Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I would like to get back into a TEW game or a World of Mixed Martial Arts game. I own TEW 2013 and WMMA3, and I was looking for a real world mod to play around with. The most recent ones seem to be from October though. Are there more up-to-date real world mods out there for these games? (if there's a more updated one for TEW 2010 I wouldn't be against buying it since it's on Steam now).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

March '15 from TheWho. He recently took over from Cpt Charisma so his mod is a still a bit of a work in progress as he tries to fix problems he sees.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95360-tew13-real-world-update-march-2015/

Mar '15 from Fleisch.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530574

Feb '15 from MrCanada. He had been doing them for awhile and then quit and recently restarted. So I'm not sure what the state of his mod is.
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530211

Jan '15 from Cpt Charisma. That's his last before he hung it up, I think.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/95027-tew2013-real-world-update-january-2015/

TheWho was doing TEW 2010 updates monthly but switched to 2013 just recently. So I think his last one was January '15 and there won't be updates.
http://www.ewbattleground.com/topic/90848-a-new-tew10-real-world-update-progress-thread/

And if you look around those two forums you can find other months if you want to go back a little. You can also check http://www.ewwarehouse.info/

Oh sweet, I forgot about EWbattleground. Thanks a lot.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Which version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns has a more easily accessible and up-to-date roster file, the PS2 version or the PSN version?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I have a cheat device and the programs for PS2 saves I think. I was just curious if either community was more up-to-date with the roster files.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a resource for mods? If there's some good ones I might splurge on 2K15 because I'm an idiot.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

I just realized that it the Stone Cold-focused story mode for 2k16 is legit, it likely won't have Owen Hart in it. That sucks, Austin vs. The Hart Foundation was an amazing feud.

On the other hand, if it has Brian Pillman, that'll be cool.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
WWE 2K15 is $25 on GreenManGaming today, and I think you can make it about $20 with a special voucher code they have.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
2K15 is on Steam right now for $16.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

triplexpac posted:

It's Ronda

Gonna armbar everyone :getin:

That would be awesome. I would make her the REAL third Bella.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
From what I've seen of 2K16, I want it, but my options are either waiting for the PC port or dropping $400 on a PS4. I think I'll wait.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Two Beans posted:

WWE2K16 is currently 50% off on steam for the next 47 hours.

Thanks. Now I'm a big idiot who owns WWE 2K16 and has to download it.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I need to stop reading this thread, or else I'm going to want to buy TEW 2016, and that's not something I'm ready to do.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a solid Attitude Era/Monday Night Wars mod for TEW16? I think that'd be fun to play.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a cultivated list of CAWs for Fire Pro World yet or is it just "hey go browse through Steam Workshop for an hour or more"?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Career mode is now tied into an online mode.

This sounds potentially hideous but I'm curious what the details are.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Say what you want about NBA 2K18 (and there is plenty to say) but there is a very good basketball game buried underneath the bullshit. I haven't enjoyed WWE 2K gameplay in ages.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
How far off is TEW 2020? I feel like it's about time for me to sink back into a TEW rabbit hole but 2016 is pretty outdated, and I'm always a bit dissatisfied with the real world mods that are kept up-to-date.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is there a TEW 16 real world mod that doesn't automatically book like geniuses? It's hard for me to explain exactly what my issue is, but the game doesn't account for "booker is a 70+ year old lunatic with brain worms" or "booker is idiot video store owner who overbooks everything all the time" so stuff like modern-day WWE and 2000 WCW are always booked great because the rosters are stacked. Is there a way to set it up so that that doesn't happen?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
TEW 2016 is definitely worth $20 if you're into that kind of game. The only negative with GDS is their insistence on sticking with eLicense. Even an exclusivity to the Epic store would be an upgrade over eLicense. :sigh:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

AEW definitely has that kind of EWR/TEW "Start a Promotion And Just Sign All The Cool Free Agents You Like" feel to it.

a.k.a. The Thing I Always End Up Doing in TEW if I'm not just running seven-hour NJPW shows with 25 dope matches.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That better be a leaked screenshot because it's impossible that 2K would think that it's a good representation of what the game will look like.

The WWE 2K games are awful but they aren't THAT awful in terms of graphics.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm still waiting for TEW to have a "the booker of this company has brainworms so despite a boatload of talent the company's product is really bad sometimes" feature.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

TEW 2020 release date announced on Ryland's dev journal. April 23rd for a beta release, April 30th for the proper release.

Hell yeah. I hate the eLicense BS that Ryland insists on, but I'll tolerate it for TEW.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Gonna have to wait awhile for a properly balanced RL mod (if such a thing can be made), even with industry / economy effects off, AI AEW loses its airtime and goes indie within a year with the April database.

I'm curious if anybody's going to do a legit hardcore sim and make a RL mod with economy effects on and set to straight up F.

I remember in TEW 13 I think it was, the real world mod I had always had WWE crash to Cult and mass-dump people, then ROH/TNA would rise up to Cult and it would be this crazy three-promotion bidding war whenever someone's contract came due.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Testekill posted:

I once had someone suffer a death in the family in a match thanks to a botched move. It's probably because the mods have just a general pool of injuries and didn't specify if an injury was from a match or a random incident.

I had someone suffer stomach cancer in a match, though I don't think it was from a botched move.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Are there a lot of mods for TEW 2020 yet? Was kinda hoping to do a real world mod of some kind.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think my favorite part was them trying to troubleshoot Colt through being able to play Fall Guys on his lovely Japanese controller, and then embarking on a quest to get him to survive the first round.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
"MDickie game on the Switch with good framerate" is an instant-buy for me, even though it'll be better on the PC with modability.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If anyone else is like me and wants to rename all the wrestlers to their actual names, you can plug in a USB keyboard to the Switch dock and it works perfectly to type in the names.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I think my favorite MDickie names from my initial batch of wrestlers were "Money Mark" for Tony Khan and "Comic Connie" for AJ Lee

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
There's no way to deliberately try to cripple/kill someone with a move, right? I assume it's all random.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Has this AI bug been posted on the Grey Dog Software forums? Ryland is on there quite a bit so it'd be relatively easy to make him aware of it and how it potentially ruins the game.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

kdrudy posted:

With Wrestling Empire coming to Steam sometime this year it looks like MDickie was finally able to get Wrestling Revolution 2D released on there as well.

Awesome! I preferred 2D to 3D so I'll grab that for sure.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I wish TEW 2020 didn't have the archaic protection, because if it was on Steam I'd have snapped it up ages ago.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This sounds great, part of my annoyance with wrestling sim games is that there's no way to make the AI book dumb (like if you gave them an accurate WWE roster with Vince in charge, he would always book great shows instead of brainrot nonsense like what actually happened) and that's a good way to deter some of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

TEW has an AI booking skill metric, though I don’t know precisely how it works,
if it just sometimes goes for sub-optimal booking choices or there’s a cruder, blanket score penalty. Assuming the latter, given that’s how it works with other office functions

I should have mentioned that I haven't played TEW since 2017, so if it was added in 2020, I missed it. This sounds cool, I may have to give 2020 a try (weird-rear end DRM be damned).