Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Hell, that works out for me. I just got back from a movie and was wondering what was playing on your channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

S'OK Takuan, looked like a fun show from what I saw. I wish I could get into TEW, its just too fiddly for me. EWR worked better for my level of willingness to engage with he mechanics.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm the opposite. I'm such a nerd for all the weird little details a player like you probably wouldn't even notice. Like off the top of my head all the changes to developments where like in 2020 I'll be able to send down 2 guys, one of whom doesn't have improvement to make, tell the developmental to book them as a tag team exclusively to gain experience, watch them win the tag titles, and then give my developmental a month's warning that I want to call them up so they drop the belts naturally instead of me forcing them to vacate them.

None of that REALLY matters but its all little things that I love to immerse myself in while playing.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Sharing my post from the Mario Maker 2 thread.

Perry Normal posted:

Remade my wrestling themed level from the last game - Koopa Wrestling Federation - 3K1-PTV-WDG

Now with extra commentary about the depressing lives of pro wrestlers.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm kind of curious of how the TEW2020 mod scene is going to look since apparently there was a big blowup involving several of the better historical mod makers.

anyways. Let's try this show again!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i went to that link but it was just some guy who kept talking about how easy it would be to mod the game so that wrestlers could be nude and kiss each other. he said it wasn't hard at all to do it. so i had to split, posthaste!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that loving guy who kept saying that can't mess with me.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Wait a minute. You're not rovert! You lied to me!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Takuan posted:

I'm kind of curious of how the TEW2020 mod scene is going to look since apparently there was a big blowup involving several of the better historical mod makers.

anyways. Let's try this show again!

I don't know what the drama with the mod makers is since I only really download Who and Fleisch's modern ones but there's always a really shaky period with mods when there's a new release. No one really knows how the mods will convert and it will take awhile for even the "pros" to go through and clean them up properly.

Me, I use me own messy massive database so I'll have to go and dig in and fix a ton of nationalities and languages and home territory stuff so I can finally fulfill my dream of playing a TNA game with Ring Ka King as a developmental. And that's probably just 1 of dozens of things.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It's a new week and a new booking cycle with new champions and a new host! Duty NOW For The Future has come and gone with Tamika Johnson winning the W.A.V.E. Trans-AM Championship and KyodAI winning the W.A.V.E. Tag Team Championships, plus Busta Cranium has returned from wherever he vanished to as a new man, possibly literally. Where do we go from here? Find out tonight at 8:00pm EST!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
one of my mates gifted me WWE 2K19 'cause they know I like wrestling but don't know I refuse to give WWE a dime, so I figured I might as well try it

universe mode is pretty fun honestly. Shinya Hashimoto is NWA World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown after a lengthy feud with AJ Styles

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

one of my mates gifted me WWE 2K19 'cause they know I like wrestling but don't know I refuse to give WWE a dime, so I figured I might as well try it

universe mode is pretty fun honestly. Shinya Hashimoto is NWA World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown after a lengthy feud with AJ Styles

Mine is basically an AEW game plus anyone over 300 pounds on the default roster. It just sucks that the gameplay is so boring this year. Even last year's edition didn't seem as dependent on their really bad reversal system.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love this

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Rollins: "Sempai noticed me! :3:"

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Mine is basically an AEW game plus anyone over 300 pounds on the default roster. It just sucks that the gameplay is so boring this year. Even last year's edition didn't seem as dependent on their really bad reversal system.

I dont love the game at all, but you can turn off reversal limits, and it does help, even if it only reverts the game to what it was like before they were introduced. Unfortunately, the limits only made the game more about reversals than it was when they were unlimited.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

post this in the wwe thread

or better yet in /r/SquaredCircle

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
A preview of the next Fire Pro Wrestling World DLC installment: Fire Pro Inokism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIfQUYmetn4

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh, i got 2k19 off a sketchy CD key site because they had the all-DLC edition pretty cheap

firstly: is it just me or does MyCareer mode go waaaaaay out of its way to bury the indies

secondly: Hell in a Cell mode is the jankiest thing ever and I can't believe I'm saying this but I kind of hate it? like usually making CAWs of people I hate, picking Taker and flinging them through the announce table is a highlight of these games but it seems like you can't really do that in this. they never enter the stun animation that lets you do the canned cell-throws, and i tried using the carry system to just powerbomb someone off the edge myself but it actually pushed my dude back to make sure the recipient wouldn't fall off. i have managed to throw Donald Trump off the cell precisely once and it was by boxing him in the corner and just smacking him over and over until he kind of walked off the edge.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Do they still have the feature where you can easily throw yourself off the edge of the cell? Because I *hated* that.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

post this in the wwe thread

or better yet in /r/SquaredCircle

Or Seth’s twitter

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so uh, i got 2k19 off a sketchy CD key site because they had the all-DLC edition pretty cheap

firstly: is it just me or does MyCareer mode go waaaaaay out of its way to bury the indies

It's... OK, it's weird, I'd argue it's actually kind of nice to a certain sort of indie, but that's the only kind of indie WWE wants you to think exists.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

coconono posted:

Do they still have the feature where you can easily throw yourself off the edge of the cell? Because I *hated* that.

Pretty sure that was fixed ages ago, and in the process, made HIAC matches less fun because getting out is some bullshit OMG moment or something.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Yeah, so there's a W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling show starting at 8:00PM EST but I don't really have the energy to hype it up because fuuuuck this week in general and today in specific. It's still gonna be a fun show so come check it out!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i suck rear end at making CAWs and there isn't a YOSHI-HASHI CAW on pc that I can download and make world champion. I'm real honked off about it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just take the generic caw and give him a stick.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So here's some Wrestlefest knockoff game coming out for the Switch, featuring a very random assortment of named talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueKDyeX9T1E

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

very random

you ain't kidding

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm most confused by how the hell they got the Road Warriors. Does Animal own the image rights or something?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The price point is really going to make or break that game.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

finally, a video game where i do the greatest dream match of all, zack sabre jr. vs. the blue meanie

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

finally, a video game where i do the greatest dream match of all, zack sabre jr. vs. the blue meanie

You know some Northeastern indie has tried to put that together.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I mean, I wouldn’t not watch it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I'm just sad Taka isn't on board to shout "Hey Blue Guy, COME ON OVER HERE"

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

TAKA and Blue Meanie are old bWo stable mates

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
For something that existed for like 2 years tops, the BWO sure gets a lot of play.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ZSJ is my favorite retro wrestler.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Blast Fantasto posted:

For something that existed for like 2 years tops, the BWO sure gets a lot of play.

ECW nostalgia runs deep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fumaofthelake posted:

The price point is really going to make or break that game.

And CAW.