Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Since we're giving updates on our Universe mode games.

This is the universe I want to live in.

MyCareer mode sounds loving awesome. I really have to get a PS4 sooner than I'd planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I'm somewhat sated by all this HD talk. As much as I'm someone who will always use every possible CAW spot, the possibility of finding some charming Christmas illustrations and then uploading them for Ultramantis Black's tattoos sounds awesome.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Ugh. No arenas and no custom championships really takes the wind out of my sails for this one.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

LvK posted:

I stumbled on this page without context and boy howdy was I ever disappointed to find out that it's a Pachinko game, not a wacky-rear end fighting game starring Antonio Inoki.

Fuckin' pachinko always getting my hopes up :(

That's some badass artwork. Good av material, if nothing else. If I was thinking about changing mine, this would be an immediate contender.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 2, 2015

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Tonight, I'm trying to finish a Fire Pro Returns League play I started ages ago. Big worldwide tag thing, I just threw in a bunch of my favourite teams. Computer matches are simmed in fast motion, cause I put 20 teams in there. I'm playing as the Kings of Wrestling.

Here's the top 10 as of right now. I love that the top 10 has 13 teams in it.

1. Jerishow - 69 pts
2. Akira Tozawa & BxB Hulk - 55 pts
3. Kings of Wrestling - 50 pts
4. Team Hell No - 49 pts
5. Motor City Machine Guns - 44 pts
5. Great Muta & Tajiri - 44 pts
7. Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega - 39 pts
8. Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi - 35 pts
8. World's Greatest Tag Team - 35 pts
10. CM Punk & Colt Cabana - 30 pts
10. Ziggler & Swagger - "
10. Gabriel & Kidd - "
10. The Colony - "

I was in 4th place, but WGTT just beat Team Hell No in loving 48 minutes when Charlie Haas choked out Kane with a crossface chickenwing. Even watching it in fast mode was petty awesome. Jerishow are looking pretty unstoppable.

Teams I was surprised to see in the bottom 20 - The Young Bucks (10 pts), Ambrose & Rollins (25 pts), Generico & Steen (25 pts). Great Sasuke and Jinsei Shinzaki are in last with 9 points.

Goddamn this game still rules.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Final scores. I was just going to put the top ten, but then I saw the 5 way tie for 11th.

1. Jerishow - 94
2. Kings of Wrestling - 75
3. Hell No - 69
4. Tozawa/BxB - 65
5. WGTT - 60
6. Ibushi/Omega - 59
7. Muta/Tajiri - 58
8. Devitt/Taguchi - 50
9. MCMG - 49
10. Ziggler/Swagger - 45
11. Cabana/Punk - 40
11. Gabriel/Kidd
11. The Colony
11. Ambrose/Rollins
11. Wyatt/Harper
16. Generico/Steen 35
17. Sasuke/Shinzaki 29
18. Rhodes Scholars 24
19. Young Bucks 15
20. Prime Time Players 10

Jerishow trounced the competition - totally undefeated. Young Bucks were tied for last with the PTP, but they pulled out a win over Wyatt and Harper at the last minute. I probably need to up the stats on my Bucks if they're doing that poorly.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

NO RESTHOLDS BARRED!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I'm fine with 12 Austins if half of them are Stunning.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

1. WCCW long tights
2. WCW bicycle shorts style
3. WCW Dangerous Alliance, no knee pads
4. WCW Hollywood Blondes
5. WCW "DRAGON SLAYER" trunks
6. ECW Superstar Steve Austin w/ do rag
7. WWF The Ringmaster w/ receding hairline
8. WWF Original Stone Cold (no knee braces, weird sheriff's badge looking logo vest)
9. WWF 'classic' Stone Cold (skull logo vest, one knee brace)
10. WWF 'classic' w/ both knee braces
11. WWF 2001 Heel red or gold trim
12. Jean shorts and Austin 3:16 shirt

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 23, 2015

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Upgraded to TEW 2010. Playing 1994 WWF. Johnny Polo died within 24 hours of me making him Kwang's manager. Terrific.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

That owns. This is the reason I always get addicted to TEW but can't stick with any of the more action oriented games. I just want to see insane things happen to wrestlers.

It's 1990 and Hulk Hogan has lost the WWF World Title to JUNKYARD DOG. Sure why not. Jimmy Snuka is the first ever WCW World Champion and he's feuding with One Man Gang in the main events? This seems like some serious competition for Vince. I love it maggle

Hahaha, I can't wait to see what insane poo poo WCW cooks up, I'm just a couple of shows into this mod.

Had Undertaker v Underfaker in my storylines when I started. Evolved it into a story where Taker abducts Faker and turns him into a weapon to destroy DiBiase's group. Now what gimmick to give the new face Brian Lee character that's coming out the end?

:getin:

Name suggestions?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

You're discounting how adorable Brian Lee is going to look.

Porkchop Cash is the best wrestler name I've ever heard, holy gently caress.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Holy poo poo, I might be able to get Paul Ellering to play Paul Bear.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Out of curiosity, does anyone else's PSN version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns have weird graphical errors during the loading screen and during matches, which sometimes leads to the game freezing/crashing? Like the graphics bug out and something stretches across the screen real quick.

Every time I save the little disc icon glitches out like crazy, but that's it on my end. I've never had stretches or any real problems with freezing/crashing.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Nice. I've got a Jim Cornette vs Bobby Heenan feud (fought through VADER and Ted Dibiase) as my main event storyline. Managers own, but they own even more when they're named Paul Bear and managing a guy in a bear suit

What promotion are you playing as? You're doing a 1990 database, right? EDIT - Also, is that a heel vs heel thing?

"The Bad News Bear" Ursus is unleashed. He'll run wild until I can hire Ellering and then he'll get some direction. Ursamajor ruled as a name too, but it felt too long with the BNB nickname.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

So, TEW folks, how much cheating do you do with the database? I generally do a little at least, since I'm mostly interesting in a booking simulation not a budgeting simulation. Though this newest game, for kicks I set it so Bischoff hates both Austin and Regal in the hopes that they'd get released sooner than later - sure, I could just edit it so they worked for me, but I thought this might be more interesting. I also gave Hogan and Bischoff some severe addiction/steroid issues. We'll see how that all plays out, so far the only noticeable reaction is that Hogan beat Austin for the US title in WCW.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Playing TEW very late before bed last night, had a good laugh at this ridiculous team that had formed in Smokey Mountain Wrestling between Bob Armstrong and loving New Jack. Come to find out today that I must have been exceptionally groggy, as it's actually New Jack and Tracey Smothers not "Bullet" Bob. Which is still weird, but not as much of a mindfuck as New Jack / Bob Armstrong.

Hahahaha

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Sabertooth and Bane, wrestling for 35 people in Peutro Rico.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Dishwasher posted:

Universe mode. :smith:

Oh, for gently caress's sake.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like midnight eastern I think

Has anyone ever gotten review copies of the WWE game? I mean, it's not exactly a major series, and I can't remember any time I saw reviews of it that were before launch other than 'I got a leaked copy here's the poo poo'.

I got review copies from them for years when I wrote game reviews for a newspaper's website, though more often than not they hosed up the shipping and I would only get them the day before, the day of release, or in some cases, several days later which was pretty goddamn annoying.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

89 posted:

What does everybody think? I haven't bought a WWE game since 2K14

I don't even have words for how much I hate the submission system. It's so loving stupid. Either let me button mash or come up with something better than this garbage. Also, I can't find options for body hair in CAW, which is supremely annoying since the first CAW I tried to make was Zangief from Street Fighter.

There's a lot of nice little touches in the game so far, but I'm pretty goddamn miffed that I'm probably just never going to bother ever going for submissions cause I hate the system so much.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

They changed it because not everyone can button mash and turbo controllers completely ruin the online mode. They just borrowed it from the UFC games.

And it sucked in the UFC games too. I don't give a poo poo about online, hell, make it so you have to use the dumb system online, I don't care. Let me set it so I can button mash at home.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Somebody check and see if this isn't just on my end. When you're setting up a show in Universe and you're on that screen where you pick the arena, match-up screen, replay style, logo, etc, they give you the option to preview everything you've set up. After you watch the preview it resets everything you just picked back to default and you have to pick it again. This loving game.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

BrutusBeefcake posted:

I'm on PS4; do I need to subscribe to PS Plus in order to download CAWs?

No.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Genericide posted:

How do you guys play Universe Mode?

Mon - WWE
Tue - WWF (classic and Attitude people)
Wed - NXT
Thu - Indie/international wrestling (IWGP Title as the main, the ROH title as the secondary and GWF tag titles)
Fri - WCW
Sat - Chikara

I've got a show every day and a PPV every sunday. I just skim through until I find matches I like enough to play or matches I hate enough to edit into something better. I thought I would really get a kick out of MyCareer, but I just found myself very bored with it. Universe mode is full of bugs and weirdness, but it's hard to complain when Cesaro is into his 37th week as Chikara Grand Champion.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

So has anyone else had never ending feuds in Universe mode? Sasha and Summer have been feuding over the Diva's title for the past three years.

I made a Ted DiBiase vs Bret Hart feud ages ago and it's never stopped.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

I don't know what the work-around can be for playing as WWE in one of those games. It's just not fun by design, there's way too much to do and time doesn't move fast enough - but the level of minutiae they go for is (imo) perfect for a low indy game where you only have to deal with one show a month or maybe weekly TV.

When playing as WWE I just edit the database before I start so Raw and Smackdown are both only an hour long and I get rid of any other shows like Superstars or whatever.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Anyone know if talent gets pissed about inconsistent wellness related punishments in TEW? If I keep my drug testing but just stop punishing main eventers for it do talent who do get punished get upset? My last game I was WWE owner and Vince was just a goddamn nightmare to deal with, wanting to be on TV every single week and pissing hot every time he did.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

This crashed the game on my PS4 once as well, so I guess it's a persistent glitch.

Maybe it's something to do with doing the run in during a special effect? I've successfully done the break out/run in attacks on people before, but yesterday I had the game crash because I attacked Bob Tista while he was shooting lazers from his hands like he was 8 years old.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Been back into Universe mode in 2K16 lately.

My retro IC title scene has been avenging history. It took a quarter century but Honky got the belt back from Warrior. He dropped it to Bret at Mania which set the stage for me cheating like a bastard as Bobby Heenan and helping a computer controlled Mr. Perfect avenge Summerslam 91. Playing as a manager rules. I hope they expand it in the next one.

The retro Wrestlemania main event was Austin winning the title from Andre the Giant. It was loving awesome.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Tomahawk posted:

If I just wanna play out some WCW 1996-1998 fantasies is WWE 2k16 the game for me?

Yes, I think so.

If you dedicated your entire universe mode to WCW, you'd have any WCW guys already in the game and 100 CAW spots to fill with everyone else.

My Universe mode has a classic WWF and a WCW brand (along with 4 modern brands). I've got them set up to occasionally crossover for WWF vs WCW events.

Stunning Steve Austin is in the midst of a very long world title run right now. Outsiders just picked the tag belts up from Benoit/Malenko. Didn't have a Great American Bash logo when I made the show, so I used Dusty's face texture for the logo which worked out great.

Shot from one of the WWF vs WCW events

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Also good for role playing as Vince.

"Here's a detailed script for tonight's show."
"I'm changing EVERYTHING!" *flex*

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Help I bought WWE 2k16 and the only wrestling game I've played since 2002 is WWF No Mercy. I have an Xbone controller coming in the mail so for now I'm making due with a Wii Classic Pro. I can't counter for poo poo and it feels like I spend a lot of time just laying down.

Put the difficulty down until you get the counter timing right.

Laying down a lot could just be because you're getting your rear end kicked, but could also be not minding your stamina? Are you just going balls out with offense? I think you have to pace yourself more unless you've got a little tiny high stamina guy.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I'm playing a 1994 mod as WWF. I always tweak the finances, just so I don't have to worry about budgeting while I'm trying to book matches. This time, though, I decided to indulge a little. Ladies and gentlemen, your new on-screen authority figure - Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Anyone know how you edit managers in TEW 2016? I edited a database before starting to play, but I need to resolve a couple of "A is supposed to be B's manager in WWE, but A doesn't work there anymore" issues before it'll start. I can't find a place to edit who someone's manager is.

EDIT - wait, I think I found it in contract edit.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I intended give Bret , Taker and Bulldog a 10% bonus per PPV, but I apparently messed up and am giving them 10% per both PPV and TV show.

I've been wondering about this. I've been assuming "Show" means every show, TV or PPV, and that "Event" specifically means PPV. Is that right?

MisterGBH posted:

A 2K16 question from someone is about to get a ps4, whats the load times like for created guys and created content in general? It's what puts me off having rosters full of CAWs.

Load times for CAW stuff is definitely longer than non-created content, but I don't think load times are too bad. Especially if you can remember what load times were like a few years ago.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

So, I've generally been a pretty nice guy boss - I'm cheating like a bastard, so I'm giving out bonuses like they were candy. I assume the reason I'm moving towards loyalty but not much for velvet is cause I gave Brian Kendrick poo poo a couple of times when he showed up too stoned to work instead of letting it slide. Will I still unlock motivational speeches if I keep moving that meter down but not left?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Thanks for the answers re: motivational speeches in TEW 2016. I'll probably end up putting that code in at some point to check it out since I probably won't be enough of a push over to unlock it.

Anybody do their own custom merch settings? I've been doing them for a couple of months now and I'm increased my gross income a decent bit, but I've increased my costs a whole lot more. I'm working on the assumption that since there's the same number of them that the level of merch push should match how well their doing sales wise, is that right?

Fantastic - Very High
Good - High
Average - Medium
Weak - Low
Awful - Very Low

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Somebody please tell us what the parachute code did!

I axed merch for everyone in the awful category. Decided my weak category was small enough that I could justify keeping their shirts on sale - it's just Adam Cole, Sandow and Victoria. Hopefully this puts my merch in a more profitable position.

Is there no way to book a Dusty finish? I don't see a reverse decision option.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Good point! I hadn't thought of doing it with post-match angles. The argument in favour of getting more of their money is a good one, but since I was going to do it with my midcard title, I'm not sure how much potential money was actually at stake. I ended up doing a screwy ref angle instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Thanks, Colt!