Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Edit: wrong thread, accidental post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Steve Vader posted:

Hugh G. Rection existed outside of the lovely 80s sex comedy "Loose Screws?"

Yes, you'll find it was quite Hugh Morris.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
On one hand: overpriced stuff

On the other hand: Get to play through Mark Henry's heel run. Also DDP in a modern WWE game.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HulkaMatt posted:

So are guys like Christian, Randy Orton, Sheamus & Daniel Bryan just not playable unless you pay money or what?

I'm sure Orton / Sheamus / Bryan are in the main game. My guess would be that those packs include alternate costumes that line up with how they looked in 2011.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
What really has me curious is his vague "the Dean Ambrose in new attire is likely not a CAW or alternate attire."

So that mean's it's either something they put together just for that video or there's something else cooler going on. (Multiple Ambroses? They're going to do the current Dean/Seth feud as a Showcase DLC?)

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like the legal issues surrounding the CM Punk thing might have interfered with their marketing and advertising efforts.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

AlmightyPants posted:

Last year some friends and I tried playing MDickie games and it was one of the most hilarious experiences of my life. They weren't good, but they were so weird and broken that funny poo poo kept happening and we couldn't stop. I'm happy he's still making games.

This is pretty much MDickie in a nutshell. His games aren't great but in terms of sheer insanity they are the best.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah pretty much all modern sports games have product placement ads on replay screens / arenas. It's really not so bad as the ads are generally located where they would be in real life so it's somewhat immersive.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also the CAW actually looks like he belongs in this game rather than a cartoon or whatever.

I'll gladly drop some clothes / masks / weird poo poo if it means my CAW won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I don't really miss non-TLC ladder matches, because they played like poo poo in 13/14 against the AI. Even on the hardest difficulty it was pretty much just throw opponent out of the ring, run up and grab the belt 1 minute in to the match.

The one I really wish was in was 2 out 3 falls because that would have been a cool showcase for the stamina system.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think people are mostly comparing it length-wise to the NBA2k My Career which pretty much goes on indefinitely/until you retire. Though that's not much of a good comparison because NBA My Career is even more repetitive than the WWE one.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Best career mode was the GameCube WWE game where Stephanie McMahon sends you on a mission to murder dockworkers, destroy merchandise and drive forklifts.

Ahaha, holy poo poo I forgot about this. I distinctly remember playing as Matt Hardy and beating on dockworkers with a sledgehammer.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I dunno, I think it's worth that much. The actual wrestling/animations/graphics are better than 2k14 to me. It's just the creative suite stuff that's way down.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheJoker138 posted:

It's a bad game.

I disagree?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Manwithastick posted:

Assume I know nothing (which I don't) why is it bad?

The season pass thing is already making me doubt I'll get this but I would love to hear your thoughts

From someone who actually owns the game:

+ Graphics
+ Animations
+ Stamina system / in-game wrestling
+ Import logo feature is awesome for updating attires

- MyCareer kinda sucks
- Severely reduced match types
- Far fewer CAW parts. Like 100x less
- almost no legends on roster
- Too easy
- Season pass feels like half the game

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

TheJoker138 posted:

I also own it, thanks.

I was thrown off by your insight of "No." and "It's a bad game.", I guess.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I've been burned way too many times on a season pass. Typically by the time it's all the way out, it's already on sale. There was no reason to buy the season pass right when the game came out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NXT pack comes out before the first Showcase DLC too.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

simosimo posted:

I've been simming Fire Pro R lately, and I have a pack full of anally-complete rosters, including enhancement talent which I LOVE. I've always had a thing for mid 90s WWF, HeAT, WWF Metal, Velocity and etc and thought i'd make some vids with some dumb match ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnY4C9BUlCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kEwiimTaJQ

Complete with my era relevant matchup screens saved at jpeg compression 1. Paging Bob Holly...

This is really cool, is this on PS2 or PS3? I have the PS2 version but never really figured out how to do custom rosters on there.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

triplexpac posted:

Wow it's actually about that neverending Christian vs Orton feud

They actually thought people would want to buy this?

I mean it had some fun matches but it's not something I'd be chomping at the bit to pay money for.

I think it's the only way to get Edge and Christian in the game. The only one that seems worth the $10 is the Warrior one because that's adding like 6 or 7 new wrestlers.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

For anyone still playing 2K15 - how the gently caress do you do a corner finisher? I gave my CAW the top rope brainbuster as a finisher and never get the prompt to do my finisher. When I whip a guy into the corner, I can't figure out how to place him on the top rope. Any hints?

Press up on the right analog stick. This lifts the opponent up to the top rope.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm still so loving confused. I sat the guy on the top rope and never got the prompt to hit my finisher. Hitting the circle button just does a normal superplex. I don't know if I'm missing something or what but it's incredibly frustrating.

Check the animation for your finisher. Are you sure it's from the top rope? In their terms "Corner Finisher" sometimes means your opponent is down on the mat while you're just standing near one of the turnbuckles.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Got the Hall of Pain DLC and finally beat Randy Orton with Mark Henry. Quite a struggle.

Was it worth it at all? Did you play the Christian one?

I'm contemplating whether to get the season pass now that 2 are out or just wait to buy the Warrior one separately because it has the best roster additions.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Removing Punk from that game would be a challenge, considering he's the star of one of the game's single player stories.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Liar Lyre posted:

Check out the new cards for WWE Immortals.

Roman God Big E owns, that should be his actual gimmick.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they'll probably change some stuff like that on the fly. If a modder can do it in a week on 2k15, they can switch out someone's hair by the time 2k16 ships.

Haha Ambrose and Rollins still have their Shield entrances and attire in 2k15, even though the Shield broke up like 8 months before the game came out.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

If Owens isn't in I'll be real mad

2k15's cutoff seemed to be Wrestlemania, so I imagine he'll be in. If I had to guess, the NXT roster will be:

Balor
Owens
Itami
Zayn
Breeze
Sasha
Charlotte
Neville (wouldn't be surprised if he has outdated attire and entrance)

So your letdown exclusions would probably be Becky and the Dubsteppers.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The actual gameplay in 2k15 is better. The creative suite took a huge hit and the single player stories suck compared to 13s and 14s.

It's worth about $20 if you like wrestling games, but now 2k16 is coming out in 16 weeks.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just realized that it the Stone Cold-focused story mode for 2k16 is legit, it likely won't have Owen Hart in it. That sucks, Austin vs. The Hart Foundation was an amazing feud.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Endless Mike posted:

I hope it starts in WCW and you get to be Hollywood Blond Steve Austin.

That would own. Knowing WWE, it will start with Austin winning the title at Mania XIV and then launch straight in to Stone Cold/McMahon.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Fire Pro Returns is my favorite wrestle-game of all time, if solely for how many matches end with shin kicks.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2k is really pushing the "largest roster in WWE game history" line. I hope that's legit and not including the 12 versions of Stone Cold that will be in the story mode.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The fact that the singled out "120 unique models" instead of like "120 superstars and divas" is really weird, like I bet the CAW body types or non-playable managers are included in that number.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Still using the weird "unique models" phrasing, but 2k is saying all 120 models are shipping on disc, not DLC:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also for what it's worth they mentioned offhand on Total Divas that Jim Neidhart is in 2k16.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Great White Hope posted:

News: The non-wrestler for WWE 2k16 has been leaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qek2AIfV34

Views: Ahahah this owns

This loving rules, it's so dumb that it loops back around to being great.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
He doesn't drink. This is really obvious on Total Divas, where everyone is drinking huge glasses of red wine and DB is sipping a water bottle.

If I recall correctly he also didn't take painkillers until very recently.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Phenix Rising posted:

It's weird that this thing is so up to date that Balor is listed as the NXT Champion, but somehow Ambrose is listed as the US Champion.

It's listing title reigns. When it highlights Daniel Bryan it lists the dates he won the world titles, same for Paige / Divas Title and Ambrose / US Title. Balor just happens to be reigning currently.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Also yeah that screenshot kind of looks like poo poo, but that isn't an angle or closeup they would ever show in gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I hope there aren't any restrictions on editing the Terminator's attire, because if not someone will make Pumping Iron Arnold, Conan the Barbarian, and Turbo-Man within like a day of the game's release.