Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

So we might be seeing more from managers in this game. At the very least, Heyman's done mocap.

Finally, the :allears: animation will be in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

oatgan posted:

why buy DLC for a wrestling game when you can just download CAWs of everybody

You can't get the signature/finisher moves with a CAW download.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Do rivalries still completely override rankings and #1 contender's matches in favor of having 10 singles matches between the champ and the guy who the RNG rolled to be their rival?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

"Why, belt? You were supposed to be my friend! :qq:"

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

In terms of gameplay, one thing I do really like is that they really nailed the matches where you play as a cruiserweight against a hoss. Titus and Big E shrug off hard and running strikes and they just toss you if you try to grapple or start the chain wrestling minigame, so you've got to wear them down with weak strikes and rely on your speed to avoid them (Big E hits ridiculously hard) before they open up to offense. It's fun.

So does this just make the gameplay even more imbalanced in favor of (super)heavyweights than before, or are there actual tradeoffs?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Genericide posted:

Hmm, doesn't look like it's available in Europe. Annoying.

Making a different region account on a PS3 is trivial.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I saw a stream of the game yesterday. What the gently caress is even the difference between Sheamus'11 and current Sheamus? I can't think of anything that has changed.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

projecthalaxy posted:

Can you inject animes yet? If not no deal

there's a folder named anime in the game files :anime:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah, I had it on in 2k14 and nothing loving happened ever.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Muddy Burphy posted:

I hope they have regular Finn Balor along with the demon.

With any competence at all alternate attires would take care of this easily so it's a 50/50 whether it's not in the game at all or is a useless duplicate character

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

You could just transfer any old mp3s to PS3 via an USB stick and assign them as entrance music. Why the new generation has taken it out is beyond me.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Button mashing is the worst garbage and no one should encourage developers to put more of it into games

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor);

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

super macho dude posted:

:laffo: Not able to control title matches in Universe mode confirmed :v:

Title matches still happen, right? I can't believe I actually have to ask this, but it's this series.

If the behavior sliders for AI actually work I might go for this game. If I can have a YTR CAW that is a total cowardly fucker who tries to end the match with roll-ups ASAP that would be fantastic.

Anyone know if injuries, turns and all that cool stuff can happen without rivalries? Rivalries loving suck, I don't want to have two guys trading meaningless wins for a month minimum.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

They performed the run-in during entrances against Bikertaker and it is the greatest thing in the history of these videogames

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Anyone played around with Universe yet? I'm curious if cutscenes, status effects, injuries, turns and stable formations/breakups are available with the repetitive, rankings-ignoring rivalry booking turned off.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you have Spotify, you could stream music during the entrances though, right? It'd be pretty clunky I imagine, however.

Yeah that's pretty much a nonstarter.

*Nakamura runs in*

*fumbles for 30 seconds trying to launch his sound cue*

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It surprises me that you guys actually sit through the entrances.

Even if you don't there's run ins and victories.

e: and the royal rumble

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 28, 2015

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah if you try to jump the rankings you face an AI with unlimited reversals and boosted stats, no joke.

Slater Mode

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

The good things about CAF were mitigated by the fact they were shittier at pinning than a normal grapple. :rip: Tokyo Pimps.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

MinibarMatchman posted:

how much can you edit the regular roster in this game? everything from attributes and moves to appearance and entrance and poo poo? Can you even change names?

Aside from name changes anything goes. Though now I want name changes for gimmicks like BIG J CENA

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I don't believe you can change moves.

You've always been able to in these games for as long as I can remember. Hell, the moves pack advertising even tells you which wrestlers the moves go with.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

The Sliding D is in the game! ...and can't be set as a signature/finisher. :negative:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

On 2k16 talk: I just saw Rollins do a pop-up Pedigree. WHY IS THAT A THING?

It's the most tryhard HHH thing possible and I don't even know if he was involved with it

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

pretty sure the market for a WWE Audio Guy game where you try to time the correct entrance music to run-ins is nonexistent

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Lady Naga posted:

You must suffer from some horribly crippling arthritis to not be able to press a button during a runin.

You're just being a pedant now but surely you can recognize the difference between "oh poo poo it's the rainmaker theme " and "oh it's okada, lemme tab out and put his music on"

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

It's unworkable garbage on PS4 too though. I seriously have no idea why they would remove CAW listing by name.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

So I can just basically be Vince in this game and let the booker do the boring work and just chime in to PUSH YAMATO DAMNIT or whatever? Might get this if so.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

ChrisBTY posted:

The backstage stuff is a goddamn nightmare.
In the course of one month, Shawn Micheals turned THIRTY TWO PEOPLE against Bret Hart in my locker room.

:perfect::vince:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

I picked up 2K16 again and wow the Community Creations are absolutely hosed. You can try searching for something but you will never ever get what you want.

2K16 CC is a travesty. How up your own stupidity do you have to be to remove a feature like searching by name

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

When I briefly played in December on PS4 namesearching did not exist, you had to use the hashtags and hope people had tagged something relevant and then wade through 500 babby's first CAWs labeled NJPW.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Aye Doc posted:

yeah I don't think there is some point where the crowd will reject a champion for being stale or anything. i'm currently 3 years into a reign of terror in my save and folks still show up to see Dave Meltzer headline TNA PPVs and raise the belt at the end of the night.

I know I would :vince:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

If the PC version gets a mod that allows you to inject custom music I will be all over this.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXbsgDNlLaQ

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Takuan posted:

A Japanese web article announced the next two Fire Pro DLCs, releasing in "autumn" will be Fire Promoter(at 2,160 Yen) and a Junior Heavyweight story mode(at 1,600 yen), with a third unannounced DLC at some point in the future. The Jr Heavyweight DLC will come with 2 Junior stars(Ospreay and Dragon Lee), 1 Junior Tag Team(SHO & YOH), 3 semi-retired guys(Liger, Tiger Mask, and Rocky) and 2 heavyweights (Yujiro & Trent).

Buying for Big Yuj

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gaz-L posted:

I just lost to Okada's dumb cobra clutch. Incredibly unrealistic 0/10.

This just means you're actually Chase Owens.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

nL tried doing a tag team match. You'd think team 1 would face team 2 but actually the first wrestler from team 1 and from team 2 fight the second wrestler from each team.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

IME there's a 100% certainty "comprehensive" modders push the stats of their favorites to godhood and everyone they haven't personally watched the fed of is worthless wasteman so you'll probably have to do a fair chunk of altering yourself to be satisfied. If there's somehow a mod that avoids this I'd like to hear about it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

NJPW put out an incredibly bizarre promo video for their upcoming gacha game that consists of Taichi calling it dogshit for 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGwAkESXkqk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

No Community Creations like mode.

:rip: