Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I guess there are some people spending money on Super Card since I just faced an Epic Taker and Ultra Rare Savage in SR+ tier exhibition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Anyone else notice the Region of Doom sign in the crowd?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Chinook posted:

In Supercard, there are the blue and yellow diamonds for synergy between different characters. Is there any common theme for why a given guy is one or the other? Are the blues more likely to be faces/heels? Is it by era? I don't have/see enough Yellow types to figure it out.

I'm not sure. Andre, Austin, Batista, Big Show, RVD, Cesaro, and Cody are yellows I recall.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I agree with the goon who said that playing Supercard makes them miss Raw Deal.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I liked the WWF and WCW CCGs. The WCW one was probably dead from day 1 since the starter character was Buff Bagwell.

But as Bagwell you could "Be The Stuff" once per turn!

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I just ran into a glitch that shows that it doesn't matter which card you pick, the rewards are predetermined. I chose a card, got Jey Uso, the game didn't proceed and I got my pick back, chose a different card, got Jey Uso. That happened twice more, so I just shut down the game.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

It's funny how they talked about adding the flashing lights to Randy Orton's entrance, but they aren't in sync with the music.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Hope it happens, I can only imagine what kind of mods could be made for it. I also fear what would show up on Nexus...

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

So the qualifying round is 45 hours in total?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I'm struggling to get a diva to replace my max pro rare Eva Marie so I can get to the epic tier.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I have a pair of max pro rare Eva Maries that I swap out frequently in SR kotr and save 4 of each boost for quarter and semi finals. That in addition to what was mentioned above allows me to get a pair of SR cards every time, but I'm a little disappointed from getting R-Truth last time after previously getting RVD and The Rock.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Sono posted:

Good god Andre is common - I just had a match against a guy with 3 Pro SR Andres.

It seems like everyone I play against has SR Andre, SR Big Show, or SR Brock, if not all three.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I don't know if it's true for all epic tier cards, but as I went to set my ipad down, I noticed my epic Brie Bella reacts to the gyro sensor.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Looking at the card catalog, there are new special Legendary Brock and Cena which is probably the first event and probably meant to coincide with NoC

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

I got super rare Paige and Cena cards as ladder rewards that have gold borders and appear to be unusable. It's weird.

edit: I guess all the rewards have gold borders but I can't put the SRs in my deck.

Have you received them as rewards by completing an exhibition game after the update?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So how do you get into the people's champ mode? And were any other cards added besides Cena and Paige?

Another thing about the Paige and Cena's. I limit myself to only having one of a superstar in my deck at a time. I'm only going to use one Paige rather than two) So deciding what to do with them is tough.

People's Champ Mode starts at 12am PST tonight and runs until Tuesday, I believe the Special New Legendary Cena and Brock (The only other new cards) are won from that.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

So does only 1 team win this thing, and if so which team are we stacking?

With such little time left, I'm voting we stack Team Brock

Edit: Guess I was wrong about the start time.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 17, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

You are basically just choosing which of the two you want the prize to be.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I don't understand why Erick Rowan is a better card than Roman Reigns and why he has such high Charisma. Whomever designed this game is clearly a fan of him and Eva Marie.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

harperdc posted:

my conspiracy theory is that Erick Rowan's stats are what we would have if a certain Charles Montgomery Punk was licensed in the game. "Oh no, we need to put someone in this slot! Quick, who haven't we used? The other Wyatt dude? Sure, why not."

It's actually a very plausible theory, it definitely explains why Rowan has a Legendary and Harper and Wyatt don't.

Edit: New theory, Rowan replaced Punk and Tyson Kidd inherited the original stats Rowan was given.

Also, Cena only has five moves across his six cards.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 18, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

smashpro1 posted:

Regardless of which side wins the challenge, whoever wins those first-place cards is gonna be unstoppable.

I just hope to break 400.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

So what's this "need" column on that spreadsheet? Can I only obtain Rare Shawn Michaels as an Exhibition reward if I've already obtained Rare Big E? If so, do I need Big E in my inventory, or just in my Pokedex?

That's just a column of what's missing from the spreadsheet.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

The people's champ mode starts in seven hours, so it's like 2am EST. What the hell is that? Am I going to miss it? Not even exactly sure what happens.

It runs until Tuesday.

SilverMike posted:

Awesome, I get to trade in my Epic Steph for Pro UR AJ. Thanks KotR pair!

The day before the update, I got a UR Nikki, which pushed me into Epic tier and gave me Brie and the KotR I won that night gave me a pair of UR AJs. So I am now flushed with divas.

Mayostard fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 19, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

SilverMike posted:

How many points do you have? Just wondering about the ballpark I'd need to get to for the epic pair from rank 5500.

I'm around rank 1200 at 3000 points, to give you an idea.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Got the two epic Brocks and I now have an almost maxed out pro which shot me from the upper edge of Epic+ to Legendary.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

AlmightyPants posted:

Does Neville have a pocket protector?

WWE Films has optioned the rights to Rainier Wolfcastle's "Undercover Nerd"

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

I concur. Being just in Ultra Rare ++ and still getting constant Rare Tyson Kidd drops just kills my interest in this game.

Yeah, I got three rare Swaggers in one day on Friday and I'm in Legendary.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Raffles posted:

I hope there's a lot of backstage interactions in MyCareer mode. Looking forward to beating up members of the production crew that racially abuse you.

I want to drop crates on Hogan backstage.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Otto Von Ruthless
Ryback

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Looks like everything aside from the Diamond Legendary cards is available through regular picks. I just saw a guy with Legendary Miz.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

It vexes me that Natalya is a weaker pro than Cameron.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I've been at Legendary ++ for almost a week now and I haven't gotten a legendary since the Pump It Up I got as my guaranteed drop. I'm getting a little annoyed.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

On second thought, I shouldn't have been complaining about the drop rate. Especially since I finally got another Epic Undertaker, thus making my team completely Epic Pros and they're more powerful than base Legendary cards.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I got second in Legendary KotR this morning, but my prize was a pair of Nikki Bellas. I max pro'd her but now I can't win with her in my team. Good thing I kept my pro epic Natalya.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

BlueArmyMan posted:

This part is baffling me. How is a max Pro Epic better than a max Pro Legendary? :psyduck:

She's more powerful, but when she's in my team, I get put against players with other pro max legendaries and I can't compete with them.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

there's not really much info on commons and uncommons, unfortunately. Aside from the divas, most people will have "graduated" past them relatively quickly anyway.

Only thing to keep in mind about commons is to save six Tyson Kidds and a Summer Rae for maximum KotR cheese.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

The five people who win 2 copies of that Ambrose better make him their champ, because the pro version avatar is loving awesome.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

:bang: I just accidentally fed my max pro ur Paige to an uncommon Tyson Kidd instead of the epic Naomi I just pro'd :bang: :suicide:

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

VoLaTiLe posted:

haha what the christ :psyduck:

She had bonitis... :(