please God let this partnership yield an FPS where every bad guy is Michael Nakazawa wearing a different fake beard and/or funny hat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AEW Pachislots game

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Firepro on sale on Steam if anyone doesn't have it. I bought it on launch but I've been digging through movecraft on the workshop. There goes my free time.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

JOHN CENA posted:

The graphic has fan, money and up icons so yeah, I think it's more likely to be some variety of card game than TEW

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
hello does anyone remember e-feds

I'm attempting to do a game similar to angled e-feds, except also trying to fix all of the problems inherent to e-feds and also it's goofy as gently caress

like, the first championship match was between a Halo monster in DOOM armor, and a kelpie with a symphogear

check out Arena Arcadia if that doesn't sound stupid as hell to you, or alternatively tell me what about it makes you not interested because I'm really committed to at least the structure of the game, and would like to improve whatever parts of it do not work; the whole thing is a collaborative effort and a bunch of folks have already dumped a lot of time and effort into it, and I want to at least see the juicy intentions at the core go somewhere

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

JOHN CENA posted:

It'll probably be something similar to Modern Wrestling Mania or something like that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aew event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I-whVtW50E

starts in 10

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wish they had more info about the console game than that small teaser... I don't feel like I learned much of anything really.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The Kenneth Jobs look is a bit, right

Also it seems like they squashed the aspect ratio on the teaser. Everybody looks like the Abomination from the Ed Norton Hulk movie

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Nobody dressed as Woz, no sale

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1326312334105702400

I know that it's early footage, but this looks like a mobile game.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
it looks like a beefed up AKI game, which is exactly what I want

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It looks terrible. It won't matter at all if it's fun to play. They basically have one shot at this though so I hope they give it their all.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1326325924514717696?s=20

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it looks like a beefed up AKI game, which is exactly what I want
If by "beefed up" you mean "sped up", sure. When I think of AKI games I think of weight and impact to the animation (which, famously, was all handmade). Think of the thwack and shake of the canvas in CAW preview.

I don't get that from this. Set ups are reasonably detailed but the last split second of every move hits like a toy on a trampoline. Which has been Yuke's whole deal going back to the original Smackdown.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i assure you the animations in that video are not procedurally generated

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

was fooling above; it definitely isn't mocapped though. just looks strange. sort of like the video is a low framerate capture of something running at a high framerate

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

videojuego Kenny looks like he's wearing Hydra's muscle bodysuit

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I suspect that besides the characters in the trailer, 95% of the game looks like this shot from the end of it, and basically everything about the look and presentation is up in the air.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I think it’s great and if my hands were in better shape I would definitely get it day one.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Real interested in what the standard gameplay camera is going to look like, since this was all obviously for demo purposes. I’m fine with the slightly exaggerated art style since it feels like a natural progression where the AKi engine could’ve ended up.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The thing about No Mercy is that it is incredibly fun, but doesn't flow like a real wrestling match when you play it. How they make gameplay like it is in that trailer, but make it in the style of No Mercy?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m sure video game development has advanced since the year 2000.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Astro7x posted:

The thing about No Mercy is that it is incredibly fun, but doesn't flow like a real wrestling match when you play it. How they make gameplay like it is in that trailer, but make it in the style of No Mercy?
Going back to it recently I think the two really concrete things about No Mercy's gameplay were the way that the heat meter naturally rubber-banded to provide ebb and flow and, honestly, how consistently the game took control away from you and made you stay down as the match progressed. How often every match you'd yell "come on, get up" at your own character like it were an actual irl match, and then chain together a comeback. It was really grueling, but exhilarating when you pulled out a win.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

I’m sure video game development has advanced since the year 2000.
Don't tell that to the folks who want to play a sports arcade game in 2020

Like honestly, if you want to imagine what a cross between NFL Blitz and an AKI game is, all you have to do is imagine any Yuke’s WWE game from about 2004 to 2014.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 11, 2020

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Definitely prefer the momentum system to a straight health bar, can’t count how many times my brother and I would come back and win a match wend been getting dominated in off a couple lucky reversals.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I finally got a copy of WWE Battlegrounds from my library (yeah, that's a thing). Man... where the gently caress is the roster? I know that it's quite the grind to unlock everyone, but I expected to start with a little more than a half dozen women wrestlers, and maybe have Becky Lynch in there and not Liv Morgan.

Oh well, this one will be going back to the library soon enough

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I finally got a copy of WWE Battlegrounds from my library (yeah, that's a thing). Man... where the gently caress is the roster? I know that it's quite the grind to unlock everyone, but I expected to start with a little more than a half dozen women wrestlers, and maybe have Becky Lynch in there and not Liv Morgan.

Oh well, this one will be going back to the library soon enough

its a micro transaction based game. really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Definitely prefer the momentum system to a straight health bar, can’t count how many times my brother and I would come back and win a match wend been getting dominated in off a couple lucky reversals.

I will always remember starting a match and immediately busting open my opponent with a yakuza kick. It's one of my favorite wrestling game memories because it's such a huge start to the match.