Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Wow, that's even less impressive than I expected. I understand they had/have a lot of engine work to do, and resources are probably tight, but after the last couple of years it's quite a step down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I'm 20-0 in this stupid WWE card game and I can't stop playing. At this point I think I'd like the paywall to hit to force me to.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Few pages back someone wondered how a user got to 200-0; you can disconnect the game after two losses and it won't record your loss.

Anyways I had to delete this poo poo because it was eating up my life and spun me into an existential crisis.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Reading dozens of mind-numbingly boring pages of this thread dedicated to this spreadsheet min/max numbers bullshit makes me thank the heavens I quit playing this non-game a few days into it.

(I waste my time on numerous far worse activities, no hate, just glad I managed to escape this one.)

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
If there's any good left in this world, can we please quit talking about this moronic trading-card skinner box and begin an earnest discussion about MDickie's latest iOS masterpiece, Wrestling Revolution 3D?

Sarcasm aside, I'm fairly certain I'm going to derive more enjoyment from this than the 2K15 abortion when it drops.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
One thing that really irks me, as superficial as it may be, is that the current-gen versions are graphically barely discernable from the Xbox 360/PS3 versions. Obviously the gameplay is nearly identical from previous years, and without much of a graphical upgrade we're left with one possibly interesting addition in My Career. That's it. At the expensive of an ungodly amount of content being removed. It's just such a (seemingly) low-effort release, particularly when you look at how good something like the NBA2K series looks on new hardware. I didn't expect the world, but this is far worse that what I would have thought the bare minimum would be.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

KungFu Grip posted:

Trust me dude, I'm playing 2K15 on the PS3 and the models on next gen look much different. The Bray Wyatt model looks pretty bad on Next Gen though compared to PS3/360. the PS4/Xbone one just looks off.

That's good to hear, because even on the highest resolution videos out right now, it's not impressive in the slightest.

edit: maybe I misread that, you're going by the videos as well? I may just have higher expectations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Yeah I'm speaking strictly of watching these videos that have surfaced of people playing the PS4/Xbox One versions, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two visually. When you're watching full-resolution video of the game and need to double-check the description to make sure that's what you're seeing, it's pretty disappointing. You've got some side-by-side videos out there too which are really groan-inducing.

As deflating as the new UFC was gameplay wise, I'm not seeing the same jump in realism graphically here. Not expecting UFC quality models in a wrestling game, but a comparable jump in quality would be nice.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 16, 2014

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

KungFu Grip posted:

There is video of Xavier Woods on this page from PS4/XBONE. In 2K15 on the PS3 Woods skin is lighter and his gear looks washed out. All the models in 2K15 for PS3/360 look like they are missing textures or something. Playing and watching Bray Wyatt in 2K15 on the PS3 i can tell you he looks better than the PS4 version simply because his face is way too wide on the PS4. Big E's model in 2K15 from the same video posted a few posts up looks miles better than him in the PS3 version. The Arena's look more lively and different. A lot is different between 2K15 on PS3 and 2K15 on Next Gen, trust me.

I guess we just have different standards and expectations. Watch a video like this Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker and tell me that this is a dramatic step-up from the 2K15 I'm playing right now on my 360. Granted, YouTube compression and everything, but there's very little here that impresses me beyond a slight increase in clarity. I'm not saying there isn't a technical difference, but I am saying that it's not impressive in the slightest.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Basic Chunnel posted:

If you were thinking of getting 2k14, get the last-gen versions of 2k15 and download CAWs of all the people who dropped off the roster between years. You come out with a better game.

As someone who didn't get suckered into buying 2k15 at launch, but has 2k14 with a full 100 man roster of neglected wrestlers, does 2k15 have anything even close to a comparable CAW library? For several reasons, I get the feeling that this year is markedly worse in terms of suport. As just noted the creation suite is crippled.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Why are those other scrubs taking up valuable HHH space?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

thatguyclint posted:

The top and the table are anachronistic, which is interesting; the display is clearly 1992 WWF, with Hogan, Flair, Piper, and Sid, but also post-turn Michaels.

The table, on the other hand, from what I can see, features Lex Luger, Tatanka, and the Smoking Gunns, putting it...mid-late 1993?

I found this table in a bar up in Nagano, Japan of all places. I'm pretty into pinball, I have to say that game is fun as hell. I spent my last two nights there drinking beer and putting yen in.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I need some goonchat on this new WWE Champions match-three game that just dropped, so I can min/max this poo poo without buying a $50 "Royal Rumble Value Pack" or whatever.

It's FTP garbage, but at least this time there's actually a half-rear end game attached. The animations and graphics are actually really well done.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
WWE: Champions - Free Puzzle RPG by Scopely
https://appsto.re/jp/PTmP8.i

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I've been playing WWE Champions for months now. It pisses me off way less than Supercars did, which I gave up two years ago. There's still huge problems but overall its a great time waster.

You don't ever really have to put money down, you can get everything you need just playing. Getting a pull for a new guy is steep though (400 cash in game) and you're not guaranteed a new guy (you can pull nine cards of someone you already have).

One you get as far as you can on The Road go into versus mode and just face guys you know you can crush (using class advantages and team up bonuses). There no use having close matches because you lose too much health and gain less rank.

Sandman McMahon posted:

Sorry man, I think I misunderstood your initial post. I just logged into the game and saw the message saying the game has been released worldwide. I've been playing for a couple months now, Canadian btw.

I like the new system they've implemented with the Premium Superstar Chips. Just play enough VS. and you'll get some good stuff eventually. I literally just pulled a 2-star King Barrett, gently caress yeah.

Cool, thanks for the tips. I'm having a surprising amount of fun with it at the moment. Really impressed with the presentation.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

The quality of MDickie’s game aside, that was an amazing trailer. Dare I say one of the best I’ve ever seen.

I’ll give him money again just to feed his insanity. There’s a certain kind of fun to had with his games anyway.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’d have an existential crisis if I could somehow calculate the amount of hours I’ve spent playing them.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
MDickie probably could have done any number (a few) things with his life, but by the grace of god he decided to make wresting games.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I don’t think I want anyone other than MDickie himself to make fake versions of real wrestlers for his games. He’s a true artist when it comes to making hosed-up CAWs.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I almost don’t see why he didn’t just use the real names when he’s got actual pictures of WWE talent on the walls in the game and such. I guess there’s a fine line between getting sued or not.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
That looks so awesome I have to temper my expectations. There must be something that is awful, it’s almost to good to be true.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
This all still sounds better than 2k19.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Yeah it should’ve been free to begin with. Even at zero dollars it’s a questionable use of your time.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
They know it’s the only available offering anyone in their right mind would buy.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Carlin is so funny.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
The best 2k games remain the Attitude Era and Wrestlemania versions. Sick rosters out of the box. Hell even the gameplay was at it’s peak.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Even through the poo poo times, I love the WWE product and feel. I marked out several times today during Summerslam.

But lately, AEW is doing everything so much better it’s not even a comparison. Roster, storylines, in-ring, the whole package.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Is this the thread where I can ask wrestling fans how to fix computer? Got a broken iMac over here.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

STONE COLD 64 posted:

iMac? cant rly help you there.

o'Mac? well shoot son, what you do is hand that stupid sumbitch a beer, wait for him to sip, then BOOT THAT SORRY SAP IN THE GUT, WHAM STUNNER, NOW GIMME A HELL YEAH

Perfect post/av combo right here. Set ‘em up, knock ‘em down.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
That trailer…wow. Maybe at least the rumors are true.

I’ve put in so many hours manipulating characters/rosters in WWE and Fire Pro over the years, only to wind up watching about an hour of matches and losing interest. New Legacy usually bores me but their MDickie rumbles were incredible.

Went in and edited the names everyone in Wrestling Empire the other day, and I’m hooked on setting up ridiculous matches and witnessing the disaster. It’s not just chuckling about the jank, I swear the matches are more entertaining.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Bring back the storyline editor. That was the best feature they’ve ever had. You could even download those made by others, and they came complete with any custom assets used.

Spent a whole weekend making a Jeff Hardy is hosed up but passes every drug test story. I’m the Nostradamus of wrestling.

he was huffing face paint to dodge the tests

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
IMO WWE 2k13/14 were the last big releases worthwhile. Each have pretty good story modes.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

IGgy IGsen posted:

I don't think either WWE 13 or 2k14 had story modes. Unless I'm really misremembering them.
iirc they only had showcases. One of them for the Attitude Era the other for Wrestlemania and they both kinda... uh... yeah, I don't really care for any of these history lessuns. Let me make a CAW and give them a story. Ideally in the vein of Shut Your Mouth or Here Comes the Pain.

Oh for fictional story I’d go all the back to like 2007 when the magic wand turned your character into a woman. Honestly the Monday Night Wars in 2k13 was the best narrative experience I can remember since the GOAT Here Comes the Pain.

Pretty sad that given free reign (arguably) to go hog wild Yuke’s couldn’t come up with anything close to reality since the PS2.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

CarlCX posted:

You actually have been able to do mixed and openweight fights for the last couple UFC games. It makes the physics-based collision real, real goofy, and if you look really closely you can see the character models forcibly changing size slightly when they go into grappling positions to make the animations work. In other words it's perfect.

It will never be perfect unless they put Pride FC mode back in.

You can pry the copy of Undisputed 3 from my cold, dead hands.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

projecthalaxy posted:

This is fact. Doing career mode as a striker and signing over to PRIDE so you can just 12-6 knee and soccer kick your way to victory was so amazing. So was it announcing your style based on what you levelled up

The game had the GOAT announcer Lenne Hardt doing the PRIDE intros. Goddamn that game was so good.

It’s absolutely insane how backwards we’ve gone in the quality of punchsport games. Not even rosy-colored glasses, I play them today and they’re better.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Bad Bunny/Snoop/Logan Paul for $10, this keeps getting better.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Peacemaker Cena.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
How are we realistically going to get good WWE game again? Seems like 2k might lose the license after 2k20v.2 bombs. So like best case EA picks them up? Tweaks the kinda lovely UFC engine?

This is the worst possible timeline for wrestling games.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
What is everyone’s most recent WWE game you really, truly thought was good? Not just acceptable via Community Creations.

I think I’d have to go back to ‘14. I didn’t play ‘19 and ‘20 but there’s no chance in hell they’d make the cut.

edit: oh yeah All-Stars was good fun

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

zetamind2000 posted:

Nothing in WWE2K22 will ever compare to MDickie's open world mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHocYWWtylc

Holy poo poo there's a roaming mode now?!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!