Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
Well I never expected wrestling to reference Dylan Thomas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
It's probably some kind of rights thing. I know in some games they don't have some themes for like Booker T or the Hardys. I can't be the only one who turns entrances off within an hour of playing, though, can I?

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

If I'm playing as a Euro fed in TEW and there's no territory spillover when I go up in popularity/importance, does that mean if I want to increase my presence in another territory the only way I can actually do it is to drop several hundred dollars on talent to wrestle in some dude's basement?

Either that or get a tv or ppv deal that includes a region you're trying to break into.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I made a request to join the Goon World Order. I don't post very much, but it's a fun game.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I love reading all the stuff going on in everyone's TEW-verses so please keep posting them

I imported the wcw reborn database in and spent some time digging wcw out of the gutter, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Vader became a great tag team that I eventually let go to the WWF because my roster was getting crowded. By summerslam 2005, Chavo and Vader are in their second reign as tag champs, Chavo is the intercontinental champion and just beat Bryan Danielson in the main event for the vacant WWF world title.

I left WCW to see what the AI would do with them, and they have seen fit to have Kurt Angle drop the world title to Jun Akiyama, who would then lose it to Carlito. Meanwhile The Rock, Ric Flair, William Regal, Steve Austin, CM Punk, Undertaker, Edge, Kane, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels and Triple H all can't seem to get world title matches.

Iskanderson fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 30, 2017

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
You can do okay with a major company by having the auto-booker just spit out the b shows, since they won't book anyone over midcard. Then if you want to throw in a promo or squash match for the upper midcarders or main eventers you can.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Did one of the Smackdown games have blood buildup on the mat? Or was that a fever dream

I think one or both of the acclaim ecw games did that.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I like those quite a bit, and just import the indie guys that sold be there or boost up the stats on the existing guys. It's fun! I eventually want to start a new game from the 1980s onward, although it seems there's no easy way to get promotions to not do the monthly ppv schedule unless they're touring, or to not follow the modern-day wwe format of having your main eventers wrestle on every free tv show.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I wish TNM was still around. I would have more fun with TEW if I could see the matches play out, without necessarily knowing who is going to win if I don't want to pick a winner. Basically I want to play as an in-kayfabe gm and not a booker/business person. Like the MMA game Grey Dog puts out but for wrestling would be okay.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

I assume it's possible for a worker to die from a particular bad botch in a particularly dangerous match?

I don't think so. I think the worst you'll get is someone retiring if their hp for their body parts drop below a certain percentage. Wrestlers tend to die either randomly or due to age/lifestyle.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I scooped up Kurt Angle after he had a sex tape scandal.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
The auto show maker is a godsend. Just turn off show times, let it make a show for you, and manually use anybody it misses, and boom done.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

coconono posted:

Unless you could hide all the wonk work behind an AI interaction thing. You do the legwork of talking and wrangling people to show up(like a dating sim), the AI presents you with a card and finishes, you make the final touches and viola, wrasslin.

You can have the AI autobook your shows for you. I do this all the time and then just tweak or add to what it spits out.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Here's an odd question for the wrestling game thread... My 5 year old daughter has had an interest in fighting games, and we played WWF No Mercy on N64 the other day and she kind of got into it. Unfortunately, the game is really dated and she only wants to play as the girl wrestlers, and I only have the 1 N64 controller that works these days.

I was thinking of what other retro wrestling games we have that would be easy for her to get into, because it could be fun doing a tag team with her and beating the computer on easy. I am not a fan of the new WWE 2K games where you need to time the kick out, because even I get pinned instantly with that poo poo.

Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube seemed like a winner with graphics that are not horrible and at least 4 women that she can pick and mix in with the guys. And the controls seemed straight forward. I cannot remember if WrestleMania X8 was any better though, but it has a bigger Women's roster. But it's an older game I think.

I also have WWE 13 and WWE 2K16, but I can't remember which one of those doesn't have the pin kickout mini game which I hate.

I basically have a Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, and PS4 with enough controllers to play a game with her.

Is she okay with one on one fights? The newer ufc games have a robust women's roster that might be of interest to her.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
This video package is actually pretty hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
It's really genuinely impressive that the mdickie engine supports 17+ wrestlers being in the ring at once and that the cpu logic doesn't just completely break down or the game come grinding to a halt.

It obviously looks ridiculous, but it's still impressive.