Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Yeah, because the game is completely insane my developmental company's last show was viewed by 28 MILLION PEOPLE through my giant over the air broadcaster.

It's really fun to have a show where the washed up legends I can't book in my main company anymore teach a bunch of 18-22 year olds how to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm playing a TEW scenario as WCW, and really getting sick of Turner Broadcasting blocking me from getting tv deals. Can I make my own broadcaster to bypass that, or will they also be pissy about clashing coverage?

They have tiny coverage in a lot of the world and it's cramping my style, WWF is beating me even though their product sucks

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I'm playing a TEW scenario as WCW, and really getting sick of Turner Broadcasting blocking me from getting tv deals. Can I make my own broadcaster to bypass that, or will they also be pissy about clashing coverage?

They have tiny coverage in a lot of the world and it's cramping my style, WWF is beating me even though their product sucks

As far as I know if they have clashing coverage you will be blocked from airing on the newest contract, even if that contract is giant and the other one is tiny

I think you might be able to cheat by turning the weekly show into an 'event' and airing it on your network. Not sure if that would somehow destroy your company though.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

As far as I know if they have clashing coverage you will be blocked from airing on the newest contract, even if that contract is giant and the other one is tiny

I think you might be able to cheat by turning the weekly show into an 'event' and airing it on your network. Not sure if that would somehow destroy your company though.

Yeah that's the trick of TEW, I am not sure if there's a way to test something out without it auto saving and ruining months of work

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

triplexpac posted:

The only way I know of to take care of this without editing is canceling your deal with Turner and buying the contract out. It can be really expensive though.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CapitalistPig posted:

The only way I know of to take care of this without editing is canceling your deal with Turner and buying the contract out. It can be really expensive though.

WCW is owned by Turner Broadcasting in TEW2016 so I don't even know what the gently caress they're supposed to do.

edit: Just tested it, I was able to cancel my PPV contract for free. TNT is a different story but they only have coverage in the US & UK.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 26, 2017

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
from fpwarena (which was taken from steam community)

quote:

Thanks for the feedback! I can't answer all your questions at the moment but let me share the info that's available to me:

>Will there be new parts?
YES. In particular, Director Matsumoto wants to add proper tattoos. More details in the future. On a related topic,

>How to color palettes work in Edit mode?
Each layer supports a single color. In previous Fire Pros, you could adjust the individual color of different elements on a layer. WITH THAT SAID! In FPW, the elements have been seperated into different parts (for example, stripes and designs that can be layered over clothing/masks etc,) so you can get a similar effect by using multiple layers.

>S-1/SWA Match?
SWA is included (post updated to reflect this), but S-1 has fallen out of favor so we left it out. Matsumoto would add it if there’s enough interest.

>Title belt customization?
What you see in the screenshot is what will be available at launch. However, Matsumoto wants to add more customization options so don’t panic!

>Custom ring logos?
Again, the logo editor will not be available at launch, but Matsumoto wants to add it if enough people want it. (Which it sounds like you do!)

>Exchange Blows
Occurs randomly a few times per match, if at all. It won’t be as prevalent as the test of strength used to be so it’s an exciting surprise when it triggers. (You can also toggle it ON/OFF.)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Testekill posted:

WCW is owned by Turner Broadcasting in TEW2016 so I don't even know what the gently caress they're supposed to do.

edit: Just tested it, I was able to cancel my PPV contract for free. TNT is a different story but they only have coverage in the US & UK.

Ohhh, you are right, good point. I have never tried to cancel a tv deal with a broadcaster who owns the company.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CapitalistPig posted:

Ohhh, you are right, good point. I have never tried to cancel a tv deal with a broadcaster who owns the company.

It's one of those things that seems like a feature that adds realism, but hurts fun. I'm putting on great shows but it's not reflected in my popularity, and it seems like there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm just gonna keep raiding people from WWF and trying to ruin them that way, I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FireProWorld/status/867755953122197505

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
finally evolved a dude to 3* in champions, striker seth gotta get me all the 3* daily tokens now

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

:staredog:

MMA cages. This is going to be good.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

How do MMA matches work in the FirePro engine? I remember seeing a much older version of the game where there was a cage, but it didn't have the grappling positions that the UFC games have.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

MotU posted:

finally evolved a dude to 3* in champions, striker seth gotta get me all the 3* daily tokens now

Just in time for them to make the dailies way easier.

How'd you get all the gloves for StrikerSeth's *** evolution?

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

1st AD posted:

How do MMA matches work in the FirePro engine? I remember seeing a much older version of the game where there was a cage, but it didn't have the grappling positions that the UFC games have.

If I recall correctly, they're essentially normal matches with rounds, no pins, submission and KO only. I don't remember if you can irish whip people into the cage. It doesn't change a wrestler's moveset to be more MMA-esque or anything like that.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
You can't irish whip in the cage and pins break up automatically, don't remember if there are any other blanket changes.

Characters have move slots for front mount, rear mount, and sprawl positions, plus reversals for each position (other positions are built into the moves themselves.) Basically, it's just like a normal lock-up but with more limited options.

It's actually pretty cool and customizable for how rudimentary it is. Oh, and transitions are assigned moves, which I bring up because:
1. You can give up your position and get caught in an armbar from the bottom (or, y'know, a huracanrana...)
2. Transitions do spirit and breath damage to opponents, so you can totally just wrestlefuck someone to wear them down.

Additionally, there's the "SWA" mode that's in a wrestling ring, it's basically RINGS/Pancrase

K-1 rules mode sucked. I'm not sad to see it go.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
All we really need is a ladder match and breakable tables and we're set for life.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm so glad I never went ahead with any of my previous thoughts about starting my own development territory and waited until PWG was going out of business.

Other than Tyler (and Marshall's family, obviously) I've never heard of any of these people and I hope the Young Bucks have a lot of fun kicking the poo poo out of them. You'll have more friends join you soon. I'm probably going to hire pretty much everybody who shows up as being hot in my news feed, at least for a little while.

Will a developmental trainer wrestle matches if they're still active or is "active training" meant to be done through people you just send there to work? Was thinking of sending Finlay, but he's such a great road agent I don't want to lose him. Motor City Machine Guns both score pretty high on the relevant skills. They were my first tag champs (and my first 2x champs) but I haven't really done poo poo with them for a while. Maybe both of them, especially if a trainer can still wrestle.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

LvK posted:

You can't irish whip in the cage and pins break up automatically, don't remember if there are any other blanket changes.

Characters have move slots for front mount, rear mount, and sprawl positions, plus reversals for each position (other positions are built into the moves themselves.) Basically, it's just like a normal lock-up but with more limited options.

It's actually pretty cool and customizable for how rudimentary it is. Oh, and transitions are assigned moves, which I bring up because:
1. You can give up your position and get caught in an armbar from the bottom (or, y'know, a huracanrana...)
2. Transitions do spirit and breath damage to opponents, so you can totally just wrestlefuck someone to wear them down.

Additionally, there's the "SWA" mode that's in a wrestling ring, it's basically RINGS/Pancrase

K-1 rules mode sucked. I'm not sad to see it go.

Oh cool, so when you say other positions are built into moves do you mean things like guard and side control are just parts of other moves, and "standard" positions are the ones you listed? If so that's kind of weird but it could be fun.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Perry Normal posted:

Will a developmental trainer wrestle matches if they're still active or is "active training" meant to be done through people you just send there to work? Was thinking of sending Finlay, but he's such a great road agent I don't want to lose him. Motor City Machine Guns both score pretty high on the relevant skills. They were my first tag champs (and my first 2x champs) but I haven't really done poo poo with them for a while. Maybe both of them, especially if a trainer can still wrestle.
Guys sent to developmental as trainers will feature in shows if they're active, yes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If like you had a "school company" where no one was over you'd probably get bothered that your trainers were being overused because they're the most over guys on the roster. But with PWG you're probably fine as they'll just work into the roster. Employ 2 or 3 vets, maybe even guys from your roster who you don't have any current story use for. They'll blend in.

One of the cool things about TEW16 is that if you have like a vet that you shoved in a tag team just to give them something to do you can go ahead and send them to the developmental as a trainer and then just "borrow" them on show days to use the tag team. Its a fun little way to use guys like that if you don't care about giving them pushes or stories.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Paracaidas posted:

Just in time for them to make the dailies way easier.

How'd you get all the gloves for StrikerSeth's *** evolution?

hoarded cash in case they ever released 3* token boxes , then they did for like 2 days and I got a lot of mats + I've gotten several gloves from victory loot

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MotU posted:

hoarded cash in case they ever released 3* token boxes , then they did for like 2 days and I got a lot of mats + I've gotten several gloves from victory loot

I've got like 3500 bucks since I did the same. What's the best to spend them on now?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've got like 3500 bucks since I did the same. What's the best to spend them on now?

idk if they will have em again soon but they had 3* token boxes that dropped I think 4-6 any color tokens needed for 3*+ (meaning some 4* ones) for 1250 each. The only downside is that it also includes 2* tokens as well

I got a decent rate of 3* ones it seemed tho, that really seems like the best investment in my brain unless you save up 10k and go for broke trying to get one of the Mega Superstars one time

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

1st AD posted:

Oh cool, so when you say other positions are built into moves do you mean things like guard and side control are just parts of other moves, and "standard" positions are the ones you listed? If so that's kind of weird but it could be fun.

Yeah, taking side control or half-guard or w/e is just part of a move from one of those positions. You can attack the opponent from guard when they mount you (or assign a character the guard pull move) but you can only assign one move to guard. Which kinda sucks, because they have a pretty cool little variety of moves from there.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

I'm so glad I never went ahead with any of my previous thoughts about starting my own development territory and waited until PWG was going out of business.

Other than Tyler (and Marshall's family, obviously) I've never heard of any of these people and I hope the Young Bucks have a lot of fun kicking the poo poo out of them. You'll have more friends join you soon. I'm probably going to hire pretty much everybody who shows up as being hot in my news feed, at least for a little while.

The developmental fed will use them in whatever role they're best at. So if they're an active wrestler, that's what they'll do. It's pretty cool.

The incredible illustrious history of my developmental fed's world title. The Tag Titles have been Samoa Joe + different developmental partner for the past 4 years lol

Honestly it's one of my favorite parts of the game. I love signing up all of the young talent and having something to do with guys who aren't good enough to work for me directly anymore. I have two developmental feds that I started myself and I bought out RoH to keep them from going out of business and made them one too. I have about 40 people under developmental deals.

It's actually kind of dumb because the other companies really won't compete for anyone who doesn't have high overness, so you can sign every good prospect no matter what. Makes the game easy, but I've already stomped WWE and become the undisputed top promotion, so I'm enjoying it.

I also created an alliance with Smash, ICW, New Japan, DTU, and Zero 1, and it's really fun having alliance titles and seeing my younger stars show up on their shows to defend them.

edit: speaking of, I've made it far enough into the game that most of the "real" people are either retired or declining in ability, so I'm pinning my hopes for the future on these guys:

Trying to develop young wrestlers instead of just fantasy booking the people I like in real life is a new experience, usually I get bored of the game by this point and quit

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 27, 2017

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Anybody else having trouble getting the mediafire link for the latest TEW update to download? I'm stuck on "waiting for available socket"

Basic Chunnel posted:

Guys sent to developmental as trainers will feature in shows if they're active, yes.

Sweet! Thanks!

STAC Goat posted:

If like you had a "school company" where no one was over you'd probably get bothered that your trainers were being overused because they're the most over guys on the roster. But with PWG you're probably fine as they'll just work into the roster. Employ 2 or 3 vets, maybe even guys from your roster who you don't have any current story use for. They'll blend in.

One of the cool things about TEW16 is that if you have like a vet that you shoved in a tag team just to give them something to do you can go ahead and send them to the developmental as a trainer and then just "borrow" them on show days to use the tag team. Its a fun little way to use guys like that if you don't care about giving them pushes or stories.

Ok, awesome. I'm sending the Machine Guns down there as soon as I get the new version. And now that you mention it, I remember reading about the borrowing option before too. Thanks!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Stuff about your game/development fed

"Danielson" and "Jericho" brands. That's awesome. It's going to be interesting if I keep this file going that far into the future. Guys are retiring left right and center in my game now.

Saw you had TJ Wilson as a previous champ, that reminds me, I'll probably send him to PWG too. I had counted him out from being a trainer cause I wanted to have him as a central figure in the upcoming tournament for my cruiserweight title, but I can just borrow him back from PWG.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Perry Normal posted:

Ok, awesome. I'm sending the Machine Guns down there as soon as I get the new version. And now that you mention it, I remember reading about the borrowing option before too. Thanks!

Yeah, the fact that you can "borrow" anyone you have on a Developmental contract for any show is a really flexible tool for you that you won't fully appreciate until that day you're like one tag team short of booking a card and remember you can just grab one from NXT/OVW/Whatever and send them on your way. It allows you to majorly expand your roster and try out things with no real "cost" or planning. Its fun for the in-head world building.

The only rub is them being ok with being used that way, but that's workable. Alliances are fun that way too because between them and developmentals you can build this little "universe" for yourself where you push along a lot of talent trading and interactivity.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

"Danielson" and "Jericho" brands. That's awesome. It's going to be interesting if I keep this file going that far into the future. Guys are retiring left right and center in my game now.

Saw you had TJ Wilson as a previous champ, that reminds me, I'll probably send him to PWG too. I had counted him out from being a trainer cause I wanted to have him as a central figure in the upcoming tournament for my cruiserweight title, but I can just borrow him back from PWG.

Oh yeah, my roster got huge so I decided to do a brand split rather than sensibly firing a ton of people. Jericho had been my main generically face authority figure character for the past 6 years or so, he replaced Shawn Michaels after HBK became toxic in a racism scandal and then ODed and died. I decided that the basis for the split would be Jericho suddenly turning heel (I do like all clean finishes and have not done any heel authority stuff so this was totally insane by my company's standards) in order to help his BEST FRIEND Kevin Steen keep the world title in a defense against Adam Cole.

I then had Jericho spend about a month cutting promos about how only his BEST FRIEND and other deserving veterans should be on TV and the young guys/people he didn't like would be fired. Then I introduced Danielson, who had just left WWE, as the 'face' authority figure who showed up and took all of those guys to his brand.

Kept everything separate but for a big blow off between the brands at a PPV and then just rolled along as separate shows with no interaction between them for a good 6 months. Now I'm doing an angle where Corey Graves invaded the company and was determined to destroy them as revenge for WWE (hey, every promotion needs an nWo angle at some point) and he's BREAKING ALL THE RULES by appearing on both brands and managing people in both brands as heels. Jericho and Danielson now working together as grudging partners to save the company. My current plan is for Ichimonji to save the day by defeating Marc McKing (who I have kept unbeaten since he popped out of the dojo straight to the main roster) and then Endoso (top "invasion" heel) to unify my top titles at my big end of the year show. I'll then have one world champ who appears to defend on both brands, because I think having two "equal" world titles is dumb and just makes them both seem lovely.

I tend to get bored with short term angles and just stopped doing them, but I like having an overarching long term story for my shows even if most of them are just "this would be a cool match" when it comes to the actual booking.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

what's the modern day mod everyone uses

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

C. Everett Koop posted:

All we really need is a ladder match and breakable tables and we're set for life.

Didn't the director say that he was planning on making the announcers table interactive?

Even something as simple as No Mercy style tables would be pretty cool.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basic Chunnel posted:

what's the modern day mod everyone uses

I think the general consensus is TheWho's mod if you want a bigger world and Fleisch's if you want a more balanced but smaller "mainstream". I have some sloppy and massive amalgamation of different mods and personal tweaks set in 2013 because that's when I stopped really paying attention to wrestling.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Your kick rear end fed

That sounds awesome. Good use of the different brands to build that story. Makes me want to do a brand split just for the story potential when you bring them back together for special occasions.

It's hilarious to think of Corey Graves as someone who could make huge, nWo-like waves, but I suppose in 2025 he's been on WWE TV for about a decade at that point.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

HBK became toxic in a racism scandal and then ODed and died.

I love things like this so much. Okada just had his career destroyed cause of his taste for prostitutes in mine.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Perry Normal posted:

That sounds awesome. Good use of the different brands to build that story. Makes me want to do a brand split just for the story potential when you bring them back together for special occasions.

It's hilarious to think of Corey Graves as someone who could make huge, nWo-like waves, but I suppose in 2025 he's been on WWE TV for about a decade at that point.

I love things like this so much. Okada just had his career destroyed cause of his taste for prostitutes in mine.

Yeah, Graves was spur of the moment, his contract was up with WWE and he was B+ overness everywhere, and he had good mic + charisma skills so I figured why not.

The prostitute thing is kind of what made my company, WWE fired Kevin Steen/Owens after his prostitution scandal and I immediately hired him and made him my star, that was the catalyst for my taking over as the #1 promotion.

Somehow I imagine it would be a lot worse for Okada in real life, I imagine the game doesn't actually model any differences in how Japan would handle such a scandal, but it's pretty funny to imagine.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Does TEW ever go on sale? I want to get into it since I'm a hopeless sperg, but $35 is a bit steep for something that I know I'm gonna bounce off of for months.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The price drops when the next iteration comes out, Ryland has no incentive to do otherwise.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:sigh: Guess I'll just wait til TEW16 finally makes its way to Steam then. If I'm paying full price for a niche thing then I'm sure as hell not dealing with a standalone thing on top of that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/FireProWorld/status/868603449146884096

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The WWE/2K graphics are starting to improve. Did they up the budget?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love reading all the stuff going on in everyone's TEW-verses so please keep posting them