Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014
Here is a list of cheats from the GDS board. I haven't had a chance to try any of these yet, so some might be disabled like parachute.

empleh - list all available cheats
passport - all workers become available in all areas
themorethemerrier - all companies set to "yet to open" become active
sophie - set all user talents to maximum
foggynoggin - reset all relationships
imagine - all worker personalities are set to very good
unpredictable - all worker personalities are randomly shuffled
vivalarevolution - make all owner and booker positions of all AI promotions available
companiesinneed - all companies in debt are given a resuce package
iamkindofabigdeal - give user maximum reputation
cleanslate - remove all bad habits from all workers
uwillrespectme - set users image to unlock motivational speeches
uwillfearme - set users image to unlock psycho sermons
jobreview - set users owner approval rating to excellent
evenplayingfield - all companies have $25,000,000 in the bank.
OrganicOn - Turns on organic AI generated companies
OrganicOff - Does opposite of above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm pretty late on this but I downloaded WWE Immortals sometime last year and didn't open it until very recently and holy poo poo lmao how is this real

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Cubone posted:

I'm pretty late on this but I downloaded WWE Immortals sometime last year and didn't open it until very recently and holy poo poo lmao how is this real

It's pretty sick, I'd love to get a full console version where it's more of a fighting game. It's probably the closest that we'll get to WWE Brawl with Vincent Kennedy McMandroid

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Somebody please tell us what the parachute code did!

I axed merch for everyone in the awful category. Decided my weak category was small enough that I could justify keeping their shirts on sale - it's just Adam Cole, Sandow and Victoria. Hopefully this puts my merch in a more profitable position.

Is there no way to book a Dusty finish? I don't see a reverse decision option.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

there wouldn't be any mechanical difference between a reversal finish and a "cheap victory" vis a vis a match.

What the game does allow is for Dusty finishes to occur via post-match angles - create / clone an angle and enable "allow title change". But ask yourself what Dusty would do. Why rob marks of that high the night of the win? That would just undercut post-show merch sales. Better to rob them of their money. You reverse the title win the next night.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 19, 2016

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Good point! I hadn't thought of doing it with post-match angles. The argument in favour of getting more of their money is a good one, but since I was going to do it with my midcard title, I'm not sure how much potential money was actually at stake. I ended up doing a screwy ref angle instead.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Sorry - parachute used to create a plane crash for a random promotion, killing 20 - 50 people depending on their roster size

Please don't put on the GDS board!

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Diddums posted:

Here is a list of cheats from the GDS board. I haven't had a chance to try any of these yet, so some might be disabled like parachute.

empleh - list all available cheats
passport - all workers become available in all areas
themorethemerrier - all companies set to "yet to open" become active
sophie - set all user talents to maximum
foggynoggin - reset all relationships
imagine - all worker personalities are set to very good
unpredictable - all worker personalities are randomly shuffled
vivalarevolution - make all owner and booker positions of all AI promotions available
companiesinneed - all companies in debt are given a resuce package
iamkindofabigdeal - give user maximum reputation
cleanslate - remove all bad habits from all workers
uwillrespectme - set users image to unlock motivational speeches
uwillfearme - set users image to unlock psycho sermons
jobreview - set users owner approval rating to excellent
evenplayingfield - all companies have $25,000,000 in the bank.
OrganicOn - Turns on organic AI generated companies
OrganicOff - Does opposite of above

I think I will give myself another go at a game with these cheats and see how crazy the AI can get. PWG with unlimited money and TNA making a come back could b great fun.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm loving this WWE

Roman Reigns held the WWE title until the 2017 Rumble, at which point he lost to Sheamus on the night of Sheamus' amazing title + Royal Rumble winning double. Sheamus held the belt for 1 year, before losing it at the 2018 Rumble to Chris Jericho. Jericho held it for about 6 months, before dropping the strap to THE MIZ.

Main eventers are: The Miz, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Randy Orton, John Cena. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are upper midcarders working as The Shield tag team in a feud with various Sheamus based tag teams (Usually Sheamus + Owens, Sheamus + Cole, or Sheamus + Zayn). Dean Ambrose is a midcard guy.

The secondary champs are Curtis Axel (United States) and Zack Ryder (IC). Brock Lesnar has not wrestled a match since the game began, but WWE regularly used him in angles that built to nothing. What a time to be alive.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
"various Sheamus based tag teams" is a magnificent phrase

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

ParanoidInc posted:

I hope he's in multiple teams at once, like Wolverine.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sheamus in a Fabulous Freebirds-esque team, where you never know what partner of Sheamus you're going to get

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It's almost enough to make me like Sheamus in reality...

Meanwhile WWE and TNA have both offered Cheeseburger a contract. Dark days for my company.

WWE also had Ronda Rousey put over Nia Jax in her debut lol

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Is 2016 the one to get if one is hankering for a wrestling sim, or is 2013 still worth playing.

For some reason EWR doesn't do it for me. Maybe I need more depth?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Depends on what you want to do. TEW2016 is more dynamic in a lot of ways (and more intuitive) but it'll be a few months at least before we get the depth of fine-tuned mods that are out there for 2013. 2013's discounted now, too.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

ParanoidInc posted:

It sounds like something from a charmingly tone-deaf WWE press release written by a marketing flack with only a passing knowledge of the product, I love it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Electric Lady posted:

Is 2016 the one to get if one is hankering for a wrestling sim, or is 2013 still worth playing.

For some reason EWR doesn't do it for me. Maybe I need more depth?

I played the hell out of 2013, it's a great game. Have you played any of the demos?

2005 is free, but I wouldn't recommend it... it's a bit too dense for my liking.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I tried 2013 but ultimately it just didn't appeal to me outside of the fantasy booking element. Is 2016 anymore newbie friendly? Failing that I feel like I need a strategy guide or something. I never quite understood how to build angles so that the game understood what I was doing, or the steps required to turn a wrestler, etc.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Rollersnake posted:

I tried 2013 but ultimately it just didn't appeal to me outside of the fantasy booking element. Is 2016 anymore newbie friendly? Failing that I feel like I need a strategy guide or something. I never quite understood how to build angles so that the game understood what I was doing, or the steps required to turn a wrestler, etc.

2016 is basically 2013 with more backstage shenanigans and other features layered on, so if you didn't get 2013 the new one won't be any better.

I will say that if your only experience with 2013 was playing as WWE, give it another shot as a smaller fed. Playing as a huge company can be overwhelming

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, listening to the TEW talk makes it sound like Crusader Kings 2 but with indie wrestling.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Gaz-L posted:

Honestly, listening to the TEW talk makes it sound like Crusader Kings 2 but with indie wrestling.

sometimes

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gaz-L posted:

TEW is a serious game for serious people

He threw a tantrum about his treatment two days after being hired.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 22, 2016

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Testekill posted:

Damnit, TEW spoiled the latest chapter of that one guy's fanfic that last I heard HE STILL WRITES.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nothing will top the fake CM Punk dying from an overdose in one of my mdickie seasons.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mdickie will always have a soft spot for me purely because of that time when my "not Samoa Joe" was booked in a 6 way exploding ring match where 2 people died and another two lost limbs on the memorial show for "not Terry Funk."

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Testekill posted:

Not as good as when I was playing DiabloX in 2013 as the slasher movie fed, and had to deal with a locker room incident in which Pinhead (of Hellraiser fame) stunk up the locker room with a massive fart

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WWE sign every good worker in the game, and then put this show on

what the hell, too realistic

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

what the hell, too realistic

I really want to see that 4*+ Miz vs Goldust match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm so curious which team in that main event were the heels.

You'd think it would be Jericho/Rusev, but Cheeseburger is a real curveball

Did the AI really book that? I've never seen an AI card with so many matches & segments

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I'm so curious which team in that main event were the heels.

You'd think it would be Jericho/Rusev, but Cheeseburger is a real curveball

Did the AI really book that? I've never seen an AI card with so many matches & segments

WWE has a ridiculously insane roster in this world. All of their shows are getting progressively more gigantic. I think this mod also has Summerslam set to be 4 hours like in reality.

And yeah, that was Cheeseburger's debut match as a heel. No idea why as he's something like A babyface D- heel. AI Vince is a man of mystery. It's kind of funny as he's also not that great and yet debuted in the main event of Summerslam. His performance stuff is pretty good but his best 'in ring' skills are C in mat wrestling and C- flashiness. He does have really good selling and charisma though, so that might work in WWE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Marquis de Pyro posted:

WWE has a ridiculously insane roster in this world. All of their shows are getting progressively more gigantic. I think this mod also has Summerslam set to be 4 hours like in reality.

And yeah, that was Cheeseburger's debut match as a heel. No idea why as he's something like A babyface D- heel. AI Vince is a man of mystery. It's kind of funny as he's also not that great and yet debuted in the main event of Summerslam. His performance stuff is pretty good but his best 'in ring' skills are C in mat wrestling and C- flashiness. He does have really good selling and charisma though, so that might work in WWE.

So he's Dolph with the Face/Heel dynamics reversed?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

I love that it teamed up Moose and the Usos. Mooseos.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I love that it teamed up Moose and the Usos. Mooseos.

They finally found someone with a good spear to back them up

IcePhoenix posted:

So he's Dolph with the Face/Heel dynamics reversed?

Dolph is still a face too lol

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Lucha Dragons beat Kane & Taker :psyboom:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I need to stop reading this thread, or else I'm going to want to buy TEW 2016, and that's not something I'm ready to do.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Now I'm curious, if you Tour The Company, who does it say the WWE's top stars are?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Now I'm curious, if you Tour The Company, who does it say the WWE's top stars are?

Good question, I'll post that when I get home. I do remember that they have Roderick Strong as an upper midcarder and he's only worked 8 matches in the entire year. Much better than being my world champion :argh:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Good question, I'll post that when I get home. I do remember that they have Roderick Strong as an upper midcarder and he's only worked 8 matches in the entire year. Much better than being my world champion :argh:

That reminds me... a huge improvement for TEW16 is that dudes won't necessarily bitch about being left off a couple RAWs if they are on a guaranteed contract. Basically the WCW effect.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

triplexpac posted:

That reminds me... a huge improvement for TEW16 is that dudes won't necessarily bitch about being left off a couple RAWs if they are on a guaranteed contract. Basically the WCW effect.

Do they have to be written, or is PPA with a good downside good enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Not nearly as funny as I hoped