Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

:psyduck: That's still a thing?

In that you can purchase the version put out fifteen years ago, sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
What's TNM?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

What's TNM?
http://www.tnm7.de/cgi-bin/rmcms.cgi?page=main

An old text-based wrestling simulator

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I remember liking TNM, but I feel like EWR beat it. I know I changed over to it exclusively when it came out.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
EWR/TEW is a better business sim. TNM is a fun DOS-based match sim.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
PSP Games Thread: Nothing but spreadsheets!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

EWR/TEW is a better business sim. TNM is a fun DOS-based match sim.
yeah that’s pretty much it. i used to really enjoy reading the match descriptions though especially if you spend dozens of shows setting up some huge main event and then

pre:
The bell rings!
Kane hits a punch on Bret Hart.
Kane hits The Tombstone Piledriver on Bret Hart.
Kane is going for the pin!
1...2...3! It’s over!

Kane wins by pinfall in 0:00:45.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I see no issue with that match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

yeah that’s pretty much it. i used to really enjoy reading the match descriptions though especially if you spend dozens of shows setting up some huge main event and then

pre:
The bell rings!
Kane hits a punch on Bret Hart.
Kane hits The Tombstone Piledriver on Bret Hart.
Kane is going for the pin!
1...2...3! It’s over!

Kane wins by pinfall in 0:00:45.

That'll keep the marks on their toes :clint:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Make way old stars

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I had TNM before I found out about Promotion Wars(which was the dominant wrestling business and booking simulator before EWR). All I remember from it is that there was a character in the database named Goku and I thought it was the Dragon Ball character Goku so I booked him as my world champion. Also me and a friend made a long, long list of weapons to be used in hardcore matches.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

That's my main problem with newlegacyinc. I wish they would not speak

What...? Just watching 2k gameplay without any banter or reactions sounds INCREDIBLY boring.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What...? Just watching 2k gameplay without any banter or reactions sounds INCREDIBLY boring.
yeah i don’t want to hear the same five recorded Cole lines that have remained unchanged through like 8 games

plus can you imagine how loving far behind they would get if they didn’t sometimes read out the dedications during the longer rumbles?

bartok
May 10, 2006

It takes awhile for the New Legacy boys to grow on you because your first reaction is what kind of dudebro idiot stream did I stumble upon. That said I don't like that they are friends with Mansoor but they are friends with Jervis Cottonbelly, Dakota Kai, Andrew Everett, and Rosemary so maybe that balances out.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's almost as if I am making fun of the post directly before

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

It's almost as if I am making fun of the post directly before

Oh. Well tbf to me how should I know when people are being sarcastic these days given the number of weird opinions these days? :shobon:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a lot of people get freaked out when people are talking and usually do mute the audio of my videos. keep that in mind

meant to say "their videos"

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 20, 2019

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Stardom DLC for Fire Pro is now live and also a new patch was implemented. The Edit Wrestler menu now allows you to filter created wrestlers by faction which is a great QOL addition.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
This weeks wwe 2k20 info has dropped its just a trailer and match list for the roman story tower https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k20-roman-reigns-2k-towers/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Brokenogre posted:

This weeks wwe 2k20 info has dropped its just a trailer and match list for the roman story tower https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k20-roman-reigns-2k-towers/

It's impressive how many of those feel like barrel scraping

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Rarity posted:

It's impressive how many of those feel like barrel scraping

Thats what i was thinking Rarity part of me hopes that they listened to feedback from last year and that leads to alternate outfits for all those guys, if nothing else it would give us seth with 2 tone hair but im not holding my breath

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
I can't believe they're replacing Dean Ambrose with Stevie Richards

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh. Well tbf to me how should I know when people are being sarcastic these days given the number of weird opinions these days? :shobon:

It's OK Foochs i'm a very sarcastic person

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

There needs to be a botch slider for the Reigns vs Undertaker match.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Eggplant Ronin posted:

would buy the game for thi-hahahaha no I wouldn't

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

It's impressive how many of those feel like they had to scramble when they got told to take Mox out

Takuan
May 6, 2007

After a brief hiatus due to technical issues(and also the Rumblethon), W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling returns with a massive main event- A 4-Way Elimination Match to determine the number one contender to the World Ultraweight Chapmionship! Broman Gains, Jimmy Stardust, Dracula, and Glambot 3000 will compete for the chance to face Koji Kojima at the next supershow, Kill People, Burn poo poo, gently caress School! Plus, Johnny X makes his in-ring debut alongside Lou Ban against Bubb & Dubb! And Tessa Kulitu makes her return from injury against Hotaru Hensa! Ayako Asami and Molly Malefic will face each other because... it should be a hype match!
All this and more! Tonight at 8:00PM EST!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brokenogre posted:

not a single shield match ahahahahahaha this company’s pettiness knows no bounds

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

not a single shield match ahahahahahaha this company’s pettiness knows no bounds

This makes no sense, Kurt Angle is in the game :confused:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

Is Ambrose even in the game? Probably, I'm guessing? I can see why that'd be awkward though.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I can imagine when this concept was put in place they banked on having ambrose for some of the matches and maybe wwe put a hard no aew people law down and then they've got this roman tower and they're having to scramble to find matches to replace any of the shield era stuff they had in place.

Edit: althought its on point for roman its like that DVD of his matches they released and they put "roman competes in a battle royal" on there.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so I'm guessing Jericho ain't in it either

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Caught a FPW stream that was checking out the Stardom DLC and Starlight Kid had a banger of a tournament finale with Nick Gage.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Eggplant Ronin posted:

I'LL SHIELD YOU! YOU'LL SEE *Not Static-X riff starts playing*

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

They used a fake voice for John Cena last year. John Cena opened his mouth and some other dude's voice came out. Should have went a step further and did all the Shield showcase stuff, with Dean Ambrose replaced by a completely different game model named "Jeff"

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Retcon Elias as always part of the shield and then make it part of his irl gimmick

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Veryslightlymad posted:

Retcon Elias as always part of the shield and then make it part of his irl gimmick

Elias as the guitar soldier from the Libyan Civil War would be an odd take

bartok
May 10, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

Elias as the guitar soldier from the Libyan Civil War would be an odd take

Samoa Joe as General Butt Naked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fat Lowtax posted:

They used a fake voice for John Cena last year. John Cena opened his mouth and some other dude's voice came out. Should have went a step further and did all the Shield showcase stuff, with Dean Ambrose replaced by a completely different game model named "Jeff"

what would own even more is if they just put Kassius Ohno in the Shield as the ultimate course correction