Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just started playing No Mercy again on my "play every N64 wrestling game on Twitch" quest and I'm surprised at how easy I'm finding it.

On my first run I tried an exhibition match at Expert difficulty and Taz beat my rear end in 3 minutes.

In the story mode for the Light Heavyweight Title, though, I'm picking up wins in under a minute.

Is the story mode weighted differently than simple exhibition matches? Because right now I feel like the best No Mercy player on the planet (aside from these god forsaken handicap matches).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Can you sim matches in Wrestling Empire? Either exhibition matches or as part of the story.

Also I reinstalled supercard the other day and they have all these bizarre new tiers including "Swarm" which features bug parts on every card.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fumaofthelake posted:

Can you sim matches in Wrestling Empire? Either exhibition matches or as part of the story.

Also I reinstalled supercard the other day and they have all these bizarre new tiers including "Swarm" which features bug parts on every card.

trying to steal mesuking's thunder i see

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I’d play a Mesuking app in a second

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fumaofthelake posted:

I don't think CPU vs CPU matches are in now (at least, I didn't find a way to do it), but I imagine they'll be added in because otherwise the booking mode would just involve you having to play one side of the match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

I’d play a Mesuking app in a second

Isn't it based on a real Sega arcade game? Sans the T&A?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't it based on a real Sega arcade game? Sans the T&A?

Mushiking: King of Beetles, Japan only I believe. Only card dispensing machines I know of stateside are like... the giant cabinet size adaptations of the mobile version of Injustice that have just four giant buttons

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Angry_Ed posted:

I don't think CPU vs CPU matches are in now (at least, I didn't find a way to do it), but I imagine they'll be added in because otherwise the booking mode would just involve you having to play one side of the match

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for an update.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh is there booking on the way?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Fumaofthelake posted:

I was able to do an all-AI Royal Rumble, but eventually ended it because the final two never seemed to try and eliminate each other.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Well, the impression I get from searching is that the current training method in Wrestling Empire is potentially a placeholder until free roam is added. Not fully sure though, there’s not a lot out there.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh is there booking on the way?

Yes. No idea on ETA at all though, but it will be a free update along with any other major addition

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
MDickie is also noting features and commands that are in the game but not noted anywhere yet on his twitter https://twitter.com/MDickieDotcom

Hoping the man already has enough sales for a gold boat

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Super Lucha Libre is the WCW analogue in this game- it's run by Eric Bischoff, has Benoit, Malenko, Booker T, Stevie Ray, etc.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i have won so many matches by baiting them out of the ring and just beating the absolute poo poo out of them with a chair until they get dqed. this game rules

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Is there a list of correct names? Some I can guess but I'd like to just know.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Edit: wrong thread

go mdickie

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be streaming some Wrestling Empire in an hour at 11pm EST
https://twitch.tv/kiarrrash

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Is there a list of correct names? Some I can guess but I'd like to just know.

Found someone on one of those wiki sites make this google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGVkldTtLHn-eISChpJKbokxe4dubnkAhpa1k6GWnQU/edit#gid=0

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Penguin Patrol posted:

I'll be streaming some Wrestling Empire in an hour at 11pm EST
https://twitch.tv/kiarrrash

Found someone on one of those wiki sites make this google doc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UGVkldTtLHn-eISChpJKbokxe4dubnkAhpa1k6GWnQU/edit#gid=0

Some of those rebrand names are pretty funny. “Wide Tide” for Typhoon is inspired

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Is there a trick to First Blood matches? I’ve only had the two, and they’ve gone nearly an hour each and ended seemingly out of nowhere while doing nothing different. As much as I love nearly beating Ric Flair and Alexa Bliss to death with steel pipes, it’d be nice to know if there’s an easier option.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Antitonic posted:

Is there a trick to First Blood matches? I’ve only had the two, and they’ve gone nearly an hour each and ended seemingly out of nowhere while doing nothing different. As much as I love nearly beating Ric Flair and Alexa Bliss to death with steel pipes, it’d be nice to know if there’s an easier option.

I ran into that issue last night. Reading some stuff online made it sound like it might be bugged, so I just quit the match and took the L

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've also seen a stream where the match just never ended despite obvious blood so yeah I think First Blood matches are broken at the moment

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 23, 2021

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea I had to special ref a first blood match. I had to back out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The biggest bug I'm seeing is it keeps assuming two player joycon setup by default, I have to go back to the main Switch menu to re-recognize my setup.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

Some of those rebrand names are pretty funny. “Wide Tide” for Typhoon is inspired

Gen. Genocide for Sgt Slaughter? Lazy.

My military themed stable in WWE2K consisted of Gen. Mayhem, Major Battle, Cpl. Punishment, and Pvt. War.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Gen. Genocide for Sgt Slaughter? Lazy.

My military themed stable in WWE2K consisted of Gen. Mayhem, Major Battle, Cpl. Punishment, and Pvt. War.

The more clever move would've been "Gen. O'Cide"

But again he still has "Ghetto Child" up there for Taz and uh...no thank you. But on the other hand "Flex Beanbag" for Buff Bagwell is hilarious. In conclusion MDickie is a developer of contrasts.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Derick Switchoff for Bischoff is still my favourite. It's fitting too after the January 4th thing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Bork Laser for me

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Nothing tops Crispin Noir

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've thought about doing a mass rename, but then i figured that the game is so janky, I'd rather see Tanned Heihachi exploding and botching moves, I'd never want to see the Ace look foolish.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

i have won so many matches by baiting them out of the ring and just beating the absolute poo poo out of them with a chair until they get dqed. this game rules

update: this is proving to be such an effective strategy that i changed my gimmick to a business guy called The Chairman

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I almost don’t see why he didn’t just use the real names when he’s got actual pictures of WWE talent on the walls in the game and such. I guess there’s a fine line between getting sued or not.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

My favorite bit: Booker asks you to work another match on the same night. Sure why not. Oh, I just won the world title.

It's one of those too strange for reality, but then I remember WCW.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

ChikoDemono posted:

My favorite bit: Booker asks you to work another match on the same night. Sure why not. Oh, I just won the world title.

It's one of those too strange for reality, but then I remember WCW.

Yeah pretty much the entire world is booked by Russo. Sucka G was my tag team partner, turned on me in our very first match, and instead of a DQ it was now a 3-vs-1 handicap match with no announcement. I managed to survive until the clock ran out but then the match was immediately restarted.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got a contract with Maple Leaf Grappling because i pinned their world champion, Perry Class (Ric Flair), in an interpromotional tag match where it was restarted twice meaning he ended up pinned 3 times.

Immediately get put into a title feud first match. Win the world title off Perry Class in a match that went to a time limit draw and restarted.

The following week there's a 5v5 "war" match between my team and Class's. He betrays his team for some reason and we win easily.

Then on the same night the booker asks me if I can do another match. I say yes and surprise it's a title defense against Kongo (Kamala) which i fortunately manage to win.

This game is great.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Five vs five class warfare

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Yep, that’s impressive alright...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Antitonic posted:

Yep, that’s impressive alright...

Can't lose if you never have a match. *points to head*

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Gaz-L posted:

Can't lose if you never have a match. *points to head*

Which is what happened in my first save. Challenged to lose, have every show cancelled, get fired for not losing despite the impossibility. At least this time’s a 0 match win-streak because he double-booked me in two Confrontations on a week where I was sick, and a week after I’d been threatened if I didn’t job to someone after getting a 1 match win-streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I was fired while I was Tag Team Champion with Vince McMahon