Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Surely that's from the Switch version.... surely.

Surely. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Happy Happyist posted:

Surely that's from the Switch version.... surely.

Surely. I hope.

its been like 11 years of this dude how does everyone fall for their graphic renders they show each summer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the games have, since 08, always looked like absolute rear end and poo. the animation has been horrible since hctp. the graphics have underdelivered from what was promised since 2010.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also they suck

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it's the first Fire Pro release in a while so get it anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but it's the first Fire Pro release in a while so get it anyway.

:drat:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
While it's not a wrestling game, Yakuza Kiwami 2, a remake of Yakuza 2 in the Yakuza 6 engine, just announced that Keiji Mutoh, Tatsumi Fujinami, Genichiro Tenryu, Riki Choshu, and Masahiro Chono will all be in it replacing the modern NJPW guys as gang leaders in 6's gang warfare mini game.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KungFu Grip posted:

While it's not a wrestling game, Yakuza Kiwami 2, a remake of Yakuza 2 in the Yakuza 6 engine, just announced that Keiji Mutoh, Tatsumi Fujinami, Genichiro Tenryu, Riki Choshu, and Masahiro Chono will all be in it replacing the modern NJPW guys as gang leaders in 6's gang warfare mini game.

gently caress now I have to get a PS4. Black Friday here I come!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Taintrunner posted:

gently caress now I have to get a PS4. Black Friday here I come!

If you do get a PS4, you should also get a copy of Bloodborne(and it's DLC), as it's the best exclusive title the console has

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Ha! So Kiwami 2 is to 6, as Kiwami 1 is to Zero?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
^^ Kiwami 2 uses the Yakuza 6 engine, while Kiwami 1 used the engine from Yakuza 0, so yeah.

GODDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 21, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

shoplifter posted:

^^ Kiwami 2 uses the Yakuza 6 engine, while Kiwami 1 used the engine from Yakuza 0, so yeah.

GODDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

You know what? I hope that everyone sells Chono's slaps like Yamazaki does.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

"Hammerstein Ballroom" is one of the arenas in 2K18, as is the option to put a filter on the screen to look "8-Bit"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

That’s 6 more than how it usually looks

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
:rimshot:

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

That’s 6 more than how it usually looks

I guffawed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

"Hammerstein Ballroom" is one of the arenas in 2K18, as is the option to put a filter on the screen to look "8-Bit"

I assume the ballroom is for some kind of Cena showcase thing so you can do the ONS2 match with RVD?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Davros1 posted:

Here's some more creation suite stuff.

The high school gymnasium @5:00 looks great.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
here's the official video instead of listening to some whiny sounding british guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDKIbT1lwr0

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

At least they nailed Shane's striking

Well, apparently there's a reason for that: Shane did his own mo-cap.

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/n..._medium=twitter

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
it owns that they spent their time adding an 8bit filter instead of making the game fun

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ancient Vampire Shane is pretty scary.

Angry_Ed posted:

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with using mocap, but you have to be willing to clean it up more. One of the things that pissed me off about SvR '07, for example, was that 75% of the moves no longer looked like they had any force or power to them. It felt like they didn't do any refining of the initial motion captures beyond making sure it was smooth over making sure it looked good. Unfortunately it seems like the same mistake is being repeated again, and again, and again.

The other problem is that at this point we'd have to get a completely new engine for them to be willing to abandon their massive library of motion-captured moves and even then I'm sure they'd still keep trying to use them, as they had in the past.

Compare really anything in post-mocap games to the movement/bumping/selling in HCTP moves (which still has moves that have never appeared again in WWE games).

Try and figure out what they were trying to do with the current mocapped Angle Slam--because it's certainly not an Angle Slam. There are almost no powerbombs or DDTs that look good. No one bounces from almost any move, they all bump like they weigh 500 pounds. Most of the moves look like they were done in slow motion, while something as simple as an arm drag in HCTP looks brutal because there wasn't a mocapper there to worry about doing it perfectly or tearing a muscle.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

dont even fink about it posted:

Try and figure out what they were trying to do with the current mocapped Angle Slam--because it's certainly not an Angle Slam. T

also a reminder that the current angle slam's in like 2k16 and 17 are based off of randy orton's lovely ones and not angle's

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So I have 2k17 on the PS3, and I was making a minor show in Universe mode, and when it comes to choose the number of matches, it gives choices of "Com" "Manager" "Overall" and "User". Anyone understand what that means?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

PC release of 2K18 is same day as the console version

Also:

Davros1 posted:

So I have 2k17 on the PS3, and I was making a minor show in Universe mode, and when it comes to choose the number of matches, it gives choices of "Com" "Manager" "Overall" and "User". Anyone understand what that means?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

$90 for the deluxe edition, get hosed 2k

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

according to this post it's a bug

quote:

EDIT: The bug effects all minor shows in Universe.

Manager = 3 matches

User = 4 matches

Empty= 5 matches

Com= 6 Matches

Overall= 7 matches

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

SleepCousinDeath posted:

according to this post it's a bug

Thanks

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Looks like the DLC for 2k18 is being revealed today on Twitter. So far Hardys, Elias and Ruby Riot.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drrockso20 posted:

If you do get a PS4, you should also get a copy of Bloodborne Horizon Zero Dawn (and its DLC), as it's the best exclusive title the console has

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

If you do get a PS4, you should not get a copy of Street Fighter V (and it's DLC), as it's the worst exclusive title the console has

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
drat... I thought for sure Alister Black and Almas would be DLC.

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k18/wwe-2k18-all-dlc-season-pass-details-everything-you-need-to-know

Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Elias, Ruby Riot, Drew Macintyre, and Lars Sullivan are Main Roster/NXT DLC, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson are Hall of Fame DLC. Batista, RVD, Retro Cenas, and Kurt Angle all confirmed to be DLC later.

Must suck to be like James Ellsworth or Lana as one of the few main roster people not in the game

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Astro7x posted:

drat... I thought for sure Alister Black and Almas would be DLC.

https://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k18/wwe-2k18-all-dlc-season-pass-details-everything-you-need-to-know

Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Elias, Ruby Riot, Drew Macintyre, and Lars Sullivan are Main Roster/NXT DLC, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson are Hall of Fame DLC. Batista, RVD, Retro Cenas, and Kurt Angle all confirmed to be DLC later.

Must suck to be like James Ellsworth or Lana as one of the few main roster people not in the game

They say there's two more to go

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There's two more being announced today, but this can't be it. I wouldn't be surprised to see more announcements later. Last game had 32 DLC characters.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
As much as I would like to play as Aleister Black, I'd rather play as Lars Sullivan

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Black is in!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
apparently the DLC is only Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Beth Phoenix, Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Elias, Drew McIntyre, Ruby Riot, Aleister Black, and Lars Sullivan. Including the pre-order and Cena Edition; that comes with two Kurt Angles, 2 John Cenas, Batista, and RVD; 2K18's roster DLC is 16 characters. No price announced while 2K17 had 33 characters including pre-order and NXT edition. The season pass was $30 dollars and included the Move Pack, the all unlock and stat editing DLC, and career mode kickstarter dlc.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNOoKp2nLpI

glad they're putting so much effort into simulating Shane's lovely punches

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Half the DLC characters of 2K17, same price? Unless one of the DLC packs is a fuckton of arenas, this is a major ripoff from previous years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'd rather get it on my PC. My PC is rocking a GTX 1080. Yet, somehow I'm sure it doesn't run as well as the console versions :rolleyes: