Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I'm starting to feel bad for the people who didn't get the memo about maxxing before combining. My maxxed pro SR Andre just crushed another maxxed pro SR Andre that had over 100 fewer points in every stat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I beat a 120-60 UR who had two $25 epics with:

30 UR Rey
30 UR Kane
30 Pro SR Andre
1 R Hennig
25 Pro R Eva Marie

And I have no reason to play at a higher tier. Rack up wins, switch Henning for Pro SR Del Rio, and take my UR+ picks.

I'd be hording picks until I have another dupe SR or UR available, if it wasn't for the chicken-egg problem there.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

cams posted:

Oh, also, a tip for people who may not have found this out yet. If you feed a high level (training-wise) card to another, it will actually give a SHITTON of XP, relative to how fed the food card was. So you can feed your old, maxed out cards to your newer cards to get a huge boost on XP. This also means that if you are out of actual useful cards to train, it's not a bad idea to just train another card in the meantime to use as food later.

I don't know how much XP you're actually losing here, but for example, I fed my Max Pro Rare Natalya to my UR Edge last night and it bumped him from level 1 to level 27 (I think. It may have been my Max Pro SR Vince that got him to 27.)

The 2K forums say you get around 80% back, so using rares as XP storage doesn't come with much of a penalty. (PAD, by contrast, gives you about 5% back when you feed off something high level.)

I didn't see anything definite, but it seems like a pro of any given level is only slightly more effective than a non-pro - so you're better off not combining and using the two non-pros instead.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Good god Andre is common - I just had a match against a guy with 3 Pro SR Andres.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I can still hoard picks on Android.

And I came on to ask how many picks I can hoard: I don't have anything worth leveling, and I'd rather hoard picks to be able to pull up 5 stamina refills on demand for KOTR (and get a set of dupes) than draw normally in the hopes of getting something good ANOTHER loving TOUGHNESS BOOST.

e: Common SRs talk: I also have Pro SR Andre and ADR. (Plus two SR Edges that I haven't leveled yet, but they came from KOTR.) I see a lot of SR Big Shows, but for some reason not a lot of Pro SR Big Shows.

Sono fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 15, 2014

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

What are people's feelings on what counts as trash? Now that I have the SR Cenas, I can field 4 Pro SRs (after some leveling). Time to start feeding off any SR with less potential than my weakest pro SR? Del Rio, by the looks of:

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, on the 2K forums they started working on a spreadsheet for the card stats at max level (pro cards listed are if you max the non-pros before combining). I copied it over to my own for better formatting because they were sorting it by name instead of stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eniVv8lTf4fUmA5pawq28jacc3qeojI99gi9_jEnUHg/edit#gid=751055890

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I need one. How much? Take my money.

And it didn't come out in our match.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Congrats to 2K for creating the first pay-to-lose game. In the past hour, I've seen 6 $75 trash teams on UR++.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Woohoo. Drew a second UR Rey, maxxed him and combined, which put me into Epic, pulled Epic Bryan, then got a second SR Eva Marie a few cards later. I need so much experience.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Telex posted:

I guess there's no p2w component for this thing so maybe that won't happen.

$0.10 per match for double points can rack up when it's less than a minute per match.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I went from 4,000 to 6,500 last night, after going 9,000 to 16,000 the night before. I'm aiming for the double epics.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

2,179 and calculating results. Give me double Brock.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Sono posted:

2,179 and calculating results. Give me double Brock.

Ended up at 2,187, so no huge aftershocks.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

DoctorDelaware posted:

Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff vs. the Killer Bees.

I kinda like this for adding new people into the game.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Why cookie Rocket posted:

You can also buy more cards to feed to the other cards. Basically, people are stupid as gently caress.

I just made legendary and ran into a guy with 200 wins and three pro epics that he obviously hadn't levelled before combining. Plus another epic. Plus whatever his fifth card was.

That's $175 minimum. Another $25 if the unplayed card was a purchased epic. Plus more $25s if he didn't manage to get three sets of dupes on 7 or 8 draws.

EAT
SLEEP
TWEET
DELETE

Sono fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 26, 2014

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I had to stack all my best cards into my deck, including the back-ups, just to get into Epic KotR... and I'm actually in third. I've been refilling stamina thrice per day through exhibition, and I should be able to beat #6 and #2 to get double epics.

Kudos to the guy at #1. He doesn't have an unfairly stacked team (2xUR pro tag, epic pro, UR pro, epic diva, and SR supports, which is about what I've got in the front line), but he seems to be refreshing his stamina often - he's 42-1.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This game is a lot better than others of its type. It can be played for 30 seconds or 10 hours, the gap between people that pay and people that play for free is minimal, it's juuust complex enough that you can't simply jab at the screen for an entire match, etc. But the "diva gap" is just intensely annoying. You can't even reliably throw money at the problem.

Agreed. SR Pro Paige is getting annoying. She's a tie at best since everyone has one. My best case scenario is someone beats me by using their support. I was thinking about grinding UR KoTR for a 2xUR diva, but no other URs help me. My plan now that I can run at Epic is either (a) get a 2xEpic Diva from Epic KoTR or (b) get enough 2xEpics to put me up to legendary, then just job until I get an Epic diva as a consolation prize.

Sono fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 30, 2014

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

I am totally gonna try for a PCC Jericho. I could use a better left triangle than my Epic HHH.

I'm going to settle for the 2xUR Diva. I can't invest the time to get the Legendaries, and I'm not having much difficulty getting 2xEpics from KoTR.

If they had a Divas PCC, I'd be playing it for 48 hours straight and throwing dimes at title belts to get something better than Pro SR Paige.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Anyone know what determines max stamina in KoTR? An unleveled common Harper has 87, more than maxxed UR Pro Rey (79) or maxxed SR Pro Paige (78). The best I've got is Epic Pro Brock at 104.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Only thing I can think of with low ranked people like that is that they played the game a while, decided they liked it, then deleted their account to start over with top level cards and attempt a huge unbeaten record.

Just a guess anyway. Otherwise people are dropping hundreds of dollars on a game they barely played, and I'm not sure I can deal with that.

But a lot of them are like 100-80. I just cracked into Legend+, and they're sitting ducks because none of their poo poo is levelled.

KotR chat: I threw all my best cards in, made it to the top of Epic tier, and then grinded enough to get over the hump into Legendary. Free Epic every two days, stockpiling experience on Rares until I luck into a double, and don't need to worry about stamina or even bother to sub my cards. Currently 2-27.

30 seconds per 2 days for an Epic. Or $25.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Finished 4-41 in my Legend KotR for my second Epic Daniel Bryan out of 5 Epic draws.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Telex posted:

Hasn't anyone come up with a solid drop rate?

Rare 1/25 (duh)
Super Rare 1/100
Ultra Rare 1/1000
Epic 1/???
Legendary 1/???

I've got around 6k matches, I've now seen I think 8 UR drops happen for me in exhibition. I would suspect that each + in each bracket doesn't boost things significantly and UR at Epic++ is maybe down to 1/500 at best. The problem is that with so many UR cards in the catalog, the math of getting a 1/500 (or worse) drop to happen again (53 cards) is so lovely that you can't actually rely on it for progression.

At 4.5k matches, I have 3 URs, 0 Epics, and 0 Legends, not counting the freebies. Maybe 2 dozen SRs or so; I pro them at lvl 0 and feed away once they're in the collection.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

How does someone have 14,000 points? Even if he's buying a title belt and winning every match, that's still 1,400 matches in 19 hours. And $140.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Mayostard posted:

What's next for the sake of realism, incessant Network ads?

You can disable this feature for only nine ninety-nine.