Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Super No Vacancy posted:

are there any really good real world mods? like actually good

A couple years ago there was a goon-run game of WMMA and Shinya Aoki ended up being unbeatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Is this real life :psyduck:

No because TNA doesn't have 2m to lose.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

1st AD posted:

A couple years ago there was a goon-run game of WMMA and Shinya Aoki ended up being unbeatable.

and let's not forget TJ Dillashaw going undefeated against goons in the openweight tournament

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Shiiiiiiit. I'm super tempted by that TEW offer, but that difficulty wall...

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
TEW question:
If you're located in a part of the country with no spillover (I'm playing as FCW, out of Puerto Rico), will you reach a point where you develop popularity in other regions anyhow? Like, is there a "generic" spillover stat? Or like, can I expand if I switch to Internet casting or...

I want to know how I can actually get popularity outside of Puerto Rico without holding house shows in front of 45 guys. I'm a "Regional" sized power. Why am I not actually able to do things in my region?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Veryslightlymad posted:

TEW question:
If you're located in a part of the country with no spillover (I'm playing as FCW, out of Puerto Rico), will you reach a point where you develop popularity in other regions anyhow? Like, is there a "generic" spillover stat? Or like, can I expand if I switch to Internet casting or...

I want to know how I can actually get popularity outside of Puerto Rico without holding house shows in front of 45 guys. I'm a "Regional" sized power. Why am I not actually able to do things in my region?

Ultimately you are just gonna have to suck it up and run shows in another area and take the hits until you rise to cult, then you can get better tv and ppv deals.

Changing to internet will help, but it is random, you might start getting small popularity boosts in some other area not even close to where you run shows.

Also, try getting a ppv deal if you haven't already, at regional as long as you have decent production values you should be able to get at least a small one (depending on the mod you are running ofc)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Momentum counts. Win the PR regional battle, then run short shows in another region, balancing cost with drawing names. And don't be afraid to make a play for underserved areas, like Australia. Don't try to play upstart against EVOLVE or whatever.

TEW19 is going to need to add India, maybe China and South America too.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 10, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a weird thing but I've been waiting for India to be added ever since Ring Ka King.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Unfortunately you can't natively change regional traits in the middle of a game, but if you wanted to unskew the game world away from US/Japan/UK/Mexico dominance (or uncharitably put, make things easier for yourself), you could go into the database and change the importance / community scores for the Europe and Australia regions. As it is they're set up to make drawing harder there.

All you'd need would be a database program like Microsoft Access, and if the mod is password-protected, the password. TEW13 mod passwords tended to be easy to find.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm interested in the stories people had early on in TEW2016's life, when cliques and wrestler personalities could run roughshod over your fed. I'm not seeing that happen but Kana is locker room poison and sends me an email burying somebody new every week. I kind of wonder if that sort of pushing happens and has an effect on AI showrunners.

*e - aaand she just bailed on her contract for Ice Ribbon the week before she was supposed to go over Tyler Bate. Your loss dumbass

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 10, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm interested in the stories people had early on in TEW2016's life, when cliques and wrestler personalities could run roughshod over your fed. I'm not seeing that happen but Kana is locker room poison and sends me an email burying somebody new every week. I kind of wonder if that sort of pushing happens and has an effect on AI showrunners.

*e - aaand she just bailed on her contract for Ice Ribbon the week before she was supposed to go over Tyler Bate. Your loss dumbass

I'm playing a WCW mod, and it seems as political as real life. Nash and Hogan are huge assholes but I can't resist their drawing power so I let them be jerks.

At least I re-signed them to contracts without creative control

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Veryslightlymad posted:

TEW question:

FCW get generic spillover IIRC, I beleive that they get it in the Tri-State and South-East.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Is there like a beginners guide to TEW anywhere? I can tell that I'm probably gonna cave and buy it, so I'd like to already have that sort of thing handy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ShootaBoy posted:

Is there like a beginners guide to TEW anywhere? I can tell that I'm probably gonna cave and buy it, so I'd like to already have that sort of thing handy.

The greydogsoftware forums have a bunch of guides that should help you out.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

I had never had a single locker room issue like this until 2026, when all of a sudden Alberto Pastor (a generated "large heavyweight" who I was always tempted to fire as he hadn't developed the way I hoped) suddenly turned the entire locker room against his hated rival......Taeler Hendrix.

I went from having 100% lockerroom every show to suddenly being in the 60s and 70s. I'm just imagining how devastating this could be if either person involved was actually important.

I've also brought in Jamie Noble's wife, you might know her as 'Stephanie McMahon' on a PPA contract. HHH is still booker for WWE after the divorce (and Vince is still alive and an on screen character) so I guess she's ready to get revenge by joining the competition. No idea what I'm going to do with her, but it was too funny of an option to pass up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Booting up TEW for the first time in a few weeks, the most recent patch seems interesting:

quote:

Made the lower popularity mechanic apply to workers in angles as well as matches
Increased the maximum amount of popularity a worker can gain from the lower popularity mechanic
Allowed high graded segments to give extra popularity boost to workers using the lower popularity mechanic

I always wished you could attempt a surprise debut of someone and get them over quickly... maybe this will help in that regard.

The lower popularity mechanic is:

quote:

Low Popularity Mechanics: The mechanics whereby a low-level worker appearing for a large company gets a popularity boost to bring him up to a minimum level have been overhauled to be more realistic and more powerful. This makes it easier to get an unknown rookie up to at least a viable opening match worker.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Booting up TEW for the first time in a few weeks, the most recent patch seems interesting:

I always wished you could attempt a surprise debut of someone and get them over quickly... maybe this will help in that regard.

The lower popularity mechanic is:

My impression is that it works much more realistically than in the past. I brought in a young guy with A* Charisma A* Mic Skills B+ star power and immediately gave him a Goldberg undefeated push + a lot of mic time and he was super over within a few months. It seemed like in old TEWs it would have taken two years

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'd be lying if I said that I loved the new locker room mechanics in 16'.

In my 96' game Shawn Micheals, over the course of about 2 months, turned about 30 employees against Bret Hart, which was hell on my locker room harmony. And quite frankly a little excessive.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Why not just edit the database and make him a little less of a dickbag? The settings the mod maker set aren't sacred. If it's more fun for you, make him an irritable turd instead of the full-on terror of the locker room.

EDIT - the other point to be made is it probably wasn't very much fun in real life to manage a locker room with HBK stirring poo poo up constantly, even if he likely wasn't literally turning everyone against someone like the game mechanic does.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 12, 2017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Perry Normal posted:

Why not just edit the database and make him a little less of a dickbag? The settings the mod maker set aren't sacred. If it's more fun for you, make him an irritable turd instead of the full-on terror of the locker room.

EDIT - the other point to be made is it probably wasn't very much fun in real life to manage a locker room with HBK stirring poo poo up constantly, even if he likely wasn't literally turning everyone against someone like the game mechanic does.

I think the thing that galled me about it was that there is no effective pushback mechanic, the 'meddle with relationship' is useless even with 10 negotiation (or whatever trait that thing keys off of) road agents and locker room leaders are as susceptible to it as anybody and you I'm pretty sure you can't even discipline for it. And he was doing it every other week. With like 8 guys at a time. While I'm just thinking 'why is everybody listening to this shithead?'

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hey can someone in champions in the goon group tell me what my username in game was? my phone exploded and im trying to recover my account, never knew I had to link it to facebook

idk if it was MotU or Let's Get Upset! or what

i think I was made an officer if that helps

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MotU posted:

hey can someone in champions in the goon group tell me what my username in game was? my phone exploded and im trying to recover my account, never knew I had to link it to facebook

idk if it was MotU or Let's Get Upset! or what

i think I was made an officer if that helps

You're MotU.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Julio Cruz posted:

You're MotU.

thank you :3:

does it also list my account level?

MotU fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 13, 2017

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

MotU posted:

thank you :3:

does it also list my account level?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

ChrisBTY posted:

I think the thing that galled me about it was that there is no effective pushback mechanic, the 'meddle with relationship' is useless even with 10 negotiation (or whatever trait that thing keys off of) road agents and locker room leaders are as susceptible to it as anybody and you I'm pretty sure you can't even discipline for it. And he was doing it every other week. With like 8 guys at a time. While I'm just thinking 'why is everybody listening to this shithead?'

Yeah, it'd be great if there was a way to actually deal with it within the game. I tried meddling twice, both times it just made things worse so I never touched it again. It might be a good idea if they changed it so that assholes like that have a disproportionate amount of influence over their own friends and allies but not necessarily the entire locker room. But I don't know if that would change the balance of the game somehow. In the absence of that though, if Batista (the only guy stirring up any poo poo for me currently) gets too far out of line I may just edit him to be less of a dick so I don't have to deal with it.

PWG had their first show as my development territory.

Forgot that PWG did male vs. female matches. Threw me for a loop when I noticed my one female recruit in that match. Quick scramble to hire more women and send them to PWG.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My solution was to fire the guy causing the problems in front of the entire locker room

I wish there was also a 'cut shoot interview burying him' option, but alas we're not there yet

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

hey thanks got my account back!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Ad reset trick for Supercard

For ios
1. Force close the game
2. Open settings
3. Privacy
4. Advertising
5. Reset advertising identifier

For Android
Force close game
Google settings
Ads
Reset advertising ID

Anytime you run out of ads to watch for free bouts, you can use this method to get more. Don't use if you really like targeted ads.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

According to a dude from Spike Chunsoft, they're announcing the release date for Fire Pro next Wednesday at an event in Japan, so we're going to hear about it Tuesday sometime, because Japan is a weird future zone

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My solution was to fire the guy causing the problems in front of the entire locker room

I wish there was also a 'cut shoot interview burying him' option, but alas we're not there yet

I don't mind Nash turning my locker room against Jericho so much... but as he's doing it my backstage atmosphere has plummeted 30%. Now I'm probably in a cycle of doom

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

I don't mind Nash turning my locker room against Jericho so much... but as he's doing it my backstage atmosphere has plummeted 30%. Now I'm probably in a cycle of doom

Mine dropped from 100 to 73 and my last 3 shows have seen:

Young guy just called up from developmental/potential star attacks and beats up a referee

Guy I just signed from CMLL to be an instant new star attacks Dez Baroni but gets his rear end kicked instead. (Dez Baroni is just some random journeyman tag team wrestler for me, but he also kicked Kurt Angle's rear end in similar fashion about 7 game time years ago, and then Angle sued me for wrongful termination and won over a million dollars)

My world champion attacks and beats up the guy who put him over for the title

The cycle of doom may be real here

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The cycle of doom may be real here

You definitely start down a sliding slope, where bad backstage rating causes dudes to act out, then the more they act out the worse the backstage becomes. All my old timer road agents host video game tournaments but it's just not enough!!

I just gave everyone $3,000 to get my rating up to 50%. It's the true WCW way

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Can anyone point me to a TEW16 mod that will show me the numbers alongside the letter grades? I found one on their forums but it only did it for a few things, and I'd like to have it for everything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ShootaBoy posted:

Can anyone point me to a TEW16 mod that will show me the numbers alongside the letter grades? I found one on their forums but it only did it for a few things, and I'd like to have it for everything.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533482

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

January 1st 2019 and only a few months after breaking the Cult barrier, BCW just turned its first profit. I ended up turning off economy effects, though, as too many indies were dropping (both Evolve and Gabe's next venture folded, as did AIW). But it was on for long enough that WWE had a pretty insane drop in size, from national to cult, so the national battle has started pretty early. Most of their cost-cutting has come from their women's division and BCW has no gender divide, so it's been good for me to pick up Bliss / Charlotte / Nattie / Asuka (though she bailed on me back when I was still doing PPA deals), and as of this month I've even poached some guys at the end of their deals - Johnny Gargano just walked away from a rudderless midcard spot, AJ Styles is due to be my new ace after the next PPV, and I got Kevin Owens for a song since WWE didn't seem keen to get into a bidding war (he also happened to be halfway into a year's recovery for a spinal injury, but I rolled the dice on surgery and his prognosis is good).

As soon as I turned cult, I also gave myself a million to establish a developmental territory, and installed the newly unemployed Bryan Danielson as owner / booker / head trainer for the dojo. WWE's days are numbered.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh that's much better than what I had, thanks!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

January 1st 2019 and only a few months after breaking the Cult barrier, BCW just turned its first profit. I ended up turning off economy effects, though, as too many indies were dropping (both Evolve and Gabe's next venture folded, as did AIW). But it was on for long enough that WWE had a pretty insane drop in size, from national to cult, so the national battle has started pretty early. Most of their cost-cutting has come from their women's division and BCW has no gender divide, so it's been good for me to pick up Bliss / Charlotte / Nattie / Asuka (though she bailed on me back when I was still doing PPA deals), and as of this month I've even poached some guys at the end of their deals - Johnny Gargano just walked away from a rudderless midcard spot, AJ Styles is due to be my new ace after the next PPV, and I got Kevin Owens for a song since WWE didn't seem keen to get into a bidding war (he also happened to be halfway into a year's recovery for a spinal injury, but I rolled the dice on surgery and his prognosis is good).

As soon as I turned cult, I also gave myself a million to establish a developmental territory, and installed the newly unemployed Bryan Danielson as owner / booker / head trainer for the dojo. WWE's days are numbered.

WWE never seems interested in getting in a bidding war with anyone, it's odd. Danielson as owner/booker is awesome though. I've got Lance Storm running mine and it's been pretty successful. I'm still not sure if the owner/booker actually matters at all, but it's fun putting people in the slots, so I'm not complaining.

Another neat little touch I found out is that if you purchase the titles of out of business companies, it will include them in the history of your hall of fame. I've been putting everyone who has had a part as a head trainer/development owner/authority figure in my company and also "contributed to the business" into my hall, because I'm a huge loving mark, and it was nice seeing this pop up:

Finally, it's truly Vader Time...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fire pro release date announced on 6/21.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E

gif Probst posted:

fire pro release date announced on 6/21.

For a second I thought this said it's being released on 6/21

...Then I just realized it is the date of the announcement of a release date. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

triplexpac posted:

You definitely start down a sliding slope, where bad backstage rating causes dudes to act out, then the more they act out the worse the backstage becomes. All my old timer road agents host video game tournaments but it's just not enough!!

I just gave everyone $3,000 to get my rating up to 50%. It's the true WCW way

My way of dealing with these things is A: Get rid of any troublemakers who arn't absolutely essential. This absolutely kills me in 2016 because I had to dump Shawn Micheals and Chris Jericho after I pushed him too fast (hate that mechanic BTW) and B: Abuse relationships. Hire jobbers with positive relationships with other jobbers. My locker rooms are a frequent Samoan/Armstrong family reunion.

I tried doing Nov 97 WCW. Fixing that locker room is not impossible (well maybe if you're playing as Booker), the biggest obstacle was figuring out what to do about Eric Bischoff. Super prick, not useful, but he also has a lot of people who love him and get pissed off when you boot him, including otherwise positive influences like The Giant and DDP. I did it anyway, because gently caress that guy.