Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Some more snippets from management mode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

in the old GBA game were you just managing your own promotion or could you manage all of them?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Budget Dracula posted:

in the old GBA game were you just managing your own promotion or could you manage all of them?

Just your own.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My memory of Management of the Ring mode was that Kane would always come off contract. So Algebra Testes Puro Indy Wrestling was like 5 geeks and Kane in a tiny Gym in Fukuoka.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So I just started playing Fire Pro again after a couple months break.

Is there a save file I should use now or do I keep downloading individual wrassle boys.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

So I just started playing Fire Pro again after a couple months break.

Is there a save file I should use now or do I keep downloading individual wrassle boys.

Individual wrestlemans are the way to go, but for some creators, I can recommend anything by Senator Phillips, Ibsen, otaku2255, and DJKM77.

e: not that there aren't other fantastic creators, but those are the ones I've found where literally anything they make is gonna be a solid, accurate version of the person it's supposed to be.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I fired up TEW 2016 again for a very specific reason.
You see, as many of you are aware former Smashing Pumpkins lead singer and present crazy person Billy Corgan bought whatever was left of the NWA because...you know what I can't even begin to guess at what twisted vision of glory Corgan sees. As of right now he has 3 wrestlers and a belt. That's it.

So I decided to see if there was a modern-day mod that somehow has all 4 characters in it. Amazingly enough there is. So the plan was simple: help Billy elevate his once-great um...brand to the heights it previously enjoyed until I get bored which will almost definitely be nowhere near long enough.

Unfortunately when you're the caretaker of an ever-expanding cast of thousands you tend to lose the hand-crafted care that some of the better static mods enjoy. As a consequence basically EVERYBODY IS THE SAME! Half the wrestlers in the garbage tier I'm recruiting from have the exact same stats. This isn't an issue of blame, it's a Herculean task that needs many more hands than what is available but now I need to figure out a Plan B because Billy Corgan's 3 Ring Circus of 3D Printed Clones doesn't exactly set the mind on fire.

I'm thinking I may have to find a time machine for 4 and take them to a different mod. Any suggestions? Closer to modern times the better.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Someone buy the fpw developers an account here at something awful and let me tell them to let us alphabetize characters by name without reordering all 2000 of my ninja turtles by hand.....

Diddums
Jan 31, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

Billy Corgan's 3 Ring Circus of 3D Printed Clones

You might want to select Start Variances in the database info, if you haven't already. That will randomly adjust stats so everyone is not so samey.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Someone buy the fpw developers an account here at something awful and let me tell them to let us alphabetize characters by name without reordering all 2000 of my ninja turtles by hand.....

The carlzilla mod suite stuff does that, under the "better wrestler organization" tab. It's not the best interface in the world but it's full of neat functionality like that.

Re: the TEW mod, you sure it's not fog of war just saying everyone's "decent" or whatever? Giving everyone the same stats sounds lame even for a TEW mod

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The 2K18 moves DLC might as well be sponsored by Bushiroad, with how many of the moves are specifically for NJPW guys. There's loving Honma headbutts, and the GTR in there.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Fat Lowtax posted:

The carlzilla mod suite stuff does that, under the "better wrestler organization" tab. It's not the best interface in the world but it's full of neat functionality like that.

Re: the TEW mod, you sure it's not fog of war just saying everyone's "decent" or whatever? Giving everyone the same stats sounds lame even for a TEW mod

I never use fog of war. I'm seeing the actual numbers.
There are 6000 workers in the mod and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Diddums posted:

You might want to select Start Variances in the database info, if you haven't already. That will randomly adjust stats so everyone is not so samey.

Ooooh, that's a thing? Excellent.
I need to restart anyway. I forgot that travel expenses are a thing.
Edit: Oh Gods the Start Variance does very, very little.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 15, 2017

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ChrisBTY posted:

I never use fog of war. I'm seeing the actual numbers.
There are 6000 workers in the mod and I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Ooooh, that's a thing? Excellent.
I need to restart anyway. I forgot that travel expenses are a thing.
Edit: Oh Gods the Start Variance does very, very little.

I believe Start Variance is less about changing the base stats, and more about changing the destinies and such. Like, you could play the same scenario twice and have Chuck Taylor rise to be the most over dude in the world in one, and go the opposite way in another.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I thought that happened regardless of stat variance.

One of the big questions I had was whether not a dude with say, a 40 in Microphone could ever cap out at like 95 or does the engine not allow cap differential to be that high.

But yeah, it's really hard to get any kind of emotional investment when not only A: I don't know any of these guys from Adam but B: The game doesn't either.
Do I go with Aaron Arbo or Aaron Draven? You are almost exact carbon copies of each other excluding your styles and sizes which don't matter much.
The only way I'm going to be able to do this is read a lot of cagematch and watch a lot of youtube just so I can individualize this massive list of indy clones.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 15, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChrisBTY posted:

The only way I'm going to be able to do this is read a lot of cagematch and watch a lot of youtube just so I can individualize this massive list of indy clones.

That sounds pretty accurate to the real world tbh.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Cue the entire roster being about half Tim Storm's age because if I must have indistinguishable simulacrums I'm going to have indistinguishable simulacrums with upside.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

IcePhoenix posted:

That sounds pretty accurate to the real world tbh.

When I did my GFW run in 2013 a few years ago I just went by the stats/picture/profiles.
That database was much more fleshed-out.
But I had some misconceptions. Most notably I got confused and thought Brian Cage and Tommaso Ciampa had each other's body types.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

One of the big questions I had was whether not a dude with say, a 40 in Microphone could ever cap out at like 95 or does the engine not allow cap differential to be that high.

But yeah, it's really hard to get any kind of emotional investment when not only A: I don't know any of these guys from Adam but B: The game doesn't either.
Do I go with Aaron Arbo or Aaron Draven? You are almost exact carbon copies of each other excluding your styles and sizes which don't matter much.

Aaron Draven's a local guy here, actually. He has a lazy eye and alcoholism and does some cool flips.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

ChrisBTY posted:

Natural talent variance is super low, something like 10-15 points above where a rookie starts. Real world mods are hard (impossible, really) to balance and so most mod makers don’t balance them at all - every single WWE or NJPW worker is going to have superhuman stat spreads, high card workers will be Gods.

It’s frustrating largely because unless you’re running a promotion that is 100% pop-based (which are reliant solely on booking but confined in getting guys over by how popular they already are), the only workers that can sustain you at national level and above have to be made by hand. Workers generated by the game rarely have stats that run above the C- range.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TEW would actually benefit from some form of quick, procedural stat generation to just populate a database. Maybe not for most people, who want to do historical simming, but I think it would be fun to jump into a world of random wrestlers and "Wait, the WWE's Champ is George Brickface who is a Mexican Rudo with a Cheerleader gimmick..."

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

The 2K18 moves DLC might as well be sponsored by Bushiroad, with how many of the moves are specifically for NJPW guys. There's loving Honma headbutts, and the GTR in there.

MiSu now has a decent Saka Otoshi, and the new running clothesline looks way better than the glitchy Clothesline From Hell.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maxwell Lord posted:

TEW would actually benefit from some form of quick, procedural stat generation to just populate a database. Maybe not for most people, who want to do historical simming, but I think it would be fun to jump into a world of random wrestlers and "Wait, the WWE's Champ is George Brickface who is a Mexican Rudo with a Cheerleader gimmick..."

I'd like it if they could release a slider that would allow the game to generate a worker's stats within a certain range.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Is there a way to change downloaded wrestler's names in Fire Pro? I've got a bunch of people only identified in Japanese.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Is there a way to change downloaded wrestler's names in Fire Pro? I've got a bunch of people only identified in Japanese.

Copy 'em. That's it as far as I'm aware. Downloaded stuff is entirely the original edtor's stuff unless you make a local copy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so this Pride FC pack I downloaded to get a bunch of MMA people has a lot of fighters I was totally unaware of in it

this has mostly been a fun experience, but the lowest ranked guy is Joe Son and I was kinda wondering "wait who is this guy and why is he such a hilarious jobber"

turns out there was a whole rabbit hole here (warning: :nms:)

e: his MMA record is literally nothing but losses and that record couldn't have a better home

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Besides Austin Powers and being a rapist murderer, he’s also famous for being repeatedly and hilariously punched in the balls until he submitted in the early days of few rules UFC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

super macho dude posted:

MiSu now has a decent Saka Otoshi, and the new running clothesline looks way better than the glitchy Clothesline From Hell.

I'm happy for a better Destino, though i'm a little surprised at the lack of the double Rainmaker or AA variants.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Aphrodite posted:

Besides Austin Powers and being a rapist murderer, he’s also famous for being repeatedly and hilariously punched in the balls until he submitted in the early days of few rules UFC.

holy poo poo :laffo:

I've gotta say, I'm feeling better and better about playing matches where I play Cro Cop and beat the ever-loving hell out of this guy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

His Wiki page mentions it too, but he also has a loss officially registered as submission due to terror.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
... have i discovered the worst MMA fighter of all time

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

simosimo posted:

Some more snippets from management mode!

Well poo poo. This might yet be my GOTY.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
One of his fights in Japan he tried to come to the ring in a leopard print thong but they made him go to the back halfway through his walkout because you can’t fight in a thong.

And yeah he’s in the 99th percentile for worst human beings all-time

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Boco_T posted:

One of his fights in Japan he tried to come to the ring in a leopard print thong but they made him go to the back halfway through his walkout because you can’t fight in a thong.

And yeah he’s in the 99th percentile for worst human beings all-time

Oh my god that's why one of his attires is a hilariously tiny thong

also, something magical happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODoDxIQDz2A

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Oh my god that's why one of his attires is a hilariously tiny thong

also, something magical happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODoDxIQDz2A
Ref isn't also Ric Flair, 8/10.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Kins posted:

Ref isn't also Ric Flair, 8/10.

ref is Lil' Naitch :colbert:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so this Pride FC pack I downloaded to get a bunch of MMA people has a lot of fighters I was totally unaware of in it

this has mostly been a fun experience, but the lowest ranked guy is Joe Son and I was kinda wondering "wait who is this guy and why is he such a hilarious jobber"

turns out there was a whole rabbit hole here (warning: :nms:)

e: his MMA record is literally nothing but losses and that record couldn't have a better home

That is prooobably my collection, and I can tell you it was extremely gratifying to (accurately) make him the pack's official punching bag. gently caress that guy.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CarlCX posted:

That is prooobably my collection, and I can tell you it was extremely gratifying to (accurately) make him the pack's official punching bag. gently caress that guy.

haha holy poo poo, yeah, it is! your edits loving rock dude, you have the best Cro Cop I've used so far

on an unrelated note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw85cQCoTg

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I downloaded the new wwe free to play game called Mayhem. Its a fighting game and it plays kinda like Immortals but with similar graphics to the match 3 game they put out. It’s alright.. i got about an hour in for the pay to win to really show up. First three guys I pulled from free loot were Styles, Rollins, and Cena.. but they are 1star versions out of 5. Decent time kill and you feel like you have more agency than most of these lovely wwe freemium games, but the mechanics don’t seem very deep at all.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Am I really, NXT Paul?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

beggar posted:

I downloaded the new wwe free to play game called Mayhem. Its a fighting game and it plays kinda like Immortals but with similar graphics to the match 3 game they put out. It’s alright.. i got about an hour in for the pay to win to really show up. First three guys I pulled from free loot were Styles, Rollins, and Cena.. but they are 1star versions out of 5. Decent time kill and you feel like you have more agency than most of these lovely wwe freemium games, but the mechanics don’t seem very deep at all.

Looks like it has a scannable toy element too.