Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Kins posted:

PS4 doesn't have an equivalent unfinished-games-for-sale program, so it won't come out on PS4 until they leave Steam Early Access. Their budget etc. means they can only stay in Early Access until next spring at the latest, so probably around then?

they've said they want it out by end of year but who knows.

Is that irish whip fix what I think it is, i.e. whipping someone from a weird angle and they just stop at the corner instead of being slumped into the post? because that is loving fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

DLC Inc posted:

Is that irish whip fix what I think it is, i.e. whipping someone from a weird angle and they just stop at the corner instead of being slumped into the post? because that is loving fantastic

That's what I'm assuming because it's been a complaint for years/decades

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

this video basically sums up my feelings about this patch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=3AUJmVh-H84

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Budget Dracula posted:

HOLY poo poo. People wanted this since the SNES. They could have rereleased R with no changes except this and people would be hype. I'm stoked for two things: The directors seem to care a bunch about making this a success under the hood and I don't have to buy 2K anymore.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Have the devs mentioned anything about video options ie: the weird filtering?

I guess years of playing FPR on a PS2 emulator at 1080p with no filtering has broken my brain.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Budget Dracula posted:

holy poo poo

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well went ahead and bought Fire Pro Wrestling World, only had to pay a little over 2 bucks for it thanks to selling off some unwanted Team Fortress 2 items

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
One fix I'm waiting for is the "press X to preview sound" thing actually working. I really can't remember what all these sound clips are like and so I have to go back and forth between skills and moveset.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

So doing the tutorial, and I can't figure out what button they want me to press for grappling, the settings say it's "button 4" but that's not very helpful

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Never mind figured it out, the timing is brutal though

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Are any of the PS2-era NJPW games (Wrestle Kingdom, Wrestle Kingdom 2, etc.) worth playing?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Never mind figured it out, the timing is brutal though

once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature. it took me a bit to acclimate from the delay in Fire Pro Returns to the new timing in this one

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got this game early because I wanted to support the team and I'm glad they keep making it better and better. I think I'll probably get back in and play once the story mode comes out.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

DLC Inc posted:

once you get the hang of it it becomes second nature. it took me a bit to acclimate from the delay in Fire Pro Returns to the new timing in this one

Part of the problem is that the window for it is ridiculously small for something essential to the game, especially since outside of the tutorial there's no visual or audio tell for it, might be the single most needlessly obtuse mechanic I've ever encountered

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Final 2K18 Roster Reveal up. Here is the updated list of who is NOT in the game

WWE Main Roster
Elias
James Ellsworth
Jeff Hardy
Lana
Maria Kanellis
Matt Hardy
Mike Kanellis
Shelton Benjamin
Samir Singh
Sunil Singh

WWE Cruiserweights
Ariya Daivari
Drew Gulak
Lince Dorado
Mustafa Ali
Tony Nese

NXT
Adam Cole
Alister Black
Andrade Almas
Aliyah
Angelo Dawkins
Bobby Fish
Buddy Murphy
Drew McIntyre
Kyle O'Reilly
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose
Montez Ford
Oney Lorcan
Otis Dozovic
Ruby Riot
Sonya Deville
The Velveteen Dream
Tucker Knight
Wesley Blake

Legends/Alumni in 2K17
Albert
Arn Anderson
Billy Gunn
Brian Pillman
Papa Shango
Road Dogg Jesse James

Legends/Alumni in 2K16
Col. Mustafa
D-Lo Brown
Faarooq
Fit Finlay
General Adnan
Haku
Honky Tonk Man
Kama Mustafa
Ken Shamrock
Mikey Whipwreck
Santino Marella
Savio Vega
Sgt. Slaughter
William Regal
X-Pac

Honestly... what are they going to do as DLC this year? I could see an NXT pack with Alister Black, Almas, MacIntyre, and maybe someone else.... Hardy's are the clear ones missing from the Main Roster. Foley is in, but his 3 personas were cut.

This site has the list of the full roster
https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k18/roster/#all-140

Here is who is new in just 2K18

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 6, 2017

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Kinda shocked TM61 made it in. Also inexplicably pleased about Rick Martel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The season pass has 3 DLCs. 1 has been new moves for a while now, so NXT and the Hardys sounds likely.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

3 faces of Foley are in. Yesterday they confirmed on their forums who is getting multiple slots or attires.

2k devs posted:

Each Line = Different Slot
"/" = Different Attire

Big Boss Man ‘91
Big Boss Man ‘99

Big Show (current)
Big Show ‘00

Bret “Hitman” Hart ‘97
Bret “Hitman” Hart ‘98

Cactus Jack ’92
Cactus Jack ‘98
Dude Love
Mankind

DDP ‘92
DDP ‘98

Chris Jericho (current)
Chris Jericho ‘00

Finn Balor
Finn Balor Demon

Kane/Corporate Kane (current)
Kane ‘98

Kevin Nash
Diesel

Michael “PS” Hayes ‘86/ Michael “PS” Hayes ‘92

Ric Flair ‘88
Ric Flair ‘91

Ricky Steamboat ‘91
Ricky Steamboat ‘94

Scott Hall
Razor Ramon

Triple H (current)
Triple H ‘01
Triple H’ 98

The Undertaker (current)
Undertaker ’91 / Undertaker ’98/ Undertaker ’99 Ministry of Darkness
Undertaker ‘00

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
ah... well I removed those Foley attires, and somehow left Warrior on that list when he was added today.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Part of the problem is that the window for it is ridiculously small for something essential to the game, especially since outside of the tutorial there's no visual or audio tell for it, might be the single most needlessly obtuse mechanic I've ever encountered

You'll always miss some cues, and the opponent will get to hit some of their moves, but I think that helps keep the back-and-forth. In a lot of the missions you're playing to win but a big part of the game is just putting on a good match. The game could definitely teach itself better- the missions are okay but the documentation/UI/etc. needs work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No Big Hog, no buys

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Go ahead and say they upped the CAW slots to like 200 please

That roster is pretty killer

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KoldPT posted:

Are any of the PS2-era NJPW games (Wrestle Kingdom, Wrestle Kingdom 2, etc.) worth playing?

I can't remember if it was those ones or the King of Colosseum games, but they were either 3D Fire Pro games or Here Comes the Pain style wrestling games. So I'd say yes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tato posted:

Kinda shocked TM61 made it in.

I had actually forgotten they even exist. Especially with the weird decision to keep both off television for close to a year when only one got injured.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I had actually forgotten they even exist. Especially with the weird decision to keep both off television for close to a year when only one got injured.

They seem to be doing this with pretty much every tag team now. i.e. Revival and the Colons, (you'd be forgiven for thinking the later were released though.)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

I can't remember if it was those ones or the King of Colosseum games, but they were either 3D Fire Pro games or Here Comes the Pain style wrestling games. So I'd say yes.

King of Colosseum were made by Spike and are licensed with all of the wrestlers/companies you'd want to see. It's pretty drat good and shouldn't be hard to track down.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
If you end up with KoC Red and Green, they can be installed to a PS2 HDD so you can use both rosters.

I'd still just go with KoC2 though.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Thinking it over at least some of the problems I'm having with the timing is probably due to the controller I'm using, probably need to buy myself a new Xbox 360 controller to be able to do it right

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so the nL Royal Rumble VODs got me in the mood for some Wrestling Mpire 2008

and uh, man this game doesn't play as well as I remembered :v: it's still completely hilarious but reversals seem to be totally random and usually in the computer's favor, and occasionally when I go outside the ring to try and force-DQ the opponent the ref starts inexplicably trying to beat the poo poo out of me

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
after struggling a bit, I ended up making a 7'11" 600lb beast of a man named Garbage rear end and it turns out the key to squashing everything is to just be huge and stronk as hell

e: also, all of the weapons humanly possible, the game will DQ you for smacking someone with a thing in a non-hardcore match but suplexing people through tables is A-OK and flinging someone out of the ring into a stack of tables is beautiful

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
aaaand i spoke too soon, got a head injury in a Hall of Mirrors match that will take a month and a half to heal (the other guy lost his hand and was only out for 4 weeks)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

2k18 only has 2 Kane attires but Triple H gets 3? this game is garbage

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

DLC Inc posted:

2k18 only has 2 Kane attires but Triple H gets 3? this game is garbage

Well if I'm parsing that list correctly, they have 3 attires each, spread between different amounts of character slots. H just has an extra slot, which I'd assume mostly accounts for entrance music since it's not like his moveset should change much.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 8, 2017

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I wonder if the order is still in place to never show HHH being beaten up in any of the trailers/screenshots.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I wonder if the order is still in place to never show HHH being beaten up in any of the trailers/screenshots.

no, there were a handful of pictures years ago

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Minidust posted:

Well if I'm parsing that list correctly, they have 3 attires each, spread between different amounts of character slots. H just has an extra slot, which I'd assume mostly accounts for entrance music since it's not like his moveset should change much.

Will Terminator H get a slot?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seth destroyed that gear, please pay attention to the canon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Since Seth is the cover wrestler I'm expecting this incarnation is his god mode moveset including Avada Kedavra / God's Last Gift / the standing Sethwalker shiranui / Curb Stomp / stolen knee attack from Omega. I always hated how he used the Pedigree for 2 years for a finisher over all the rest of the cool poo poo he did.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All of those are in previous games and so should be in the new one, except for the knee maybe.

He might have started using it too recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

DLC Inc posted:

Since Seth is the cover wrestler I'm expecting this incarnation is his god mode moveset including Avada Kedavra / God's Last Gift / the standing Sethwalker shiranui / Curb Stomp / stolen knee attack from Omega. I always hated how he used the Pedigree for 2 years for a finisher over all the rest of the cool poo poo he did.
Greetings from Ghana