Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Telex posted:

uh what?

I don't think you get how to cheeze KOTR.

You put in 4 commons. These are your tag teams. You don't ever have to swap them but gently caress it why not.

You put in your 4 best cards. 2 in the solo spots, 2 on the bench. Get a second diva that's good enough to maybe win some games. Every 2 hrs, you log in for less than 30 seconds and swap the teams.

When you wake up, you use 3 energy to refil your "A" team. Rinse, repeat. Tryhard when you get to the bracket. Unless you're just super weak on your best cards, you should win roughly 2/3 of your games. If you're really over-doing it, you probably will win against everyone that isn't doing what you're doing which in my last two was 1 dude.

It's absolutely not worth your time unless your time is fairly worthless to grind out energy during a KOTR. The system as-is is kinda busted.

Wait, am I reading this right that the tag team doesn't matter at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Its two guys you can use to tank your overall rating while only losing one match maybe

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

No. It's just an easy place to dump 2 commons since it only counts as 1 slot.

If your other 3 slots (2x Solo + Diva) win 100% of the time (because you are fielding Epics against SRs, for example), you will win... 100% of the time against everyone not doing the same.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

oatgan posted:

Its two guys you can use to tank your overall rating while only losing one match maybe

I have been running with all my best guys "active" and taking using the bench, but squeezing in as many decent backups as possible. poo poo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Telex posted:

uh what?

I don't think you get how to cheeze KOTR.

You put in 4 commons. These are your tag teams. You don't ever have to swap them but gently caress it why not.

You put in your 4 best cards. 2 in the solo spots, 2 on the bench. Get a second diva that's good enough to maybe win some games. Every 2 hrs, you log in for less than 30 seconds and swap the teams.

When you wake up, you use 3 energy to refil your "A" team. Rinse, repeat. Tryhard when you get to the bracket. Unless you're just super weak on your best cards, you should win roughly 2/3 of your games. If you're really over-doing it, you probably will win against everyone that isn't doing what you're doing which in my last two was 1 dude.

It's absolutely not worth your time unless your time is fairly worthless to grind out energy during a KOTR. The system as-is is kinda busted.
Its not important but I wanna say this is absolutely not the "best" way to cheese KotRs. It is one way and will likely get the job done. The best way is gonna depend on what your best cards are, how many you have, and how much stronger they are than your average level.

But yeah, going in with as few high level cards as you need to make it to the contender's bracket and then finals is your objective. The problem with saying there is a "best" way is that it's gonna depend on how other people in your KotR are cheesing it.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Only thing I can think of with low ranked people like that is that they played the game a while, decided they liked it, then deleted their account to start over with top level cards and attempt a huge unbeaten record.

Just a guess anyway. Otherwise people are dropping hundreds of dollars on a game they barely played, and I'm not sure I can deal with that.

But a lot of them are like 100-80. I just cracked into Legend+, and they're sitting ducks because none of their poo poo is levelled.

KotR chat: I threw all my best cards in, made it to the top of Epic tier, and then grinded enough to get over the hump into Legendary. Free Epic every two days, stockpiling experience on Rares until I luck into a double, and don't need to worry about stamina or even bother to sub my cards. Currently 2-27.

30 seconds per 2 days for an Epic. Or $25.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I've been at Legendary ++ for almost a week now and I haven't gotten a legendary since the Pump It Up I got as my guaranteed drop. I'm getting a little annoyed.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Yeah drop rates are pretty absurd. At least eliminate commons or something.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Yeah drop rates are pretty absurd. At least eliminate commons or something.
Yeah, why don't they give you more of the rare cards!? WHYYYY!@?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Exactly

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mayostard posted:

I've been at Legendary ++ for almost a week now and I haven't gotten a legendary since the Pump It Up I got as my guaranteed drop. I'm getting a little annoyed.

What tier KOTR are you able to do? As mentioned this page, at a certain point, you look at the level of the card you can get for making the knockout round versus how often the cards drop in Exhibition mode and start putting yourself in KOTRs on a constant basis.

I sneaked into Epic KOTR and even if I fail I'll get an UR wrestler, but if I make the knockout I'd get an Epic guy and so far I only have had one (my automatic drop for making Epic in Exhibition).

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Exhibition is only for getting cards to feed to your players.

Once you give up and come to that realization, the game is okay. Never expect to get a single usable card from exhibition, because the chances of you getting a second to pro whatever you got the first time while it's still relevant for you to use it is absurdly low. It's already something like 1/1000 for UR cards, I assume it's 1/5000 for Epic and maybe 1/10,000 for Legendary. No proof, but considering the drop rates people have mentioned elsewhere, you should just abandon hope.

Play KOTR, just always chain run the thing. Play Exhibition for energy and boosts and when you need cards to feed something if you get a useful pair from KOTR. The whole 100 card limit really curbs the usefulness of Exhibition anyway, since at some point you end up wasting cards feeding things you will never play and the return from feeding a higher level card is not 1:1 with what you put into it so you lose some when you do that.

In theory if you do it right, you'll get at least an A-team you can start to level up in 2 weeks of not even playing the game very much and then grind a People's Champ weekend to feed the stuff you got from the last 2-3 KOTRs and that's basically the game.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Mayostard posted:

I've logged a ridiciulous number of exhibition games played in SuperCard (I'm almost at the Epic Cena ladder reward). In that time I've pulled a total of three non-freebie Epic cards - a trash can, Daniel Bryan, and Ryback - and zero non-freebie Legendary cards. As has been stated earlier, just set and forget your KOTR deck and collect a guaranteed Epic/Legendary card with little to no effort in two days.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 10, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
When I posted that loss to Team Epic Sandbag yesterday, I had dropped to 4-12 in that KotR.

It's almost over now:

gently caress DA POLICE

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

art imitates life

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I know it is extremely unlikely, but it would be nice if I could actually pair up one of my Legendaries.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

smashpro1 posted:

I know it is extremely unlikely, but it would be nice if I could actually pair up one of my Legendaries.

I completely lucked out in a KOTR where the 1st seed has three Legendary Pros and a common tag team. He forgot to re-energize his cards when the knockout round began, so I managed to sneak into a finals matchup and ended up with a pair of Ultimate Warriors in a losing effort.

EDIT:
Whoa, my Diamond Brock's stats changed.

To:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 10, 2014

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

2K forums posted:

- No cards were reduced in overall stats. You will have lost nothing in terms of overall power on a card.

- Most cards remained at the same overall total stats that they were before, but had their stats shifted around to make more sense. For example, Goldust's top stat is no longer speed, but the points lost in Speed went to other stats.

- Some cards were increased in overall stats. They did not change rarity though. Some cards just were underpowered.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

These restructurings put my KOTR deck juuuuuuuuuuust over the line to Epic. Time for guaranteed URs!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Still doesn't solve the mystery of how Andre, Show, and Mark Henry are tied for like 8th in power in every tier.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

So, the other day I complained about getting an Epic AJ pair from my KOTR cause I already had an Epic Pro Naomi, the best Epic Diva.

After this patch "rebalancing", maxed out Epic Pro AJ is now my strongest card. This is hilarious to me.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It looks like they increased all the diva cards so they would line up with the male wrestlers.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Erik Rowan swapped TGH and CHA now becoming a mediocre Big Show knockoff. :saddowns:
In addition to buffing the Divas to male levels, my SR Nikki Bella and SR Paige are now the same total stats, but Nikki now beats Paige on 3 out of 4 stats. Guess I can swap back now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hey I think I can tell you the entire list of matches in 2k15's showcase mode if you'll shut up about card treadmill with fake rarities for a minute

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

epitasis posted:

Hey I think I can tell you the entire list of matches in 2k15's showcase mode if you'll shut up about card treadmill with fake rarities for a minute

Go on...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The biggest tragedy of Punk's retirement is that the Punk/Cena rivalry will never be complete.

The RAW match for the Wrestlemania shot is their best match in my opinion, but not a really satisfying ending :(

ANYWHO, gotta wait 3 hours to get my Epic pair from this KOTR. Hopefully it's not another diva!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Haha, they have the match with Cena smashing Rey Mysterio's dreams like the good friend that he is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Nash and Booker T are in two of those matches at least so I think they're probably in the game

edit: also Flair is in one but seems obvious that he'd be in

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Haha, they have the match with Cena smashing Rey Mysterio's dreams like the good friend that he is.

Yeah but it'll be cool to see Punk come back post-match debuting "Cult of Personality," so that'll be awesome.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I hope the MITB '11 match has CM Punk listed as part of the Nexus on his on-screen graphic

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Woo! Today much better than yesterday. SR Pro Paige finally got me my free epic (Bray Wyatt) and I manage to force my way back from 4-12 to the finals of the KotR against the dude with all the Epics. I guess I'll be happy with my UR pair, whatever they are.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

IcePhoenix posted:

It looks like they increased all the diva cards so they would line up with the male wrestlers.

That and they swapped around some of the Diva stats, so that Cameron is no longer better than Nikki Bella.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

IcePhoenix posted:

I like to think the reason for this is so they can implement a new method of determining ranks so they can prevent people from stocking their bench/tag with commons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toshimo posted:

I like to think the reason for this is so they can implement a new method of determining ranks so they can prevent people from stocking their bench/tag with commons.

It's certainly a good first step.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Has anyone posted a full card changelog yet?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

flatluigi posted:

Has anyone posted a full card changelog yet?

Last I saw, reddit was still compiling it.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Finished 4-41 in my Legend KotR for my second Epic Daniel Bryan out of 5 Epic draws.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
On second thought, I shouldn't have been complaining about the drop rate. Especially since I finally got another Epic Undertaker, thus making my team completely Epic Pros and they're more powerful than base Legendary cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

My two potential tweaks to the game would be moving the floor of "resetting the board" up to Rare once you hit a certain point, because by that time (whichever time proves best for balance) those Rare or even Super Rare cards are just bigger XP doses to train cards. The other change would be giving three cards for a 3-0 win to help get XP cards faster.

[Edit] and also got into the bracket for my Epic KOTR, guaranteed Epic card wooooo