Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I've never played any card game before but i just downloaded this and my first card was Zack Ryder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

On the card game, is there any point in keeping anything less than rare cards? I just got a green Cesaro. Do you just have to train green cards more to get them to be competitive? My deck is strong but I don't like the people (miz, big john studd, Zack ryder)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

On supercard, are you guys using mostly left and right blue alignment guys? It seems like there are way less yellow up and down guys, and since they don't mesh with my four key guys building any of them is pointless.

I got a Rare Pro Edge, SR Hogan, rare Rey and Warrior, and SR Eva. With this lineup I can team Edge and Rey for speed, Hogan and Warrior for charisma, etc. But any yellow guys I get gently caress with the flow so they end up being pointless.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

My team is Pro Rare Edge, and SR Hogan, Show, and Andre and I HATE IT. SR Eddie seems pretty rare in comparison.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

How does anyone win King of the Ring? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to charge your guys/switch out your deck? Because I'm not that dedicated.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I just fought an ultra rare Ric Flair, and it's the first Flair I've seen at all, in any category. And I've been playing since almost day one. Is he new??

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I'm kind of pissed you can't bank your picks anymore, not for any tier chicanery, but solely for the fact that it's so much more bearable to clear a deck all at once instead of two at a time. More often than not the prize was in the last four or five cards of the deck anyway.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The people's champ mode starts in seven hours, so it's like 2am EST. What the hell is that? Am I going to miss it? Not even exactly sure what happens.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

In the roster reveal special on the network right now, they just showed a PC DVD cover!? Has this been announced already?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Yeah but what about sex mods and BIGGER TITTYS??

I'm pretty stoked for this, I haven't played a WWE game since 2011. Even though the videos make the game play look weak, I'll still probably sink a ridiculous amount of free time into this.

I hope it's not a delayed release like other pc games though.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

Yeah. I'm crossing my fingers but until it's official announcement it's not happening. I'm still wondering if that image is a Photoshop.

It was on the Network, during the Network Summerslam 2k15 Roster Reveal Special.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I don't get why so many people hated Matt Striker. Who cares if he made poo poo up, at lest he was making poo poo up about the match and whoever was in it. Give me at least one commentator who calls moves for fucks sake.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

That's probably most accurate though. He clearly had the Man That Calls It Right Down The Middle daddeh *PHWWWWEEEEEP PHWWWWEEEEEP* in his corner.

Usually if someone says something similar to "right down the middle" I will use this quote and get blank stares (probably because I said daddy)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I think the last version I played was 2011, do they still have the feature where you can hold a button to turn a move into a pin, like German suplexes and powerbombs? I loved that, and I know they have a tendency to remove cool features.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

If I was going to buy a console solely for this game, which is the better choice, Ps4 or XboxOne? I wanted to wait for the pc release but I don't know if I can hold out til Spring or later. I haven't played a WWE game since 2011 on the wii so I think i'll be impressed no matter what (unless there's something crazy like that no 2 counts thing).

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

Yeah, they don't tell you what ones are special though in the Clothes chooser. So you have to remember what they look like. :/

This game is very bad but I can't stop playing MyCarear. I've put about 20 hours into it so far.

Why do you keep writing "MyCarear" in all of your posts, is this supposed to be some sort of butt pun that you're trying to get everyone on board with??

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

The only console we have is a regular old Wii, and I was really itching for a new WWE game, so yesterday I went out and bought WWE 13. For some reason a used copy cost 50 bucks but whatever. I started the Attitude era and it was really fun and also pretty accurate from what I remember. The challenges haven't been too difficult yet but I fell like they might get to be after a while.

On the other hand, it looks like absolute garbage. Shawn and Hunter look insane. The crowd is made of ghostly blobs. The CAW options are exactly the same as on SVR11. Hopefully the PS3 and Xbox versions are way better.

I definitely play it long enough to get my money's worth, hopefully long enough until 2K15 comes out on PC.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I guess I'll buy a ps4 and 2k15 now that they've fixed that two hat problem.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

If you really wanted to make a wrestling game thats legit, you would have to book the match beforehand, and set up periods of offense and defense. While you're on defense, you could actually control your selling. You could choose to act like Dolph or you could act like Taker or if you sucked you'd act like a diva.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I hate to be another detractor of Supercard, but as someone who frequents this thread but has zero interest in this game, doesn't it seem like there's only the most tenuous of grasps of this even being considered a wrestling game? It barely has anything to do with wrestling besides pictures.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

What is your definition of a wrestling game?

A game with wrestling matches where you control a wrestler doing wrestling moves. Do you consider Crush Hour a wrestling game solely because of the license?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I can't believe two wrestling related games came out and I hate both of them and they constantly dominate this thread. Sorry about my drat luck.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Since the reception to PC 2K15 seems pretty mixed and I don't have the best rig in the world, i decided to wait and instead get my fix from emulating VPW2. Goddamn is this a great game. I played it for a few years on my actual N64 in the early 2000's so it's not entirely new to me but it's a nice change of pace from the WWE games, and even Fire Pro R which i've been playing on and off forever.

I LOVE the little things that aren't available in No Mercy, like the MMA stuff, the striking strong grapple, and the awesome german suplex counter into running attack. I started the Royal Road last night (which I remember being interminable), and my first match was against Yoshinari Ogawa. It was awesome! And i hate Ogawa! Every time the tide turned in his favor I was legit upset I would lose to this skinny geek. Eventually I beat him after 14 minutes. Eventually after i get good again it won't be as competitive, and thusly not as much fun, but for now its great.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I really want to buy 2k15 for pc even though i know I'll be disappointed but i'm really bored gamewise

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

What wrestling games need is the option to either play it like a real fight or book the finish before the match starts. You should also be able to call an audible no matter what original option you chose, in case the player, or somehow the CPU, puts on an amazing performance and deserves to go over.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

It doesn't really matter what Austin's last match was because he's being called out of retirement to defeat the fuckin Terminator

This would the best ending to a story mode, The Terminator kills everyone in the game, GLASS SHATTERS, KICK WHAM STUNNER, the Terminator Scott Hall sells himself into the molten lava

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

i just bought 2K15 for 12 bucks on PC and it's ok?? It looks great, i appreciate the slower pace, but i'm not really clamoring it play it for hours and hours. Its cool to just do one or two matches and then do something else. If 2k16 is the same i'll pay 12 again.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is anyone else playing WWE: Champions? I figured it would be a hot topic after all the Supercars nonsense. I installed yesterday (had to download an APK and sideload as it's unavailable in the US) and it's pretty fun.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I've been playing WWE Champions for months now. It pisses me off way less than Supercars did, which I gave up two years ago. There's still huge problems but overall its a great time waster.

You don't ever really have to put money down, you can get everything you need just playing. Getting a pull for a new guy is steep though (400 cash in game) and you're not guaranteed a new guy (you can pull nine cards of someone you already have).

One you get as far as you can on The Road go into versus mode and just face guys you know you can crush (using class advantages and team up bonuses). There no use having close matches because you lose too much health and gain less rank.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Assuming everyone ends up with the same beginning guys that's it's always been, NXT Seth is probably the best guy you get early on. His green stomach breaker ties perfectly into his finisher, since it allows you to turn gems blue. So at level six, you can turn three gems of your choice blue, basically guaranteeing you a wildcard plus filling your blue meter, along with its own damage of 3700 or so.

I think the beginning order is usually

Rock
Cena
Juggernaut Roman
COO HHH
Darren Young
NXT Seth
Corporate Kane
Big Show
NXT Dean

I think that's the usual order you get from The Road. Rock used to have life steal on his rock bottom, but they took it away (Shield Roman has it on his Samoan drop). COO HHH can turn into a beast after leveling awhile, strikers hit really hard with their black gems. Powerhouses are the shittiest class, they take forever to fill their red meters. You need someone from all different classes to use the class advantage and should use the class advantage in every match. Build up guys that get team bonuses together too (NXT Seth and Dean, Rock and Roman, HHH/Kane/Show, Cena and Young).

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Gauntlet Blitz is a really weird event where you have to give them tickets to enter, then you build a team of your top guys. It's really difficult and doesn't really offer great rewards, plus the guys you choose for your teams get locked out of being used in any other matches (the road, LT tours, versus etc.). I don't like it one bit.

On the hollow stars thing, it just means that guy was evolved, he wasn't originally a 2* bronze.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

If we can finally put different hair and beards on different faces, get some updated moves from the past ten years, add our own music, and get KOC2 style match ratings, I'll play this game forever.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Is Andre even worth upgrading?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Powerhouses take way too long to charge up red moves though, they're easily beaten most of the time.
Smackdown is one of the harder dailies because of it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

They've added some really cool characters lately that I know I'll never get so that's just loving awesome. Samoa Joe and regular Finn have their actual moves! But no I'm stuck with COO HHH who uses diamond cutter and chokehold.

(HHH really is a beast though, his black gems hit for over 1000 each at level 50)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I used my free bux and coins and pulled a Miz, Titus, and Cesaro. I hope one of them is good.

Cesaro is the best of those three but waiting five turns for a countdown move is too long, and submission finishers aren't as good as regular moves.

I've recently discovered Wade and Neville are a solid team. They get a MP boost to start, and Neville's color turn gems boost Wade's powerbomb.

Also gently caress everyone who puts Orndorff in their defense team.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

The newest event in Champions is themed around the current tour of Europe WWE is doing, so everyone gets a free Cesaro.

This is cool i guess unless you already have Cesaro (which i do). They should have made a Davey Boy Smith and then gave that to everyone, so at least everyone gets a new character.

Also, i recently noticed you can now see characters high level moves, but i feel like you'd have to pay insane amounts of money to get those kind of tokens. My Cesaro is level 50 and i only see green headphones every once in an eon, so how the hell will I ever get him to a spot to unlock the Neutralizer?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

That's actually a sick animation for the Rainmaker, I hope we get a V Trigger and Rain Trigger at some point.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

Yeah, since Faction Feuds are terrible the only benefit you get is an occasional reward which is usually 500 coins and a random prop. I think they're trying to fix it with the new Events, though, so it may well get better.

Faction feud sucks but if you get into one of the top five factions you get flooded with benefactor bags which have assloads of coins in them (10-30k each if coins, otherwise props or health packs). They expect really high scores in faction feud though. But a top fourth to tenth place spot in faction feud also gets you 350k coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

I noticed last night that sometimes when you do the strike exchange, one guy will pose and hit his big strike and knock the other guy down, BUT THEN the other guy will get up and hit his big strike and collapse

best wrestling game ever