Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Won king of the ring!

2 SR Miz and a rare briefcase I literally just pulled a duplicate of in exhibition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

So, that link lead me to this
Do you really only need to level up one of the cards you are combining to get the max value? I've been maxing both cards before combining, have I been wasting training?

http://www.reddit.com/r/wwesupercar...s_cards/cjzcfy7

quote:

Oh yea I forgot to update. Yea to get the highest potential you need to max out both cards that you are combining.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

75 points has me just outside the top 50,000

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Farewell Rare Pro AJ, welcome UR AJ.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Made it to the Ultra Rare KOTR Finals.

Pair of Mr. McMahon

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

This one?

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Default Champions: Lesnar - WWE World Heavyweight Champion - "Brock comes out with just the WWE title, shows the big gold belt, but doesn't actually have it"
holy christ.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Basic Chunnel posted:

Have you played a roguelike with combat? It's sort of like that. It's exclusively in-ring and it's turn-based in a sort of more complex rock-paper-scissors system - for example, your opponent hits you with a suplex, and then you can roll out of the way or try to reverse their next move from the ground or try to get up, and there are actions that they can take that will negate your action, result in no effect on either of you, or cause you to be stunned (giving them an extra turn). The purpose is more or less to stunlock your opponent and keep hitting moves.

One thing about the game, at least as I played it, is that it's kind of a spotfest - it's not clear exactly what you need to do to pin someone. They have overall stamina and limb damage, but you can completely drain their stamina and body condition with moves, hit your finisher three times in a row, and they'll still kick out of a pin easily. Pinning is determined by rolling chance on percentile and it's not clear how to boost your odds. The one time I played, I destroyed my opponent methodically in every visible way but according to the output, my chance of getting a 3-count was somewhere around 2-5%. Naturally even in their near-death state my inability to pin my opponent allowed them to wear me down and go over me after a long slugfest. I wouldn't call it a fun game.

There's literally a Calculation page after every move that tells you exactly what was calculated, how it was calculated, what the dice rolled and what the end result was. Pinning odds are tied almost exclusively to the last move you hit with +/- modifiers based on damage, fatigue and momentum.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Happitoo posted:

Good news for the 2 people still playing Supercard! It sounds like sandbagging may be going away!

http://i.gyazo.com/6fa81e6a41b12034d6798f398e023938.png

Not sure what this means for my strategy of purposely losing KOTRs in order to get fodder for the fusion chamber.

Probably just going to rank you based on the cards you have in your deck, not the particular cards you've chosen for that mode. Why that wasn't a thing from the get-go I'll never know.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Probably the most recent version back when they submitted to greenlight?

e: World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 is up as well, even though 4 just released.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Whales gonna whale. The idea is to break the barrier on those who haven't paid yet so they'll start paying in the future because they've become financially invested.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

cyberia posted:

I can't wait to grind up to WM tier six months from now and get a goddamned support card as my free pull.

First Legendary card? Support
First two Survivor cards? Supports
First Legendary fusion card? Freddie loving Blassie

I've got a Legendary fusion running at the moment scheduled to finish on Saturday morning and if it's another Blassie card I'm going to uninstall this app so hard.

Same thing happened to me except I gave up at the Legendary card. I was stuck at Epic++ for weeks trying to get enough Epic cards to pair to push me over the hump, my second free Epic pull was a diva that pushed me over the edge (finally replaced that SR ladder Paige!) and I got a Legendary 2x4. Faced with another few months of not having good enough cards to get into Legendary KOTR to start farming 2x Ultra Rares I gave up, and now that the KOTR changes mean I couldn't even do that any more I'm glad I quit.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

The American Dream posted:

Has anyone had put put a code in? It just asked me to put one in on a 9 digit phone pad after a match.

Friend of mine did:

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My main problem in TEW 13 is that every wrestler is just a gigantic dick. Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose of all people were the only guys I could ever find in the entire database who were willing to do jobs. Everyone else is loving Hoganesque.

I can have a guy in the lower midcard slot with 30 overness across the country, and he'll flip his god drat poo poo about doing the job to some 5 overness newcomer I'm trying to get over.

It's almost impossible to debut guys (for example out of NXT) and get anyone to put them over without having to generously bribe them continuously. I don't know if this is how the game is meant to work or if I'm just doing something horribly wrong, but it's really obnoxious having to have everyone 'keep strong' and 'protected' in nearly every match if I don't want them losing their minds.

Remember that time Colin Delaney came into ECW and got the poo poo beat out of him by the Big Daddy V's of the world, to put them over as worldbeaters? You're booking that, except Delaney is winning the matches after taking those beatings.

Try booking the new guys to lose in an open match; having them lose, but look competitive doing so is probably going to do better establishing them than having them win after getting their poo poo pushed in, and it shouldn't actively piss off your roster either.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Gough Suppressant posted:

Seems legit, didn't Sheamus win his first title thanks to Cena falling through a table?

He pushed him off the top rope through that table

It also had a great piece of storytelling go by the wayside: Cena got back into the ring & pocketed a piece of the table as a memento of when he overlooked a challenger and lost the title as a result, but it's long since forgotten.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

I always hated the sliding bar because the CPU tried to pin me so infrequently that I could never remember the timing, and you only get one shot to get it right most of the time before the three count.

I feel like there was one of the WWE games with both mechanisms combined together, where mashing raised up the bar slowly but it maintained that height for the rest of the pinfall & holding a button raised it faster but it dropped back to where you'd left off mashing if you missed; if you could mash it fast enough to get it in the zone you would kick out, but usually you would mash it to get it close enough to have several chances to time the sliding portion.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sasha tweeted she'd been scanned, don't know about the others.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

Is there anything TEW 2010 does better than the most recent version? Just curious, I skipped all the previous versions

Not in particular, but IIRC it's the most recent (only?) version on Steam (& therefore it doesn't have their draconian DRM) and considering how stingy the Grey Dog pricing schemes have been I'd be shocked if you could get it by itself for under $20 within the next calendar year.

TEW2010 + WMMA3 (again, not the most recent version, but I enjoy it nonetheless) + several other games that might not be trash for $3 is a steal.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Lucha Dragons beat Kane & Taker

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

sk posted:

guess what I found in the wild this weekend?

http://i.imgur.com/DGJrkmn.jpg

e: that might break a table i dunno

...League pinball. Huh.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

kairosoft presents puro booker story

I'd buy it.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Subscribe and reboot the application to download a CAW. Clunky as hell.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...s/?id=972921047

Anyone done that corner grapple mission yet? It's like mission 6. Says whip the guy in the corner and press direction and hard attack, but my guys move just goes through him

I did it last night; it's not worded properly because it wants you to initiate a corner grapple by walking into him and then direction+BIG.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

The very first grappling tutorial tells you if you were late or early

Granted that's the only one that does & that kinda sucks because I'm awful at it

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-veBEQNRU

I'm incredibly lucky I've been recording this tournament because holy gently caress I feel like this is the sort of thing I need hard proof of

I'd guess wrestlers take more damage when they're exhausted & Nakamura was sucking wind from the 5 minute mark on

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

remusclaw posted:

I feel like the series peaked with EWR. It is just complicated enough to be satisfying, but not so complicated as to be overwhelming. Also, it has sooo much more personality.

Also it's janky as hell and old as balls so it can be a rough play especially if you use a modern save which slows it down quite a bit last I played.

Every time I have tried TEW, and I have tried several times in different years games, and I just spend way too long setting up and barely make it through my first show.

Honestly I wish he'd just mashed the TEW match/angle booking into the EWR framework & called it a day. I loved EWR but I can't go back to the clunky-rear end show booking style (for those unfamiliar, you have to pick match/interview/angle, then the # of participants, then the match gimmick, then the participants, then whether or not it's for a title, then the result, then the actual finish, then the post-match shenanigans, and then the purpose of the match. You have to do every one of these steps for every match you book).

oldskool fucked around with this message at Sep 14, 2018 around 14:36

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

This just inspired an idea I have no interest on actually putting any effort into:

Do like a Critical Role style show but with TEW. Book a show, get a few people to read the promos, do B&V style recaps of the matches, etc. Stream it on twitch or whatever. It'd be super nerdy and/or stupid funny.

all the booking & promo writing with none of the tedious match writing that kills this concept every single time? this one might have some legs