Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wrestling game mods scene has always been full of weird toxic personalities. the no mercy mod scene was the most unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was gifted the newest 2k game here are some of my thoughts so far

the load times are a lot better, i dunno if its something to do with the ui or what they did but everything seems to start up quickly. i like the start of MyCareer so far how it takes you from a regional indy guy living out of a van to a guy in the system, it feels like a nice throwback to Day of Reckoning which was a game i thought had a fun single player mode.

one thing in universe mode thats kinda killing me is using these very small pixelated 512x512 images for show logos compared to prior versions letting you use 1024x512, i didn't think it'd be that big of a problem but it does really hurt how the calendar and presentation of the show if you're using anything customized. however, if that's the tradeoff for a quicker loading experience then i'm fine with it, it's not a real big deal. the level of control and quality of life for universe mode as a booking simulator is a lot better, it feels like an actual improvement to the mode as opposed to the copy/paste from the last three iterations. matches feel the same but they're fine. i haven't explored the daniel bryan mode or online gameplay and probably wont. there are some weird picks when it comes to the roster but last year's game had sawyer fulton so it's whatever.

by the way if you're on the ps4 version, i uploaded the '02-'10 ring of honor belt. go and grab it.

i think this is an improvement to last year's version on most facets, the important ones anyway, and i felt last year's game was the strongest entry into the series since '13. i give this game a 2 out of 3 on the grody scale.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

titans pack looks like its gonna drop thanksgiving week. no word yet on if the korauken hall or tokyo dome venues will be patched in for create an arena but no denial yet either.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one feature of the game i do particularly enjoy as a little touch is if you pull off a cradle really early into the match, your wrestler will automatically slink out of the ring and celebrate outside

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i made a bunch of AEW stuff for anyone who still plays the bad 2k19 game

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im a big dumb mark who made a bunch of AEW belts and arenas for ps4. Username is mrshelfdestruct if you want it.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 13, 2019

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just finished this creation for ps4 if anyone is interested. Made logo myself.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

fire pro is closer but the gameplay is incredibly timing specific.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what is the status of mike haggar

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

I'm going to run an entire promotion of nothing but Yakuza characters

so, new japan?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i started out with a roster of 6 now grown to a roster of 10 after a full year. what are the a/b/c/d rankings wrestlers have? can these be improved?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i started out with a small roster of 6, accidentally booked myself into a corner, decided to give two freelancers a tryout opening match and they both no-showed, resulting in my attendance tanking and losing a ton of money. eventually by august i was able to figure out how to manage my cards and keep my main eventers over, and started profiting 50k to 120k a show, finishing with a balance of 540k by january. my champion is cesaro and he's super over in usa and europe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im going to sink ungodly hours into this thing. the only suggestion i have is to create a promotion beforehand with a ton of wrestlers to dump into free agency.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so i decided to see what happens if you try to be an abject failure and bankrupt yourself in this mode. what happens is dark as heck shady looking gangsters wearing black show up at your condo and make you go with them into a van and the next image is just bubbles on the surface of the sea, implying you were murdered by the yakuza for blowing their investments

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Takuan posted:

I saw someone go bankrupt in month 1 on a stream. It wasn't quite that dramatic.
they did it wrong

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

with a roster of 16 and in year 2 of my promotion i figure its probably time to create a championship. i go and book a tournament, i have a collection of guys from indies/wwe/video game characters etc like any firepro player does. but i want this championship to mean something so i kinda looked at my roster and asked who are the best of the best here who are my best 8 who should be considered to carry the belt, its important. i settled on a tournament of 8 consisting of 7 i considered good enough which were (mind you im going with modern talent) roman reigns/john cena/randall k. orton/mike haggar/jeff cobb/ZSJ/LA Park. i needed to fill an eighth spot and wanted to off set the big people so i threw in candice lerae since shes over. she actually made it to the finals before losing to roman. its too bad there isnt really a way to track feuds as a way to increase wrestler overness because it feels like a natural starbuilding moment to go from here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just stole ACE's championship after having some interpromotional relations with them for the past 3 months. Do i risk anything if i don't ever attempt to give them a shot at their belt back?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Someone needs to just fuse Fire Pro's match engine into TEW. That sounds like it'd be good.
man it would be pretty great

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Running an mma promotion in promoter mode is basically cheating and seems to never yield matches under 85%

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Running an mma promotion in promoter mode is basically cheating and seems to never yield matches under 85%

So it turns out that mma promotions lead to way higher injury rates uh oh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

All completely made up guys.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

triplexpac posted:

In my TEW game I booked a show in Central Europe but forgot about the language barrier. Good to know Ric Flair can cut a B+ promo even if the crowd can’t understand a word he says

shinpei nogami won best commentator.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i know nobody plays 2k19 but i just threw these online for anyone who is interested. the first one i made before the actual belt was unveiled so im glad that they wound up going in that direction!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i missed the live airing and the debut but i really like WAVE's aesthetic and the roster i've gotten to see so far.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

so surprise to absolutely nobody but big rumor isthe WWE 2K20 campaign mode is centered around the career of Hulk Hogan starting in AWA all the way up to Rock/Hogan at Mania X8. one silver lining i guess is this means we probably get a decent number of WCW arenas. Kofi better be the cover athlete if they're going this hard with it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

joylessdivision posted:

While the AWA stuff might be cool for the legends we might get, fuuuuuuuuuuuck off with the Hogan poo poo. God drat it Vince.

the AWA stuff will probably just be like one match, but it will probably mean we get Bockwinkel as a wrestler with Heenan as a manager, so that could be cool. and maybe, just maybe, it'll give us Wrestlemania III with ring carts.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

2k19 is the best in the series since wwe 13, which was the best entry since SvR 06.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I have this feeling that since its WWE, his entire wcw career will probably consist of him beating flair as a babyface in 94, his turn at bash at the beach, his loss and win over luger, Sting nonsense, and his loss to goldberg. Maybe if we're lucky, the Warrior stuff too since they already have Havoc 98 to work with.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

I haven't checked in on WWE games in a while. They removed the ability (however convoluted it was) to customize your entrance music with whatever song you want, right? And that hasn't returned?
yeah that feature has been gone since 2k14

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

Thankfully on PC there are modding tools to do it.

all the good CAW people are on ps4 though :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

day of reckoning did the best rookie to main roster superstar storyline

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best medium is a cross mixture of running TEW with Fire Pro

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought 2k19 was decent and im usually a harsh critic for yukes' games.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

any wrestling game that lets you get pinned 1-2-3 even in the first 10 seconds just because you missed some stupid loving minigame cue is bad and is laughably bad game design. That poo poo should be based on stamina like No Mercy/Fire Pro with the occasional resilience skill kickout. If you wanted to get squashed or do late kickouts for effect I remember you could do that in the AKI titles by holding a specific button

when did toru yano pin you

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

theres always one major wrestler who somehow doesnt make the cut despite having been on the roster for a long time. last year was ciampa so this year it will be *shakes magic 8 ball*...Johnny Gargano

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lost my old email posted:

i want a realistic career mode where picking the wrong type of wrestler takes you straight to the gameover screen

largo loop hell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

naughty dog should make a wrestling game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its still a real nice base roster

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've been playin fire pro for 17 years and not once have I actually played a match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont know if hes makin stuff on pc but lord worm was my go to guy for FP Returns