Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KungFu Grip posted:

That wasn't in HCTP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Astro7x posted:

Did they take out the Create-An-Arena mode from previous games? Most of those are just a new ring apron on an existing set.

Not only that, the only tool that works for injecting new textures into existing rings is a paid program that'll run you, I think fifteen dollars? (It was eighteen CAD). Honestly there's a lot you can do with 2K15 with a little modding knowledge and some time but I'm never going to pretend that it's not heavily limited.

There's also some really inexplicable decisions, like for some reason the texture used for the announce table during character intros is a separate file from the one used in-game.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 13, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
What if the non-wrestler 2k16 character is Ryu in a cross-promotion :aaaaa:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
To Benoit is to kill your family, to get Benoit'd is to have your parent company scrub all trace of your from their records.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

All this talk about Hogan reminds me, his classic entrance in 2K14 doesn't end with him tearing off his shirt. Like, the most memorable thing about his entrance other than "Real American", and 2K can't be bothered

They had to wait until 2k15 on next gen consoles to truly give the shirt ripping physics justice.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Only if he saves Sting.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

minoru suzuki posted:

is 2k16 announced for pc

No. These days PC versions of games budgeted for consoles only come out once all the DLC is released so they can act like they're giving you a deal.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Davros1 posted:

Maybe next year we'll get William Shatner as Capt. Kirk as a preorder bonus?

Only if Trips shows up to WM 33 in a yellow shirt.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Blast Fantasto posted:

I hope there aren't any restrictions on editing the Terminator's attire, because if not someone will make Pumping Iron Arnold, Conan the Barbarian, and Turbo-Man within like a day of the game's release.

They're probably not going to do it because I'm sure they'd have to re-rate the game M but what would make this even more amazing is if they have "realistic battle damage!" where instead of blading, Arnold's skin peels off to reveal the robot underneath.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MinibarMatchman posted:

new ign article on wwe2k16 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed

"chain grappling is back" was all it took for me to surmise this will just be another piece of poo poo. gently caress the grappling minigame, what was so awful about 2k14's easy system that we needed this poo poo.

As long as you can still turn it off still I don't see much reason to care tbqh.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

PFD! THE WHOLE F'N BLOR!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Basic Chunnel posted:

What little they've shown of 2K16 looks alright, and the new mechanics SOUND good but they always do in previews. The real kicker is going to be the robustness of the creation suite - we'll be able to make arenas again and presumably our own shows, but if the limits on decals and the like from last-gen 2k15 persist it won't matter a whole lot. And then we've got 120 wrestlers with no word on how many CAW slots there are, or whether custom attires for existing wrestlers still occupy them (with 120 variants I wouldn't be surprised if that feature got dropped, really). Consoles had 25 slots in 2k15 and PC had 20. I'd hope for at least 40, enough to fill a secondary roster. But who knows.

2k15 gameplay was fine, I didn't miss the arcade pacing of the Yuke's games of old and I'm glad that THQ is pushing a more "simulationist" bent in the design. If they smooth out the bug where wrestler faces glitch out / cave in like bent tin foil, all will be forgiven. That poo poo was viscerally unnerving.

PC had 25 to start, then once the DLC patch hit it upped to 50.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You're seriously kind of dumb if you thought that was a legitimate roster considering how awful those icons are. Like half of them are just random publicity photos.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Astro7x posted:

There has to be a way to make a character selection screen that doesn't mix in the current roster with the alumni, yet still adds the DLC into the proper menu instead of this weird scrolling submenu.

This loving company is so horrible

That's a pretty legitimate UI challenge though; what other game has 120 characters that are all shoved onto the same screen? The closest you could do is a MOBA-style scrolling menu with a searchbar, but that seems awkward on a console game.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I Before E posted:

Tabs you switch between with the shoulder bumpers?

Bumpers and triggers are already taken. D-Pad would be the only real option, or pushing the sticks in.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You're not choosing characters in the middle of a match.

Or are you...

No I mean they're taken on character select. Triggers are for momentum and R1 is for intros on or off.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I still think we should go with the MOBA thing and have characters sorted by grappler/technician/garbage wrestler/etc.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Little Mac posted:

I got WWE 2K15 on Steam and I've been playing it for the past day. The creative options suck but I actually think the matches are kinda fun. Is that weird?

Also is there a site with mod resources?

http://smacktalks.org/forums/forum/252-pc/

http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?606-WWE-2K15-%28PC%29-Mods-Discussion

There are probably others, but those are the two I use.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Was the Wii version of 2k13 the only 2k- game that had just wrestler themes? Honestly I always preferred that since it hilariously dated the games; I liked going back, hearing "NO WAY AAAUAUUUUGUHHHH" and chuckling at the memory of David Otunga being around.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

The mechanic to break out of a pin in the 2k series is keeping me from buying this. goddamnit just bring back button mashing.

I too love ruining my hands playing video games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Holy poo poo, they kept releasing the WWE games on Wii up until WWE 13? I thought they stopped after the first couple years and the motion controls were of course terrible. I feel like I need to own this.

You can use classic/gamecube controllers with them so it's just like playing a graphically inferior version of the PS360 games :shrug:

do you mash buttons by banging your controller against a table?

Repeatedly pressing buttons fast, especially at the frequency you'd need to to escape pins, tends to hurt your hands. I didn't think this is something that would need explaining but here we are.

Chris James 2 posted:

It's like how the PS2 kept getting soccer games until...2010 or '11 I think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_14

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I will admit I somehow thought controllers when you said hands. I'm a big enough man to say I'm a dumbass.

With the Xbox One Kinect gaming system, your hands are the controllers.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

I also feel like if they include these other songs we should be allowed to use them as wrestler themes for CAWs. Maybe I wanted my guy to come out to This is How We Roll. :colbert:

They didn't do this deliberately because they knew it was the cheapest heat imaginable.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If you cannot kick out of non-finisher pins with reliability there is something seriously wrong with your hand/eye co-ordination.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm disappointed Roman Reigns' chest pouch isn't as puffy as it is irl :smith:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Even during a game? Holy poo poo man, this is what I've wanted from a console for years. Cheers dude.

The first Xbox let you take the game CD out and put in music CDs.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

the gently caress is a music cd

It's like a CD-R but only for music and you can't burn it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

TheJoker138 posted:

The 360 also let you plug in an iphone or stream music from your PC during game play, which was cool. The Spotify thing in PS4 seems to be them finding a way around the fact that for some reason that was taken out of both consoles this generation.

I remember both options were extremely finicky and iirc the 360 would only let you play those weird copyright-encoded MP3s that came from like iTunes or whatever. So naturally instead of fixing those issues they just went with Spotify integration because you can actually make money off of that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

TheJoker138 posted:

You're misremembering the DRM stuff. The 360 would let you play any mp3. I know because I had a ton of ripped CDs and stuff from Amazon and the like without any of the copyright stuff on it and could play them just fine. And I never had any issue once I got it set up with the media server stuff. Didn't have an iPod back then so that might have been totally hosed. The bad part was you couldn't use any of the iPod or streamed tracks as stuff like entrance music in the WWE games from that era, though. It was cool for driving around in GTA and whatever, though.

Maybe it didn't play DRM stuff and that's why I was upset? All I know is that it wasn't playing my drat music and I was upset but this was seven or eight years ago and my xbox got stolen so I can't say for certainty.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lodin posted:

Well this is certainly a thing that someone made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1ymZE4Dqw

Calling something crudely thrown together in a visual novel maker "made" is a little generous.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

is code for Adobe Flash.

Nah there are tons of generic visual novel programs out there and that's definitely one of them, literally none of those assets besides MSPaint John Cena are original.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

Please tell me this is an elaborate joke.

What?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Skunkrocker posted:

I was kidding, it's just a really horrible thing to hear that not only is there an RPG Maker for visual novels that the spergs who use it are also just as loving lazy and release games that are literally the stock assets and some custom things that weren't well made.

When Hatoful Boyfriend became an internet sensation everybody wanted to try their hand at making joke visual novels, so now there's a million loving games made with generic assets and half-remembered anime tropes but ha ha it's ironic so we're all in on the joke!!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
People talk about this like it's some hilarious realization, when pretty much any yearly franchise does the exact same thing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Good to finally have confirmation that Big Show's favourite game is Blast Corps.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Maxwell Lord posted:

More importantly why isn't Show's Truck the one he had at Halloween Havoc 1995.

Because that was The Giant, not Big Show :colbert:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

seems 2k fixed the lovely kickout mechanism by switching it from a bar to a circle WHOA :vince:

Ah yes, lovely systems like "use proper timing and reflex to escape" as opposed to the much better system of "loving MASH AS HARD AS YOU CAN EVERY TIME BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY INDICATION IF YOURE DOING IT WELL ENOUGH"

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Not that the button mashing is superior but the kickout system is kinda hard to catch on at first.

Granted it didn't help that 2k14 is poo poo at introducing you to its mechanics. You can go to a tutorial via the pause menu but they really should have had you learn the basics right off. (Can't speak for 2k15.)

It's a bar that fills up as you hold a button, with a big red "STOP HERE" zone. The only way that can at all be hard to catch on at first is if you've literally never played a videogame before, or gone to a county fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You know what? I loving hate button mashing in all its incarnations to an unhealthy degree but I'd be totally fine if you had the bar or something like it for kicking out of regular pins and the mash segment was relegated only to kicking out of pins after the other guy hits his finisher.

Tato posted:

It's easy to catch on to. It still sucks and is no fun.
Neither is button mashing, what's your point?