Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Fat Lowtax posted:

They used a fake voice for John Cena last year. John Cena opened his mouth and some other dude's voice came out. Should have went a step further and did all the Shield showcase stuff, with Dean Ambrose replaced by a completely different game model named "Jeff"

When they did the Steve Austin showcase they replaced Tyson with a white guy named "The Enforcer".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

When they did the Steve Austin showcase they replaced Tyson with a white guy named "The Enforcer".

Mr. Dream asked for too much money.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DLC Inc posted:

what would own even more is if they just put Kassius Ohno in the Shield as the ultimate course correction
That would own tbh

CascadeBeta posted:

he was clearly of asian descent

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The Enforcer's real name was Jon Dowd.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

instead of career retrospectives I want 2K to go ham on What If scenarios. let me play out a Wrestlemania main event that was Shinsuke Nakamura v HHH, give me a cage match between Sting and Stone Cold. Even No Mercy had fun poo poo like this wherein your final opponent in one leg of story mode was Andre the loving Giant

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

instead of career retrospectives I want 2K to go ham on What If scenarios. let me play out a Wrestlemania main event that was Shinsuke Nakamura v HHH, give me a cage match between Sting and Stone Cold. Even No Mercy had fun poo poo like this wherein your final opponent in one leg of story mode was Andre the loving Giant

I mean that's sort of what Universe mode is but I'm guessing you mean more like something that has better promos and such going on, building the event.

And yeah we need a return to No Mercy's branching stories, or even something like WM2000's open career (but with more stuff happening besides just matches)

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

DLC Inc posted:

instead of career retrospectives I want 2K to go ham on What If scenarios. let me play out a Wrestlemania main event that was Shinsuke Nakamura v HHH, give me a cage match between Sting and Stone Cold.

Do you mean the build up too cuz otherwise I got some great news.

Stumbled across this:

https://twitter.com/gackdaw

Dude's making a physics based deathmatch game

Eggplant Ronin fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 23, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Do you mean the build up too cuz otherwise I got some great news.

Stumbled across this:

https://twitter.com/gackdaw

Dude's making a physics based deathmatch game

the prerender stuff he's go going now is sweet. I need a demo. Like Tuesaday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

They used a fake voice for John Cena last year. John Cena opened his mouth and some other dude's voice came out. Should have went a step further and did all the Shield showcase stuff, with Dean Ambrose replaced by a completely different game model named "Jeff"

I mean, if they did the trademark thing where 'Dean Ambrose' doesn't explicitly mean Jonathan Good, then they could just have a fake Dean in the game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, if they did the trademark thing where 'Dean Ambrose' doesn't explicitly mean Jonathan Good, then they could just have a fake Dean in the game.

They'll just replace him with Johnny B. Badd

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

replace all the segments with Jericho/Punk/Ambrose with Alberto del Rio, Shannon Moore, and The Boogieman, in that respective order

"You just made El List"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

replace all the segments with Jericho/Punk/Ambrose with Alberto del Rio, Shannon Moore, and The Boogieman, in that respective order

"You just made El List"

"Maybe I'll go defend it in TNA, maybe I'll go back to OMEGA. Hey there Shane Helms, how's it going?"

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Replace Dean with Hiroki Sumi

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Oh hey cool, a Firepro World STARDOM DLC pack! I'll just go to the checkout and TWENTY NINE DOLLARYDOOS?! :stonk:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Is there a way I'm missing to turn off fatigue carryover in a tournament or is that just how it is.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gaz-L posted:

"Hello, Mr. McMahon? This is the second Dean Ambrose. You said to call you if I had any issues and, well, my contract is coming up and you guys haven't really been using me, so I was wondering--"

"Never call this number again." *click*

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's funny how much of the last few years Ambrose was a part of, especially in terms of Roman/Rollins' careers. So many moments, including the Shield in general, won't ever be properly depicted in these games again.

Not gonna lie though, no Chris Jericho going forward in the WWE games sucks more than anything else

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Oh hey cool, a Firepro World STARDOM DLC pack! I'll just go to the checkout and TWENTY NINE DOLLARYDOOS?! :stonk:

I'd say only check it out if you're serious about making women wrestlers, where all the parts are great along with some new voice packs. Otherwise, it's skippable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I'd say only check it out if you're serious about making women wrestlers, where all the parts are great along with some new voice packs. Otherwise, it's skippable.

everytime you use a Stardom part, the wrestler gets a little extra money. Its very important that you make a lot of women wrestlers.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

I already made a dozen or so (albeit original/fictional)) prior to any any DLC release, so it comes about 12 months too late to be an impulse buy.

This really could have done with a new story mode, like the Jr Heavyweight pack, for the asking price. Curious as to how many moves this adds to the game's moveset list.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
People play the story modes? I got a few hours into the NJPW heavyweight one and went back to doing something else. They're bad and completely not in line with why I or anybody else I talk to plays Fire Pro.

The Stardom DLC, on the other hand, is great and I'm in love with the new moves and edit parts.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 26, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Even if that was the case, £15 for 10 characters in the Fire Pro format, and not even the STARDOM belts, is pretty high.

And yes, not everyone only downloads edits and watches random sims. I'm halfway through BOSJ on the junior story.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I've been reading up on the new gimmick system on TEW 2020 and I'm completely perplexed by it. It's supposedly simpler yet to me seems even more complicated and like more work each time you want to change someone's gimmick. Also there's grids now. Grids are never simple.

Anyways. Come check out my electronic wrestling show. I don't have the time or energy to write out a proper preview, but storylines will move forward, and characters will be developed, and also some wrestling.

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I kind of gave up trying to understand it until I can actually see it. My best guess is its no more a bunch of preset gimmicks with a bunch of requirements, its now something you can tweak and play with and you can call the gimmick whatever the gently caress you want. Basically like the product settings.

The Developer Journal is out of the "new features you've been wanting to get you hype" stage and into that "really detailed nerdy stuff Ryland loves but you can't process without actually having it in front of you" stage.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 30, 2019

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
On the wwe front 2 entrances have come out for 2k20 this week Joe and Buddy Murphy both on the WWE games twitter @wwegames

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Fat Lowtax posted:

The Enforcer's real name was Jon Dowd.

It has been one week since this, but lol

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And after briefly fixing the situation (I thought), I'm having a problem in FPW where having the mods enabled breaks custom entrance music. I can fix this by verifying the files, but this breaks the mods. Patching in the mods again... you get the idea.

And again I'm the only person having this issue so it's impossible to troubleshoot.

Like on the one hand it's good that the game keeps getting support and minor fixes (even some UI improvements in the latest patch) but I fear I've done something to just make the game never work properly for me.

EDIT: Okay this IS related to a known issue and fixing it involves changing all the WAV files to MP3s so I've got some work to do, but it does solve the problem!

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 3, 2019

Takuan
May 6, 2007

That issue seems to be specifically related to the Entrance Attire aspect of the mod pack. Ironically, the Entrance Attire mod also fixes the issue of the game not playing the right back ground music during matches.

Personally, I use the Entrance Attire Mod made by Ace, which doesn't have any of these problems, but is also incompatible with a few elements of the Carlzilla Mod Pack.

Mods can be tricky and confusing.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
https://clips.twitch.tv/PuzzledIntelligentAniseBudBlast

I love this game.

edit: Please forgive my loud shrieking commentary

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just want a mod that has champions make their entrance wearing a belt, even if its a generic place holder belt

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Batista is in the new Gears of War apparently.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just want a mod that has champions make their entrance wearing a belt, even if its a generic place holder belt

There is, assuming you are talking about Fire Pro. I've never used it, though, so I can't tell you how exactly it works. But I'm gonna guess you at least need a png of your belt. Using it as a custom part.

It was part of the entrance attire mod if you want to try playing around with it.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 3, 2019

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Batista is in the new Gears of War apparently.

If he's not batista bombing whatever the monsters in that series are called it's a waste.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

There is, assuming you are talking about Fire Pro. I've never used it, though, so I can't tell you how exactly it works. But I'm gonna guess you at least need a png of your belt. Using it as a custom part.

It was part of the entrance attire mod if you want to try playing around with it.

it's... it's a process.

First you have to get custom belt textures, of which there are many.
Then you have to make a costume for your character wearing the belt.
Then you have to set up an entrance attire for that character.
There's no way to automate the process, so when someone loses/wins a belt, you have to take the entrance attire away for the one and set it up for the new one.
Once you have the process down, it only takes a minute or so to do.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Slay The Spire is extremely fun.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Slay The Spire is extremely fun.

It is? That's a relief. I forgot to pause my Humble monthly last month.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FullMetalJackoff posted:

It is? That's a relief. I forgot to pause my Humble monthly last month.

Oh yeah. It's challenging but super fun if you like deck building.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it's p cool. Dicey Dungeons is good too, but is a 0/10 game since it uses "dice" as a singular noun.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I’m surprised they haven’t gone all in on micro transactions and the like- 2k18 has loot crates but you can’t spend real money on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Women's Evolution Showcase

https://wwe.2k.com/news/2k20-showcase-womens-evolution/