Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I took the time to max out and combine two rare Eva Marie cards. In an exhibition matchup, my level 4 rare Pro Eva Marie had better stats than a level 10 rare Pro Eva Marie. Max, then combine if you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Behold my shame champion:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Stanfield posted:

So I found a bug. If you tap just at the very bottom of the screen you can reuse cards. It's a little bit broken.

Wow, yeah. That worked when I tried it just now.

Edit:
I finally have a new go-to beast card:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 18, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

It's determined by the sum of your hand's stats. So, higher ranked cards and leveling up cards will raise your rank.

This also includes your support cards. Switching out a Rare support for a Super Rare support qualified my exhibition deck for the Ultra Rare++ rank by the tiniest of slivers.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

triplexpac posted:

I just jump up to the higher tiers as fast as I can, because you get better cards depending on what your tier is.

Exactly. Even though my deck is in Ultra Rare++ tier, I'm still being offered opponents in the Ultra Rare and Ultra Rare+ tier. Those matchups make for easy wins and more picks from the Ultra Rare++ deck.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I just got my exhibition deck to Epic and the only Ultra Rares I pulled throughout that entire UR/UR+/UR++ tier were two Vince McMahons, one Andre, and one 2x4 support card. Max Pro Super Rares carried my deck the entire time.

I also just noticed that the portrait and the spotlights on my Epic Ultimate Warrior card move dynamicallly with my phone's movement. That's unnecessary, but kinda neat.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

KOTR in the Ultra Rare tier is practically unwinnable if you grind for cards. The top seeds all have Epic and Legendary cards. I'm assuming their reserve and support cards are Common/Uncommon so their decks qualify for UR.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Entered an Epic tier KOTR the other day because the worst I could do was get an UR card as a consolation prize. I somehow ended up qualifying, defeating the 1 seed as an 8, and then promptly got trounced in the second round. My guaranteed Epic card ended up being:

I'm now thinking about dropping down to a UR KOTR and becoming the type of entrant that I complained about before (stacked starting five, garbage that will never be used in reserve).

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

I've hit a wall in SuperCard.
I'm in Ultra Rare++, and my team is four SR Pros, and a R Pro Diva. Everyone is maxed out. Now, I'm just idly tapping through exhibition matches farming KOTR consumables and praying for better Diva cards.

A deck that is all maxed SR Pros (including a max SR Pro Diva) will be enough to get you into the Epic tier. You need to get lucky enough to either grind out two of the same SR Diva cards or win a Diva pair from a SR tier KOTR finals matchup.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

How do the inherent abilities that sine characters have work? My SR Vince will sometimes get a +11 charisma and toughness boost, but not always.

According to the Supercard FAQ:

quote:

Q: What triggers my Superstar's abilities?

Abilities are triggered randomly when the Superstar is played. The chance for the ability to trigger is based on the rarity of the Superstar. Here's the current trigger percentages:

Uncommon - 15%
Rare - 17.5%
Super Rare - 20%
Ultra Rare - 25%
Epic - 30%
Legendary - 33%

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

I'm in UR++, my team is 5 double-max pro-max SR's, and I have no idea what to do from here. My dudes can't compete in the UR KotR, and SR KotR doesn't help me move forward either.

Sigh.

What support cards do you have? They contribute to your deck rating as well.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

SR Second wind / SR Universe

Then what's your deck look like? It might be the case that some of your max pro SR's just aren't rated highly enough to get your deck to the next tier. For example, Mr. McMahon is the weakest non-diva SR card and even at max pro it's rated lower than a max, non-pro UR Shawn Michaels. If that's the case, then go ahead and dominate SR-level KOTRs and hope you win a pair of the better SR cards. Waiting two days is probably a better bet than grinding and praying for good cards to come up.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 4, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

Oh, no no no.

I have the cards to be in the UR KotR, but I dot have the cards to do well in the UR KotR. I always get wrecked by dudes with legendaries that can stand to lose stamina while I have to keep my cards topped off between qualifying rounds.

With the stamina change, if I finish building my second deck I might stand a chance. Just sucks that I've gotten 1 UR in 500 matches in UR exhibition tier.

I meant that a team of five highly rated max pro SRs plus two SR support cards in an exhibtion deck can be enough to get you into the Epic tier, so at the very least you'll be able to pull a guaranteed Epic card once you clear the board the first time:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 4, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Playing supercard and I don't understand why some of my cards are marked "in use" when they're not in the 5 i use for matches? I can't use them for training because of this "in use" status.

card games confuse me i'm a moron.

They're probably in your King of the Ring deck. Replace them so you can feed them for training purposes.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Hooray, I finally won an Ultra Rare KOTR. Of course, I had to field a lineup of a max Pro UR Vince, four epics, and a bench full of unleveled common cards but after some grinding I have this to show for it:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

I fought a dude in Epic the had an untrained Common Tyson Kidd and a maxed Ultra Rare Pro Sandow. :iiam:

If you ever come across opponents that have two commons and three high-level cards in their deck, that's entirely intentional on their part. Some people use that strategy to farm picks. The two common cards keep their exhibition deck in a lower tier, giving them a bunch of easy wins like 90% of the time. They save up their picks, replace the commons to move their deck to a higher tier, and then go on a card picking spree.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

E: ^^ backing out of picks is time consuming on iOS though that would work. Plus it's not that hard to run the game normally and get like a 7:1 win/loss ratio and not need a bunch of superpowerful cards.

The types of people who approach the game that way are also the same people who say not to combine lower level cards feeder cards because the time you spend combining them is time that you could have spent farming picks.

Edit: They also really care about their meaningless W/L ratio.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 15, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I finally got around to updating the Supercard app for my phone. I'm only 1700 exhibition games away from that second UR John Cena ladder reward!

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Is it just me, or are support cards locked in once you select one of them in exhibition? I can't de-select them.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Sockser posted:

They're not necessarily epics, that's just the game's "I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS" file, so it usually means a network hiccup or something.
If you boot up the game and there's a green downward-facing arrow with a percentage indicator on the Play/Options main screen, it's downloading the art assets. Just go back to the main screen and let it go all the way to 100%.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Telex posted:

I got bad news for you.

I've been on epic++ for a while and I've never seen an Epic drop.

I reached the second UR John Cena ladder reward before I picked a non-freebie Epic card, which ended up being a trash can.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I got my first non-support Legendary from the People's Champion Challenge, but I'll never be able to make it a Pro. Anything involving Speed and/or Charisma is a problem against Epic Pros but dude's still a beast at level 40:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 23, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

cams posted:

Question though, are filled was your KOTR Rarity bar when you started that KOTR? I'm trying to figure out if there are separate tiers of each difficulty or not.

Yes, KOTR groups tend to be filled with people whose rarity bars are around the same as your total deck at the time you begin the tournament. People tend to game the system by packing their bench with common cards or using some level 0 Pro cards that end up fully maxed during the course of the qualifying round.

I just won a pair of Shawn Michaels cards in an Epic KOTR and I am absolutely pumped.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

DoctorDelaware posted:

The KotRs I've done on Legendary tier have been really weird. I go in, expecting to tank for Epics, and there's always so many people already doing the same thing that I end up qualifying almost on accident. I don't get very far, obviously, but in my three Legendary KotRs, I've made the 2nd round once, first round once, and the time I didn't qualify, it was because I lost the tiebreaker for the 8th spot.

Legendary KOTRs tend to be harder to populate. I think the game tends to add bots to help fill out the group. You can tell because they have lower-level support cards (common rarity) and have their energy refill icons lit up.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Mayostard posted:

I've been at Legendary ++ for almost a week now and I haven't gotten a legendary since the Pump It Up I got as my guaranteed drop. I'm getting a little annoyed.

I've logged a ridiciulous number of exhibition games played in SuperCard (I'm almost at the Epic Cena ladder reward). In that time I've pulled a total of three non-freebie Epic cards - a trash can, Daniel Bryan, and Ryback - and zero non-freebie Legendary cards. As has been stated earlier, just set and forget your KOTR deck and collect a guaranteed Epic/Legendary card with little to no effort in two days.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 10, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

I know it is extremely unlikely, but it would be nice if I could actually pair up one of my Legendaries.

I completely lucked out in a KOTR where the 1st seed has three Legendary Pros and a common tag team. He forgot to re-energize his cards when the knockout round began, so I managed to sneak into a finals matchup and ended up with a pair of Ultimate Warriors in a losing effort.

EDIT:
Whoa, my Diamond Brock's stats changed.

To:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 10, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bhester posted:

Well, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

I just think that they haven't fully applied the stat corrections to the opponents' decks or something, because I faced a Diamond Brock with the old stats earlier. Either that or you have to log into Supercard to have the changes applied, so you might end up in exhibition matches with people who haven't logged in since the adjustments and have cards with the old stats. I dunno.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 11, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

PCC Hogan is rated higher than the Diamond Brock. His speed is, appropriately enough, abysmal.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

triplexpac posted:

Has anyone spent any money on Supercard?

I play it a ton and wouldn't mind sending the devs some money, but drat their price points are unappealing. It would be like $10 just to MAYBE get an Epic card, but most likely get an Ultra Rare that I absolutely don't need. No thanks!

And forget about paying $25 for an Epic, cause I know I won't get the Legendary.

I haven't bought a thing on Supercard, except for when I inexplicably had store credit in my account after one of their maintenance outages. They probably get plenty of income from the top finishers buying title matches in the People's Champion Challenge alone, though.

EDIT:
Looks like a new card tier and changes to the current KOTR reward structure are coming soon:

interpunct fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 12, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

cyberia posted:

Somebody mentioned that there are going to be nerfs made to the Supercard KOTR mode but I can't find any specifics on the developer's twitter or the Supercard forum. Can someone fill me in as to what changes are going to be made? I'm currently languishing in a weird purgatory of being too OP for UR KOTR (and having over 20 UR wrestlers in my collection at the moment) but not being good enough to win an Epic KOTR (because every one I enter is filled with guys playing with stacked hands of Legendary pros and a bench of common cards) so if they're going to make it even harder to get pairs of cards then I guess I'll uninstall now and save myself the grind.

quote:

As for King of the Ring rewards, they are too generous. KotR is fairly short and to get Pro cards so easily makes it the path of least resistance to upgrade your deck. The generous rewards plus the current lack of drops from the board made it this way. When we change the drop system on the board we will be changing the KotR rewards at the same time to ensure both paths are good ways to upgrade your deck for the commensurate amount of effort.

Source: 2K forums post by a dev

So no specifics yet, but it seems like the exhibition drop rate will be tweaked somewhat and the KOTR rewards won't be the same.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

smashpro1 posted:

Who else is excited for Damien Mizdow cards?

I'm hoping the update doesn't go live in the next few hours. I'm in the finals of a Legendary KOTR and I'd love to get one last guaranteed pair of cards.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

The Supercard update is now live. KOTR no longer offers a guaranteed pair, even for winners.

Edit:

The new cards look cool. I wish I got a support as a freebie, though.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 26, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

The new ladder rewards are hilarious. It takes 60,000 games played to be able to make a Pro Survivor John Cena card.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

I just won a Survivor KOTR, but I feel like I should have taken second for the guaranteed Legendary support card. Although unlikely, I hope that one of the two random rewards can pair with my freebie.

Edit: Ended up with AJ Lee and Eve Torres.

Edit 2: and my first non-freebie Legendary board pull was a stop sign, which was my freebie when I first hit Legendary.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 28, 2014

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Since the survivor tier happened my win rate has dropped like a stone. The grind to turn my group of level 10 or so legend pros into max pros is taking forever and they keep jobbing to the 3+ 2 common sandbag teams. I would have fed my epic pros to them but now we have a 20 card mode I don't want to do that. Also Survivor KOTR is crazy hard; I'm not even making the top 8s and I've yet to get a card above SR in exhibition since the patch. Improved droprates my rear end.

Since the update went live, I've already pulled a non-freebie Survivor card. Leading up to that card, I pulled two Legendaries, three Epics, and like 10 Ultra Rares. Keep grinding, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

cyberia posted:

How many matches have you played to get those cards? Since the update I've probably played close to a thousand matches and all I've pulled is one ultra rare, a handful of super rare and the normal number of rares (playing at Legendary tier).

I probably played around 1200 matches since the update with a Survivor+ deck. Maybe the +/++ tier designations really do make a difference now.