Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Panama Red posted:

-You'll need a minimum of 4 promotions with 6 wrestlers to start Promoter mode. 24 total wrestlers.

That is a hell of a lot better than the 100-150 Wrestlers required that I'd read a week or two back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That is a hell of a lot better than the 100-150 Wrestlers required that I'd read a week or two back.

are you just using the base roster or ????

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I hope they let you set up the promotions separately as opposed to just taking it from the edit mode.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

KungFu Grip posted:

are you just using the base roster or ????

I want to use/make my only own edits. Maybe.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Panama Red posted:

Spike Chunsoft had a live stream today on Twitch where they made some announcements:

-New update released tomorrow with some new moves: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTO01hYVwAEqFVL.jpg:large
-Promoter Mode will be released late January or early February.
-You'll need a minimum of 4 promotions with 6 wrestlers to start Promoter mode. 24 total wrestlers.
-NJPW DLC is coming around G1 Climax - mid-July.
-Story mode will entail with you starting as a Young Lion, fighting your way to the top of championship. It will have branching paths, similar to Story Mode in Fire Pro G.
-PS4 version of Fire Pro World's gonna have all the DLC included

Career mode with branching paths! Excellent.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Career mode sounds like a lot of fun, and could be a good impetus to come up with a new dude. I'm also excited about some of the new moves coming out in the next patch, and the management mode is coming soon! Lots to be excited about as a Fire Pro player right now.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Someone posted about needing a "minimum" of 14-15 promotions or something like that, when they clearly meant maximum. When you also take into consideration free agents, you'd probably need that many edits if you were running the max amount.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I hope they let you set up the promotions separately as opposed to just taking it from the edit mode.

Yeah the big questions I've had is how they're going to do certain things that Final Fire Pro just already had. The promotions were already established internally in that game (you could of course make your own as well but that was basically considered hard mode since you started out as being the most indie of promotions). If I had to guess it's basically going to ask you "Which of these organizations do you want to have in your Management mode?" and let you select from every organization you "defined" by making it in Edit mode. That then raises the question of how to set up the "freelance" wrestlers, whether you have to do that manually as well or if you can just define a pool of wrestlers out of an organization (or organizations) you're not planning to use to be the free agents.

All I can say is I'm really glad part of Carlzilla's mod suite is a better roster management mod because it makes moving people around a lot easier.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Panama Red posted:

Spike Chunsoft had a live stream today on Twitch where they made some announcements:

-New update released tomorrow with some new moves: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTO01hYVwAEqFVL.jpg:large
-Promoter Mode will be released late January or early February.
-NJPW DLC is coming around G1 Climax - mid-July.
-Story mode will entail with you starting as a Young Lion, fighting your way to the top of championship. It will have branching paths, similar to Story Mode in Fire Pro G.
-PS4 version of Fire Pro World's gonna have all the DLC included

drat it I should have just bought it while it was on sale.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

yeah I'm really relieved, this is way more manageable to start. I was afraid I'd have to edit a bunch of chump CAWs just to fill it out.

also gently caress yes Brass Knuckle punch move

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

quote:

Version 1.0100 was published today.

[Patch Notes]
OFFLINE MODE

Fixed bug on Wrestler Select screen where “No Entry” window would sometimes not respond.
Fixed bug where league match progression was not evenly distributed.

EDIT MODE
After using the [Save] command, you are now returned to the last screen you were on (same as using the [Overwrite] command).

MATCHES
When down on the mat/playing dead, you can now move and reposition yourself by holding LB/RB (L1/R1) + direction.
While down on the mat/playing dead, reduced number of times you may roll over from 6 to 3.
Ukemi bonus now applied to escaping a pin you would otherwise not escape from. (When using Ukemi, the damage you take is transferred into a Spirit boost when your Spirit reaches 0.)
Fixed bug where Entrance Theme would not play for wrestler who won a Battle Royal.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestler would leave the ring on accident when trying to attack a downed opponent near the ropes.
Adjusted distance from opponent that CPU will attempt a diving post move.
Fixed bug where the proper [Jump from Post] move would not be used with the Priority Attack sequence: Spider German Suplex > Jump from Post
Fixed bug where CPU would not initiate a victory performance after winning a match with both [Elimination] and [Tornado] rules ON.
Fixed bug preventing [Run up Post] Priority Attacks from initializing.
Fixed bug where a CPU wrestler would stand idle for a few seconds after landing a move if the 1)Priority Attack doesn’t know an opponent down 2) the Follow-Up Attack is set to attack a downed opponent.

MOVES
The following move names were changed:
Falcon Arrow > Original Falcon Arrow
Vertical Falcon Arrow > Original Vertical Falcon Arrow
Emerald Flowsion > Original Emerald Flowsion
The following moves were added:
Counter > Flying Bodyscissors Attack
Counter > Flying Bodyscissors Attack B
Counter > Powerslam B
Jump from Post > Corkscrew Cannonball Senton
Front Grapple (Big) > Brass Knuckles Punch
Front Grapple (Big) > Emerald Flowsion
Front Grapple (Big) > Press Powerslam
Front Grapple (Big) > Tights Pulling Piledriver
Front Grapple (Big) > Turning Driver B
Front Grapple (Big) > Falcon Arrow
Front Grapple (Big) > Falcon Arrow B
Front Grapple (Big) > Vertical Falcon Arrow
Back Grapple (Big) > Deadlift German Suplex
Opponent Down (Face Down, Near Legs) (Big) > Uproot German Suplex

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
New falcon arrows look pretty good, but the new emerald flowsion doesn't have enough oomph (much like the pole shift flowsion).

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Its cool and good you can now do big boy germans like my wrestledad Sekimoto. Any more word on when for PS4 release?

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

super macho dude posted:

Its cool and good you can now do big boy germans like my wrestledad Sekimoto. Any more word on when for PS4 release?

Expect mid/late Summer. Sounds like it will be around when the NJPW DLC drops.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

New falcon arrows look pretty good, but the new emerald flowsion doesn't have enough oomph (much like the pole shift flowsion).
This reminds me that probably the best Emerald Flowsion ever was in Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth of all things, you just spiked the gently caress out of the opponent. You could also do it off the Hell in a Cell or the Smackdown fist. :getin:

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Brawl 4 All 1: Misawa vs Ryder is on!

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc?ignore_query=true

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The phrase "Tatanka Wild Wings" was uttered and I'm dead now

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
TATANKA BEAT CORMIER

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

That fight was amazing!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I just tuned in right after the fight ended. Wonder if it was better than Linda vs Dixie.

If my MMAth is correct, Tony Halme could beat Cormier.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

remusclaw posted:

That fight was amazing!

It was pretty epic. Cormier took the first round but Tatanka just kept on choppin'.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tatanka literally chopped down Cormier bit by bit after sustaining some serious MMA offence. Shooters are almost always the best bet in Firepro against Pro Wrestle guys.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

and UFC 3 champion Steve Jennum just broke Jericho's arm

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He's the fella who won a UFC tournament completely fresh by winning one fight after Ken Shamrock had to drop out due to injury.
Early UFC's were such glorious clusterfucks.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

As opposed to modern day UFC, still a glorious clusterfuck.

and Ruska's mystery opponent is corporate HHH

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

And, he's done.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

holy gently caress that Awesome/Takayama match was god drat mental

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Borrowed Ladder posted:

The first Emerald Flowsion from older games is there and still the best. All other variants pale in comparison to Misawa's original and Fire Pro should replicate this. At least, that's how I like to see it.

Doc Morbid posted:

This reminds me that probably the best Emerald Flowsion ever was in Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth of all things, you just spiked the gently caress out of the opponent. You could also do it off the Hell in a Cell or the Smackdown fist. :getin:

Have you considered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byurHQ3y59E&t=258s

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

The first Emerald Flowsion from older games is there and still the best. All other variants pale in comparison to Misawa's original and Fire Pro should replicate this. At least, that's how I like to see it.

Have you considered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byurHQ3y59E&t=258s

Also to consider:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ty43nKxgeo&t=337s

Wolf also has a badass Rainmaker variant too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ty43nKxgeo&t=55s

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Why no, Boss, I'm not bitter about you insisting on being a main event wrestler when you can't go more than 4 (seriously. 4) minutes without becoming completely gassed. Or insisting I put you over younger talent.

Creative just thinks that this is a good direction for you, sir. Who am I to argue with the writers?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why no, Boss, I'm not bitter about you insisting on being a main event wrestler when you can't go more than 4 (seriously. 4) minutes without becoming completely gassed. Or insisting I put you over younger talent.

Creative just thinks that this is a good direction for you, sir. Who am I to argue with the writers?

That's why FCW is so difficult to run. The dude is a megastar in Puerto Rico but he refuses to put anyone over even when he falls off of a cliff. So you can't use him to put people over when he refuses to do it

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Testekill posted:

That's why FCW is so difficult to run. The dude is a megastar in Puerto Rico but he refuses to put anyone over even when he falls off of a cliff. So you can't use him to put people over when he refuses to do it

Plus there's no spillover at all in PR, so you have to sink tons of cash into branching out into another region.

I'm only just now getting some popularity in the US Southeast, and the in game year is 2023. I basically have infinite money because PR still loves me, but it's been some slow-as-molasses going.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wow, you got yourself a Big Daddy

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Wait.
51 years old?
Can't go four minutes without getting gassed?
Holy crap he's the Puerto Rican Tim Storm.

Also, in my 0/0/0 NECW 96' game the AI had Steven Regal beat Randy Savage to become WCW world champion, which if you followed the old WWF vs. WCW TEW thread here is extremely interesting.
Although in this case Regal only had about 66 pop and was probably about the 15th most over person in the company.

WWF was making a comeback just by virtue of having Shawn Michaels in the main event of every show. Then he left to make a movie. So they put the belt back on Yokozuna who proceeded main event Wrestlemania 17 against Jeff Jarrett. I am very glad I do not live in this timeline.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

So they put the belt back on Yokozuna who proceeded main event Wrestlemania 17 against Jeff Jarrett. I am very glad I do not live in this timeline.

Who won?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If you don't want to see Jarrett take a shoot Banzai Drop from a probably 700 pound Yokozuna then that's your problem.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Yoko won. Thank the Gods. Sorta.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If you don't want to see Jarrett take a shoot Banzai Drop from a probably 700 pound Yokozuna then that's your problem.

Even though Yoko is coded to go into decline at age 32 in the mod as of WM 17 he is classified as a Toned Super Heavyweight.
So he's a fighting 500lbs.

Fortunately for the WWF, they arn't in total decline because they can lean on Shawn, who as it turns out isn't utterly toxic when the AI controls the Fed. (Noted by the fact that he hasn't added any negative relationships to his profile and also he's jobbing to people with 20 less pop than him without storming out of the company.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 19, 2018

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Decline is actually semi-randomized, so he might NOT have started to go downhill.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

He has. I checked his stat progression. It's going down.

In my game I feel sort of bad for Bryan Danielson. After I signed him, NJPW picked him up for a tour. This was great for me because his stats skyrocketed. But he goes from putting on 99 Matches with Jushin Liger to 52 matches with Rick Fuller. Him and Kurt Angle did put on my first 70 match though. So there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

That's not nearly as bad as what happened in one of my games- He died(in 2006) from playing with an antique hand grenade.