Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I started a 1997 real world game as the WWF and Vince gave me an owner goal saying that I can't hire anyone currently working for a promotion that is cult size or higher.

I.... I literally can't win if I'm not allowed to poach WCW guys but they can target my guys carte blanche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I just got an email noting that TEW 2013 is on sale for $5.49 on the steam store. That may just be the Canadian price though.

I'm not sure I'd bother with it, the QOL improvements in later games make a difference

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The event reward in Supercard this weekend is the Gobbledy Gooker.

God dammit. Right when I'm quitting the game, they figured out a way to get me to spend money. (Not actually going to.)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
New Fire a pro patch added a bunch of moves, but the most important one is the Bionic Elbow.

Like, the full setup with jabs, hand rolling dance, and hip wiggle.

Mag... magnificent...

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
It's so nicely animated to!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
$10 off http://greydogsoftware.com/grey-dog-software-announces-black-friday-sale/

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tato posted:

Apparently WWE 2k18 for Switch does exist as some copies already made it to stores and accidentally got obtained. Of course, you can't connect to any server to download the required 24GB patch of additional content. So the game is missing modes and even shadows without the patch. Could be the best game for glitches yet.

24 gig? The gently caress? Skyrim is only like 4GB, and LA Noire was only 12 (assuming you have the cart in both cases). That's almost literally the entirety of the onboard storage if you don't have an SD card installed.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
I made the mistake of buying WWE 2K18 for black Friday. Please tell me the secret of having fun with this stupid loving series.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Gaz-L posted:

24 gig? The gently caress? Skyrim is only like 4GB, and LA Noire was only 12 (assuming you have the cart in both cases). That's almost literally the entirety of the onboard storage if you don't have an SD card installed.

The download if you buy digitally is 32gb from what I hear, so 2k took a game that could theoretically almost all fit on a Switch cart and then cheaped out and used the 8gb carts, offloading the cost of storage onto the customer.

To top it all off, the save file is another 1gb.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yes. The availability of cheap storage options has led most people to say "gently caress it" when it comes to compressing anything on any console. Combine that with 2k taking the cheapest card option possible to save money and you end up with this. The game has the mechanics (and in many times the graphics) of an early PS2 game and is still that large.

But I'm sure the Switch version is very optimized. Not like 2k to release a hunk of poo poo and expect wrestling fans to pay $60 and extra DLC money AND fill up their storage for a sub-standard product, right? ::hurr::

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kukash posted:

I made the mistake of buying WWE 2K18 for black Friday. Please tell me the secret of having fun with this stupid loving series.

The secret is to return it and buy something else with the money

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DoctorDelaware posted:

The event reward in Supercard this weekend is the Gobbledy Gooker.

God dammit. Right when I'm quitting the game, they figured out a way to get me to spend money. (Not actually going to.)

Somehow they released a "Season 4" SuperCard update that barely changed anything but completely broke KOTR mode

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

triplexpac posted:

Somehow they released a "Season 4" SuperCard update that barely changed anything but completely broke KOTR mode

They also broke chat.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
holy gently caress so I'm running a trios tourney sim in Fire Pro World

just ran The Ultimate Mega Powers (Hulkamania-era Hogan, Savage, and Warrior) against the Dudley Boys (Bubba Ray, D-Von and Spike, early ECW era)

Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Hulk Hogan

this loving game

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I apologize for the double post but the AAA/Lucha Underground edit collection on the workshop is loving amazing, Pentagon actually does the arm break spot as his finisher :shittypop:

the fact that I can do a CPU vs CPU 6-man tag match with the classic NWO (Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall) and a team of Cage, Pentagon and Texano Jr and end up with a genuinely loving incredible match is amazing, I love Fire Pro so goddamn much

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress that... not getting this game for the Switch. I can't justify buying a SD card for one game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I apologize for the double post but the AAA/Lucha Underground edit collection on the workshop is loving amazing, Pentagon actually does the arm break spot as his finisher :shittypop:

the fact that I can do a CPU vs CPU 6-man tag match with the classic NWO (Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall) and a team of Cage, Pentagon and Texano Jr and end up with a genuinely loving incredible match is amazing, I love Fire Pro so goddamn much

legit had an Ultimate Warrior scenario where one guy did 3 elbow drops from the top on a guy, who then groggily reversed a move into a small package and won lol.

You can program the AI logic in such ways that actually mimics irl behavior shockingly well, especially the followup logic wherein you can follow up a certain move with a submission or if wrestlers actively grapple from the back i.e. Brock/Benoit/etc for suplex city. It takes some practice to know how everything gels together if you create your own stuff but when it clicks, it really owns.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah one of the nice parts of the game is when some random match you set up on a whim ends up being a 100% barn burner. I always get ideas for pushes based on that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah one of the nice parts of the game is when some random match you set up on a whim ends up being a 100% barn burner. I always get ideas for pushes based on that.

the Young Bucks + Cheeseburger ended up dominating my trios tournament

(because the Bucks are stupidly loving OP, at least the versions I have- Matt is built to 230 and Nick is 244)

e: god loving drat that was a good tournament though, seeding teams by point value makes the results semi-predictable but you get some nuts upsets because of the nature of trios matches

this was my bracket

in order from highest to lowest point value:

Young Burgers were Young Bucks + Cheeseburger
nWo was Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall (1998 WCW edits)
Birds of War was Mac, Charlie and Dennis from the Always Sunny pack
Ultimate Mega Powers was Hulk Hogan + Randy Savage + Ultimate Warrior (all 1988 WWF edits)
Hollywood Hellraisers was Randy "The Ram" Robinson, Zeus, and Bonesaw McGraw
Bee Gees was the Bee Gees
Lucha Monsters was Pentagon Jr, Cage, and El Texano Jr
WWE Cruiserweights was Kalisto, Drew Gulak and Cedric Alexander
Spike Originals was Damon Smith, Keiichiro Asakawa and Ernest Miller from the SWA default wrestlers
CMLL Legends was Volador Jr, Rush, and Dragon Lee
Indie Darlings was Colt Cabana, Will Ospreay and Jay Lethal
Lucha Heroes was Aerostar, Fenix and Drago (I really did not expect these guys to go almost all the way, their matches were hype as gently caress)
Dudley Boys were D-Von, Bubba Ray and Spike Dudley
Orient Express was Pat Tanaka, Kato, and Sato (New Generation era pack)
Bad Gimmick Bears was Irwin R. Schyster, Red Rooster, and Isaac Yankem, DDS (these guys very nearly upset the nWo and I was gonna be pissed)
Doki Doki Literature Club was Monika, Sayori and Natsuki from the DDLC edit pack (they nearly upset the Burgers which made me happy)

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 27, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Those games are both over six years old

E: it is still excessive though

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IDK why you wouldn't buy an SD card for your Switch. I'd prefer they had just made more onboard storage, but you can get 128 GB for $35 for a good card and not have to worry about storage for a bit longer.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They’re really not going to have a DLC for Almas?

Holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They’re really not going to have a DLC for Almas?

Holy poo poo
Someone mentioned above that they heard he specifically asked to not be in the game. No idea how true that is.

I mean, having played the game I wouldn't want to be in it either were it an option.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Just downloaded UFC3 beta and spend few hours with it. If you have any questions, please ask.

Few observations.

- feels more like Fight Night game with all the modifiers for punches/kicks (to hit a hook to the body, hold L2+R2 and press square)

- legkicks are OP at the moment. Game has "healthbar" for legs and three kicks drains it. I've ended multiple matches in under 2mins with straight legkicks.

- no more spamming specials. They burn stamina quickly plus are harder to pull of

- R2 is body L1 is Technical and R1 is signature modifier

- ground still feels weird, basically the same as the last game

- game looks very good but feels..soulles. commentary is canned (This fighter hasa good overhand etc) its Rogan and Anik. No emotion to KO. Crowd feels dead. Small cheer for KO.

- movement and range are very important. Now you can cut angles. Range matters. Nate Diaz feels and fights way different than Paul Felder. You need to be in right range to damage.

- fighters are more unique and have a lot more signature things. Diaz has that awesome 1-2 Lunch. Khabib has that russian boxing stance.

Here is a match i just had, where you can see some of the stuff i mentioned (sorry about the horrible quality)

https://streamable.com/a8eng

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Can you actually one-hit KO people in UFC 3?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Can you actually one-hit KO people in UFC 3?

I havet been able to do that but the AI has done it to me a few times.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

CMLL Legends was Volador Jr, Rush, and Dragon Lee
Dragon Lee was born in 1995. I mean, yeah he's a future legend, I just got a laugh out of your label for the team. Also because it's completely insane that Dragon Lee is 22.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im glad everyone playing FirePro also has experienced the mayhem of the Birds of War team. They were one of the first teams I downloaded and they promptly destroyed a NJPW all star team of Omega, Nakamura, and Styles

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Having spent a couple of days with the UFC 3 beta I'm...really not feeling it? The new striking feels inconsistent and all over the place, and the much quicker pace of it makes the slow input reception feel terrible--I tap the jab button to throw a jab, and in the second it takes my character to start animating the jab I get punched in the face three times and can't block or sway because I'm already jabbing at some point in the theoretical future after I've gone to college and gotten an education for my post-retirement career..

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I can't believe I hadn't seen the corner Canadian Destroyer in Fire Pro yet. What a sick looking move

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

had the best FirePro simulation match ever, wherein a guy was on the outside getting counted out, then the 2nd wrestler runs to the ropes, doe s huge plancha suicide off the apron....only for the 1st guy to get up, get back in the ring and avoid it, just as the 2nd guy is crashing to the floor unconscious and eating the 20 count inherited from his opponent. Amazing, never have seen that poo poo happen in a CPU match.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm used to the count being reset whenever someone re-exits the ring so the strict ringout sometimes confuses me. Is that a Japanese vs American thing?

(Of course all wrestling games are hampered by the count being an actual temporal count and not a plot device to drag the action back into the ring once you've had enough of a schmoz.)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its more of a fire pro thing.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

KungFu Grip posted:

its more of a fire pro thing.

20 counts are more of a Japan thing I think. I remember seeing it quite often in promotions and in old japanese wrestling games like tag team wrestling and such. I saw it so much that when I played the sega genesis WWF games I got counted out once because I thought I had 20 seconds rather than 10 to get back into the ring.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah 20 counts are Japanese, I'm talking about the fact that the count keeps going until both wrestlers are back in the ring. In US stuff you'll often see a guy roll back in and out just to restart the count so they have more time to beat up on a guy.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah 20 counts are Japanese, I'm talking about the fact that the count keeps going until both wrestlers are back in the ring. In US stuff you'll often see a guy roll back in and out just to restart the count so they have more time to beat up on a guy.

Carlzilla's mod has this as an option

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
FPW patched to 0.9700

quote:

Fixed bug where [Running at Downed Opponent], [Pinfall] Priority Moves would be cancelled if wrestler dragged opponent away from rope.
Fixed bug where a wrestler would sometimes initiate a [Running] Priority Move before opponent stood up.
Fixed bug where [Run Up Turnbuckle > Whoops] wouldn’t activate.
Fixed bug where CPU wouldn’t use [Running to Outside the Ring . Feint Jump].
Fixed bug where CPU tag partner would behave strangely if too close to opponent’s partner on the same apron.
Made it so that, when multiple CPU wrestlers on the apron, they will quickly return to the ring if they’re too far away to hit each other.
Fixed bug where, in venues with a horizontal entrance ramp, certain tag partners were unable to drop outside the ring and would instead keep using standing attacks.
Fixed bug where, in venues with a horizontal entrance ramp, if two wrestlers were outside the ring, the CPU would immediately return to the ring if their opponent moved close to the entrance ramp.
Fixed bug where, in venues with a horizontal entrance ramp, CPU wrestlers wouldn’t follow/attack opponent outside of the ring.
Revised CPU movement when approaching opponent outside of the ring.

With the increased fine-tuning and the version numbers jumping closer to 1, I wonder if they're close to the full release. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for Management of the Ring.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do people think it's going to be full on like the one in Fire Pro 2 on the GBA? Or just a "book a single show" mode like the PS2 game?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

algebra testes posted:

Do people think it's going to be full on like the one in Fire Pro 2 on the GBA? Or just a "book a single show" mode like the PS2 game?

Damned if I know. They really haven't said much about it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

algebra testes posted:

As mentioned, we don't really know but I seem to remember them making it sound like it was going to be more like the Fire Pro 2 one when it was brought up on a dev stream. No guarantee though.