Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The lights come on...and Bray is still in the ring.

I'm dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Pretty sure Rusev was in the trailer that was just released.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I'm excited that they're trying to go for having good matches instead of just winning, but I really hope it's not a situation where I have to shuffle around waiting for the AI to start doing moves on me.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

WWE Games Twitter posted:

#WWE2K15 Fact: None of the DLC is on disc with the exception of Sting (Pre-order), Hogan (Hulkamania Edition), Accelerator and Season Pass.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to having to download several gigs of DLC, but apparently people still care whether it's on the disk or not. :shrug:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

IGN review for 2K15 360/PS4 gives it a 5.9 very stripped down paint job. Said just buy 2k14.

drat, the last gen version must be really bad if even IGN doesn't try to make it seem better than it is.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I just hope the next-gen creation suite isn't gutted. That's really all I care about. I'll have plenty of enjoyment making dumb CAWs and having them fight each other. Apparently the outlook seems positive, but I'm definitely gonna wait until impressions come out.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Oct 28, 2014

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Well there goes any desire to get 2k15.

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/527948810605977601

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Apparently they're releasing a creation suite video soon, so I guess we'll see then.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Well poo poo. That is pretty interesting.

And it looks like next gen still has at least some of the old entrances. They briefly showed the cell phone entrance.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 3, 2014

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Perigryn posted:

That was the ONLY one they kept apparently!

Wait seriously?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Now I really want to play that Super Fire Pro Wrestling game. That is amazing.

EDIT: Looking up the game it makes total sense that Suda 51 was in charge of it.

Wasn't there another Fire Pro game where you literally killed Antonio Inoki? And I seem to recall No Mercy for N64 having super over the top moves if you had the Game Boy version, or at least it was planned.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

It was bugging me why Roman's heavy combo looked familiar but I realized that the last move is Jack's gun-punch from Tekken.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 24, 2015

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

R. Mika was announced for Street Fighter V!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/27/street-fighter-v-rainbow-mika-enters-the-ring/

She does the Ganso Bomb, Stone Cold Stunner, and has a tag team partner. Her V-Skill is cutting a promo to increase her power. Her Critical Art is a double-team (She Calls That The) Rear View into Air Raid Siren. Thank you, Ono.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

ExMortis posted:

Sure, there was that time Johnny Cage's racist sex tape got out and they took him out of the next game.

Wait, does that make Cassie Cage Brooke? :gonk:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I would expect the Four Horsewomen to be the first wave of DLC.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Cena even gave it a shout out on Twitter!

John Cena posted:

Would've liked to see a "5 moves of doom attack" in there, but this made me laugh. @crazy_boris #LeagueOfLegends http://youtu.be/ui9egS_0PQ8

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

dsriggs posted:

yukes.gif

Loved how the video let it loop like 3 times before they moved on.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So for the facial scanning, can you use any jpg or whatever? Or do you need to use the Kinect/Playstation camera?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Bah a bunch of MK names yet they can't be bothered to add cage to the last name list. Well hello Johnny Dondelinger.

That seems like a big oversight considering MK is doing a big crossover with Immortals currently. In any case, impressions seem to be good, so I may just have to treat myself to the game. CAW creation looks like a lot of fun this year.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

CAW creators are already doing good things.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Creation suite seems really detailed, which is awesome, but I run into the trouble of easily making really horrible looking faces. I've been having no luck with the facial capture option, but I'm thinking maybe if I create a close looking face first and then add the capture layer, it would be easier to work with.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

DON'T YOU DARE BE SOUR, JUST FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS, AND FEEL THE POWAAAHHH!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

It sucks that playing entrance music in the menus only plays like the first 15 seconds.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has the grappling changed much since 2k14?

They got rid of the head/arm/waistlock positions for light grapples, and there are more positional moves (opponent sitting up and kneeling). It does feel like it flows better.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

Still no storyline mode? We're never going to see a VGCW renaissance at this rate.

I feel like they're partially referring to that when they say "components we know you're going to ask about." Now whether it's implemented is a whole other deal.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I haven't played any of the previous Fire Pros, so what's promotion mode like?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Thank you for the info on Promotion Mode! This sounds right up my alley.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ibushi's sitout powerbomb is already in the game, though? I dunno if they misspoke or something.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

1-5 on the keyboard allows you to switch between the first 5 camera presets on the fly. (It took me a while to find that out)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

It's tough downloading CAWs from the workshop for me since mine are built around my personal preferences for AI rather than effectiveness. My CAWs end up losing a lot so I have to modify whatever I download. At this point I've basically gone "gently caress it" and just use CAWs I've made myself. I should update my uploads but most of them use the custom moves mod so I don't think I even can.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 2, 2018

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

My CAW stats tend to be pretty standardized (with adjustments to fit the wrestler's style) and I tend to avoid the special attributes besides Finisher. I try to keep things fairly even between everyone and let the results ride out VGCW style. I'm not one for trying to set a winner up or try to get a specific kind of match/finish (exception would be that I have the Rest Holds mod enabled to avoid random sub finishes). Sometimes matches are kinda meh, but other times you get some great organic moments or hilarious finishes like when I got a double count-out because the wrestlers hit signatures on each other on the outside and didn't get back in time. Vince would have been proud.

EDIT: Might as well post the clip!
https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyPoisedRadicchioDxCat

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 6, 2018

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Takuan posted:

One of the things I love about Fire Pro is how well, and how often, it can put together compelling, or at least entertaining, matches and finishes. I especially like it when a edit busts out a move you didn't even know they had. My all-time favorite stupid match ending was a match between Tanahashi and... I think Masahiro Chono? They were brawling on the outside, Tanahashi goes in at 17 and Chono is stunned outside. Tanahashi did a dive to the outside at 19 and the match ended in a double countout.

That's amazing hahaha

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yeeeesh, I feel extremely dirty for using that forum now.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I've considered joining the server, but yeah, it may be for the best to wait until things cool down a bit.

I know stuff like the mod suite was hosted off site, but a bunch of guides and tutorials were also posted on the forum itself. Would really suck if those are permanently lost.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So it looks like the Fire Pro community is now set up here: http://www.criticalclub.com/

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Gonna do a chill stream of some Fire Pro Wrestling World at 4:30 PM EST. Running some AI matches online for fun and possibly some other stuff? You'll be able to check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/punkboy412

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So what is the "Collar-and-Elbow Lockup" mod? I can't seem to find any info on what it actually does.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Oh wow, yeah, this really makes my matches look a lot smoother. Awesome stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Nah, that jaw breaker move just doesn't knock the opponent down, so they're left standing and stunned.

The Logic of Victor's Lariat chaining is:

Basically both opening moves* have a 50% chance to cause Victor to do his "arm appeal" taunt. The Arm Appeal Taunt will always trigger a running lariat attack. Every time Victor does a Running Lariat, he'll probably follow it by doing another one, if he doesn't he might do the arm appeal taunt again (causing a followup lariat attack), if he doesn't do that, he'll instead use a running body splash pin.

Basic result is, he runs around and smashes his bronze biceps into the opponent a bunch, showboats, and maybe gets around to pinning before the enemy finally manages to dodge out of the way.
* He also has a chance of doing the running lariat while the opponent is dazed at critical health, which starts the chain in a less flashy way

Another of my edits also has a similar branching priority chain:

The Shoutei Rush Combo is another attack that doesn't knock down the enemy, only leaving them stunned and standing. When the wrestler uses it, IF the stunned opponent is close enough to a turnbuckle, he'll climb it and use his missile kick on the guy and then pin. If the stunned opponent is too far away from a turnbuckle, he'll just do his bow and then use his running high-angle Huracanrana.

Travis' jawbreaker>Flying Rollup is similar, but more simplistic:

That's some good poo poo. Never considered setting the same move to trigger different followups depending on the positioning.

Currently I'm trying to get more double team moves (specifically set ups like the Doomsday Device position/holding the opponent up for their partner and corner grapple double team moves) but I'm having no luck getting them to trigger even with Cooperation being set between 90-100.

I'm also constantly getting wrestlers running into each other during Irish Whip moves. It's funny to watch at first but it gets old fast.