Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Maybe it's because i haven't played a wrestling game in ages, but i'm really enjoying 2K15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

My career CAW is called "Chet Averageson" and he has all of the default appearance settings expect for his hair and i gave him the most average-guy looking hair possible.

The career is still fun though. I'm able to beat the gently caress out of all the NXT guys they throw at me except for Bo Dallas who is currently a god-like gatekeeper.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Finished the career mode in 2k15 last night. Took around 12 hours and i'm not even sure why i bothered. It becomes a case of your superpowered 100-rating CAW steamrolling the same 5 guys in singles matches that last about a minute until the game decides to let you wrestle for the WWE title and then you have another 4 matches culminating in a retirement match in the future against some lovely CAW.

Then i checked the unlockables list and apparently i somehow managed to miss a bunch of stuff. No loving way am i starting a new career to get it all.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

HonorableTB posted:

I bought WWE 2K15 last night, plus all of the DLC. I don't get why people think it's such a bad game? The controls are a little clunky and sometimes it's hard to do reversals, and I wish the movesets were expanded more (though this may be because I started a new character and then jumped into the career mode) but overall I think it's got some fun concepts in it. I like how being a face/heel is determined by how you play, and I'm looking forward to playing with the WCW guys. Diamond Dallas Page is the father of one of my close friends, so I've gotten to hang out with him and growing up watching him hit Diamond Cutters on people and then being able to do the same thing in a game 15 years later is pretty boss.

I liked it a lot at first but good very bored rather quickly and haven't touched it in ages.

Not even sure why to be honest but it just got tedious for some reason. The career mode is awful as are some parts of the Showcases. The engine and whatnot is excellent so i'll be interested in next years installment.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Feb 7, 2015

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

One of my CAWs was a guy with all default settings called: CHET THE MAN

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DLC Inc posted:

Suda51 is extremely good and I'm excited to see his No More Heroes Wrestler Game for Switch. I hope they let him do the ultimate homage and have an ending where Travis commits seppuku.

I don't really like Suda but Travis Touchdown is the greatest name for a main character in any videogame ever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

How can they still not do even half decent hair?

It literally looks like two sheets of paper stapled to the side of every guys head and just flaps around wildly for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Okada's entrance music paying in the background when you fight him in Y6 is great.