Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah, what Steve said.

It's mainly the WWE Rules and Grand Entrance abilities that are blowing my mind. Free movement in Heroclix is always good to have, and forcing an opponent to come fight you face to face instead of sniping away like a coward is really, really strong.

Screw your Omega Beams, Darkseid. You're facing the Macho Man up close and personal or you're not facing him at all. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This seems like a convoluted way to prove that Jean Luc Picard can beat Hulk Hogan in a fist fight

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm boggled that Heroclix is still around. I remember playing the Marvel one with my brothers eons ago and wasn't even aware you could legally play games with DC/Marvel//WWE all in one team

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

coconono posted:

This seems like a convoluted way to prove that Jean Luc Picard can beat Hulk Hogan in a fist fight

Only if Hogan gets his win back.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DLC Inc posted:

I'm boggled that Heroclix is still around. I remember playing the Marvel one with my brothers eons ago and wasn't even aware you could legally play games with DC/Marvel//WWE all in one team

Would it boggle you even more to learn that the following properties have been represented in Heroclix?

Star Trek
Lord of the Rings (with like seven sets)
Lone Ranger
Yugioh
Pacific Rim
Street Fighter
TMNT
DotA 2

With several others I’m probably forgetting.

They went crazy for a few years and starting licensing everything they could get their hands on for the game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Vandar posted:

Would it boggle you even more to learn that the following properties have been represented in Heroclix?

Star Trek
Lord of the Rings (with like seven sets)
Lone Ranger
Yugioh
Pacific Rim
Street Fighter
TMNT
DotA 2

With several others I’m probably forgetting.

They went crazy for a few years and starting licensing everything they could get their hands on for the game.

Kick-rear end is another one. Halo is another.

Technically, come August or so, Sasha Banks can team up with The Dark Lord Sauron and the Starship Enterprise to take on Hit-Girl, Old West Doctor Octopus, Muhammad Ali and Andre The Giant.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

coconono posted:

Alas, Hulk Hogan has not been announced yet - depends on how well the first set does.

Only 80s era guys are Macho Man and Andre The Giant, unless you count the Undertaker as well. And I guess Ric Flair, but he seems to transcend chronal classification.

Attitude has Taker, Kane, Stone Cold, Mankind, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, HHH, Shawn Michaels, Trish Stratus. Big Show.

Modern era has Finn Balor, Asuka, Sasha Banks, Charlotte Flair, Roman Reigns, Ronda Rousey, John Cena, AJ Styles.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
This reminds me of some stoner joke fan fiction I found a couple years ago where Matt Hardy hits Voldemort with the twist of fate.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

WatermelonGun posted:

This reminds me of some stoner joke fan fiction I found a couple years ago where Matt Hardy hits Voldemort with the twist of fate.

And that reminds me of my favorite one of those "Downfall" memes that could never live up to its title. Hitler Mad at Matt Hardy's Face Turn

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Finally I can book a match where Trish Stratus goes face to face with Harley Quinn the way God intended.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
She had a match against Alexa Bliss last year?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd rather see Raw Deal brought back

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

DLC Inc posted:

I'd rather see Raw Deal brought back

I still have my Raw Deal championship belt card somewhere. That was a fun game.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

So many sales were happening.

I got Spider-Man for the PS4 and Hollow Knight.

Both are good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spider-Man is fantastic other than making Spider-Man a cop.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spider-man gets to beat up PMCs because the cops are mad because they don't get to brutalize civilians, which is pretty weird. But at that point I was Spider-man with a paper bag over my head so whateve.r

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Endless Mike posted:

Spider-Man is fantastic other than making Spider-Man a cop.
I think you mean Spider-Cop :colbert:

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Guys it's fine that's a fictional New York where cops are good and every drug deal is done between two sets of predatory gangs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RichterIX posted:

Guys it's fine that's a fictional New York where cops are good and every drug deal is done between two sets of predatory gangs.

I watched them do a drug deal and it was super orderly and not at all violent. I don't know why Spider-man was so mad at them.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There was a really bad part where you broke up a protest and then he admonishes the protesters saying hey if there a bunch of armed guards taking down any protester violently maybe stay home. Ugh gently caress you "Privileged" Parker.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikeguy posted:

There was a really bad part where you broke up a protest and then he admonishes the protesters saying hey if there a bunch of armed guards taking down any protester violently maybe stay home. Ugh gently caress you "Privileged" Parker.

Peter had been swinging for nearly 40 hours at this point with maybe two naps so maybe he was hangry?

I wish they'd quit making Peter Parker shittier than Bruce Wayne.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I ignore all the drug deal tokens.

It's fun to swing around but yeah it's very pro cop and it stinks.

My girlfriend wasn't allowed to play video games growing up so she hasn't played a bunch of stuff

We got Borderlands 2 off the PSN thing and she is hooooked.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sucks that in addition to radioactive spiders, super serums, mutants, aliens, and literal gods, you also have to believe in the existence of good cops

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

sucks that in addition to radioactive spiders, super serums, mutants, aliens, and literal gods, you also have to believe in the existence of good cops

Am I the only person who gets a tiny bit bothered by this whole 'all cops are literal nazis' hyperbole? Like, I assume you would all just go out and dole out vigilante justice if you were burgled?

Edit: It's one thing to acknowledge systemic biases and police brutality, but tarring literally the entire concept of policing as evil strikes me as pretty unproductive.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, I'm in the UK, and while our police are hardly free from those sorts of issues, I get pretty uncomfortable with the seemingly accepted discourse of turning all of western society into the Purge instead of, like, reform?
Like, any time a piece of media portrays a police officer as anything but a cartoon supervillain, it's #problematic.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well you see the whole thing is rotten throughout in the U.S., and because of this ACAB, because ABBCBTTCGAWALOS, and that's all. it's not necessarily an endorsement of anarchy, though that would own if everyone killed eachother

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
big boss man graverobbing is the only accurate portrayal of any police officer

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

big boss man graverobbing is the only accurate portrayal of any police officer

:colbert: He was a corrections officer.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, I'm in the UK, and while our police are hardly free from those sorts of issues, I get pretty uncomfortable with the seemingly accepted discourse of turning all of western society into the Purge instead of, like, reform?
Like, any time a piece of media portrays a police officer as anything but a cartoon supervillain, it's #problematic.

Hello, also from the UK, our cops are still poo poo

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
At this point I'm just going to admit to obviously benefiting greatly from white privilege and shut up.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

to be fair the DLC in Spider-Man basically shows Peter that even his trusted cop friend Yuri has the potential to become a hosed up vigilante and then Spidey teams up with independent contractor Silver Sable so the whole story is a land of contrasts. The cops in Spider-Man have always been a heads or tails thing in Spidey media so it didn't bother me too much. There are plenty of moments where he quips "better leave before the cops show up" indicating it's not exactly a smooth relationship anyway.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

So I know there's not really a point in me listing a card for this week's show because it's unlikely to pique the interest of people who don't already watch, but for those that do, tonight's main event is Glambot 3000 vs Jimmy Stardust, Bubb & Dubb make their in-ring debut against KyodAI, and Busta Cranium faces Gran Gallo for a new championship.
8:00 PM EST!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

And if you're one of those people that thinks "I'd like to watch this silly-rear end e-wrestling show, but I'm in Europe and it comes on at 1am and for some reason I don't wanna watch a VOD", starting tomorrow I'm going to be airing re-runs the next day(Fridays) at 10:00PM GMT.

And for everyone else: In TEW 2020 is finally going to have built-in tournament and league management!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Takuan posted:

And for everyone else: In TEW 2020 is finally going to have built-in tournament and league management!

Yeah its looking real good i've reached the gently caress around point with tew 2016 and usually just edit in loads of money and run endless tournaments so now it can be managed properly makes it easier than running the drat thing off a notepad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to play TEW but i want it to be kind of less involved in ways i don't care about, but i don't know which things i don't care about. and i want to already know the entire UI as soon as i load the game up for the first time. Can you figure this out and make a game for me?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i can but i wont

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i want to play TEW but i want it to be kind of less involved in ways i don't care about, but i don't know which things i don't care about. and i want to already know the entire UI as soon as i load the game up for the first time. Can you figure this out and make a game for me?

Go in to the options of TEW and turn on EWR mode.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I shall do it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
https://www.retromaniawrestling.com/ anyone see this before? Just popped up in my feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...ZSJ sticks out like a sore thumb in that character list.